• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Current Generation Five Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongo

Go Mets!
    Years
    I'm really happy with the grass starter, and the fire one has potential.

Underwhelmed by the water one, though.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Fire and water starters are sooooo cute :O and I love the character designs too, especially how they gave the girl a baseball hat. It's a nice tomboyish look.
    The grass starter looks a tad creepy to me, I'm not sure why...it's probably because of its giant eye. For Pokémon it just seems really prominent and odd. I can almost already tell that I'll be picking fire for my starter, omggg fire pig.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Fire starter looks actually quite good. and the female character looks cute (and i wish the character wasn't a 10 year old still).
    Lucky, because the male and female protagonists are no longer ten year old kids in these games compared to the previous Pokémon meta-games. In this case, they're considered teenagers which is a step up for GameFreak as it's about time we begin moving up the ladder a bit in the games. With this said, I see nothing wrong with the female wearing such a short short pants as most teenage girls today do. As for the male, well he dresses his age, that's for sure. Plus, it appears this region is also far away from the past four generation regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh). So, I have a feeling that some predictable patterns may just be broken for the Fifth Generation.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    I'm only really impressed by the grass starter, it looks cool and sly. The other two are kind of meh (the evolutions might look better). But maybe they'll have better final forms. And I love the new characters, although I'm wondering what the spikey things in the girl's shorts are?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I'm only really impressed by the grass starter, it looks cool and sly. The other two are kind of meh (the evolutions might look better). But maybe they'll have better final forms. And I love the new characters, although I'm wondering what the spikey things in the girl's shorts are?
    The shorts... they are making me fell this game will take place in america :)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I'm actually really liking these designs, to be honest. When I first saw the silhouettes I was a little apprehensive because they seemed to basic, but know that they have been fully revealed I like them a lot. The Grass Starter looks pretty cool, even if he does remind me of Treeko some. The Fire Starter is adorable I must say, and it's going to be interesting to see what his evolutions look like, as well as for the Water Starter. So I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far :] It also looks like everybody's predictions on the types in correspondence to the silhouettes were correct xD

And as for the Trainers, they're awesome. Couldn't say anything more. ^-^

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    Have anyone seen this?
    Current Generation Five Information Thread

train tracks!!
    and whats that in the bottom left???
    The characters look amazing and alot older maybe 14-16?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    And I love the new characters, although I'm wondering what the spikey things in the girl's shorts are?
    I think they're meant to be her pockets, like, the shorts were originally long(er) pants that were cut to be shorts, but the pockets weren't cut.

Looking back at the designs, it's kind of odd (to me) that the type of clothing is so different between the guy and the girl. The guy looks like he's dressed for cooler weather, while the girl looks like she's dressed for summer/hotter weather. You'd think they'd make the two consistent, not that it's a huge game-breaking detail :p

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    train tracks!!
    and whats that in the bottom left???
    The characters look amazing and alot older maybe 14-16?

It look like the Male Protagonist is in some type of forest in the bottom left.

Years
    Well just saw the Coro Coro scans.

The Starters look quite fine to me. So the Water Starter looks like a Polar Bear for some reason.

As for the others, the Fire Starter looks like a ToarkoalxGrumpig mix. XP

The Grass looks unique tho. :3

Years
    Short shorts. Oh god, the internet is going to do some horrible things with her. And what are those things hanging off the shorts.
    The boy looks better than 4th gens
    Grass snake... clever (even though it has arms and legs)
    Fire pig. I predict its second type to be dark.
    Water started looks like... blegh.
    Claw sharpen with anything that has stone edge plz.
    Illusion, if its not controllable, then i suspect zor to be in the bottom ranks on smogon.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    a forest where you go through a broken tree trunk to get off the ledge? awesome :)
    and yeah lol, it probs will take place in america- just look at the way the dress- that's exactly how we dress :)
    some more info

The region's name is Isshu (イッシュ) and is located very far away.
    The main characters are older than ever before; they are not children.
    The Pokemon's names are Tsutaaja (ツタージャ), Pokabu (ポカブ), and Mijumaru (ミジュマル). For Tsuutaaja, "tsuta" means "ivy" and "ja" is one way of saying the word "snake." For Pokabu, the name could derive from "po" for "pork," "ka" from the Japanese kanji for "fire," and "bu" is the sound a pig makes in Japanese culture (here it's "oink"). As for Mijumaru, "mijuku" means "immature" and "maru" means "round" or "ball."
    It appears the starters are an ivy snake, a fire pig, and a sea otter.
    The city shown in the top-left of the scan is Hiun City.
    Zoroark's ability is called Illusion (イリュージョン). The ability allows it to take on the appearance of other Pokemon.
    Two new attacks are Trickery (イカサマ), which outputs damage depending on the opposing Pokemon's stats, and Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ), which raises your Attack and Accuracy.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I want the Water starter, sea otters ftw! Its cute, looks like it will be a beast when it grows up. Its head reminds me of a snowball, lol.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Short shorts. Oh god, the internet is going to do some horrible things with her. And what are those things hanging off the shorts.
    That's Rule 34 for ya ;). Even if she had been in a giant clown costume there would still be some quite... iffy pictures being made.

Years

Lucky, because the male and female protagonists are no longer ten year old kids in these games compared to the previous Pokémon meta-games. In this case, they're considered teenagers which is a step up for GameFreak as it's about time we begin moving up the ladder a bit in the games. With this said, I see nothing wrong with the female wearing such a short short pants as most teenage girls today do. As for the male, well he dresses his age, that's for sure. Plus, it appears this region is also far away from the past four generation regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh). So, I have a feeling that some predictable patterns may just be broken for the Fifth Generation.
    nice, at least i dont feel guilty about liking her now. regardless, the otter starter is a big disappointment.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I want the Water starter, sea otters ftw! Its cute, looks like it will be a beast when it grows up. Its head reminds me of a snowball, lol.
    Yeah i love its snowball look :) and even thought its a sea otter now, i wouldnt even be surprised if it evolves into some kind of polar bear, its not like we havent seen weirder stuff

I Date Flaffy's

StreetFighter Till The End
    Years
    Does anybody else think these pokemon are all cutsy i hope to god they will be beasts when they grow up they remind me of old pokemon that have been changed slightly

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back