• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dance Doredia, dance! - Sprite/Animation Discussion

EJ

everything is purple
Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Has anybody noticed that sometimes your pokemon look huge from behind?

Serperior was ridiculous when I first saw him from behind.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Okay after playing through, the most amusing animation was by far either Palpitoad or Stunfisk. One, because Palpitoad makes a stupid face you can't help laughing at, while Stunfisk... it giggles at you almost. It's very amusing. XD

I wanted was going to post about that DX yeah I love Stunfisk animation the best. I LOVE ITS WEIRD BLINK!! So strange and adorable, I love battling them XD

I like Palpitoad too, I like how it sort of wiggles with that funny face XD Its pre evo looks cool too jumping everywhere.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Meowth's is pretty cool. Scratch attack FTW.
    Dance Doredia, dance! - Sprite/Animation Discussion

Years
  • My favourite so far is Excadrill, it was the first poke I thought of when reading the question, which is you favourite.

Years
  • I love Victini's little hoppy-dance-thingy, felt like it was taunting me when I was trying to catch it.

I've also got to mention this:

I found it quite amusing when I first saw it. Especially from the back XD

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I absolutely love Horsea's new animation <3 It's little mouth moving like it is sucking a dummy is cute and I like how it moves it's flippers too!

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • What is your favorite animation/sprite out of all the Pokemon?
    hmmm my favorite would have to be deino
    What is your least favorite animation/sprite out of all the Pokemon?
    the elemental monkeys especially simisage
    If you could change any Pokemon's animation, which one(s) and how? Why?
    idk i dont really pay that much attention to them
    Do you think the full-body [on most Pokemon] animation was a good idea? If not, why?
    yes i love seeing them move around most of them have cute/cool animations

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Dance Doredia, dance! - Sprite/Animation Discussion

Joltik looks so hyper, yet its frames don't show it doing much. And when it sleeps, it sleeps with its eyes open (tried it with Munna's Yawn).

(note: This isn't the actual animation's speed; it's a bit faster in the game)
    I like the way Ferroseed spins, but when it spins too fast, it makes my eyes hurt.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Dance Doredia, dance! - Sprite/Animation Discussion

Um...Quilava and Heatran's animations are a bit...suggestive... (blame Sydian for showing them to me >_>).

And also, Magmortar. WUT. That's all it does? "Huh-huh-huh hurr durr me so big me constipated."
    -_- I was expecting something like cocking/charging its cannon threateningly at the opposing Pokemon, like the Pt/HGSS sprites depict!

Magmortar's BW front animation is fail. T_T Pt/HGSS sprites were so much better.

Back