• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Curiosity

Lust

Ubersexual
    Years
    What are some things you've done because of curiosity? There's the old saying that curiosity killed the cat, but I like to think of curisity in a different way. A member on another forums said, "Curiosity didn't kill the cat, it made kittens." xD Isn't that the best quote ever?

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I touched a hot curling iron when I was little...purely out of curiosity - I swear! O.O It hurt...a lot. XD It was really dumb of me, but my mom was always like "don't touch it it will burn you!!!11oneone" and so...I guess I wanted to see how hot it really was...XD

~Kelsey

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I got my head stuck between the bars of the fence surrounding our stairwell....I wanted to see if I could see all the way down...XD

Years
    My brother and dad were doing somekind of science experiment with putting salt into water. I bragged and told them I could drink it all when they were done. I was confused and didn't realize how much salt they put in there. After just a sip I almost puked, I was over the sink for a good 20 minutes trying to get the taste out of my mouth. I only did it because I wondered what salt water tasted like. :D

Years
    Typhlozion said:
    I touched a hot curling iron when I was little...purely out of curiosity - I swear! O.O It hurt...a lot. XD It was really dumb of me, but my mom was always like "don't touch it it will burn you!!!11oneone" and so...I guess I wanted to see how hot it really was...XD

Oh man, I've done something similar to that...except it was with a hot stove burner. I was about seven years old, and I touched it because I wanted to see if it really was that hot. :P

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    I jumped into a pool in December in like 20F rainy weather... Just to see if it was really that cold.

It was.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Just a few nights ago, I took a piece of gum (wild berry frost) and put it on the lightbulb in my lamp. Then not only did I end up with melted gum (the best ever!) but I saw steam come from the gum and the bulb got all gooed up and I had to get a replacement.
    What! I was curious!
    And then there was the time I licked deodorant because it was the same color as the frosting in oreos. XD

Sylver

Peacekeeper.
    Years
    Typhlozion said:

~Kelsey
    Lol, this happaned to me too!

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Typhlozion said:

~Kelsey
    That happened to me too >.<

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Hmm,at a scout camp i wondered what a piece of red hot metal would feel like in a fire and me being me just had to pick it up and i learnt a very painful lesson.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I sometimes put my finger under boiling water just to see what it feels like.

Years
    Hmmm? I put Axe on my hand and set my hand on fire just to see if my hand wouldn't get burned! XP I got burned alittle but I put my hand under water in time so I was fine! ^^"

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Well there's this stuff which you put on your throat (the skin that is..O_O) and it clears it up and you also put it on your nose and if it's stuffy it helps it...when I was like five I decided to see what would happen if it I put it on my eyes..XD; Funny...it said on the back "Do not put on eyes" in very big black letters...XD; Suddenly, this unbearable burning shot up my eyeballs, and if my dad wasn't home, he said to me a few years later I would have gone blind...amazingly enough, I have extremely good eyesight until this day ^^

Years
    Well... umm... I can't say that one... BUT! ^^;;
    I can say that I scraped a really big piece of paint off tha wall during class an' started chewin' it in front of my shocked teacher ta see if it tasted like calcium... it din't. It also left a nasty itch in my nech an' it didn't raise my Sp.Atk. either. XD
    Sounds childish? ...well I did it less than a month ago actually! XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I dipped my hand in a vat of near-boiling wax and held it in there for a minute. Fortunately, the first bit of wax that touched my hand coated it and lessened any further damage or pain.

Years
    I can't say I've done anything really dangerous or stupid because of curiosity... but I did sign up at forums because I was curious about the software xD

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I used to lift up girls' skirts when I was like 4 or 5. Can't believe I did that sometimes.

Psy Master

Sapphire Skitty's Husband!
    Years
    Typhlozion said:

~Kelsey
    I did something rather similar! My dad was ironing his uniform, so I touched the metal of the iron out of curiousity, and BAM! It stung so bad! I couldn't belive I'd do something so STUPID!

Back