• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Final Fantasies are about the only good RPGs by Square Enix.

Mass Effect looks good, never seen it.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    ...And I just realized a rather major factual error I made. The Fallout franchise was never a BioWare product to begin with; Black Isle Studios (which collaborated with BioWare on Baldur's Gate) made Fallout.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Kingdom Hearts is good aswell. Dragon Quest 8 was OK. There are loads of good PC RPGs. But I never get to play them as I don't have enough time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Are you forgetting KingdomHearts, Wudge?

._. I loved Golden Sun, too~ It's my favourite game besides Pokemon~

We all mentioned Kingdom hearts earlier. Sorry.

Kingdom Hearts is awesome, but will never live up to Pokemon.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Concerning Kingdom Hearts, I'll just tell you what I've been telling the other fanpeople:

Needs more StarCraft. Needs more Half-Life. Needs more Halo. Needs more Resident Evil. Needs more Metal Gear Solid. Needs more Command & Conquer.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    The only good games from that list were Metal Gear Solid and Halo. Most others are boring. Never played Star Craft. So no opinion on that one. Only good Resident Evil is 4.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Concerning Kingdom Hearts, I'll just tell you what I've been telling the other fanpeople:

Needs more StarCraft. Needs more Half-Life. Needs more Halo. Needs more Resident Evil. Needs more Metal Gear Solid. Needs more Command & Conquer.

And I'll tell you what I always tell you:

Not everyone likes FPSs. If it had all that stuff, it'd just be a rip-off of those games. It's not, therefore it's different, therefore it's popular as an RPG.

Speaking of FPSs, I met Jeremy from PurePwnage on the weekend. FPS Doug, unfortunately, wasn't at the PurePwnage booth.
    I got Jeremy's autograph, and took pictures with him, and he was joking around and telling me about some silly story that someone thought he was a Jeremy cosplayer.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    @razer302: The games in the Command & Conquer franchises all make for some damn good RTSs, but what really seals the deal are the cut scenes (the Generals series is an exception to this rule, but it's still good anyway).

As for the Half-Life series, well... Two words: Gravity Gun. Also, the fact that the games are relatively easy to mod.

@Kura: For your information, only two of those games qualify as first-person shooters, and they are not StarCraft, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, or Command & Conquer. Guess.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Haven't played Half Life on PC. Only play Call of Duty and Unreal Tournament 2004. But i don't get time for those anymore.

Metal Gear is a strategic shooter. I think.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    @razer302: The games in the Command & Conquer franchises all make for some damn good RTSs, but what really seals the deal are the cut scenes (the Generals series is an exception to this rule, but it's still good anyway).

As for the Half-Life series, well... Two words: Gravity Gun. Also, the fact that the games are relatively easy to mod.

@Kura: For your information, only two of those games qualify as first-person shooters, and they are not StarCraft, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, or Command & Conquer. Guess.

Regardless, those games all have similar moods and concepts in some way or another. Either way, you have to destroy things/ people in all of those games.
    If you think all games should be like that, then we wouldn't have classics like Tetris. What's a world without Tetris?!

Daily Chit-Chat

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    The ones in Tiberium Wars sucked. They could've done much better.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015

All those games are good, especially C&C and MGS but Kingdom hearts is good the way it is. Regardless of the violence in those games.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The ones in Tiberium Wars sucked. They could've done much better.
    Billy Dee Williams, Michael Ironside, Grace Park, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Holloway, and Tricia Helfer. What went wrong? The fact that Joe Kucan wasn't directing the cinematics.

Nothing can top Michael Biehn and James Earl Jones in Tiberian Sun, though Kari Wuhrer and Udo Kier in Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge come in a close second.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    .O.! Thank you, Wudge! I agree entirely!!

;_; I love Disney <3~ I hope I get to work with them one day <3~

Awww thank you, Kura.

I like Disney too but some things to do with Disney aren't that good too.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    As Erica pointed out to me a while back, if StarCraft, Half-Life, Halo, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, and Command & Conquer were to be included into Kingdom Hearts, all of those franchises would find themselves awash in slash fangirls. No fan wants to see SC, HL, Halo, RE, MGS, or C&C slash.

Erica / Lightning says:
    trust me
    Erica / Lightning says:
    you do NOT want it in KH
    Erica / Lightning says:
    because you will inevitably get the slash fangirls
    Erica / Lightning says:
    and oh god they suck

Disney paid Square Enix to produce the game. Disney is the greatest plague to ever manifest itself on Earth. They secretly indoctrinate young children, taking over their minds for their plan to conquer the world. After all, who would shoot kids?

Kingdom Hearts is but another step in their plot.

It will happen.
    I actually agree with Simon on this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Billy Dee Williams, Michael Ironside, Grace Park, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Holloway, and Tricia Helfer. What went wrong? The fact that Joe Kucan wasn't directing the cinematics.

Nothing can top Michael Biehn and James Earl Jones in Tiberian Sun, though Kari Wuhrer and Udo Kier in Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge come in a close second.
    Yeah, they had a fine cast of actors, but it just came out so bad.

;_; I love Disney <3~ I hope I get to work with them one day <3~
    I said something about Disney a day or so ago...

EDIT: And Jack just quoted it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back