• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cutiefly Breakdown!

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    This thread isn't really for discussing Vivillon.

Anyway, I found some more bee flies that Cutiefly could evolve into. This one has a really weird body shape, and I'm not sure it would be as cute, maybe something like Glameow to Purrugly? I think Purrugly's cuter than Glameow though, haha. I call this one Beedeous (portmanteau of bee and hideous).
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Alternatively, there's this one, which seems to have a closer shape to Cutiefly, but it has some really cool patterns that make me think it could learn Signal Beam. I've dubbed it Beetiful. (portmanteau of bee and beautiful) The shiny for this one could be really awesome too:
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Or they could do this one, which I'm pretty sure isn't a bee fly, but it would stay on the cute path. It has pretty cute ear-looking things on the sides of its head. This one I've named Flydoral or Adorafly (portmanteau of fly and adorable).
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Yea I saw this but these bee flies aren't in the same family/branch of bee flies cutiefly's based off, + I rather not have these be Cutiefly's future ;-;

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021

That looks so much like a Firefly. The spaceship kind, not the bug kind.

Anyway. Cutiefly is, indeed, a cutie-pie. Almost makes me want to reconsider doing a Grass only run.
    Well, I'll have to catch one for my Dex anyway.
    And if she evolves into something like the above, I will name her Serenity.

Now, somebody brought up that bee fly larvae eat bee larvae, so have we considered that Cutiefly might be the final evolution of its line? Maybe there's some weird little fairy grub yet to be shown.
    Doesn't seem very likely, but it could happen, right?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That looks so much like a Firefly. The spaceship kind, not the bug kind.

Anyway. Cutiefly is, indeed, a cutie-pie. Almost makes me want to reconsider doing a Grass only run.
    Well, I'll have to catch one for my Dex anyway.
    And if she evolves into something like the above, I will name her Serenity.

Now, somebody brought up that bee fly larvae eat bee larvae, so have we considered that Cutiefly might be the final evolution of its line? Maybe there's some weird little fairy grub yet to be shown.
    Doesn't seem very likely, but it could happen, right?

I was the one who brought it up. It would be interesting to have such a tiny final evolved mon.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    This thread isn't really for discussing Vivillon.

Anyway, I found some more bee flies that Cutiefly could evolve into. This one has a really weird body shape, and I'm not sure it would be as cute, maybe something like Glameow to Purrugly? I think Purrugly's cuter than Glameow though, haha. I call this one Beedeous (portmanteau of bee and hideous).
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Alternatively, there's this one, which seems to have a closer shape to Cutiefly, but it has some really cool patterns that make me think it could learn Signal Beam. I've dubbed it Beetiful. (portmanteau of bee and beautiful) The shiny for this one could be really awesome too:
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Or they could do this one, which I'm pretty sure isn't a bee fly, but it would stay on the cute path. It has pretty cute ear-looking things on the sides of its head. This one I've named Flydoral or Adorafly (portmanteau of fly and adorable).
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

I really hope cutiefly doesn't evolve into a Pokémon similiar to the first picture .... That thing creeps me out xD
    I liked the last picture though, looks cute ^^ I wouldn't mind if Cutiefly evolved into something like that! But I don't have any idea of what is cutiefly going to evolve into, or if it's even going to evolve >.<

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Something that I thought might be kind of funny, what if Cutiefly becomes the region's Zubat to represent that Cutiefly is supposed to be a pestering fly that is everywhere. Running into Cutieflies left and right with every step you take. It might turn from being adored everywhere to being the bane of every traveler trying to progress in the game.

Also to drive the point home, ignoring Zubat's annoying presence, I always thought it had a pretty cute design. :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Something that I thought might be kind of funny, what if Cutiefly becomes the region's Zubat to represent that Cutiefly is supposed to be a pestering fly that is everywhere. Running into Cutieflies left and right with every step you take. It might turn from being adored everywhere to being the bane of every traveler trying to progress in the game.

Also to drive the point home, ignoring Zubat's annoying presence, I always thought it had a pretty cute design. :P
    Zubat is pretty cute, as is it's Gen V counterpart. I Are bee flies that common though?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well if cutiefly is common, at least it won't be hard to catch one! Easier to find shinies too

Years
    I think I should bring up a possibility for Cutiefly's evolutions. I can't imagine how they'll make it different without being just a bigger Cutiefly but I do hope the evolutions emphasize more on its Fairy-type since I do consider it interesting on a Pokemon like this.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Cutiefly is 0.04" and 0.4 lbs, I can almost guarantee this thing will evolve. It is hard to picture what it will actually evolve into but I'm thinking something like a sort of Mosquito based Pokemon.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Cutiefly is 0.04" and 0.4 lbs, I can almost guarantee this thing will evolve. It is hard to picture what it will actually evolve into but I'm thinking something like a sort of Mosquito based Pokemon.

That's among the smallest :3
    idrc if it evolves, I think it's fine as it is tbh, but I could see that.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years

I still personally think it'll just gain more fluff and grow larger wings like swablu->altaria

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I still personally think it'll just gain more fluff and grow larger wings like swablu->altaria

Yes I could see that working out. It could even become cuter, because I think Altaria is cuter then Swablu, although I think it would be hard to make it cuter.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Why do people think/want cutiefly to become a moth?

Hmm, I just thought of something. The early bug Pokemon usually has a counterpart. Caterpie has Weedle. Ladyba has Spinarak. Wumple's evolutions are counterparts. Kricketot has Burmy. Sewaddle has Venepide. Scatterbug had no early bug counterpart...
    I think that Cutiefly could be the counterpart of Grubbin. If so then it'll likely be part of a three stage evolution line like Grubbin, seeing how the counterparts tend to have the same number of stages (Burmy is slightly different in that it's evolutions depend on the gender of it, unlike Kricketot which only has one Kricketune.)
    Because like Cutiefly, moths are cute. And some are very fuzzy!

But larvae are neither cute nor fuzzy. I would not want Cutiefly to have a pre-evolution because it would likely be an ugly larvae and I want Cutiefly's line to be all cute.

The possibility of a Bug/Dragon Cutiefly evo? I ' M R E A D Y

Yes I could see that working out. It could even become cuter, because I think Altaria is cuter then Swablu, although I think it would be hard to make it cuter.
    Since Mega Altaria gets like a bonnet and bib made of fluff, maybe Cutiefly's evo could get a monocle and tophat made of fluff. A classy fly.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    DRAGON/FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED
    Now I keep trying to imagine how Cutiefly's look would change if it became a Dragon-Type and it's always just really scary lol!

Oh my goodness yes I will literally burn hundreds of dollars for this!
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

For some reason I can imagine this being a Fairy-Type, too... Maybe because the tea and tophat thing is associated with Britain and there's a lot of faeries in English lore?

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
    Aah Cutiefly's so adorable. One of my favourites so far this gen, and I'm loving the typing, Bug/Fairy's gotta be one of my favourite typings out there. :pink_boogie: Hopefully we'll be seeing an evo line maybe like this; Cutiefly -> woolly aphid -> fuzzy moth, that would be rather unlikely if Cutiefly even evolves at all but would be super cute. ? Like the fluff gradually takes over ;v; I'm certain we'll be seeing a speedy special attacker for Cutiefly, though who knows.

Back