• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] ~Cursed Books: OOC~ [PG-13]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • From the gamer's perspective:

Definitely number two. If you can make it unique, absolutely do. Though if you can include pictures of the characters, it'd definitely add to the appeal. Possibly even some animations.

Years
  • 2 It is.

I can't add pictures since we have no artist willing to make bust's.
    I can make the game side-view style so that characters spriters are showing like in Final Fantasy 6 [Or its better known SNES version, Final Fantasy 3].

I'll look into making a few edits, until then, the pain in the ass classes of college are dragging me. Most I can do is post when I can, but I won't be working on the game for a while and for good reason.
    I'll resume working on the game when my bigger ordeal's with astronomy is over with.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Okay Dokay. Still awaiting lokiepie/gimmiepie to respond :/ If she doesnt respond by tuesday, (dont know but tuesday is a nice day) then I'll just carry on.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • I think the game would work pretty awesomely in a grid-style combat system (Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, etc.). That way you could really utilize the different abilities that some books have (I.E. Shiro's shields existing in the environment, or a way to utilize a character who could teleport or run very fast and not have it necessarily apply to the battle itself, but just the position of attack)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • In this game I would think that Cad would be little more than a warrior with a bit of extra attack power. Maybe a leadership bonus or something. But I agree with Wolfy. I think that Fire Emblem style or FFT would work.

Years
  • Crimson, make the attempt to contact Lokiepie first before you continue on without her in your next post. At least post a public msg to her profile and pm her. If she doesn't respond before Tues at the latest, like you are claiming, you may post without her.

Moving on, a TBS (Tactical Battle System, Like Fire emblem) is also an option. However its very tricky to work with. Reason being since I'm building the game on RPG maker VXAce; there is only one known TBS system availble, GTBS or Guilbs Tactical Battle System.

It is commercial free as long as I jump a few hurdles (hurdles I can't jump yet), however, unless I can work around it, it will req. another system called Victors Damage popup; a system or script I will have to purchase the license to use and I don't have any money to pay these people.

And let me rephrase the term for artist, Optional Pirate has offered and I requested Ura, she has yet to draw him so I may have to draw the bust's myself when I have time.

Years
  • Well, she needs to learn to interact and speak to begin with. She'll be traveling with a group of people who intend to fight Ovan. Move over, if she is suppose to act as healing support, she'll need to be psychological and emotional support as well for those who will be baring the pain and suffering under their own curses.

ALSO!

http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

This is one of the Master script list's I have located with battle system's, menu icons, features and so on that support VXAce. If you want to discuss what we should use in the game and can find it here, pm me, Public message me or post here what we should use and we'll give feedback.

Be sure the script's have some mention of 'commercial free' or 'free for commercial use' on their main website when you travel to view it.

Years
  • That's a long list...Of things I know nothing about 0.o But it looks very complicated, and therefore very good.

I'll be posting when I get home from school.

It's a list of scripts that can change the game's behavior and how it works.

Example, in RMVXACE, you can only move in 4-directions, left, right, up and down.
    In the list, there is a script called 8 directional movement, so if I add that script to the game, I can move diagonally up-left, up-right, down-left and down-right.

Just as much as I can change the battle system from simple turn by turn tactics into Legend of Zelda based combat or Fire Emblem tactics.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • 4-directions seems better suited, since I feel like this game would need strategy to be a high asset.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Just to clarify, this uproar is in the same pub as the one Nate is in correct?

Notice Nate!! haha, sorry if I got the story mixed up a bit, been a bit... off.
    Either way, its Nates turn to join the group now. THERE IS A MOLE. AND HIS NAME IS... NATE
    It didn't rhyme :(

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • DeLaMuerte and optionalpirate, for the sake of bringing all of our characters together (without it taking months), I'm going to go ahead and make sure that, by the end of the post I'm currently writing, she is in front of both of your characters, and it will be clear that she is another book-user.

And I'm guessing by the just-now-posted post, Crimson0191 will be nearby as well... ._.

Back