• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danganronpa 3 Anime Announced and Slated for 2016

Zet

Years
    Leaks have been wrong before, and they have been right. At this point, there's no guarantee if it will work on PC... But I do have my fingers crossed that it does.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    As would I. Danganronpa is a horribly underrepresented series in the West (which is a shame, because the games got some pretty fantastic localizations that don't have nearly as many sales as they deserve) and it actually hurts when someone says that the extent that they've experienced the series is the anime. And oftentimes the reason for this is because they don't have a Vita.

Can't really see any way Spike Chunsoft wouldn't benefit from a port of this. Nippon Ichi as well, and really, that's the only reason I put any stock in this, what with the Disgaea PC port and Phantom Brave being mentioned in the same leak.

Reactions: Zet

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I haven't played any of the games yet but I really enjoyed the first Danganronpa anime. I can't wait until this one comes out, hopefully I won't need to know much of the second game to know what's happening?

I really enjoyed the survival/murder mystery component of the original so if the next anime is in any way similar I think that I'll definitely like it!

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    Oh I see :c. Maybe I'll have to get a Vita one day, after all. Or watch a playthrough of the game but I'm not sure if that would detract from the experience or not.

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
    But why aren't they adapting the second game first? I mean, if it's so important to know the events that happened in that game it would make sense to do that first. Sure, they could do it with flashbacks, but The World God Only Knows tried that and it didn't really work out that well...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    But why aren't they adapting the second game first? I mean, if it's so important to know the events that happened in that game it would make sense to do that first. Sure, they could do it with flashbacks, but The World God Only Knows tried that and it didn't really work out that well...
    Because you are supposed to play the game :P

Again, this anime is NOT happening because of anime watchers =D It's because Kodaka is lazy to produce another game =D

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Funny thing, though. They were originally planning on doing a Danganronpa 2 anime, but I imagine they shifted to Danganronpa 3 when they decided to tell a different story with the third game.

Not necessarily sure that's for the worse. Considering how Danganronpa the Animation was received and what it supposedly did wrong, I can't possibly see them doing Danganronpa 2 justice.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Back