• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P Special Edition DS

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I've seen news of this, but I'm curious what's the news on a US release, and if it will be in retail stores.

Here's a link to a site about it:

Sweetness

Anyone have any comments or news about it?

I may be 19 years old and in college... but dagnammit, I want one!

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    It was to my understanding that this DS was sold just to commemorate the release in Japan. They get all the cool stuff. XD So I don't think it would come here.

But if something was said about it, then don't mind me. x_x

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    It was to my understanding that this DS was sold just to commemorate the release in Japan. They get all the cool stuff. XD So I don't think it would come here.

But if something was said about it, then don't mind me. x_x

No, no, I've heard the same thing! But Nintendo would be stupid not to release it here... I mean, it's just an Onyx DS with glitter paint. And they'd make more of a fortune than they already have, I think.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    *is also 19*

I might just go get that DS too, if something happens to my old DSlite.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    *is 20*
    Come on, Pokemon came out 10 years ago, and was popular among children. I was ten at the time, and Ichida was 9.

After my DS was broken by a kitty, I had to buy a new one. I was looking for one of these, and came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be released outside the land of the rising sun. But I hope that'll change someday. ^_^

Although I already bought a regular DS Lite....

Kamui

´
    Years
    *15*,
    However I like the normal Sky Blue one.
    I am going to get the Sky Blue coloured. But this one is not bad for colloction :)

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    I've seen them all over ebay, but that's about it. Personally, my next DS Lite will be the new red one which SUPPOSEDLY is a metallic red.

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Im pretty sure its going to come out here in the states they released the pikachu gbc and i think that they had a pokemon gbasp right?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i dunno... i think they're ugly o.O

the engraving is probably a cheap attachment that'll probably fall off in a few months. i'm perfectly happy with my Onyx ds ^.^

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    Well, I still think it looks quite cool. Unfortunately for me, my DS is one of the originals, complete with the ugly silver color. Why do they always decide to upgrade the system a year or two after they've been out?

Years
    Well, I still think it looks quite cool. Unfortunately for me, my DS is one of the originals, complete with the ugly silver color. Why do they always decide to upgrade the system a year or two after they've been out?
    Yeah
    i hate it when that happens

like wa happened when i got my X box

Me watchign TV one day after one week of X Box

COMERCIAL:
    X BOX 360 is out!

Me: nooooooo

Orignial ONYX DS LITE FTW!~

Years
    Hi there,

They were selling these at pokemon.com/pokemoncenter.com but it was a bundle pack. Came with... Diamond and Pearl both games, the system, the game guide (vol 1), and pins of each of the starters. I think that's it? I'm certain it was there cause I almost bought it! But it was $330 I'm pretty sure, I did the math -- $34.99 x 2 + $16.99 + probably not much for the pins. So that's like almost $250 just for the system! My boyfriend said a big fat N-O!!!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yeah, they're out in America now, on PokemonCenter.com. They're dang expensive, what with all that stuff that comes with it...but if you're feeling lucky, the latest "Nintendo Power" issue (with Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles on the front) has a contest where you can win it and some other stuff...

Well, elevation24, if you're right about the system itself being only $250, it's nothing compared to the Crystal Edition DS Lite that I want, which is over $500 for just the system and one game...

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    Yeah
    i hate it when that happens

like wa happened when i got my X box

Me watchign TV one day after one week of X Box

COMERCIAL:
    X BOX 360 is out!

Me: nooooooo

In fairness, they had advertised the release date for the 360 a year in advance. I didn't get one because I never buy a new product in the first 6 months (which turned out right since the first run 360 were all garbage), but I did buy one in August! I can finally play it again now that I got all 493 Pokemon! I haven't touched the 360 since Pokemon came out! I'm already on to Etrian Odyssee and Final Fantasy III, but I'll be able to put them down a lot easier than Pokemon.

Back