• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/56398506

base stats released or leaked, not sure, but basically everything is horribly broken by dpp standards.

rip competitive pokemon 1998-2010

key words are "by dpp standards," and seriously if everything is broken like you say they are (seriously wtf lol, do we even know the movepools yet) then they will have a good shot at keeping each other in check. as the villain from the Incredibles said (dont remember the name), once everyone is special, no one will be. The same concept applies here. And come on, you know how accurate DP hype was, or should I say, how much of a joke it was. FREE RHYPERIOR...wait a minute...

At any rate, I'm looking forward to a completely new metagame. i also wonder how old pokemon will be affected. I'm hoping that Starmie stays as a lifelong OUer! Snorlax too! And of course, looking forward to how the tiering shapes up, hopefully the numerous and sometimes very glaring flaws of the 4th generation process are gone, and let's hope our activity returns (as i believe it will)!

PS-you guys can remove me from the tutor list temporarily ill be busy for a good few weeks.

edit: the art does suck though =/

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/56398506

base stats released or leaked, not sure, but basically everything is horribly broken by dpp standards.

rip competitive pokemon 1998-2010

Actually, I was "debating" this in the shoddy server this afternoon. Very few Pokemon got an actually decent speed. In fact, what looks like happened was they sat down to figure up the base stats with this as a mindset: "Okay guys, let's give almost everything no speed, one outrageously high stat, and make all the other stats mediocre."

I also think that there is a possibility Mence and Chomp have a chance of coming out of Ubers seeing how we have these:

Ononokusu | Dragon | Rivalry or Mold Breaker | 76 147 90 60 70 97
    Sazando | Ice/Dragon | Levitate | 92 105 90 125 90 98

However, I think smogon will be retarded, leave Mence and Chomp in Ubers, let these to rage through OU for a couple of months then, ban them to Ubers as well.

That being said, I think the format will be well balanced between Aggro and Stall play styles. Stall really has a lot going for it this in this format, epically considering Stealth Rock hits a load of the new pokes for at least 25%.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this upcoming metagame.

Edit: Victini is going to be a beast.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    we were talking about in irc all day today and we came to the conclusion that we would like to see smogon not ban as much as they did in dpp. keep it like it was in adv, the "big" legendaries go, but everything else stays.

also apparently you cant trade pokemon from DPP -> BW holding items, well you can but the item wont transfer, so im REALLY hoping that they got rid of the choice scarf as an item. speed tiers will be normal again.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    we were talking about in irc all day today and we came to the conclusion that we would like to see smogon not ban as much as they did in dpp. keep it like it was in adv, the "big" legendaries go, but everything else stays.

also apparently you cant trade pokemon from DPP -> BW holding items, well you can but the item wont transfer, so im REALLY hoping that they got rid of the choice scarf as an item. speed tiers will be normal again.

Nah, all the old items will be in there.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    You know that thing with Earthquake Spiral (+ATT after KO)?

HP: 95
    Atk: 117
    Def: 70
    SpA: 65
    SpD: 70
    Spe: 92

dude what that thing is tank. It's decently fast, so with Choice Scarf...

._.

Deukaan sounds funnily like Rotom2.0...

And 140att/110spe that "weak kneed" better be something bad.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Someone said that "Weak Kneed" (kneed is an akward looking word) halves their attack and special attack (i may be misquoting) if they are above 50%, but it may be if they are below. im not too sure but i know it halves offensive stats given an appropriate condition.

edit:
    [QUOTE]Following on from the Gym Leader leaks, we now have an image from the manual that lists the HMs within the games. In this game, the HMs are; Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Waterfall and Dive. More leaks like this are expected throughout the day so keep checking back.[/QUOTE]

man, 3 water HMs :( at least there is nothing useless like rock smash or defog i guess. i just hate using water-types as hm slaves, i feel so mean ;__;

also, @ blaQk:

The official Japanese site has just updated with a portion of the information and screenshots from CoroCoro. This information does not encompass all of the information and Pokémon revealed in the magazine but did include several of the images in better quality. As such, I have updated the pre-release picture page with these images.
    It also revealed some further constraints of the Transfer Machine. The Pokémon transferred cannot know HM moves and they cannot have items held and of course, the Pokémon cannot be transferred back. Click the picture to go to the page

so it is possible we will get entirely new items.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    So apparently there's anti-piracy at work with the ROM's, people be reporting that no exp be gained.

In other words, what's your team for Pokémon Extreme Edition?

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Oh, and Afrobull has 110 att according to selorbi.

EDIT: Dream World abilities released/ripped!
    https://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml

(vulpix/ninetails @ drought, politoed @ drizzle, zam @ magic guard.... aaaaa)

EDIT EDIT: SUICUNE GETS F'ING WATER ABSORB (oh, and qwil gets intimidate)

LAST EDIT FOR NOW: User Thoughts: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5813807&postcount=2 WRONG, FOO :]

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    The Drought/Drizzle Pokemon, Speed Boost Blaziken/Sharpedo, Swift Swim Armaldo, and Poison Heal Gliscor will be interesting haha. Flareon might actually make it top UU now that it has 110 Speed and Guts, it just needs a good STAB move now (which I doubt they would give it that after the stat changes anyway). These new abilities make me even more interested to play the BW metagame.

Good to see a lot of the new Pokemon don't have awful stats.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Umm that is sp.def not speed, lurk moar lol

EDIT :

Qwilfish gets intimidate.\o/

edit2:

Imagine speed boost SD Blaziken. x_x lol

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Now we'll have tests to ban Pokemon like Politoed and Ninetales. onoes

Breloom with Technician. Now it has a more powerful Mach Punch. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Armaldo with Swift Swim aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Roserade with Technician means a never missing Base 90 Power Magical Leaf!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    So apparently there's anti-piracy at work with the ROM's, people be reporting that no exp be gained.

In other words, what's your team for Pokémon Extreme Edition?

Oh, and Afrobull has 110 att according to selorbi.

EDIT: Dream World abilities released/ripped!
    https://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml

(vulpix/ninetails @ drought, politoed @ drizzle, zam @ magic guard.... aaaaa)

EDIT EDIT: SUICUNE GETS F'ING WATER ABSORB (oh, and qwil gets intimidate)

LAST EDIT FOR NOW: User Thoughts: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5813807&postcount=2 WRONG, FOO :]

It still has to be editted to shell armor :]

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    GUYS
    GUYS
    GUYS

I was just looking at the TM list and there's a new TM in Stealth Rock's place. Does this mean it won't be plaguing the metagame anymore? The only way you can have a Pokemon with it is if you transfer it from Gen IV it seems.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Yum, Guts Flareon, Flash Fire Typhlosion, Lighting Rod Seaking, Volt Absorb Raikou, Flash Fire Entei, Chlorophyll Leafeon, and Ice Body Glaceon.

Also, I don't see stat changes. :s

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    GUYS
    GUYS
    GUYS

I was just looking at the TM list and there's a new TM in Stealth Rock's place. Does this mean it won't be plaguing the metagame anymore? The only way you can have a Pokemon with it is if you transfer it from Gen IV it seems.
    Hopefully, but to be honest I doubt it. :( We still have quite a lot of Pokemon that learn it, even if not much gen5 Pokemon are given it. Though, they could remove SR from gen4 movesets when migrating the Pokemon.

Also, I don't see stat changes. :s
    Serebii edited them back, it was a few errors he made when inputting the stats.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    i've heard that Stealth Rock is not going to be used in Black and White, which means that all Dream world pokemon won't have Stealth Rock...
    You can still trade pokemon with SR from other games, but they won't get the Dream world abilities (Smogon's going to be having a hard time fixing this on shoddy)

personally I don't like the Dream world abilities, but it seems that I am not the creator of Pokemon...

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Amongst others, Icicle Spear got a power boost from 10 to 25, we've got a electric-type gyro ball that works the opposite way around, and focus blast is still the same :/ meh, still going to use this pic.

This is pretty cool as well:
    Effect of new moves:
    Dream World abilities (partly) translated:
    Effect of new dream world abilities (partly) translated:

EDIT: Complete (I think) list of move changes etc:
    Jump Kick: 100 Power (from 85), 10 PP (from 25)
    Tackle: 50 Power (from 35), 100 Accuracy (from 95)
    Wrap: 90 Accuracy (from 85)
    Thrash: 120 Power (from 90), 10 PP (from 20)
    Disable: 100 Accuracy (from 80)
    Growth: Raises Sp.Atk and Atk one level.
    Petal Dance: 120 Power (from 90), 10 PP (from 20)
    Thunder Wave: Now hits Ground type foes.
    Toxic: 90 Accuracy (from 85)
    Hi Jump Kick: 130 Power (from 100), 10 PP (from 20)
    Glare: 90 Accuracy (from 75)
    Crabhammer: 90 Accuracy (from 85)
    Scary Face: 100 Accuracy (from 90)
    Outrage: 10 PP (from 15)
    Giga Drain: 75 Power (from 60)
    Fury Cutter: 20 Power (from 10)
    Future Sight: 100 Power (from 80), 100 Accuracy (from 90), 10 PP (from 15)
    Whirlpool: 35 Power (from 15), 85 Accuracy (from 70)
    Uproar: 90 Power (from 50)
    Sand Tomb: 35 Power (from 15), 85 Accuracy (from 70)
    Bullet Seed: 25 Power (from 10)
    Icicle Spear: 25 Power (from 10)
    Covet: 60 Power (from 40)
    Rock Blast: 90 Accuracy (from 80)
    Doom Desire: 140 Power (from 120), 100 Accuracy (from 85)
    Last Resort: 140 Power (from 130)
    Drain Punch: 75 Power (from 60), 10 PP (from 5)
    Magma Storm: 75 Accuracy (from 70)
    Hypnosis: unchanged

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back