• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Fake Card Discussion

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
  • Ah, I might aswell make this. Discuss not only Faking ideas you want to share, but discuss the findings of Fake Cards you got in packs and such. Make announcements about upcoming cards your making and such.

I took the tips for the Faking tips thread and added then here.

I have taken it into consideration that making fake cards is fun, but I need a break for a while, I will get back into it eventually, I just need some chill time. Don't worry, i'll still be around as mod giving my faking tips and suggesting new ways to make cards.

Discuss!

From the Faking Tips Thread
    1 - Use the correct fonts and font sizes.

The fonts are available in a zip attached to this post and on pokemonzeo.com Tutorials including font sizes are also there.

2 - Always be original

Don't make all your attacks carbon-copies of real-life cards' attacks. Be original, be unique. If you're attacks are too strong or too weak, others can post possible ways to fix this or you can leave it overpowered.

3 - Not all cards have to be serious.
    Along the lines of the creativity aspect I mentioned before, not all cards have to be serious. You can make cards like "OMG WTF PWN MEWTWO" and "Thanksgiving Ho-Oh" with crazy, super-overpowered, or just plain silly effects. Even the official tcg did this (ever hear of Imakuni?'s Doduo?).

4 - Never use "place."
    The tcg never uses the word "place." It always uses "put." Don't ask why, that's how it is.

5 - Use spellcheck.
    If you're not sure on how to spell a word, put it in spellcheck or use a dictionary.

When grading cards
    1 - Point out any and all errors you see.
    Help a fellow faker out, disclose the location of any error you see on their card.

2 - Give reasons for your ratings
    Tell why you like or dislike something. Don't make posts like "cool" or "that sucks," explain why it's cool or sucks (well don't explain why it sucks, explain why you don't like it).

3 - A simple thank you goes a long way
    Don't ignore people rating your cards. Thank them or acknowledge (and possibly correct) any mistakes they point out. If you ignore them, they're likely to start ignoring you.

Other questions and things
    Q. Where do I get blanks and symbols?
    Fangking is a renowned blank/symbol maker. He wrote the book on Hidden Legends and beyond faking (well it was just a tutorial XD). You can find his blanks and symbols here.

Q. I can't draw, where can I find pics of Pok�mon?
    You can use handy-dandy Google and run an image search, or you can use the work of our good friend, Ken Sugimori, which can be found on the official Japanese Pok�mon site's Pok�dex (click on the greenish button with a picture of a Pok�dex).

I had to do this so I wouldn't have 7-8 sitckies :dead:

All fonts and stuff can be found on PPN

EDIT: You can now ask any questions or concerns you have with Fake Carding, but do not post your cards here. This will be a combo of a DCC Thread and a Help Thread.

Last edited:

Samuri Scearious

Alone in the World.
    Years
  • lol, I had a feeling you, the master of fakes (ever since fangking's retirement) would create a topic like this. Yeah... faking is really fun.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Master? Ahh well that guy retired too and this guy also did. And I did. So yeah. Hes the master even though i never got better than him and you I never even got better than the other guy and that other dude. Oh well. I stopped faking suddenly.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    I still fake, but not English fakes... I do for my friends, in portuguese~

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Auel said:
    Master? Ahh well that guy retired too and this guy also did. And I did. So yeah. Hes the master even though i never got better than him and you I never even got better than the other guy and that other dude. Oh well. I stopped faking suddenly.

Ummmm...what? I'm only retired from sets. I still fake, but i'm on a break till the summer when I have more time. Plus, please clerify who you meant in your post, it's sort of confusing >.>

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Nope, it wasn't. It was just to talk about Daily chit-chat going on in the Fake Card world.

To clerify: I am King Shuckle, i'm retired form sets and i'm on a break till summer
    ~Fangking Omega, the original master, has retired.
    ~CMP a.k.a. ILoveKendal is a great friend of mine, who me and him took the place of Fang as like, his sucessful students in a way. But he will always be, the ultimate faker.
    ~Other Fakers include Ivar, Samuri Scearious, AshPokemonMaster, just to name a few.

Please leave "I'm the best" out of this because we are all great fakers with our own unique abilities. We may not be perfect, but we are Card Fakers, and we love what we do. So Discuss away!

I'm not saying me and CMP are the best, it's just that we have had more experience with Photoshop and Faking than others. Thats why I help people become sucessful. I use to be like the newcomers at one time. I had made a really bad Whiscash card, but as soon as I got the hang of Fang's tutorial, I was able to accomplish a great-looking card. I can see sucess out of all of you, you just have to apply yourself and you will be a sucessful Card Faker.

0523.gif

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    The faking commnity is getting quite big.
    I like to see everyone's capabilities with my own eyes.
    People are improving day by day, quite frankly I always like to see big factors of improvement. I've been faking for a pretty darn long time but to narrow it out i stopped for a longperiod of time in between.
    From those times I got friends, and lots of them, and enemies, but not many. And I wouldnt like to refer to them as enemies. I'd rather say.. people i do not get along with.
    And..
    We all started somewhere, Fakes only suck when they are purposely made to be sucking. The rest merely compiles us to the next generation fakers that have just started at some point. The only faker i ever communicated with was Kairyu.
    And probably Fangking. I got help from those 2 to become an experienced faker.. too bad i cant thank them. Kairyu barely bothers about me anymor, and Fangking well I cant get contact with him.
    I hope faking gets passed on generation to generation until Nintendo realises how pathetic they are and that some kids from some islands can exceed their precision and skill.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Fangking isnt hard to contact these days... catch him on msn at [email protected] or (rarely these days) AIM at Fangking Omega, or just PM him. He'll gladly do thee as much as he can.

Its great coming around and seeing how people have grown. The old faking haven of Zeo's dried up a lot, but here it's quite active. I daresay King Shuckle has lent a hand in this growth because when i first came here nothing was going on here in the faking section. Zeo's suffering from lack of fakers who want to learn and be good. Abundance of that here :D

It's proof that you don't have to be "elite" to be respected.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Sorry Fang, but I had to rename your tutorial. People got confused and couldn't find it. I renamed it "Complete Fake Card Tutorial" for easy access.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Not a need for apologies there then is there? :P

Cheers anyhow, that should make life easier for those in need.

CMP

Yes!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Just FYI - EX:Vision will be undergoing Round 2.

Been awhile, Fangy.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • sets are so hard arent they, they take more patience than you could ever imagine! CMP, you're a braver man than I.... Probably the greatest and most ambitious set idea ever, i'd love you to continue with it anyways :D

I have to say, the Pok?Community is where faking's at right now, Zeo's practically dead on faking now. Congrats King Shuckle, I still believe that's down to thee.

Back