• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Ugh, I was in rant mode when I posted that. Yeah, my Kyogre comments were total BS, as were my OU comments.

Anyways, banlist won't effect me for the most part, I'll play Ubers regardless.

Oh, and random fact entirely unrelated to anything: Max HP Max Def Deoxys against Max Atk Cloyster after one Shell Break just barely survives an Icicle Spear. Groudon always dies. Skarmory gets raped. Blissey always dies.

I think I've found my late-game sweeper of choice.

Oh, and didn't realize I bypassed the censor. Probably a typo.

Ho-Oh's Regeneration is irrelevant until it's actually released with it.

Oh, and that mole gets RS? Finally, something to replace Forry.

Last edited:

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    For the record, Doryuuzu, the mole thing, is a really shi- er, I mean a really bad spinner.

I don't care about Ho-Oh, Reshiram is far more scary than it. Only thing that can resist Fire/Dragon is... Heatran. Except Turbo Blaze (read: Mold Breaker) negates Flash Fire. Base 130 power fire move STAB'd under sun that goes through immunities... Uber stall just got that much tougher. I mean, it was already pretty hard, but now it's beyond impossible.

*sigh* I guess I'm playing OU this gen.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Why would you use that as a spinner?

Its better as a sweeper (if you have sandstorm up) switch it in on a poke that you can force a switch, predict said switch then use Swords Dance.
    Generally from the vids I've watched thusfar its gg after just 1 sd.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I reckon Gyarados will pwn now.

I mean, come on, Overconfidence! +1/+0 every KO! DD makes Gyara +1/+1, then +2/+1 from a pretty sure KO on our side nets some delicious damage.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I would probably rather have Intimidate on Gyarados, since I only use bulky versions (offensive gyara is p. bad imo) and Intimidate gives it more options to come in. I guess for LO 252/252 Gyara Overconfidence is good.

Side note, look at how cute my sigpic is. :D

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • @ Sacredmikey:
    Jolly LO +2 Sand Power mole (the thingy that doubles ground/steel/rock etc moves in ss) EQ vs 252/252 bold Desukaan (the mummy ghost): (112.81% - 133.13%)
    Adamant +2 LO mole vs mummy ghost: (82.81% - 97.81%) (ohko w/ sr + ss damage, and mole WILL most likely be used w/ ss)

Rotom's are no longer ghosts so spinning vs them is less of an issue, and don't tell me that you plan to switch shandeera in vs this thing. Might as well do calcs vs noir so you can see for yourself just how much this thing wrecks:

(95.24% - 112.59%) <- adamant +2 lo eq vs max/max impish noir
    and in case you are not convinced by now:
    (129.93% - 153.06%)<- jolly +2 lo sand power eq vs the same noir

In other words, all ghosts are essentially ohko'd by this mon once it grabs a sd on a forced switch (and w/ a steel/ground typing, that's fairly easy to achieve should I think), how can you tell me that it can not spin well? it can just spin after the ghost is dead, no problem at all.

Oh, and it has 110 HP in case you've noticed, which combined with the fact that it resists damn near everything, makes it pretty bulky. Its base defenses are pretty much irrelevant.

Sorry for sounding harsh if I did, but really, this mon makes spinning quite easy unless you revenge it AFTER it has killed your ghost (leaving you open for spins whenever), and if you do not switch a ghost into it then it will have no trouble in spinning before it gtfo's.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • 4hp/0def mole is ohko'd by Draco Meteor from Sanzada or whatever (dark/dragon). its defenses are really piss poor which is a big drawback :(

im not sure about it being broken, its really only broken in sand but i would much sooner have it be banned to ubers than tyranitar/hippowdon.

i have a feeling this new metagame is going ot be heavily reliant on weather pokemon though which is kinda uneventful in the long run but hopefully it wont be. on the bright side if it is, go go golduck ranger.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • @ gamer, in other words:
    Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

and I would never rely on the mole to take any hits lol, but for instance compared to lucario, it has better bulk and still has a good defensive typing, so I doubt that it will have any real issues w/ forcing switches and setting up

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    4hp/0def mole is ohko'd by Draco Meteor from Sanzada or whatever (dark/dragon). its defenses are really piss poor which is a big drawback :(

What ?

43.8% - 51.5%

:/

Specs only does 65.7% - 77.3%

So i really dont know where on earth you are getting those numbers from.

110 / 65 is bulky, bulkier than you are giving it credit for at least thats for sure, especially since this is min/min lol

To put this in perspective, Scizor takes min HP/s.def Scizor 70.9% - 83.7% from Specs D-Meteor.

Doryuuzu : WELCOME TO THE MAGICAL WORLD OF "I AM A STEEL TYPE RUN CALCS PROPERLY"

lol

Last edited:

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    DA, since when has 110/60/65 defenses been good, even more so with all the base 140+ attack things running around?

It also seems Ho-Oh will be tested in OU. The banlist is looking to be about 7 Pokémon, basically the thing that breaks Ubers (Kyogre) and all the things which would break Ubers with it gone (Groudon, Dialga, Arceus, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza). In addition, there is a push to add Giratina, Giratina-O, Ho-Oh, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Darkrai to that. I have no qualms with it now, especially since Reshiram, under sun, is almost as broken as Kyogre. Fire/Dragon STAB with base 150 SpA, Fire move being 130 BP, 20% chance to burn, because of Turbo Blaze it hits everything in the game with Dragon/Fire alone.
    Also, it's pretty bulky, 105/100/120. Darkrai I just don't like in general.

Also, Sleep Talk is no longer a TM. Just realized that.

And I know I'm definitely underestimating the mole.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i have Doryuzu on my team and i enjoy it as a pokemon, but competitively, i think it's pretty crazy.

the fact that it has 2 stat boosting abilities in SS is ridiculous. that ambiguity alone is no fun. sand throw AND sand strength? i hope simulators include B/W's on-activation ability notifications.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    No even worth it, due to general cluelessness.

Probably referring to me, and probably right.

In other news, 3DS details were announced. Front page on GBATemp atm.

Nintendo has just announced the launch details and final features of the 3DS at its conference in Japan.

The Nintendo 3DS will launch in Japan on February 26, 2011 at a price of 25,000 yen ($US300). This is the same price the Wii launched at in Japan so expect it to be around the same price as the Wii was on launch in your country (Ouch!). It will launch in the rest of the world in March.

The design of the console has been locked in and is more-or-less exactly the same as the version shown at E3 with the exception of a different coloured d-pad. The system will launch in 'Aqua Blue' (the blue-black design shown at E3) and 'Cosmos Black' (straight black). It is a pity that the popular red-black 3DS seems nowhere to be found.

The 3DS will have a virtual console feature that will allow Gameboy & Gameboy Advance games to be played on the system. The 3DS will also feature Miis. The system will come the software 'Mii Studio' which will allow you to create Miis. It will even let you take a photo of yourself and automatically create a Mii for you.

The system will have a more robust wifi system, allowing you to share data through tag mode when the system is asleep even when the same game is not being played. The example given was that Super Street Fighter 3DS will automatically download ghost data and other records from passing 3DSs. The more games you play that support tag mode, the more data you will download from passing people. No information has been given as to the state of the online support on the system or whether friend codes will make a return or not, but the system will feature a internet browser of its own.

According the a rough translation of the spec sheet, you will be able to transfer DSiware from your DSi console to the 3DS. This is fantastic news for all those people who already own a DSi and would like to keep their DSiware with them on the 3DS. The sheet mentions that you will only be able to move software a limited amount of times and some software is not capable of being moved (DSi browser etc one would suspect).

Seriously, lots of news in the past day has magically appeared there. We're getting a new DS Kirby, 3DS Tales of the Abyss. Also, the 3DS will come with a 2GB SD card, which is amusing, considering the Wii has 512 MB internal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back