• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Energy / Pokemon League Adventure OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    yeah this whole competition thing has me interested, I don't really think I will last to long unless I go and train up my team. Not a bad idea really, once we go and meet in the Rp i'm gonna start training, yes theres a good idea...

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Just for some info on how the tournament will work.
    A computer (or... me :P) will randomly select (or conveniently plan and laugh as you all struggle against eachother) opponents to fight in the tournament. It'll be a mini pokemon league and entrants must have atleast 1 gym badge. Consisting of 16 or 8 trainers.
    And if you face eachother basically this will happen.
    You both write a battle each and PM them to me. I'll select the winner and combine the two fights and strategies and the winner will be determined by either my choice or your RP posting and battling styles.
    Winners will advance to the last round and the person who wins the final will face a special gym leader. beating this Gym leader will grant you with the Badge.
    So it's like an extra gym being thrown in, but a special event to make it more interesting.
    =]

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Oh so you already know you're gonna beat brock?
    If brock is still the gym leader there =P
    And even so, what makes you so sure you even know what to expect.
    let me just say this:
    You don't! :P

Years
    Just for some info on how the tournament will work.
    A computer (or... me :P) will randomly select (or conveniently plan and laugh as you all struggle against eachother) opponents to fight in the tournament. It'll be a mini pokemon league and entrants must have atleast 1 gym badge. Consisting of 16 or 8 trainers.
    And if you face eachother basically this will happen.
    You both write a battle each and PM them to me. I'll select the winner and combine the two fights and strategies and the winner will be determined by either my choice or your RP posting and battling styles.
    Winners will advance to the last round and the person who wins the final will face a special gym leader. beating this Gym leader will grant you with the Badge.
    So it's like an extra gym being thrown in, but a special event to make it more interesting.
    =]

Laugh as we struggle? That's mean...oh well XD So...about the battle thing we type our own battles or do we talk to the person we're battling? Just want to get this straight so I can plan.

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    no i'm not saying i'll beat him, I'm saying that since I'm skipping viridian gym, I'll have another chance.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    You can discuss whatever you want but you'll be each writing your own versions and PMing them to me :) the winners will be displayed in a tournament post.

and swiftswim,
    i just wanted to make you think ;)

Years
    Ohhhhhhhhh I get it. So it's basically like we write our own version of the battles and then PM those battles to you and you'll pick the best?

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    well mike, it did work, now i'm busy considering ways to go about a gym battle that I will know nothing about. Thanks for that, no really. I think this will be fun, provided day 3 starts before I forget about it all.

Years
    Yeah...her RP is pretty cool too :) I've been RPing like aaaaaaaaall day...and I have spring break this coming week, so I'll be free to do it all week as well XD

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    you are only just now starting spring break? I have only 3 days left of it...it sucks, I dont wanna go back to....math...
    woops sorry got off topic again.

Years
    We seem to be doing that a lot...maybe VM is a better idea? Lol...but I really enjoy Pokemon RPs...I think it's exciting when you don't know if you catch the Pokemon or not, and the RP "Master" tells you :) Oh and as for items...for TMs like when we go to Celadon, are they going to be available to buy (as well as stones and stuff) or are those going to be little things you pass out?

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    oh yeah, mentioning TMs, how would they work, I mean they're just cds or something similar...it doesn't make sense how they would work.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    let's say that a TM is a small orb. Your pokemon concentrates on it, and it disappears.
    learning the new move.
    Maybe?

Also, we'll see about what'll be for sale etc... I dunno yet.
    You'll all eventually get chance to get the items you want, don't worry about that.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    no thats fine. If you have questions, they need answering.
    In any case, Swift, if we are soon to meet i would like Umbreon to battle Houndour.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back