• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Pokemon TCG Chit-chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I usually just use those flexible card covers for my special cards, like my Holo Dark Charizard card. Ah, my beloved. <3 XD​

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    The only other cards I have in my Pokémon binder are two Yu-Gi-Oh! cards since there's nowhere to put them. XD​

lorelli

Super Hypno Lover
    Years
    Anyone go to the TCG League?

Sadly, the League in my town shut down..
    But one day I plan to go to the Provincials for my Province, held in Vancouver.

Anybody go to the League in their area?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Unfortunately for me, there isn't a league in my area. There aren't a lot of people where I live that play the TCG, or even collect the cards, so we don't bother with one. The only way I can go to one is to drive out of town, but I don't have the money to do that. (Stupid gas prices). .​

lorelli

Super Hypno Lover
    Years
    Unfortunately for me, there isn't a league in my area. There aren't a lot of people where I live that play the TCG, or even collect the cards, so we don't bother with one. The only way I can go to one is to drive out of town, but I don't have the money to do that. (Stupid gas prices). .​

Me and my friends have bought so many cards in the past year or so, I think we kind of revived it in our town at least. :x All of them moved away though, I'm one of the few remaining, so I have nobody really to battle against.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I wish I had friends that played. Unfortunately, I never did. No one was really a huge Pokémon fan in general where I live, let alone fans of the TCG. Never participated in a tournament and probably never will.​

The Dragon Master Is Back

Go For It Gengar
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2009
    **Sigh**
    I'm just the same as you to....
    Wish there was though!
    And the kids where I live think if you play pokemon or even like pokemon your a geek!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Unfortunately for Pokémon lovers like us, this a common misconception. . Luckily for me, people where I live don't mind that I collect the cards in the least bit. To each his own.​

lorelli

Super Hypno Lover
    Years
    **Sigh**
    I'm just the same as you to....
    Wish there was though!
    And the kids where I live think if you play pokemon or even like pokemon your a geek!

People where I live think that, too. :/
    I'd be playing cards at school, and people would come up and laugh at us and ask if we had Charizard. Apparently the only Pokemon they remember besides Pikachu.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I used to be a prominent player at my local league from 2003-2006, winning City championship in 04 and several weekly tournaments. However when the 'professor' left and some absolute loon took over I decided it was time to give upon the TCG.

Years
    Unfortunately for Pokémon lovers like us, this a common misconception. . Luckily for me, people where I live don't mind that I collect the cards in the least bit. To each his own.​
    They don't care here, either, but that's only for the 16 & above year olds. I have quite a number of friends that play the video game. Not so much with the cards, but the closest league place is now only an hour away. And I can drive. I enjoy the hobby shop where the league is (it's huge, and the guy who runs it is almost always there).

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    Man i use to play strong for the first 4 years pokemon was out i quite for 5 and now am back because my friend started playing agein its a great hobby and one way to feel good about beating the crap out of someone with a newly bilt deck. And the leagues when we had them was so fun i plan to go agein soon. hope i find one.

Mudkipable

RP/fanfic/penguin/amphy lover
    Years
    I want to participate in the next national tournament :) (or if my parents have planned a vacation around that time (:() next year)

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2009
    Anyone play in MI?

Anyone know of any leagues in MI? A few days ago the league locator on go-pokemon had a few within a half hour or so of my loc, but now the search isn't turning up anything. Anybody here play in MI and/or know of any leagues? The only person I can play against is my brother, and it's gonna get old after a while (especially since he's broke and hasn't been able to buy any boosters; he can only battle with the starter I bought him and a few cards I'm letting him borrow from the boosters I've bought).

I'm toying with the idea of starting my own. I'm old enough (22) and my cousin manages a comic shop in down-town Ann Arbor, MI (about 15-20 mins from where I live), so he might let me use some space there for a league. But if there's no one in the area that would play, it wouldn't at all be worth the effort.

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
    Hmm, has anyone ever arranged a meet up with others on this site? I really want to try versing someone in the card game but only one of my Pokemon friends IRL play the TCG D:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Hmm, has anyone ever arranged a meet up with others on this site? I really want to try versing someone in the card game but only one of my Pokemon friends IRL play the TCG D:

I don't believe it is suggested that you meet up with others, due to all the risks involved with giving out such personal information and whatnot; threads on such a topic are generally not allowed. If you do set something up via private messages, the forum of course takes no responsibilities for what the result is.

As for finding other people to play with, you can check the official TCG website for any Pokémon Leagues in your area. I know there also used to be programs to play TCGs online, but I don't recall if there was a Pokémon one specifically, but you can check into such a thing.

If you're really desperate, you can play with another member over the internet via PMs or IMs. It'll just take a bit longer and you'll have to run off the honor system.

Kumata

Webcomic artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I tracked down a Pokémon card club thingy which happens near me every Sunday morning; it's an hour or so to drive down but it's worth it.

Years
    :( It has been a lonely 10 years of collecting everything Pokemon for me. I only get to play with a few friends, and the nearest league is 45 minutes away. My parents have never been into Pokemon, they think its a waste of money but let me collect Pokemon stuff anyways. They would never drive me and even though I am 16 and learning to drive, I am uncomfortable with it and so I have had nothing to do but wait just outside the card-collecting and playing community. Someday though, I want to move closer to it where I can ride the bus or walk to whatever job I get, go and play Pokemon cards ect. But I will never stop loving Pokemon in my life, Pokemon for the win! *(sighs)* I can go there eventually I hope.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back