• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Pokemon TCG Chit-chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zari0t

I only play in unlimited!
    Years
    I was just wondering... How often is the TCG Deck Review section visited by "tipical" players? I know, I know, VERY off-topic, but there's a tourney coming up in Portugal and I want to know which of my 3 decks is best... Please don't warn, I'm just really desperate.

Also, yesterday I was scavenging through my card collection, and found out through extensive reading of it that, IMO, Electabuzz [EX Unseen Forces] has incorrect grammar in its Poké-Body.

"As long as Electabuzz is an evolved Pokémon, any damage done to Electabuzz by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon that has any Special Energy attached to it is reduced by 40 (after applying Weakness and Resistance)"

I think that instead of "has" it should be "have". Does anyone agree with me?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Wow, is the new Raichuu really as strong as it looks? You attach 1 energy, search for 2 more, next turn attach 1 new and then 120 damage!

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I was just wondering... How often is the TCG Deck Review section visited by "tipical" players? I know, I know, VERY off-topic, but there's a tourney coming up in Portugal and I want to know which of my 3 decks is best... Please don't warn, I'm just really desperate.

Also, yesterday I was scavenging through my card collection, and found out through extensive reading of it that, IMO, Electabuzz [EX Unseen Forces] has incorrect grammar in its Poké-Body.

"As long as Electabuzz is an evolved Pokémon, any damage done to Electabuzz by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon that has any Special Energy attached to it is reduced by 40 (after applying Weakness and Resistance)"

I think that instead of "has" it should be "have". Does anyone agree with me?

I pull apart decks when I have time, but I believe that there are very few other active/serious players (I'm a Professor) who visit this forum; you may be better off on one of the dedicated TCG forums.

Pokémon can be singular or plural; I believe that it is meant to be singular in this case, as only one Pokémon does damage at a time, and thus "has" is correct.

Chimchar boy, piplup 2020, please make sure your replies contribute to conversation or you will receive a warning for spam.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Anyone who's heard anything about this new Daakurai card and if it's going to be released or not? It's supposed to have an ability that makes all Darkness Energy cards turn into the special Darkness Energy (the one that makes dark pokemon deal 10 more damage).

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I got those cards, too. I'm going to play with Lucario. I have the Level Up card to Lucario, and that card is too good (can't take damage next turn of something like that). I've heard there are some cards that are too good to play with so they are never released in the DP3, only in the japanese DP3 and DP4. Daakurai may be one of those cards, but I'm going to buy it even if I can't play with it. I want it because it's my favorite Pokemon. I hope it will not cost very much, but it will probably be an expensive card.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Yes, but what does it do? I know that second attack. Isn't that from Dialga (or Palkia). I think my Dialgia (in the video games) has tokinohoukou. But I don't think this is the Daakurai I have heard of. The other one was a Level Up card that turns all basic Darkness Energy into the special Darkness energy.
    No, is this promo (didn't notice that until now)? How do I get it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Any cards that were in the Japanese DP3, but not in the English DP3, will be in the English DP4 (except for three, which will be promo cards). That includes any Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai cards in the Japanese DP3.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Why do they make different DP series in US and JP? They didn't do this before, but that was WotC back then. WotC is the best TCG company ever but the new Pokemon company isn't very bad either. At least better than Decipher and Konami. There's one great thing Decipher did, however (in LotR).

I wish WotC still printed the PM cards, because (at least in Magic) they focus on the old cards as well. I like the old cards and I wished there was a Type 1 in PM as in MTG. People say the old cards are useless in Pocket Monsters, but I will still collect them and play with them outside tournaments.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Why do they make different DP series in US and JP? They didn't do this before, but that was WotC back then. WotC is the best TCG company ever but the new Pokemon company isn't very bad either. At least better than Decipher and Konami. There's one great thing Decipher did, however (in LotR).

They don't make different DP series in the US and Japan. They make exactly the same sets, but about ten cards were moved from Japanese DP3 to English DP4 due to Darkrai not being revealed until February 2008.

I don't disagree that Wizards of the Coast is a great TCG company, but they fought far too much with Pokémon Card Laboratory, the Japanese PTCG distributors. That's why their last few sets were all over the place, and why they had complete reprint sets.

The Pokémon Company has a good relationship with the the PCL, which is why they've improved the quality of the TCG. With Wizards, Collectors' Tins, value packs, and all the other special stuff would never happen. Neither would the excellent premier tournament and league systems.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Yes, there are more tournaments now and more people has started playing again, but I still wish they could have tournaments for the old cards (Item Finder, Computer Search, Energy Removal etc.), like WotC has for MTG. I like Trainer cards very much, but now the Pokemon company is focusing more on Pokemon and their attacks and abilities. The Pokemon has gotten stronger, but the Trainer cards are weaker.

The Daakurai that turns the basic Darkness Energy into special energy, isn't that going to be a great combo with that weavil card (search your deck for 2 Darkness E and attach them to your Pokemon)? Someone told me it was going to be broken, far too good combo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Yes, there are more tournaments now and more people has started playing again, but I still wish they could have tournaments for the old cards (Item Finder, Computer Search, Energy Removal etc.), like WotC has for MTG.

They do, just unofficial ones run under the Unlimited Format. They can't be considered official, premier or sanctioned due to the fact that a lot (the vast majority, indeed) of today's players have no old cards at all, giving the minority who do a disadvantage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    There are no "Type 1" that I've heard of, and people say the old cards are useless, but sometimes some older players will make a tournament using old cards, but it's unofficial and nothing to do with the pokemon company, just something you start on your own. There are no Type 1 city championship or anything like that. I wonder why many stopped playing. I'm one of the few who has played from when it started, almost no one at the Pokemon League I go to has old cards.

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Does any body have an original base set 1st edition charizard?in good condition

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back