• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Current Generation Five Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I love that pic of the "market", its way different than anything we've seen in a Pokemon game, as is the alleyway. I like how they got a line at the booth and how the old man with the cane is at the end, lol.

Edit: That's a guy with a breifcase, nvm. Well, I think thats more original!

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I love that pic of the "market", its way different than anything we've seen in a Pokemon game, as is the alleyway. I like how they got a line at the booth and how the old man with the cane is at the end, lol.

Edit: That's a guy with a breifcase, nvm. Well, I think thats more original!

Yes I love the market too! It looks like Las Ramblas in Barcelona.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Yes I love the market too! It looks like Las Ramblas in Barcelona.

I remember being there :P All the small stalls they set up were incredible :D But my mum was paranoid about pickpockets... ¬_¬

I think little things like that make cities seem more like... cities! Bigger than Jubilife, Saffron and Goldenrod anyway...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2010
    On that official website, the screenshot of the Bridge that the main character is staring at in the Bottom Left looks like the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City!
    However, with all that water around and the style of the buildings in the screenshot, this new region reminds me of Hong Kong rather than somewhere further, however, they did state that the new region would be very far from the first few generations and Hong Kong is far too close to Japan.
    Sorry for all this bit of speculation but yeah, one more thing...
    ARE THEY TAKING AWAY OUR POKEMON THAT FOLLOW US? D:
    THAT WAS MY FAVORITE ASPECT OF THE NEW GENERATION GAME(HGSS)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    :(

shot571

finally. were going to have battle animations. this should be fun :)

Years
    If you goto pokebeach they have some fotage of the new pokemon sunday, and I have to say awesome. It seem's the pokemon wont just stand there in battle but they will move while there waiting have different poses and the camera moves! I have to say I am realy gunna enjoy watching every pokemon battle lol

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    Don't know if this has been posted here but Pokemon Sunday just updated us with couple of gameplay footage. The most noticeable were the battle scene demo with animated moving sprites. Also it seems there are a lot more interaction with other people now that they speak to you as you walk pass them.

Skip to about 1:15 for battle scenes.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I've just seen the new footage (which can be found on Pokebeach) and I have to admit, I'm very, very impressed. The moving Pokemon sprites means that the Pokemon are a lot more interactive than in all the previous games - it almost looks like a battle scene from the anime. Also, the trainer interaction with you is awesome! I mean, they're walk around you, not you around them. This makes playing Pokemon so much easier! I really can't wait for more!

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    Wow, I'm very impressed too! It's not yet an anime battle, but it looks amazing! What are the messages that appear when you walk in the street btw? (anyone who can translate maybe?)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Really impressed by the gameplay! Those things are moving, breathing, blinking even! I always look out for blinking in all type of Animation and for them to do this in a Pokemon Game, wow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I would have to say I'm quite impressed with this new game function. But for space's sake (They need at the very least about 3-4 sprites for the back and front of each pokemon to animate it, that's estimated at 650 tops) I'm not sure that they will keep the pokemon following feature and make another 5 sprites per pokemon. What do you guy's think?

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I love the new battle animations :D We've only seen special moves though - I'm hoping that the pokemon run in to each other for physical moves...

So far Black and White look very promising :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back