• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I hate writing by hand. I'm left handed. Graphite gets ALL OVER my hand. :(

Toujours you're left-handed as well! I feel like we're soul mates!

More lefties! I always get so excited when I find other left-handed people because I don't encounter too many of them haha.

Being left-handed, I'm more than used to the graphite all over my hand whenever I write with pencil, which is why I try to avoid writing with pencil whenever I can. D: It's even worse if I'm wearing a band-aid somewhere on my left hand, then the graphite gets on that and it turns black. So gross, haha.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    clearly righties are superior

I'm training my left hand though cause I'd love to be ambidextrous

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Mine's all loopy and girlie looking, but at the same time, it's like "wow how does such girlie handwriting look so bad?". I think it's because the way I write my letters is inconsistent. Also, sometimes I don't lift the pen from the paper between letters, so it's like cursive... but not cursive.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    My handwriting is pretty good actually, but it gets worse the longer I have to write, so at the start of a test it's all neat and compact and at the end it's all over the place lmao.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I still can't do cursive well... I hate writing my signature because it feels so strange and it never comes out looking the same way twice. Of course, my handwriting in general is pretty bad but oddly improves quite a bit when I'm printing in all block capital letters.

Years
    I was given the choice of whether to write with my left or right hand as a kid. The tests I took were inconclusive so I chose to be left handed because my brother was also left handed.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    I still can't do cursive well... I hate writing my signature because it feels so strange and it never comes out looking the same way twice. Of course, my handwriting in general is pretty bad but oddly improves quite a bit when I'm printing in all block capital letters.
    Aaaaaand this is the reason I'm screwed with adult life and money in general.

Yeah...I guess you could say I have handwriting. Omg it sucks
    My handwriting is pretty good actually, but it gets worse the longer I have to write, so at the start of a test it's all neat and compact and at the end it's all over the place lmao.
    this.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    My writing sucks.

My spanish teacher told me to try printing stuff instead. I'd print the first few letters of a word, but I would always go back to cursive and not even notice.

Anyway, this is the 4th freaking time that a possom has jumped into the garbage can. I'm getting tired of tipping the can and chasing it away, only to find it back in the next morning. I'm going to let it out one last time, and if it comes back then I'm just going to leave it in the can to die.

Edit - I've got graphite in my hand. Got stabbed with pencils a few times. Never cleaned the graphite out, so the skin just grew over it. The mark has faded over time, but it can still be seen if you are looking closely.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Пакости по-апщйхчюа

Okay yeah

The only time I've gotten graphite on my hand was when I drew something in math class. (I know, I shouldn't be drawing spheres in class)

My writing sucks.

My spanish teacher told me to try printing stuff instead. I'd print the first few letters of a word, but I would always go back to cursive and not even notice.

Anyway, this is the 4th freaking time that a possom has jumped into the garbage can. I'm getting tired of tipping the can and chasing it away, only to find it back in the next morning. I'm going to let it out one last time, and if it comes back then I'm just going to leave it in the can to die.
    You know what else you should do? Set up a noose and the next time that happens hang him on there. You're gonna kill him anyways so might as well make it interesting.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I'm not killing it. It's the one that keep choosing to jump into a garbage can, knowing that it has no way of getting out.

I'm just not saving it from its idiocy. I'll help the animal a few times, yes, but I'm not going to keep on saving it. At some point I'm just going to sit back and lets Darwin's theory go to work.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Watched one animal die this year, not interested in seeing another.

Last edited:
    Years
    Edit - I've got graphite in my hand. Got stabbed with pencils a few times. Never cleaned the graphite out, so the skin just grew over it. The mark has faded over time, but it can still be seen if you are looking closely.
    I once bashed my knee against a board of wood and got some tiny sliver of it stuck in there which I didn't know about until I bashed my knee again about a year latest and the piece of wood came out.

Years
    I have one as well, from one of these accursed things. After 6 or 7 years I still have no idea how exactly it happened. While the doctor said that it's harmless, it still hurts sometimes. Oh well, my grandfather had parts of a grenade in his leg from 1942 (which was actually a blessing, seeing as it happened near Stalingrad and meant he didn't have to go there thanks to being injured) until his death, so who am I to complain?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back