• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danganronpa 3 Anime Announced and Slated for 2016

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

Danganronpa 3 – The End of Hope's Peak Academy

Danganronpa 3 Anime Announced and Slated for 2016

During the Danganronpa v3 event hosted by Spike Chunsoft, it was revealed that a new anime series for the franchise titled Danganronpa 3 – The End of Hope's Peak Academy is in production and scheduled for 2016. It's an original story set after Danganronpa 2.

The staff includes:

Original Character Design: Rui Komatsuzaki
    Chief Director: Seiji Kishi (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)
    Series Composition: Norimitsu Kaihou (Gakkou Gurashi!)
    Character Design: Kazuaki Morita (Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace), Ryoko Amisaki (Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome)
    Music: Masafumi Takada (Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei The Animation)
    Studio: Lerche (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Gakkou Gurashi!, Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)
    The first key visual has also been unveiled:

The first promotional was also revealed at the event:

Curious thoughts on the announcement of the new anime Danganronpa 3 since a lot of people (especially fans of the original game) were incredibly disappointed by the outcome of it's prequel "Danganronpa: The Animation". I wasn't a fan of the game prior, but still found myself disappointed as a fan of that genre of anime.

Also curious to how this will go since it looks like it's based off the new third game which is after the second game and the spinoff which both don't have an anime adaptation. How would it work to people who don't know anything about the game, having no knowledge on what happened in SDR2 and the spinoff.

Interestingly enough, the game Danganronpa 3 was recently announced as well in September. Don't know the release dates of either aside that the anime is in 2016, but if the anime releases before the game (or very close to the game's release date) will it have a different impact on it's audience to hating it like it's first animation?

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Ohoh, this is clever. A while back, the creators ran a poll as to whether Danganronpa 3 should continue the story of 1 and 2 or follow an entirely separate cast. Apparently, this is their way of doing both. V3's gonna have a different cast and 3 (the anime) is a conclusion to the first and second.

Granted, there's no SDR2 or UDG anime, but I don't think that's the point. This is an anime for those who played 1, 2, and possibly UDG, which is risky business because of the potential costs involved, but I'd imagine there's at least some entrypoint for new viewers.

Years
    I quite liked the previous anime and this one is looking like it will be quite good. I have high hopes for it, but probably a bit too high.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Curious thoughts on the announcement of the new anime Danganronpa 3 since a lot of people (especially fans of the original game) were incredibly disappointed by the outcome of it's prequel "Danganronpa: The Animation". I wasn't a fan of the game prior, but still found myself disappointed as a fan of that genre of anime.
    The anime failed mostly because Danganronpa as a game was mostly about the investigation part and that all had to be cut off.

Also curious to how this will go since it looks like it's based off the new third game which is after the second game and the spinoff which both don't have an anime adaptation. How would it work to people who don't know anything about the game, having no knowledge on what happened in SDR2 and the spinoff.
    Because it's not.
    It's an ending of Hope's Peak Academy storyline, in other words, sequel to Danganronpa 2.
    It's nothing more, nothing else.
    It isn't meant to be for newcomers, it isn't meant to be sequel to the original Dangan anime, it is simply the sequel we will never see as a game.

Interestingly enough, the game Danganronpa 3 was recently announced as well in September. Don't know the release dates of either aside that the anime is in 2016, but if the anime releases before the game (or very close to the game's release date) will it have a different impact on it's audience to hating it like it's first animation?
    The V3 game is set in different plotline.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The previous anime was really rushed in terms of story and made to promote the game and not be a separate creation... so I guess if this isnt really based off of a game we'll see a different result?? I'll probably watch it anyway lol

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I liked the original show, I know it wasn't omgamazing but it was entertaining. Of course, can't be compared with the game, but whatever.

So this is Season 2, sequel to the original anime, just skipping stuff from the game 2? Did I get that part right? I DON'T UNDERSTAND

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    So this is Season 2, sequel to the original anime, just skipping stuff from the game 2? Did I get that part right? I DON'T UNDERSTAND
    Danganronpa 3, the anime, is the sequel to Danganronpa 1 and Danganronpa 2. The games, I mean. In other words, it's the third numbered entry in the Hope's Peak Story Arc, but instead of making it a game, they're making this entry an anime. This basically means that jumping from the first anime to Danganronpa 3 would not be a good idea because they'd have missed out on the events of Danganronpa 2 (and Ultra Despair Girls), which is intentional, since the intended audience for this anime is those that have played the first two games. But this is a sequel to Danganronpa 2, so those jumping from 1 (or the animation, by extension) will probably be fairly lost.

Danganronpa V3, on the other hand, follows a story wholly separate from the original games. However, this and Danganronpa 3 are two different entities following two different events (which is the reason why the game isn't called Danganronpa 3 and, by extension, why Danganronpa 3 isn't called Danganronpa 3 the Animation, since it's not adapting anything).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    The previous anime was really rushed in terms of story and made to promote the game and not be a separate creation... so I guess if this isnt really based off of a game we'll see a different result??
    Possibly?
    Code:
    According to Danganronpa series creator Kazutaka Kodaka, it'll feature content that can only be expressed through anime.

I'll probably watch it anyway lol
    If you want a conclusion to Danganronpa's story, you will want to watch it.

All I need is confirmed Chiaki and I'm satisfied.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Danganronpa 3, the anime, is the sequel to Danganronpa 1 and Danganronpa 2. The games, I mean. In other words, it's the third numbered entry in the Hope's Peak Story Arc, but instead of making it a game, they're making this entry an anime. This basically means that jumping from the first anime to Danganronpa 3 would not be a good idea because they'd have missed out on the events of Danganronpa 2 (and Ultra Despair Girls), which is intentional, since the intended audience for this anime is those that have played the first two games. But this is a sequel to Danganronpa 2, so those jumping from 1 (or the animation, by extension) will probably be fairly lost.

Danganronpa V3, on the other hand, follows a story wholly separate from the original games. However, this and Danganronpa 3 are two different entities following two different events (which is the reason why the game isn't called Danganronpa 3 and, by extension, why Danganronpa 3 isn't called Danganronpa 3 the Animation, since it's not adapting anything).
    So, all it boils down to is this - I cannot watch this anime because all I've seen is the first anime. Yes?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    ...yeah, it basically translates to a no watch, then. Too bad, I sort of enjoyed the first Danganronpa anime. It wasn't too great but was still quite fun to watch what with those crazy characters and the premise. And that teddy principal :p (whose name I forgot!)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

It took me two posts to understand this so people will probably be confused about this lol

Zet

Years
    ...yeah, it basically translates to a no watch, then. Too bad, I sort of enjoyed the first Danganronpa anime. It wasn't too great but was still quite fun to watch what with those crazy characters and the premise. And that teddy principal :p (whose name I forgot!)
    Just watch a LP of the second game. I loved the 2nd game because it has the best waifu, and it's definitely something you shouldn't miss out on.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Just watch a LP of the second game. I loved the 2nd game because it has the best waifu, and it's definitely something you shouldn't miss out on.

To me , Aoi is the best waifu ! She's worth dumping all the girl in the series.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Apparently, according to one leak, Dangan games may be coming to Steam so you still have a chance =)

That's weird. Your auto-correct changed Chiaki to Aoi. You should get that fixed.
    Truly a weird auto-correcting he has.

Chii-chan > everyone, flame start :DDDDD

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Yeah, I'd recommend waiting. The leak doesn't confirm anything, but it's a chance, and Dangan is certainly a game that's better played than watched.

Chii-chan > everyone, flame start :DDDDD
    Oh Satcho, you know you can't start a flamewar with Hanakana bait. Not you. Maybe Zet.

Plus there aren't nearly enough Dangan fans on PC, so it'd basically just be Famon talking **** on Chiaki in favor of Boob Swimmer

Last edited:
    Back