• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Custom Pokewalker Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Design Covers would definitely be cool.
    I have Brothers, Who have Pokewalkers.
    If they get mixed up, Hell would break loose between them all. >_>
    its Why I Hardly use mine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Actualy i would like mine to just be 100% grey, that would be a great disguise. people would have hard
    to see what i am standing with, since its not a bright red or green color.
    i would also get bullied at school since im 14 and plays pokemon.
    I wonder if japanese kids (on 14) gets bullied if they play pokemon.
    Proberbly not.

Last edited:

kichithewolf

Twitch Dates Pokemon Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2016

ughhh that sucks. I wonder if there's a way to force it off and then just glue it back on? I'd love to get my hands on another pokwalker to muck around with, but if I can't I think I'll just leave mine alone haha

There's a screwdriver that can take those screws off. Nintendo uses them just so people can't open these things up. You can find them if you try to open up your ds.

I have one, but I'm too scared to take apart the Pokewalker. XD

(It's called a tri-wing screwdriver.)

Years
  • Ooh, I do like the idea of PokeWalker modding. It's a good thing I can't afford to buy HeartGold or SoulSilver, otherwise I don't think I could control myself. ;) I'd probably be making a new mod every week! Here's the two designs I have photoshopped up so far:
    85845744.png

Edit: I forgot to explain them! ^_^ Obviously the first design is of a Master Ball, but the M would be engraved into it, not painted on. Likewise with the GS Ball, the logo would be engraved. The GS Ball would either be achieved with lacquer-paints, followed by a heavy gloss, or a complete remake of the shell using an appropriate metal that I could copper-plate for the top half, or even gold plate! *imagination goes wild*

Last edited:
    Years
  • They're very nice pictures, Pixels! Personally, I love the Dusk Ball, because of its spectacular animations.

Hence, I caught most of the legendaries with it.

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
  • I might remake the button faces and the front cover to make it look like a grey Pokeball with the Team Rocket logo on the top (basically a Team Rocket Ball) and make the buttons look like standard Pokeballs. If I can figure out how to make the screen backlit, I'll do it in a heartbeat and let others know how :)

Sup3rSuzaku

Trusted Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • My friend has 2 pokewalkers 1 regular 1 Japanese he turned the Japaneses one into a see through case so that means you can mod it but he didn't tell me how hmmm lets use our imagination here

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • Digivice is wick. I'd have it in lilac obviously, a little like the one I STILL have :D

Other than that, I hope ONM or NGamer gives away Pokewalker decals. I wouldn't wanna take mine apart and bust it :(

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Im considering painting mine like a premier ball, silver top and bottom with a red middle line.

Years
  • Any brush paints won't work. You'll get brush strokes, and it'll be too thick. Your best bet is to get glossy sticker paper for your printer and have someone create a template for pokewalker mods that always prints off at the right size.

Also, the inside screws are called tri-wing screws, and you can buy screwdrivers that work with them for less than $5 in an online shop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back