• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

D/P OU RMT - All Consuming Darkness

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
  • Mono-Dark Team -
    I noticed when I was training some of my pokemon on Pearl that quite a few of my favourites are Dark Type pokemon, so a mono type team would be fun to use. However since this is WiFi, no Platinum moves and easy on the HP.

Spiritomb@Leftovers
    Pressure
    Careful Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 140 Atk, 116 Sp Def
    - Sucker Punch / Taunt
    - Pursuit / Taunt
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp

I love this thing as a lead, If they attack, Sucker Punch does them in, if they flee, Pursuit hits for extra damage, if they stat up, Will o Wisp cuts their attacking power. However Taunt may prove to be useful vs those suicidal leads.

Absol@Life Orb
    Super Luck
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Def
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash
    - X Scissor
    - Swords Dance

One of my favourite pokemon here, Who doesn't like base 130 Attack backed by Swords Dance, of course poor defences and speed are a concern. Using Night Slash due to it's high crit ratio, but may change to Sucker Punch if I need priority on my side.

Tyranitar@Life Orb/Choice Band
    Sandstream
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Sp Atk
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge / Ice Beam

DDTar, one hell of a force once it begins to dance. Ice Beam allows me to smack around Gliscor trying to wall me, but Stone Edge does give me the good old Earthslide coverage. Choice Band with Ice Beam > Dragon Dance may work as well.

Houndoom@Choice Scarf
    Flash Fire
    Mild Nature
    EVs: 80 Atk, 252 Sp Atk, 176 Speed
    -Fire Blast
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hidden Power Electric
    -Pursuit

Revenge Killer Houndoom (once I breed it that is), takes care of Gyarados with HP Electric. Pursuit to catch fleeing ghosts/psychics.

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk (252 HP, 12 Atk, 28 Def, 218 Spd; if Lucario becomes a problem)
    -Stealth Rock
    -Fire Fang/Aerial Ace
    -Earthquake
    -Roost

With a team as weak to bugs and fighters as a Dark mono type, Gliscor seems to be the best counter for them. While Fire Fang hits Scizor harder, since this is a D/P team, I may just use Aerial Ace due to STAB and being able to take down that pesk that is known as Heracross. Earthquake already deals with Lucario.

Cacturne@Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Sucker Punch
    -Focus Punch

Heavy prediction required to use this set, but it can be deadly to the opponent, attack and be sucker punched, don't attack and get focus punched. Subseed is just annoying as hell anyway.
    ---

Now why I didn't really consider the main threats when building this team, I did take into account Dark types weaknesses and strengths, Spiritomb handles any fighting move like a champ providing I can keep it alive. And Tyranitar can usually take out the Bug types that pose a problem.

---
    changes to team:-
    Scarf Ttar replaced with DD/CB Ttar
    NP Houndoom replaced with Scarf Houndoom
    Drapion replaced with Gliscor
    Umbreon replaced with Cacturne

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Immediately, a Scarf Heracross rips your entire team to bits. With no trouble. Megahorn + Close Combat is all he really needs to O-2HKO your entire team. Drapion and Spiritomb only boost his power, and he hits your whole team bar Spiritomb for super effective damage.

A Dusknoir over Spiritomb can, ironically, prove useful. It beats ScarfCross, and can also Pain Split and block spin, as well as beat Gengar 1 vs. 1 thanks to Shadow Sneak's priority.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/252 Def/6 Att
    Pain Split
    Will O Wisp
    Fire Punch
    Shadow Sneak

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well i actually suggest doing something different with T-Tar and use a Scarf Set on Houndoom and use HP Electric on that, since Gyarados outruns t-tar after a DD. Pretty much in short : - Houndoom is a better revenge killer, for this team..

Houndoom@Choice Scarf
    80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Speed
    Mild / Hasty Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Pursuit
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden power Electric

^^this, if you can..

Also is it just me or havent i seen you around lately 0.o ?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Immediately, a Scarf Heracross rips your entire team to bits. With no trouble. Megahorn + Close Combat is all he really needs to O-2HKO your entire team. Drapion and Spiritomb only boost his power, and he hits your whole team bar Spiritomb for super effective damage.

A Dusknoir over Spiritomb can, ironically, prove useful. It beats ScarfCross, and can also Pain Split and block spin, as well as beat Gengar 1 vs. 1 thanks to Shadow Sneak's priority.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/252 Def/6 Att
    Pain Split
    Will O Wisp
    Fire Punch
    Shadow Sneak

Yeah always thought Heracross was gonna be a pain, just was hoping that I could cover him with something. Dusknoir does sound like a good idea, but how effective would that set be as a lead?

Well i actually suggest doing something different with T-Tar and use a Scarf Set on Houndoom and use HP Electric on that, since Gyarados outruns t-tar after a DD. Pretty much in short : - Houndoom is a better revenge killer, for this team..

Houndoom@Choice Scarf
    80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Speed
    Mild / Hasty Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Pursuit
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden power Electric

^^this, if you can..

I guess that's what I should've expected for using a slow revenge killer, hopefully I get lucky with the HP Electric, otherwise Gyarados will still eat me alive

Also is it just me or havent i seen you around lately 0.o ?

Kinda lost interest in Pokemon for a while, with a new job and all, but now that it's all settled I'm getting back into Pokemon, so I should be around a lot more often now

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Mono-Dark Team -
    I noticed when I was training some of my pokemon on Pearl that quite a few of my favourites are Dark Type pokemon, so a mono type team would be fun to use. However since this is WiFi, no Platinum moves and easy on the HP.

Spiritomb@Leftovers
    Pressure
    Careful Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 140 Atk, 116 Sp Def
    - Sucker Punch / Taunt
    - Pursuit / Taunt
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp

I love this thing as a lead, If they attack, Sucker Punch does them in, if they flee, Pursuit hits for extra damage, if they stat up, Will o Wisp cuts their attacking power. However Taunt may prove to be useful vs those suicidal leads.

ehh, k

Absol@Life Orb/Leftovers
    Super Luck
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Def
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash
    - X Scissor
    - Swords Dance

One of my favourite pokemon here, Who doesn't like base 130 Attack backed by Swords Dance, of course poor defences and speed are a concern. Using Night Slash due to it's high crit ratio, but may change to Sucker Punch if I need priority on my side.

Absol should be in OU Cool.

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
    Sandstream
    Hasty / Naive Nature
    EVs: 72 Atk, 184 SpA, 252 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Crunch / Stone Edge
    - Thunderbolt / Fire Blast

This thing is one bad ass pokemon, there is pretty much nothing he can't do. Here he serves as my main revenge killer. Thunderbolt is currently what I'm using due to Gyarados, but with Heracross likely posing a huge problem to this team, I might opt for Fire Blast

Interesting.

Houndoom@Life Orb
    Flash Fire
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 40 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 216 Spd
    -Flamethrower
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hidden Power Fighting
    -Nasty Plot

This Houndoom has been through the wars, he helped me dominate the Battle Frontier on Emerald, then the Battle Tower on Pearl, and he has even destroyed a number of foes on WiFi. Fire Blast vs Flamethrower just because sometimes I hate when I miss with Fire Blast, but then there are times where I just needed that extra power.

HP Fighting Houndoom, nice. Flamethrower and Life Orb pl0x.

Drapion@Leftovers
    Battle Armor
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Crunch
    - Knock Off / Whirlwind

Utility and walling Drapion, Toxic Spikes happens to be the only entry hazard I have on this team. Knock Off is just a fun move to use, but Whirlwind can also rack up more poison on the foe.

Other than PHazing and TSpikes, this does nothing for you but allow sweepers to come in and set up on it. This needs to go, sorry.

Umbreon@Leftovers / Chople Berry
    Synchronize
    Careful Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 92 SpD, 164 Spe
    - Mean Look
    - Baton Pass
    - Wish
    - Yawn / Protect / Toxic

Since I noticed that not one of my team has recovery (bar Spiritomb) I thought a Wishpasser would be necessary, but I'm unsure on Umbreon, so this may be up to replacement with another Wishpasser, just don't know which one.

Wishpassing to Absol and Houndoom is moot because they're frail. Drapion's going for something that can heal, and Spiritomb can heal itself. Sorry, but Wishpassing isn't something I like personally, so I'm going to tell you to ditch this, soz. =\

---

Now why I didn't really consider the main threats when building this team, I did take into account Dark types weaknesses and strengths, Spiritomb handles any fighting move like a champ providing I can keep it alive. And Tyranitar can usually take out the Bug types that pose a problem.

You do know that you can use one Pokémon outside of your type in monotype, right?

Regardless,
    Heracross, Scizor (even D/P Scizor) and Lucario love this team. There are few things your team can do to deal with them, so what to do but throw my favorite Pokémon of all to counter them.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Sand Veil
    Impish
    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Attack
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roost
    -Fire Fang
    -Taunt

>> Drapion please. TSpikes may be good, but Scizor and Lucario completely lul at them and Heracross sees them as Guts fodder. Stealth Rock might not do much, especially to Lucario, but it's good team support. Gliscor can heal itself easily as well, and can really harass these three threats with Fire Fang.

Also, no Weavile makes me a sad man.

Weavile @ Choice Band
    Jolly
    EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    -Pursuit
    -Ice Shard / Ice Punch
    -Brick Break
    -Aerial Ace

>> Umbreon, to also deal with the bugs / fighters that just lul at this team otherwise.

Good team otherwise.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • May I just ask, what merit does Taunt have on that Gliscor set, wouldn't a STAB Earthquake work better against Lucario, not to mention stops Heatran switching in ever so freely on Fire Fang?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    May I just ask, what merit does Taunt have on that Gliscor set, wouldn't a STAB Earthquake work better against Lucario, not to mention stops Heatran switching in ever so freely on Fire Fang?

Yeah put EQ >> taunt.

A gliscor without eq is rofl =/.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Sorry, was taking status and setup into consideration with Taunt (since Foretress can set up on it easy).

Because Forry can pose a problem, Fire Fang pl0x. Anything Heracross can throw at Gliscor, it can Roost off. (If you're that worried about Heracross, drop 28 of the Defense EV's and put them in Speed so max Speed Jolly CBHera doesn't outpace you, and you can outstall lolStoneEdge).

Leftovers on Cac or it becomes rofl.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • How exactly does Forretress pose a problem? I mean yeah it gets Bug Bite in Platinum, but if you bothered to read the title, its a D/P team.

Forretress weak with Houndoom is also lol

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Forry vs. Gliscor specifically, I mean.

Besides, it covers all the threats it really has to worry about, and Hearcross does paltry damage to it. So I'm just saying that, because Foretress can set up on you, use Fire Fang.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • The only move Forretress has that would limit me really would be Stealth Rock, taking 25% of my Revenge Killer, who by the way doesn't have to come in when someone dies, so if Forretress does appear when I have Gliscor out, I can at least scare the iron clad bug away with my Houndoom, hardly any have Stealth Rock/Earthquake anymore.

I'll try out the Fire Fang business, but I am also worried about things like Machamp, which is why I might go Aerial Ace. I just don't really like limiting myself just because of one (or two if you count Scizor) bothersome pokemon.

Back