• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I actually went on a small Avatar watching spree last December when I visited a friend's house (both she and her mother are Avatar fans, so they have like...a whole bunch of episodes recorded), and...I really don't see what the problem with that show is. o.O Compared to some series nowadays, it's actually of a fair decent quality...and I can stand it, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of other shows. XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    you can teach yourself to be ambidextrous? i thought they were born that way

Its very rare to be born ambidextrous. And yes, you can teach yourself to be; but its hard. Most ambidextrous people are people who were originally left handed but during school where right handed habits are emphasized they taught theurselves to be ambidextrous. Yeah.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I remember watching Avatar. ^.^ Sadly, I rely on Youtube to watch the episodes for I am way too lazy to wait until it comes on.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Its a very rubbish show from what I've seen.

And my mates agree.

And the graphics on the video game.....

Have you heard Sokka talk? Everything Sokka says makes the show for me. Gave it a chance, it's a good show.
    And no one's talking about the game >>'

I watched Avatar once. For five minutes. Then I was like, "Who watches this crap?" and stopped.

Me and Cowrie's friend d<

And what OTHER show can you say was drawn in *koff* KOREA? And voiced by *koff* NICKELODEON and is still loved by too many people to count?
    I don't see how anyone can say they hate it but that's just me :D

Years
    Have you heard Sokka talk? Everything Sokka says makes the show for me. Gave it a chance, it's a good show.
    And no one's talking about the game >>'

Me and Cowrie's friend d<

And what OTHER show can you say was drawn in *koff* KOREA? And voiced by *koff* NICKELODEON and is still loved by too many people to count?
    I don't see how anyone can say they hate it but that's just me :D

It's just so... boring. I'm just curious how people can manage to watch for more than 10 minutes without getting bored out of their minds...

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I watch it. It's actually pretty interesting. My mom even watches it when she has a chance to.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Okay so, I just saw a commercial for The Golden Compass again, and I reaaaaally want to see it. *___* (I know Cowrie at least wants to as well.. XD)

I saw the commercials. I REALLY want to see it also.

Years
    Okay so, I just saw a commercial for The Golden Compass again, and I reaaaaally want to see it. *___* (I know Cowrie at least wants to as well.. XD)

Anybody else read His Dark Materials? Thoughts on it?

I find it really depressing that I have NO CLUE what you're talking about, at least I don't think...

Years
    They do contain anti-Christian, or at least anti-religious, sentiments, though I'm not sure to what extent - I've been able to read only the first book so far. o.O And the first book is tame in that regard compared to the others. It sucks having the good bookstores be at least 45 minutes away from here, and I've been trying to watch how much money I spend online (otherwise I would've ordered the other books from Amazon already).

Meh, I just hope I don't go into critical nitpick mode whenever I go see the movie. XD;; I thought the book was awesome, so...

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
    Years
    I absolutely love His Dark Materials~
    The Amber Spyglass was my favorite book, but I read it so long ago, I barely remember why :P
    Daemons were always such a cool concept; everyone tells me mine would be a sheep or a kangaroo.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Great! I'm not the only one who's so excited for Heroes :]

How is the strike affecting it? I truly don't know anything about the recent situation D:

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ugggggh.

But srsly, Heroes is just about the greatest TV series right now. It's the only reason I watch TV usually, besides gossipgirl.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Heroes is overrated beyond all imagining. Leave the cheerleader to die, save the world from pointless melodrama and that annoying japonés who loves to scream "Yatta!" whenever he gets the chance.

Just leave me to House, 24, Death Note, and Blood+. Hugh Laurie has more personality in his left pinky than the entire cast of Heroes has in their entire beings.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    When is Jack O'Neill not negative? XD
    Meh. It's not a big deal really. He's got his own tastes too ya know.
    I like House. I dont watch it much but I do sit down and watch it occasionally because it's a pretty damn good show. I dont know about 24 or Heroes since I dont watch them. I personally never found them interesting so I never bothered to watch them before. XD
    TV never really mattered to me to be honest. I'd rather surf the internet anyway. XD

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    When he's talking and bragging about weapons!!

Well, I just clicked his LJ, and wow that was a sexy cute Haruhi face that greeted me. I couldn't say this on his LJ cuz he set it to friends only. -.- /too bored to add

Years

Anybody else read His Dark Materials? Thoughts on it?

I read them in 9th grade. I know that's ages ago, but I loved them then. I should buy the other two. Or buy a box set. Or buy the big book.

I love how I have so many options now. Yay for movies? ♥

Sadly, I only own the last one, so I can't exactly re-read that... I'd be like "wait what the hell happened before??"

By the way, I'm not much of a movie person, but I'd so go see The Golden Compass on release day. :D Actually, there's quite a few movies out right now I'd go see. Sadly, I haven't the money, nor do I know where the movie theaters are. And I'd have to find a ride. D8

I don't know the finer details, all I know is that instead of the full 24 episode season we were SUPPOSED to get, there are only two episodes left (tonight and next monday). -____- And it sucks. Big time.

Wow... hopefully they won't end in cliffhanger. The only thing worse than not getting a full season is not getting a full season AND stopping at a cliffhanger.

These days, I forget to watch my favorite TV shows. I'd watch House if I would remember it's on. And probably Death Note as well, just to see if I like it. I thought the manga was pretty good, so I don't think the anime would be too bad. Chances are I'd watch it and enjoy myself.

I ended up watching Adult Swim on Saturday and I liked watching the anime they had, even if I didn't get them. XD I might have to remember to steal the TV for that. Hm.

I'd watch Heroes, but I want to see it from the beginning. >: What I've seen of it, I didn't have issues with, so I'd probably be interested.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm sorry, but one of my favorite characters just died.

I need to go mourn and rip out my hair.

Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

I still can't believe it.

Oh.

I just hate everything now.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    When he's talking and bragging about weapons!!

Well, I just clicked his LJ, and wow that was a sexy cute Haruhi face that greeted me. I couldn't say this on his LJ cuz he set it to friends only. -.- /too bored to add
    So, poking around through my LJ, have you? You've probably read my weekly column, "Eat Lead and Die, Chiropteran Scum." That's probably all you read, from the looks of it. Did you even bother with the other entries?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back