• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • Jake woke up the next morning with his Pokemon sitting on his lap. He knew it was time for the first tournament matches, and he was excited and anxious all at once.

I'm ready for this. I just hope these three are. It is a lot more about them than it has to do with me.

"Ready to begin the tournament guys?"

"Vee!" "Nido!" "Poli!" The three said in unison. They were rejuvenated completely, and ready to get down to business.

Jake returned his Pokemon to their Pokeballs, and walked outside to see whom he'd be fighting in the tournament, and where.

Jim, eh? I hate that name. Therefore, let's remove it from the tournament. And the water arena? This should be interesting.

Jake walked into the brilliant sunshine, and towards the Water Arena to watch the first battle. It was Elliot, one of the boys who were at the lab with Jake, fighting against some kid named Nat. Elliot won the match clearly, but for some reason the crowd was booing at them.

Dirt bags. No reason for that sort of rudeness around here…unless I'm the one using it.

Jake walked passed both battlers on his way into the arena. He knew he would have his work cut out for him in this match. After stepping into his corner, he saw Jim on the other side.

"Good luck Jake!" Jim said with a smile, and said it sincerely.

"You too," Jake said as he brushed off the comment.

The referee took his position near the middle of the battlefield. "Our two battlers are Jake and Jim. Both will be using one Pokemon, no substitutions. First one knocked out loses."

"Come on out Pinsir!" Jim called out.

A rather large bug Pokemon with two horns on its head appeared. It looked strong, and Jake hoped he could defeat it.

"All right, let's do this Aether!"

Jake's Aether, the Eevee appeared. He decided enough time had passed so that it could battle. He decided to at least make it an interesting match, using a Pokemon that hasn't battled against someone who appears to have decent experience. You can't just get a Pokemon like that without some.

"COMMENCE!!!"

"All right…umm…Vice Grip Pinsir!" Jim said hesitantly.

Or he got lucky capturing that thing. This should be fun for me.

"Quick Attack Aether!"

The Pinsir charged Aether at a clumsy pace. It didn't have the speed to even land an attack fast enough, especially with the lack of traction from the ice. It wasn't too slippery, but it still had a large effect. Aether, on the other hand, zoomed around the ice like an ice skater and picked up velocity every few seconds. It launched directly at Pinsir, landing a direct hit.

"Pinsir!!!" Jim cried up as Pinsir got up quickly. "I know you're powerful! Use Horn Attack!"

Aether was still skidding around before it could gain enough traction to dodge again. Pinsir's horns did a large number onto the baby Pokemon.

"Aether!"

He might be clumsy, but that thing's power is quite large for someone this early into his journey. I need to be really careful not to be hit by one of its attacks.

"All right Aether, use your Quick Attack to keep gaining speed, then wait for my order!"

"Use another Vice Grip!"

Aether charged around in circles, while Pinsir kept trying to charge at Aether. It kept hitting the rocks directly, scattering them into the air and hitting Pinsir in the face. Jake had a feeling he could use this for his advantage.

"Aether, bounce around on the rocks, and wait once more for my orders!"

Aether focused his movements on the rocks, while Pinsir kept attempting to crush Aether with its horns. Jake waited for the perfect opportunity for Pinsir to be stunned from the rocks.

"NOW AETHER, USE BITE ATTACK!!!"

Aether charged with full force at Pinsir, with his jaws encasing half of Pinsir's head. Aether crushed down hard until the Pinsir winced in pain.

"Throw it…off…down…UP!!!" Jim called out even more hesitantly than before.

Pinsir launched Aether directly into the air. Jake was flustered, and his thoughts were out of his control, running rampantly throughout his head.

I've got it!!!!

"Aether, do a nose dive towards Pinsir with a Quick Attack!"

Aether pointed its head straight down, and with the Quick Attack, it gained speed that Pinsir could no longer even keep track of. Eventually, Aether hit head first into Pinsir between its horns, where they couldn't reach him. The sheer force from the Quick Attack pushed Pinsir into the ice, with only its head sticking out!

"Oh no, what do I do!"

"Honestly Jim, there isn't much. Its arms in encased in ice, its horns can't do anything to help it. Brute force can't save you. I don't want to keep going against a defenseless target."

"You're right I suppose. I forfeit the finish of the match!" Jim called out.

The crowd started to boo at Jim for quitting the match. Jake wouldn't stand for it though, as it was the most valiant move he could make.

"SHUT UP PEOPLE! DO YOU WANT ME TO KILL HIS PINSIR!! HE'S DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!"

The crowd became silent from Jake's outrage and passion. He knew his hotheadedness got a hold of him again. This time, however, he was glad it did. It solved the issue, and Jim felt a lot better from being defended.

"Thanks Jake."

The referee finally came back from space. "Jim has forfeited due to incapability to battle! Jake is the winner!!!"

Jake walked over to Jim with Aether in his arms. He reached his hand out to Jim.

"Good battle," Jake said with a smile.

"You as well."

The grabbed hands and shook. They knew that they had made peace from a war-like situation.

Jake walked out of the battlefield with his first round won. He had a rather large grin on his face, and he wasn't ashamed to show it.

Jake walked outside and sat down on one of the various empty benches. He called out Aether to talk with.

"You did a great job for your first battle. I wouldn't have ever expected you to use that sort of power in the first place. I guess your speed is what caused it though. Nothing to get used to. That ice was our savior."

"Vee!" Aether cried out happily, nudging against Jake's neck.

Jake continued to walk around the premises with Aether on his neck. Some trainers gawked at Jake even having an Eevee, while others continued on with their own business. Jake decided that he had enough for a while, and continued back to his room.

Jake waited for the Round Two postings to be listed. Instead of heading straight back, he waited around the Pokemon Center to see them. The listings started to appear...

Round Two, here I come.

(OoC: Not as long as I said, sorry. The original got deleted >.<)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Elliot walked back inside the competitor's area, intent on seeking out the round two listings. Looking at the now smaller list of competitors, Elliot found his name; he would be fighting first against someone named James in the grass arena.

"Hmmm well this will be interesting." Elliot thought.

Next to the board, he saw a notice about talking to Ranger Bill who was located at the kiosk in the competitor's area, as to which two Pokémon the competitor would like to be entered.

"Two?" Elliot questioned. "That must mean it's going to be a double battle I bet!"

Elliot was getting pumped; he couldn't wait for the next round. Before finishing though, he decided to look for Farran's name, and found him competing against Ant in the fire arena, at the same time as him.

"Good luck to you." Elliot said out loud.

He then went up to the kiosk and found Ranger Bill. He told him what two Pokemon he would enter.

"Thank you very much." Ranger Bill said. "And good luck."

"Thanks." Elliot said.

He walked away, then as though a sudden idea came to his head, he decided he'd fit in a bit of practice before the 2nd round would start. He ran as fast as he could (showing his ID to the various guards as he passed), to the practice area he had been to before. He got his number, and immediately it was called.

"I guess everyone is just waiting for their battles, it's good to get some practice, in between. Come on out you guys!" He said, throwing his Pokeballs into the air, and watching his Pokémon come out. He knew he didn't have lots of time for practice, but it was practice nonetheless.

For the next 10 minutes, he had his Pokémon focus on aim and dodging attacks. After about 10 minutes though, they all got sidetracked, and like any other kid, Elliot, began to play with them instead. Lentus was shooting his watergun, at Elliot, and Iggy and Toni were trying to create fireworks with their electric and fire moves. Elliot was having fun, despite the seriousness of the battle up ahead. But he wanted his Pokémon to be happy. Though once realizing what the time was Elliot gathered his Pokémon back into their balls, and eventually ran back into the competitor's area. It appeared that everyone was still here, and that he wasn't late, as when he looked at a clock, it read: time until 2nd round: 20 minutes.

"Phew..." Elliot said, gasping for air.

He couldn't sit now that he felt so energized, so he decided to begin pacing. He wasn't anxious of the next battle, but didn't want to sit around waiting either.

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Mijaan watched as all the trainers begin to line up. The fans were cheering in anticipation as the announcer called them out name by name.

He looked up overhead to see a hot air balloon with a camera crew inside, and lots of camera crews dotted around the stadium. He headed over to the Rock arena where he would be battling in his match, but he knew he'd get to see nova battle first, so he sat at the sidelines where Brock was stood waiting for the battle to begin.

Round 2 Begin!
    sonic-20071010-135327.jpg

If you are still unsure of the outcome of your battle:
    Please PM me with your pokemon choice and ask me who your opponent wil be using.
    also ask the outcome.
    you'll receive a reply and you can get your battle underway.

Battle 1: Go!
    Battle 2: Please wait until all four 'Battle 1' matches
    are complete before posting...

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • "CONTESTANTS, PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR STADIUMS," said the announcer. Holding the tiny, two Pokeballs containing Landscape and Brakken, I made my way to the Water Stadium looking at the other three trainers that followed. Furrowing my brows, I recognized one of the trainers as Matt – the person I battled against in my dream. How odd…

Finally on the Water Stadium, I noticed the Water stadium had two sections like I expected: a very hard ice that was slippery but was deep and steady enough for my Pokemon to stand on. On the other side was a deep pool of water with pieces of ice floating on top.

I took my position on the side of the field where the water was on my right and the ice on my left. Matt took his position on the other side and took out two Pokeballs. Shouts and cries of excitement came from the crowds.

"You must be Jess, the one that took down Brock's Steelix with a Grotle," Matt shouted from across the field.

I picked my arms and shoulders up and dropped them down at my waist. "That's me," I said with a smile.

"Name's Matt," Matt said from across the field. "And this'll be a good match!"

"LET THE MATCH BEGIN!" the referee called.

"Go!" Matt threw out his Pokeballs, one hitting the ice and the other plopping down into the water. The one on the ice exploded in a bright light to reveal a blue Pokemon with white boxing gloves and a swirl pattern on its stomach.

"Poliwrath!" it shouted.

The next beam of light came from the water. Inside the water was a tan and light blue fish-like Pokemon. It had a long antenna on its head with a bob colored yellow.

"La," it said brightly.

I turned to Matt and smiled.

"Two water types?" I asked with a raise of my eyebrow.

I clicked the two buttons on the Pokeballs I held and I held them tight in my hand.

"You should of thought about your choices even harder," I said. I threw out the two Pokeballs and shouted, "Go Landscape and Brakken!"

In a flash of light, my two giant Pokemon appeared.

Awes and gasps came from the crowd as they saw that my Ivysaur had evolved into a mighty Venusaur.

"Let's start this battle off!" Matt shouted. "Poliwrath, Rain Dance!" The water/fighting Pokemon shot out a funnel of water up into the air. The water separated and fell down onto the battlefield like rain.

I laughed and shook my head as my Pokemon looked at the Poliwrath with amused expressions. "My Pokemon are GRASS type," I stated. "They're not affected by water."

"Oh, I know that," Matt said. "Lanturn, use Thunder!"

"What?!" I gasped as the Lanturn jumped out of the water and launched a very powerful Thunder attack. I saw the Poliwrath move out of the way of the rain and the electricity pulsed through the rain.

Brakken and Landscape roared in pain as the electricity sparked their bodies.

"Landscape, Brakken!" I shouted. "Are you guys alright?"

As the electricity and rain stopped, Brakken continued to cringe, but Landscape turned to me and nodded.

"Alright, use Bullet Seed on the Poliwrath! Brakken, lift that Lanturn out of the water and throw it!" I commanded.

Landscape opened his mouth and shot out large, green seeds at Poliwrath. The seeds almost seemed to glow. Poliwrath quickly jumped up, but Brakken slashed outs large vines and wrapped them around Lanturn, lifting it up and throwing it at Poliwrath. The two Water Pokemon collided and slid against the ice.

"Use Razor Leaf, Landscape. Brakken, charge up your Solarbeam attack," I said. Landscape's tree rustled and sharp leaves flew out of it.

"Poliwrath, push Lanturn back into the water," Matt shouted. Poliwrath jumped to its feet and pushed its fishy friend toward the water. As he did, however, he was hit by Landscape's powerful Razor Leaf attack.

It slid against the ice but quickly pulled up. Landscape took a step forward but slipped.

"Tor," he hissed as he finally regained his balance.

"That's it!" Matt said from across the field. "Poliwrath, shoot a Water Gun at them, and then finish it with Ice Beam!"

Poliwrath took in a breath and shot out another spout of water. Landscape slid in front of Brakken so he couldn't get hit by either the Water Gun or Ice Beam. When the water gun hit Landscape, Poliwrath launched a frozen, white beam of ice. It hit Landscape's body and froze it solid. As it shaped across Landscape's form, he let out an angered and painful roar.

The crowd gasped as Landscape's entire frame was frozen.

"Landscape!" I shouted.

"SAUR!" Brakken roared at Poliwrath. He whipped out his vines and grabbed Poliwrath. He pulled him up into the air and quickly threw him against a steel wall by the water.

"Whir," it shouted painfully as it fell into the water.

"Solarbeam!" I ordered.

Brakken lowered his giant plant-bulb and shot out a white beam. It struck the water and the water exploded up, causing an awe and gasp from the crowd. Poliwrath and Lanturn cried painfully as they flew up with the explosion of water.

They fell down and their forms hit the icy platforms. They struggled to their feet slowly.

Brakken turned to Landscape's frozen form and slammed into him as hard as he can.

"Saur, saur," Brakken shouted angrily as he slammed into the frozen form of Landscape.

"Poliwrath, Lanturn, that Venusaur is too interested in helping its friend. Finish it with the Rain Dance Thunder combination!"Matt shouted.

"No!" I shouted as the Poliwrath and Lanturn both jumped up. Poliwrath looked at Venusaur and shot out a funnel of water. Lanturn followed with a Thunder.

When the water hit Venusaur, so did the Thunder.

"VENUSAUR!" Brakken cried painfully.

"Brakken!" I shouted. Brakken fell to his stomach, shaking.

"Torterra and Venusaur are unable-" the referee started. But suddenly, Brakken started to get up, cringing from the water/electric combination.

"SAUR!" he shouted and lunged once more at Landscape's frozen form. When he slammed into it, the ice cracked and continued to crack until Landscape's form shook.

The crowd gasped as the ice collapsed off of Landscape.

"TORTERRA!" Landscape roared as he looked at Brakken with gratitude. Brakken nodded, panting.

Landscape turned back once more to the Poliwrath and Lanturn who had a mask of fear on their faces.

"Landscape, use Bullet Seed! Brakken, use Solarbeam!" I shouted. Landscape opened his mouth and shot out several beads at the two Water Pokemon.

Brakken lowered his glowing plant and released a white beam of light. When the green seeds struck Poliwrath and Lanturn, so did the Solarbeam. There was an explosion of bright light and when it cleared, Poliwrath and Lanturn were both sprawled on an ice platform, unconscious.

"Poliwrath and Lanturn are unable to battle. Torterra and Venusaur are the winners!" the referee said.

I screamed with excitement and so did the crowd. I saw Matt sigh and return his Poliwrath and Lanturn to their Pokeballs.

Landscape and Brakken slowly made their way to me, both panting happily but had happy looks on their faces. I placed my hands on their large heads.

"You two did great," I said with a grin on my face. They both nodded. I looked at Brakken. "Brakken, you were very strong in this battle. You tried to free Landscape when you were very injured. Great job!"

Brakken looked at me and grinned. Two vines came out from under his green leaves and tucked me on my head happily. I laughed.

I turned to Landscape. "Landscape, you were great with Brakken at your side. You were determined to win this match and you were successful." I said.

"Tor," Landscape said happily.

I enlarged their Pokeballs and lifted them up. "Return, guys," I said. My two Pokemon were engulfed into the Pokeballs and I placed them back on my belt.

Carefully, I walked across the icy battle stadium where Matt waited as well as the referee. Matt's hand was outstretched and I shook it.

"Great battle," Matt said.

I nodded with a smile. "Yeah, your two Pokemon were quite strong."

Matt smiled.

"Jess," I turned to the referee who held out his hand. In it was a coin with a Clefairy carved into it. It was another winner token.

I took it quickly and placed it in my pocket where my other token was.

"Thank you," I said with a nod of my head.

I turned away from the stadium and headed to the exit, seeing the two next contestants getting ready on the field. I picked off my two Pokeballs and held them in my hand as I exited the dome and went to the Pokemon Center.

I should heal Landscape and Brakken before the next round.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Elliot finally heard the announcement for those starting first in round two. He made his way towards the tunnel. He noticed that some trainers looked nervous.

"I promise not to fail you guys." Elliot thought.

Elliot finally entered the grass arena; it was nearly covered completely in grass, though some brown patches and flowers were also evident. Even from its two previous battles, the arena still remained quite beautiful. As Elliot walked out into the open, he had to cover his eyes from the glaring sun, as he just realized that this arena had no roof. He thought he heard cheers on his entrance to the arena, but didn't really pay attention to it.

Finally emerging from the tunnel, he saw his opponent James. He looked tall, young, and yet confident. Cheers could be heard as he entered too. He gave a sly smile to Elliot as he passed by. Finally he reached his end of the arena.

"The match between James and Elliot will soon begin; first they will each reveal which Pokémon they have chosen ahead of time." A referee said, having appeared from nowhere.

On the screen behind Elliot, James' photo appeared, along with his three Pokémon, two of them lighting up, at the same time, the real James let out his two Pokémon. They were a Dragonair and Heracross. Elliot knew Dragonair was a dragon type from his book, evolving from Dratini, but Elliot decided to use his new (or old?) Pokedex on Heracross. It came with the following analyses:

"With its Herculean powers, it can easily throw around an object that is 100 times its own weight."

"Wow..." Elliot thought. He read on to see that it was a bug and fighting type. "Well this could be a great start for Iggy, though that Dragonair is going to be more of a challenge."

"Hey kid, bring out your Pokémon already!" The referee called.

"Oh, sorry," Elliot called back, snapping out of his reverie, he looked back at the view screen, now seeing his photo and Pokémon. "Come on out guys!"

Iggy and Lentus came out, both appearing to be ready for battle.

"Are you ready guys?" Elliot called.

"Pooooooooooooooke." Lentus said slowly.

"Char!" Iggy said excitedly, stepping forward, its tail appearing to glow brighter.

"Let the match between James and Elliot begin!" The referee called, waving his flag. At the sound of this, the crowd burst into cheers as they expected an epic battle.

As soon as Elliot saw the flag go down, he called to his Pokémon, "Lentus use headbutt on that dragonair, and Iggy, show Heracross your flamethrower!"

"Going first I see? Well..." James called. "Marine, use agility and follow up with Dragon rush on that Slowpoke, Shadow fly up and use megahorn on that Charmander."

Before Elliot could call a counter for Lentus, with incredible speed, he watched as the Dragonair, slithered in and easily offset Lentus' headbutt, sending it flying to the back of the arena. Meanwhile the Heracross, was closing in on its attack, Iggy readying its flamethrower attack. When it blew out its flames, Heracross appeared to go right through them, hitting Iggy in the process. The Heracross, looked like it was barely affected by Iggy's flamethrower.

"Okay, time to switch it up! Shadow use aerial ace on the Slowpoke and Marine use slam on the Charmander!" James called.

"Man they are strong Pokémon," Elliot thought. "Okay, Iggy dodge than use flamethrower on the Dragonair, and Lentus use confusion and stop that Heracross." Elliot said

Iggy jumped in time, as the Dragonair attempted to slam it, it missed. Iggy turning around to fire his flamethrower was met with quite a shock, as was Elliot when the Dragonair's tail whipped around and shot Iggy into the air.

"Iggy!" Elliot cried. He watched as it hit the grass, it looked shook up, but otherwise the grass had somewhat cushioned its fall. Elliot quickly turned his attention back to Lentus.

The Heracross was moments away from Lentus, when it used its confusion attack to stop it, in mid attack.

"Okay now throw him at Dragonair!" Elliot called, noticing the Dragonair advancing on Iggy.

Lentus tossed Heracross, with his confusion attack at Dragonair, the result missed, but it was enough time for Elliot to help Iggy out.

"Okay Iggy, get out of there using smokescreen." Elliot called.

At once Iggy brought up some protection, encompassing both Dragonair and Heracross, it was able to escape. It ran back towards Lentus, as though in backup.

"Okay you two, Iggy use flamethrower again, and Lentus use watergun. We'll get them in there."

They both began their attack, though unsure if they were hitting anything. Their question was barely answered when they both came swooping out intent on attacking the two. Elliot had no time to react when Dragonair's Dragon rush hit Lentus, and Heracross' close combat attack attacking Iggy, sent both of them flying to the back of the arena.

He looked back at his Pokemon, they looked in rough shape, now barely able to stand, the powerful attacks were just too much for them. Noticing this too, James called out.

"Do you yield?" He yelled out.

The fans roared in anticipation. Expecting James to win.
    "NO!" Elliot yelled louder. "I might just be a kid but I'm not gonna give up! Lentus, Iggy, let's show them what we're made of!"

James looked satisfied, as he saw both Lentus and Iggy stand up again. Elliot knew he had to do something, and do something fast. James' Pokémon have barely had a scratch, and his own Pokémon are almost done for, he didn't want to lose now. He snapped out of his reverie when he heard James call out again.

"Marine use aqua tail on Charmander, Shadow use take down on Lentus!" James called.

"Iggy, counter with flamethrower, I know you can do it, Lentus I'll tell you when to shoot the Heracross with watergun." Elliot called, forming some strategy now, knowing his opponent must be thinking that he has it won, and a kid won't stop him.

Dragonair began spinning the air, eventually appearing to collect water as though from nowhere, and like a drill was now heading towards Iggy. Iggy stepped forward a few steps, braced itself, Elliot noticing its tail glowing much warmer than before, finally releasing a large flamethrower. As this was happening, Heracross was getting closer to Lentus. When the flamethrower and aqua tail attacks met, instead of the aqua tail move gaining the upper hand (as would be expected of a fire vs. Water type moveset), both moves exploded in the air, at an equilibrium.

"Impossible." James said.

"Oh yeah! We still got the stuff." Elliot said happily.

Both Pokémon still in the cloud of the attack, the two only other visible Pokémon were Lentus and the Heracross.

"I know I'm taking a chance, but it's worth a shot, if I want to win this round." Elliot thought.

Elliot watched as the Heracross, came in between the attack cloud and Lentus.

"Now Lentus!" Elliot called.

Lentus didn't use watergun however, it decided to use headbutt. The attack appeared to mitigate Heracross' takedown attack, the result, because of the energy, sent Heracross falling backwards into the now resting cloud.

The Dragonair was already in the midst of another dragon rush, aiming at Iggy.

"It's as though it knows where my Pokémon are, even in evasive manoeuvres." Elliot thought.

The attack hit Iggy, sending it back again to the end of the arena.

"Lentus, use confusion and stop that Dragonair!"

This time Lentus obeyed, and as though struggling, managed to throw Dragonair a distance away. But Heracross had already followed up with an attack of its own, its megahorn attack, sending Lentus on the opposite site of the arena. Lentus had fainted.

"Slowpoke is unable to battle; the match is still on with 2 on 1." The referee called. People were now screaming in the midst of the climax of the fight.

Elliot, was shocked, he recalled Lentus back to his Pokeball and he turned back towards Iggy, it was now struggling to get back up, putting one arm (paw?) out, only to have it collapse in exhaustiveness.

"Iggy, I know you can do it," Elliot called. "I believe in you, just do like we practiced, and we'll show them!"

It was nearly clear that Iggy was not going to get up.

"Charmander is unab-" But the referee cut himself off, and Elliot already saw why. Iggy finally got up, and now looked determined. So determined however that... it began to shine white.

"Wait, can it be what I think it is?" Elliot thought. "And so soon too? Iggy must really be more powerful than I thought."

The glowing continued, the whole stadium had gone silent in the change of events. Finally, the glow subsided, and situated for everyone to see, was a Charmeleon.

"Charmeleon!" It roared, spitting fire in the air in the process.

"All right!" Elliot called. He was about to call out his next attack when the sun shone quite bright. Elliot had to shield his eyes. "Wait a sec," He thought. "Why didn't I think of this before!"

"Iggy, light up all the grass and flowers around you with the biggest flamethrower ever!" Elliot called.

Seeing their strategy, James attempted to counter.

"Marine, use Outrage, and Shadow, use Endure!" James called.

Building up speed, the dragonair slithered its way towards Iggy, who was gathering breath for its attack. But the Dragonair was too late, Iggy's flamethrower was shot with great intensity, the ground ahead of Iggy was alight and even the air infront of it was swelteringly hot. Having slithered on the grass where the attack was, and continued to burn, the Dragonair was now burned as a result, and writhing in pain despite its resistance to fire.

"Can't take the heat I guess." Elliot thought triumphantly.

But Elliot forgot about Heracross, it came charging out, its whole body appearing to be on fire, but enduring the attack in the process, it was coming in for an attack.

"Trick it with smokescreen!" Elliot called. But even with a smokey veil the Heracross still managed to land its close combat attack, sending Iggy to the ground. Heracross too was on the ground, clearly burned. Elliot could see it, but the referee had called that the Dragonair was unable to battle.

Now between Heracross and Iggy, each now seemed to be a battle of will, that which one would remain conscious. Both of them attempted to struggle to their feet. Then Iggy fell.

"Charmel-" The referee was cut off again, Charmeleon had managed to sit up again. It gave a glow of its tail, and as though obliging to the sentiment, Heracross fell and fainted.

Elliot was the clear winner now.

"Heracross is unable to battle; therefore, Elliot and his Pokémon are the winners of round 2!" The referee called to the stadium.

Upon hearing this, cheers could be heard as well as groans and boos. Elliot recalled Iggy to its Pokeball. Elliot noticed the referee's pokemon putting out the various fires. And noticed James walking up to him.

"You're a great trainer kid; I hope to battle you again someday." He smiled as he walked back into the tunnel.

"I won't be a kid by then!" Elliot called back, laughing.

James responded by waving his hand signifying he heard, though didn't look back. Elliot thought at that point he might have hurt James' pride. But he relinquished that thought, when the referee approached him.

"You're very lucky to work with such a team young man," He said. "I hope to see more of your exploits, oh, and don't forget this."

He handed Elliot the silver Clefairy Token.

"Thanks!" Elliot said, placing it in his gym case.

"Well we might as well head towards the Pokémon center, I don't think those Pokémon are going to heal themselves in there." The referee chuckled, leading Elliot back into the tunnel, amidst more cheers and boos.

"Right." Elliot said. It was only now that he became anxious for his next battle.

Last edited:

Fear_the_Lapras

Normal/Ice Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Exultant from his last match, Farran walked out of the stadium and back to the registration area. It also served as a Pokemon Center, so he wanted to let Cael rest up after his previous battle. His Pokemon rose above his expectations in his fight, and Farran silently thought that it was a good thing that he had caught the small guy.

Back in the main building, he was greeted by the Nurse Joy that ran the desk. He handed Cael's Pokeball to her, and was about to leave when she stopped him.

"You won your first match, right?" Nurse Joy asked. "Since you won, you have to register for the second match. Good luck!" She pointed to another desk, where a man dressed like a Ranger sat talking to Trainers.

"Second match already?" Farran muttered. "Well, it's a tournament, so it can't be helped." He strode over to the desk, and after the few Trainers in front of him went finished, he stepped forward to face the ranger.

"Are you here to register for the second match?" Farran nodded at the ranger's question. "I see. I'm Ranger Bill, and I'll be informing you of the second match's details. The next match will be a double battle, so you'll have to choose two of your three Pokemon to fight. Here's the screen to register; just type in your name and fill it out." He pointed to a screen beside him.

A double battle? It's good I have some experience in that… Farran thought. But what Pokemon to use? Cael's resting, so… yeah, that's the only choice.

After a minute, he finished signing in, and Ranger Bill indicated another screen where Farran's match details would appear. A moment later, his information was up; he would be fighting against a Trainer named Ant in the Fire Arena. He thanked the ranger and left to rest a bit in the waiting area. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the Pokeballs that housed Orion and Meowth and lay them in his palm, content at feeling their texture in his hand. He would have to nickname his Meowth later…

Before he could think of a name, a roar came up from a TV nearby. It showed a replay of one of the first matches, showing a boy with a Pikachu. He looked oddly familiar…

In a flash, he recognized him as Elliot, the kid he met earlier on the bus to Mount Moon. He smiled, watching him win his battle, and hoped that he could meet him again in the tournament later on. It had been fun battling him, and it probably would be even better in a tournament setting.

A loudspeaker blared overhead, shouting out the start of the second round in the tournament. Farran heard his name called in the Fire Arena, so he dutifully ran straight there, calming his mind and steeling it for the battle ahead.

As he entered the arena, the first thing he felt was the oppressive heat. He knew it was a fire arena, but it just didn't prepare him for the sheer hotness of the area. Sweating, he made his way to the arena, where the referee stood waiting. He noticed Farran, and announced his presence to the crowd. Now the opponent needed to show up. I wonder what he looks like, Farran thought.

Just then a teenager walked in the arena with slow, but serious steps. He looked about Farran's age, but had a firm demeanor that made him seem like he was unaffected by the heat around him. "So this is Ant," Farran said softly. "Let's see what he has…"

Once both Trainer were in the arena, the Referre told them to let out their Pokemon. Farran reached into his pocket and tossed out his two Pokemon. "Go! Meowth and Orion!" After a flash, both small creatures were on the rocky floor. It was Ant's turn, but he merely closed his eyes and tossed his Pokeballs into the air. A small yellow Pokemon appeared first, and Farran recognized it as a Pikachu. The second Pokemon came out, and it was one that made Farran stare in shock. It was a Charizard, a fully evolved Pokemon, and it looked hardy, as if it had experienced many battles before. Farran gulped, but hardened his resolve.

The referee observed that all the Pokemon were out, and yelled "Begin!"

"Alright Meowth! Show me your stuff and use Fury Swipes on that Pikachu!" With a hiss, Meowth sprang forward, baring her claws. Orion followed behind, but was wary of any approaching danger.

Ant smiled. "The first attack… I like that nature. Pikachu, Double Team." Meowth dug her claws into the yellow Pokemon, but it vanished as the attack hit. "A decoy!" Farran grimaced. Soon, the field was littered with Pikachu's copies. "Alright then, Meowth use Payday and search out the copies!"

Meowth put a claw to her forehead and touched the gold symbol on it; within seconds, small glowing coins were flying everywhere, clearing away many of the illusions. Soon, there was only one left. "That's the real one! Meowth, Keep up the Payday! Orion, get in there with a Headbutt too!"

His Meowth leapt forward, but a shadow loomed over her. Farran, sensing danger, looked upward, and saw that Ant's Charizard had flown up into the air, and was making a beeline straight towards the unsuspecting Meowth. He had forgotton his opponent's other Pokemon!

Ant gave a small smile. "That was careless. You should always know where each enemy is in a battle. Charizard, Flamethrower." The orange dragon opened its jaws wide and let loose a powerful stream of fire.

"Crap! Meowth, dodge!" But as she was in the middle of an attack, she couldn't change directions. Suddenly, a brown streak dashed from the sidelines and rammed into Meowth, knocking her aside. It was Orion! His momentum carried both of them out of the Charizard's attack. Farran gave a sigh of relief, but things weren't looking good. He was at a disadvantage already, and the added heat from the Flamethrower seemed to make the arena even more sweltering. He didn't know how long his Pokemon could last in these conditions. Ant's Pokemon didn't seem fazed at all by the environment, adding to Farran's worry.

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt. Charizard, fly up again and wait for my signal." At Ant's orders, Charizard spread its wings and soared upward, and Pikachu let out a cry and released a strong bolt of electricity aimed straight at Farran's disoriented Pokemon.

Luckily, they had recovered by then, so Meowth and Orion quickly leapt aside avoiding the bolt. Farran had to act fast. "Meowth! Quick Attack Pikachu!" Crouching down, Meowth shot like a bullet towards the Pikachu, aiming to tackle it hard. Just then, Farran noticed Ant grin.

"Not so fast." With a roar, Charizard descended from the sky and prepared to knock Meowth away before she could reach Pikachu. However, Farran had a plan for that.

"Orion! Sand Attack!" Orion had been running straight behind Meowth, so when the Charizard descended, Orion skidded to a halt and kicked up a cloud of dust as Charizard came close to the ground. The orange dragon roared in annoyance and made an emergency landing, scrubbing its eyes. Meowth was unhindered, and it knocked into the Pikachu, causing it to cry out in pain. Farran wasn't done yet. "Orion! Headbutt Charizard while its still disoriented!" Orion rushed at the enemy Charizard and rammed its chest. The enemy Pokemon coughed, but still stood firm. Pikachu wasn't done either.

After their attacks, Meowth and Orion ran back to their side of the field, awaiting their orders. They were breathing heavily, more because of the heat then from exertion, Farran realized. He needed to end this fast. But with his enemies barely hurt, what could he do?

Just then, a brilliant light appeared around his two Pokemon. After a moment, his Meowth and Zigzagoon had altered their forms to Pokemon Farran had never seen before. He pulled out his Pokedex and identified them: His Meowth had evolved into a Persian, and his Orion had evolved into a Linoone!

Farran noticed they had each learned a new attack as well. Things were about to get interesting.

"Oh? You're Pokemon evolved. Congratulations. But it won't be enough to stop my Pokemon." Ant raised his arm and pointed at the new evolved creatures. "Pikachu, Thunder."

"CHUUUUU!!!!!" The sky darkened, and the Pikachu called up into the clouds, sending enormous bolts of lighting down on the field.

"Orion! Persian! Dodge!" Both Pokemon leapt- no, sped away from the attack, dodging the bolts completely. Farran was shocked at the huge speed increase both of his Pokemon had obtained. "Persian! Use Night Slash on Pikachu while it's still recovering from the attack!" Persian dashed towards the Pikachu, and extended her claws, eyes narrow and mouth open in a snarl. Her claws seemed to darken, and in an instant, Pikachu was down, and Persian sat far away from her unconscious opponent, nonchalantly licking her paws and purring, almost mischievously. The referee noticed the result, and called that Pikachu was unable to battle. Ant returned the Pokemon, and shrugged.

A loud roar brought Farran's attention back to the other side of the arena. Ant's Charizard had seen its comrade's defeat, and was not happy about it. It flew up into the air, and opened its jaws, mouth brimming with a huge amount of fire.

"You made Charizard mad. Not wise," Ant sighed. "Well, you'll see. Fire Blast." At his command, Charizard let loose a massive ball of flame, intent on scorching the whole arena.

"No!" Persian had no time to dodge; she was engulfed in the flames instantly, knocking her out cold. As for Orion… Farran had to pray that his tactic would work. Persian had no means to defend against the fire, but perhaps Orion would.

The flames died out, and Charizard landed on the scorched field, intently staring at something. As the smoke dissipated, a gasp was heard among the crowd. Orion stood still… but parts of its body were covered in ice crystals. Farran relaxed. Orion's newly acquired Icy Wind had been a gamble to use, but it seemed to pay off.

Ant whistled, impressed. "I see… you covered your Pokemon in ice so that it would take less damage from the heat and fire. The ice would melt, dampening the fur to resist the attack. Nice plan." Charizard, however, didn't seem to share its Trainer's sentiment. It roared in fury, and began to rampage around the arena, trying to smash Orion with its tail, claws, or feet. Orion had defended against the attack, but it still took some damage. It was all it could do to leap out of the way.

Farran had survived this far… but it seemed that his opponent was too powerful now. Charizard was furious and had some light wounds, but Orion had suffered extensive damage. He pulled out a Pokeball and recalled Persian, while the referee announced the knockout, but his mind was still racing to find a strategy. But no matter how hard he thought, he could only grasp at nothing.

Ant, on the other hand, was dropping his solemn demeanor and was beginning to look angry. "Tch. Charizard's gone on an Outrage now. There's nothing that can stop it now. What a waste of training… one thing happens, and it loses its cool."

The Charizard's attacks just kept coming, and Orion dodged each one, but its movements became slower and slower. Farran could only watch in despair as his last Pokemon slowly moved towards defeat.

Moments later, Orion collapsed on the ground, panting and struggling to move. Farran saw Charizard's claw come down, as if in slow motion, connecting squarely into the smaller Pokemon's body and sending it flying. Miraculously, Orion was still conscious after the attack, but it was clear that it couldn't move anymore. Charizard stomped over to its fallen body, and raised its head, about to deliver a finishing Fire Blast.

Something snapped in Farran then.

He could hear the referee shouting something as he dashed out from the sidelines into the arena itself, but it was just noise to him. All he could think about was that his Pokemon, his partner, his friend was about to be hurt badly when he couldn't defend himself. Farran skidded to a halt in front of Orion, closing his eyes and trying to shield his body from the flames that would come down to finish them off.

"Enough."

The Charizard stopped in mid-attack. Farran opened his eyes slowly, to see Ant glaring at his Charizard, his eyes narrowed and in a steely glint. Cold rage seemed to emanate from his body; the Charizard sensed this and calmed down, backing away from Farran and Orion. Farran could only stand there and blink stupidly as he realized that he wasn't going to be roasted.

"Farran is disqualified!" The referee announced loudly, and Farran finally registered his voice. "Since the Trainer has left the sidelines and gone into the arena itself, he is loses the match even though his Pokemon is still conscious. Ant wins!"

There were a few cheers, but most of the crowd was talking wildly about what had just happened. Never had they seen a Trainer try to protect a Pokemon from being hurt in a match. Farran couldn't think; his mind was still registering what he had just done. He looked down at his feet and saw Orion, breathing hard, and automatically scooped him up into his arms.

"Return, Charizard!" The Charizard disappeared, and Ant came into the arena, shaking his head in disbelief. He approached Farran, and pointed a finger in his face. "What the hell were you thinking?! You could have been killed, you know!" He turned to the referee and called over to him. "Oi, I can't accept this win. The battle didn't end satisfactorily. Can't we do a rematch later?"

The referee shook his head. "Sorry, but rules are rules. Besides, you were clearly about to win the match. We've already marked you as the winner; there's nothing we can do."

Ant shook his head in disgust, and turned away, heading to the doors out of the arena. "Hmph. What a waste." But before he left, he turned back one last time to regard Farran, still cradling Orion in his arms. "That was some spirit there, though. I want to battle you later… and this time, I expect a good finish." With that, he left.

He didn't know how he left the arena, but when his mind settled, he found himself sitting in the lobby of the registration building, still holding Orion. He looked down at his friend, and still didn't believe what he did. He used to hate Pokemon, but now… seeing his first true friend about to get completely beaten, he just couldn't stand it. And that had cost him the match, and the tournament. He closed his eyes wearily as the adrenaline left his system, and hugged Orion's body closer to his chest. The Pokemon was sleeping now, and was clearly exhausted utterly from the match.

A roar from the lobby TV awoke Farran, and he saw Elliot, yet again; he had won his second round, from a close battle with his new Charmeleon and the opponent's Heracross.

Farran smiled sadly. "Sorry, it looks like I won't be able to face you like I wanted," he said softly. He closed his eyes and dozed off, losing himself in the sweet recesses of sleep.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    ((removed portion, as now irrelevant))

((OoC: short on purpose))

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Mijaan sat and watched the tv monitors, there were some impressive battles being fought in different stadiums, But the battle in the rock arena was yet to start.
    Nova and gaz had not yet turned up for the battle and people were waiting for it to go ahead. The referee was clearly not in the mood for waiting too long.

"Unfortunately, If nova does not appear soon then we'll have to conclude that they are both eliminated from the tournament." The ref announced, but the fans boo'ed at the referee, they werent happy.

Mij suddenly had an idea. He ran down towards the stadium and jumped over the barricade. He walked over to the referee and tapped him on the shoulder.
    "What if me and chris were to have our battle now? Nova and his opponent could have our later slot..." Mij smiled, he nodded over at chris who was sitting in the trainer's viewing area. The referee thought for a while and then walked over to another person. They spoke for a while and the referee came back to Mijaan, switching his mic on so that everyone could hear what was said.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Battle 1 of the rock stadium will be switched with Battle 2. Mijaan and Chris will now fight out their Round 2 battle!"

Mij punched into the air and readied himself. 'Alright... I have to use my registered pokemon.' he said. 'I'm glad I chose these two guys!' He watched as chris approached the stands. He was smirking and he simply nodded over at mij, who was slowly getting nervous. 'Chris is bound to use Growlithe...'

"Alright ref, we're ready." Chris said, not taking his eyes off his opponent. This made mij even more nervous and he stepped back abit, shuffling his feet. "Let's go."

The ref signalled for the battle to start and the fans went wild. Chris unleashed his two pokemon, Alakazam and Akie the Growlithe.

"Just as I predicted!" Mij said. He threw up two pokeballs, Revealing his choices as Seadra and Umbreon. The type match-up left a gasp in the crowd and chris clenched his fist whilst gritting his teeth. Seadra stared down Growlithe whilst Umbreon stared down Alakazam, Mij had clearly chosen the right pokemon for this battle.

"Unfortunately for you..." Chris seemed to loosen up and smirk once again. He closed his eyes and pointed at Umbreon, who was standing ready for battle. "Alakazam knows Aura Sphere!" he shouted. Alazakams eyes lit up red and a massive redish brown looking sphere of energy appeared infront of him, he seemed to be controlling it with the two spoons in his hands. He then pointed a spoon at Umbreon who seemed powerless to resist the incoming attack, upon trying to leap out of the way, Umbreon was struck down by the immense power of the fighting-type attack and knocked to the ground. He didnt seem like he was going to get up.

"Umbreon!" Mij called out all his dark type pokemon could do was move slightly whilst laid on the ground. Seadra looked on as this happened, Umbreon finally managed to climb to its feet as Arkie began charging towards him, on command.

"Seadra, Strike that Growlithe with a Bubble Beam!" Mij called out as he pointed to Arkie. Seadra responded with a quick nod and shot out a stream of bubbles at it's foe, who managed to leap above it and land behind Umbreon. Umbreon had closed his eyes and managed to heal himself slightly with the moonlight, then quickly turned around and struck Growlithe with a quick attack.
    Suddenly, Seadra was lifted into the air. Alakazam was using a Psychic attack on it. He tossed Seadra, but luckily it landed upright.

"Seadra!" Mij called out. "Hit it with Hydro Pump!" Seadra leaned back and then forth, shooting out a massive Hydro Pump attack at it's foe.
    "Reflect!" Chris commanded swiftly to his Psychic pokemon, who simply closed his eyes and a reflective forcefield appeared infront of him. The forcefield held off some of the attack but eventually broke down and Seadra was hit.

Arkie and Umbreon were striking eachother with Quick attacks one after another and they were just colliding off eachother.

"Arkie! Fire Fang! Alakazam, Psybeam!" Chris confidently called out to both of his pokemon at once. Mij watched as both of his pokemon were approached with attacks.

'Wait... Chris has turned this around. I was hoping to...' Then mij realised chris's strategy.

"Umbreon, Faint attack on Alakazam, Quickly!" He called out and umbreon disappeared, reappeared behind Alakazam, he jumped straight through him and knocked Alakazam's psybeam offcourse, striking the wall behind Seadra, who had turned her attention to Arkie.

"Seadra, this time we'll do it right!" Mij shouted. "Hydro Pump now!" Seadra's powerful Hydro pump was about to Collide with the growlithe when Alakazam suddenly teleported in the way.
    065alakazam.gif

Smack!
    Alakazam took the hit full on and was sent flying. Smashing into the barricade behind him. Umbreon and Seadra both turned their attention to Arkie who was still cowering from the incoming attack, he looked up and saw his friend had took the hit for him. Bowing his head, Arkie turned back to his opponents.

"Here Arkie, I've been saving this for you!" Chris called out as he threw a red rock over at his pokemon.

"Hey!" Mij shouted and turned to the referee who shook his head.

"It's perfectly legal, just watch." he called out his ruling as they all looked on. Arkie placed a paw on the small stone and suddenly began glowing. His figure grew alot larger and eventually the light faded.

"Woah!" Mij looked shocked as an Arcanine was stood looking towards his two pokemon. Arcanine was considerably larger than the growlithe that was stood in it's stead a few seconds earlier and it looked much more intimidating. "Take him out fast seadra!"
    arcanine2.png

Suddenly Arkie disappeared, and reappeared along side Umbreon who was struck to the other side of the arena, smashing through boulders along the way. Mij pulled out his pokedex and pointed it at Arcanine, which explained that it had just used Extreme Speed. Seadra looked up at her Firey foe and leaped back slightly.

"Alright!" Chris called out as Alakazam recovered some of its health and teleported along side Arkie. "Let's finish this off!"

But before anything else could be said, Umbreon stepped out of the rubble and shot a confuse ray at Alakazam who immediately closed his eyes and covered his face, but it was too late, he was confused. Umbreon was limping now and pain could be seen across his face but he wasnt about to give up.

"Umbreon, take alakazam down with faint attack." Mij yelled but chris simply countered by calling Arkie to use fire blast. The firey attack slowly closed in on Umbreon, but Seadra managed to douse the flames with a Water Gun attack. Umbreon was unharmed.

"What!?" Chris shouted. "What's going on!" He was looking at Arkie who had been lifted from the ground. Alakazam was using psychic on his own team mate! "Let him go!" And Alakazam did just that, but it was too late, whilst Arkie was suspended in the air, Seadra shot it with and impressive hydro pump attack and sent him flying.

Arkie was out cold and this enraged chris. Returning his pride starter pokemon he called out to his confused alakazam.
    "Alakazam! Snap out of this or we've lost! Use energy ball!" He shouted. Suddenly, Alakazam opened his eyes again and focused in on Seadra. His hands began to glow a green colour and he formed a ball of grassy energy infront of him and shot it at seadra.

The attack was powerful and super effective, it knocked seadra unconcious instantly. Mij returned seadra and, knowing he had the type-advantage, felt releived. Both pokemon, Alakazam and Umbreon, began to recover their HP.

"Alakazam, Our only chance is to use Aura Sphere!" Chris called out. His Alakazam stood firm and shot an incredibly powerful Aurasphere blast at Umbreon who simply stood in his place.

"Move Umbreon!" Mij called out, but it was too late, umbreon wasnt going to move.

Spoiler:

The two trainers shook hands. Mij smiled at chris who seemed slightly disappointed and shocked. They approached the referee who simply handed the victor a Winner's token.
    Both of them smiled at the referee and said nothnig. The fans were going crazy after that battle, now it was Nova and Gaz's turn! Mij knew this was a good time to go and scope out shelby's tournament battle, so he decided to go and check it out.

(ooc: Ending shortened due to lack of time. I'll extend it if i can.
    just wanted to get it done

SO battle 2 can commense now!

by the way, Nova and Gaz's battle is now a battle 2 instead of battle 1.
    )

BATTLE 2 GO!!!

Last edited:

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • The next morning, the noise of the stadium woke Gaz up, who stayed in a spare room at the Pokémon Center. Slowly getting out of bed, Gaz looked at the time and saw that it was twelve minutes past ten. Still early enough to collect his Staryu from the Pokémon Center while still having enough time to get to the stadium and relax before his battle. A while later, Gaz was ready for the day. Strapping his belt around his waist and heading out of the room. Outside of the room the hall was empty, most trainers had got up early to get some early morning training. Gaz on the other hand was different, he believed winning a battle is down to the trainer's decisions, not the Pokémons ability. So he didn't train his Pokémon as often as others.

Arriving down stairs, Gaz saw Nurse Joy at the Reception. He walked over and saw that his Pokéball was awaiting his collection at the desk. "Your Staryu is ready and healed." Said the Nurse Joy. Gaz collected his Staryu and thanked the Nurse, before heading out of the center and towards to the stadium.

Down the road from the Pokémon Center, many spectators were also heading to the stadium. Hearing many conversations, the battle between Shelby and Lola was the most hyped. Due to the strong Pokémon that will be on show. Gaz however believed not the strongest Pokémon would win, but the strongest trainer. If it was the other way round, he would of evolved Cosmo to an Arcanine by now, having had many chances to do so. Looking around at the excited fans, he saw a familiar face, making eye contact the mysterious person didn't look to pleased to see Gaz, who took a deep breath and walked onwards.

Upon reaching the stadium, it was packed. He realised why all the trainers had left early. Camera crews were all around the area with interviewers trying to spot any trainers about, even interviewing the fans to get some television coverage. Not one for the attention, Gaz quickly made his way to the trainers entrance and was granted access. Inside it was peaceful, with soft music played in the background for the benefit of the trainers entered. Looking at his watch, he had a couple of hours to use up before his first round battle.

A while later, Gaz was sitting in the trainers lounge after getting some breakfast. Not many trainers were around, more than likely in battle, watching a battle or getting some last minute training. However Gaz had a differant approach today, relax and watch the battles shown on the television ahead of him.

Watching some of the battles, Gaz learned more about the trainers that would be in the next round. But wasn't worried, as Nova was his current opponent with a powerful line up and as he thought about his battle, Nova's Round 1 Battle Highlights were shown on the screen.

After watching the highlights, Gaz looked at his watch and saw the time. Not noticing at first but looking again, he realised he was an late for his battle! So he rushed off of the sofa and headed to the Rock Battle Area Entrance, he rushed out of the entrance and towards the stadium. Seeing that the Round 2 Battle had just finished, the crowd saw Gaz enter as well as the ref, not looking to pleased. Gaz walked towards him and apologised for his lateness, the referee gave him the benefit of the doubt and Gaz took his place on the battle field, awaiting Nova's arrival.

In the stands to his right, Gaz noticed he had a small fan club. Seeing banners of his Growlithe next to his name. Gaz took it all in with one deep breath, and for the first time in a while his heart was beating faster and nerves started to creap up on him, despite relaxing in the lounge for two hours.

Gaz took his place by the rock field and placed his hand on his belt, eagerly anticipating the battle. As he done so, Nova's came out to the stadium and apologised to the ref. A louder cheer was received to him, than what Gaz had got. But it didn't bother him, it's all about who wins this battle.

The cheers got louder, the beating in his heart beated faster, the adrenaline rushed like it never had before. Gaz was always calm in battle, already knowing what he'd do two turns ahead. But this was differant, he was going to rely on instinct and just couldn't wait for the battle to begin.. and then it did. "Begin!" The referee bellowed out to the two trainers.

Gaz reacted first. "Keep your cool guys!" Gaz yelled out as he threw his two Pokéballs into the air. Out came the familiar Staryu, seen in Gaz's last battle and a Growlithe, his loyal companion and best friend. Gaz had a feeling of what two Pokémon Nova would choose and he was right. Nova sent out his two Pokémon, the emmensely strong four-armed Machamp and the strong fire-type Houndoom, standing proudly on the field. On the screen in the stadium, Gaz and Nova's Pokémon were shown next to their names and profile pictures.

battletpy.png

"Cosmo use Tackle on Machamp!" Gaz ordered to his Growlithe, wanting to get the first move in quickly. "Staryu cover him by using Water Gun on Houndoom." It all happened very quickly with Nova reacting timely. The Machamp wolloped Growlithe down with a Karate Chop. But with Nova reacting to Growlithes attack, Houndoom was hit with Staryu's Water Gun, but still stood strong, sliding back a little.

Growlithe didn't get up straight away, the crowd and referee thinking it may be out of the battle. But it got itself up in time, being the dependable Pokémon it is. The commentator was just as surprised as many. "Wow! What a hit from Machamp, stopping Growlithe in its tracks with such power!" Nova wasn't a bit surprised by his Pokémons power and was ready for Gaz's next wave of attacks in which he responded after a quick think.

"Cosmo Flamewheel on Machamp! Staryu use Water Gun on Houndoom." Gaz ordered his Pokémon. Growlithe's body began to burst into flame as he charged towards Machamp, while Staryu span it's body shooting water at the Houndoom with quick speed.

staryua.png

"Machamp block the water gun and Houndoom stop Growlithe!" Nova reacted and his Pokémon were quick at the orders, without fail. The Machamp stood before Houndoom, blocking the water. Houndoom then rushing infront of the Machamp to stop Growlithes Flamewheel attack, where the fire bursted up into a large sphere with the two Pokémon colliding. Nova wanted to get some damage on his opponant and made his next move. "Houndoom attack Staryu with Crunch while it's distracted. Machamp use the time with Focus Energy." The Houndoom jumps into the air and attempts to catch the Staryu in it's mouth but the star-like Pokémon span away and span towards the Houndoom using Rapid Spin to knock it back out of the way.

Noticing Machamp was focussing it's energy, Gaz ordered his Growlithe to use Bite to try and stop it. But couldn't attack quick enough as Nova then made his next move. "Machamp use Mega Punch on Staryu!" Machamp had a boost of power, rushing to the Staryu and with it's fists shining a glowing white, punched the Pokémon and sending it back across the rocky field, smashing against a rock boulder. Fainting it.

"Staryu is unable to battle." The referee announced, with Staryu's picture on the screen in the stadium having darkened now it's out of the battle. But Growlithe hadn't finished his attack yet and jumped at the Machamp, biting down into it's leg, injuring it and causing a lot of damage. Gaz then returned his Staryu and placed the Pokéball on his belt. But with the speed of this battle, Nova was already making his move, with Houndoom sending a burst of flame at Growlithe, but little to no effect. Gaz saw that this could be a turning point, with that Cosmo's fire-type moves could be boosted with it being hit by Ember.

Reacing quickly to this Gaz knew this was his last hope. "Cosmo use Flamewheel on Machamp!" He yelled out to his friend. The Growlithe's body bursted into flame once again, twice as large as it's last Flamewheel. Charging at twice the speed it smashed into the Machamps injured leg, causing it to fall down.

"Machamp is unable to battle." The referee announced. Upon the screen in the stadium, Machamps picture darkened much like Staryu's. Suddenly Houndoom came speeding towards Growlithe and crunching down onto it's fur body and sending it into a rock boulder ahead. Gaz and the stadium wondered if Growlithe would get up after such a critical hit and carrying the damage from Machamps earlier attack, but it slowly got up determined to carry on.

Nova returned his Machamp and now it was two fire-type's left on the field.

Gaz knew Cosmo couldn't take another hit so he had to gamble. "Cosmo use Flamewheel and finish this!" He bellowed out to his loyal companion, the Growlithe's body lit up in fire once again and charged towards the Houndoom. Nova didn't make an order yet to his Houndoom and awaited.

As the Growlithe came ever closer to the Pokémon Nova then made his move. "Houndoom, Fire Blast!" He confidently said to his Pokémon. Star-shape like fire came out of the Pokémons mouth and collided with the incoming Growlithe.

houndoom.png

The fire emploded with the reaction against each attacks sending a huge explosion of fire across the field.

Taking a minute for the smoke to clear, Houndoom was shown standing strong with Growlithe having fainted. Seeing this, Gaz took a deep breath. "Growlithe is unable to battle. Houndoom and Nova win!" The referee announced to the crowd. Gaz returned Cosmo to it's Pokéball, giving it a few encouraging words and thanking his friend.

The stadium was bursting into cheer, witnessing such a fast tempo'd and intense battle. Gaz walked towards the center of the field, as did Nova and they shook hands.

"That's probably the best battle I've ever had. I've learnt a lot about myself today." Gaz admitted to his opponant. Nova replied to him and the referee gave him his winners token. Both trainers then left the field in opposite directions.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As she waited, Shelby watched Farran's battle with Ant. Shelby was very impressed with how his Pokémon had stood up against Ant's Charizard and Pikachu. They're both really strong Pokémon, she thought. She was surprised when his Pokémon had evolved, and found that many people around her had come to watch the match on the TV screen. Shelby frowned at the Charizard, but then she saw Farran practically run right into the fire to protect his Pokémon. Several people next to Shelby gasped at the sudden event of Farran moving to protect his Pokémon. The match was over moments later. Shelby didn't have time to really recollect the battle, however, because soon it was time for her battle.

She followed the referee and a girl to the stadium. That must be Carol, Shelby thought as they both followed the referee. They stepped into a stadium soon, and Shelby figured it was right next to the fire arena because it was so hot. The sun was beating down directly on them both, but Shelby smiled slightly. A perfect day for a battle, she thought, walking to her end of the stadium. Carol went to the opposite end, and they stood and faced each other.

The referee quickly went over the rules of the match. Then he looked at both of them, pausing for a moment. The fans in the arena cheered. Shelby knew this was going to be a tough battle, but she felt a thrill of excitement run through her. "Alright…let the match…" the referee held his flags up in the air for a moment before swinging them down, "Begin!"

Shelby grabbed two of her pokeballs and tossed them at the stage. Carol did so as well. In four flashes of light, four different Pokémon appeared ready to battle. Shelby clenched her teeth as she saw the form of Carol's massive Torterra. She glanced over, figuring the next Pokémon before she even looked. It was Charizard, standing tall and roaring to the entire crowd. She then fixed her gaze on Quilava and Raichu, who looked formidably smaller and weaker compared to those two. No matter, Shelby thought, looking up at the field as a whole, I know we can do it!

"Quilava let's start this off with flamethrower on Torterra!" Shelby called, pointing to the overgrown Pokémon. Quilava opened his mouth, and a roaring burst of fire shot out and slammed into Torterra. At least, that's what Shelby thought. When the smoke from the fire cleared, Shelby saw that Charizard had moved in front of Torterra with a protective barrier formed around both Pokémon. It knows protect? Shelby thought wildly. She ground her teeth together. "Raichu, use thunderbolt on that Charizard while it's recovering from protect!" Shelby called.

"ROAI!" Raichu roared. It began to store a massive amount of energy in his cheeks, before he released the super-charged shockwave towards Charizard. Charizard flew up, dodging the attack. It slammed into Torterra, but it barely did any damage. Shelby looked over at Carol and noticed that she was calmly accessing this battle, waiting for the perfect time. I can't lose this match, Shelby thought.

"Charizard, use heat wave on Raichu," Carol called up to her soaring Charizard. Charizard roared, conjuring up a wave of pure fire. It slammed into Raichu. The attack led the battlefield to burn and set on fire. "Torterra use sunny day!" Carol called over to Torterra who was standing just outside the edge of the flames.

"Tor!" Torterra cried. Suddenly the sun intensified, beating down on all of the people in the crowd, the Pokémon, and the trainers. Shelby watched as the flames grew bigger, getting fanned by the sudden burst of sunlight and heat. Shelby looked at Quilava and noticed something unusual. The flames upon his back had grown to twice their normal size. Of course, she realized, looking up and noticing the same about Charizard's tail.

"Quilava, attack Torterra with a flame wheel! Raichu, you use double team to keep Charizard busy so it can't protect Torterra!" Shelby shouted. Faster than ever before, flames sprouted around Quilava's form. He charged directly towards Torterra's head. Charizard dove down to help Torterra, but a small army of Raichu slammed directly upwards and towards Charizard, cutting it off.

"Torterra use wood hammer!" Carol called, eyeing Quilava in an almost nervous way. Quilava paid no heed to the attack Carol had just ordered, and instead charged on ahead. Torterra roared and charged for Quilava, and the two met in a rumbling bang. Torterra's large tree slammed down upon Quilava, while Quilava's attack hit Torterra dead on its face. There was a small explosion, and Shelby was afraid to see what would happen when the dust cleared.

A cry from Raichu made her look over. Charizard had gone through all of the copies until it had hit Raichu with its claws. They had swirling energy around them, so Shelby understood that it was a dragon claw attack. Raichu got slammed into the ground, and the dust finally settled between Torterra and Quilava. Quilava looked pretty badly hurt, but Shelby also knew that Torterra took major damage both from the flame wheel and the recoil of the wood hammer. Raichu pushed himself up as well as Quilava. Torterra got up slowly, but Charizard still soared high in the sky.

If I don't turn this battle around soon, I don't think it will end well for me, Shelby thought. She didn't know what to do next. She knew that Raichu wasn't as bad as Quilava, but she wanted Quilava to stay in the game to take care of Torterra. Suddenly Charizard was diving towards Quilava. "Raichu!" Shelby shouted. Raichu got up and quickly moved in front of Quilava, his yellow cheeks sparkling with electricity. "Now!" Shelby shouted, pointing to the diving Charizard.

"ROAAAAI!" Raichu shouted, releasing the stored thunder bolt. Carol shouted something, but the crackling thunder made it hard to hear. Charizard pulled away from Raichu, but the attack still hit him. Charizard slammed into the ground, hitting the fiery grass as it did. Torterra roared angrily, glancing back at its trainer. Carol nodded, and suddenly Shelby paled.

"Raichu, you and Quilava get up higher!" Shelby shouted, fearing the massive attack coming next. She had a bad gut feeling. Suddenly Torterra roared. The stadium shook lightly. Finally it leaped up in the air and slammed down, creating massive shockwaves through the earth and sending them towards Shelby's Pokémon. No! It's over if it hits, Shelby thought, looking around for a way to keep them safe. There was a loud crumbling sound as the stadium's ground ripped in two, and then suddenly it was over.

The dust that had been blow out of the ground slowly settled. Some of the fans that had come to watch were standing up, straining to see. Shelby threw her arm in front of her face, shielding her eyes from the dust. Suddenly everything was clear. Torterra had slumped over, but Shelby wasn't sure if it was out or not. Charizard was high above the field, but was now flying back down. Shelby wasn't sure when it had gotten up, but she guessed it had. She looked for her Pokémon, and then saw them. Raichu was holding Quilava up, and his tail was planted on the stadium. Abruptly Raichu slumped, slamming against the ground.

Raichu sacrificed himself just…just to…Shelby thought with wide eyes. She heard the referee call Raichu down. Torterra had gotten up and wasn't quite out yet. She recalled Raichu, and heard the fans booing loudly. Quilava got up slowly, looking like he was about to fall over. "Quilava, don't—"

"LAVA!" Quilava shouted angrily. Quilava was looking at her. Shelby could have sworn she almost saw fire in his eyes when he did. Shelby nodded and then looked over at Torterra and Charizard.

"Give 'em a flamethrower!" Shelby called, pointing to the straining Torterra. Quilava called its name and then sent another jet of flames toward Torterra. Shelby sort of expected what would happen next. Carol ordered a protect attack, and the shroud surrounded both Pokémon. Quilava's flamethrower would have been a direct hit, but the barrier blocked it. Soon it was down, however. Shelby shouted an order. Quilava roared and sent another jet of flame towards both of the Pokémon.

"Torterra, let's finish this. Use earthquake," Carol said, snapping her fingers. Torterra roared, slamming its foot on the ground.

"Quilava!" Shelby cried.

There was a big bang as the fire slammed into Torterra and the shockwaves reached Quilava. The crowd gasped, knowing that it was over. There was a sudden blinding light that cleared the dust immediately. Shelby saw Quilava grow larger and larger, until it was standing on two legs. There was a massive flame on its back.

"BAKUN!" Typhlosion roared. Shelby saw that a lot of Typhlosion's wounds were healed. He stood strong and powerful, ready to take on Carol's Pokémon. When Shelby looked over, however, she noticed that Torterra was down for the count. The referee noticed this as well and called it. Carol huffed slightly and returned Torterra, leaving Charizard standing there looking fairly unharmed as well.

This is so going to be an epic battle, Shelby thought. "Typhlosion, let's kick it off with flamethrower!" Shelby called. Typhlosion nodded swiftly and sent a large burst of fire towards Charizard. Carol ordered something, and then Charizard pushed away from the ground and flew up into the air again. "Yeah, so what if Charizard is part flying?" Shelby muttered. "Typhlosion's the only true fire starter!" Typhlosion growled in agreement, moving its head so the fire slammed up into the air towards Charizard. Charizard evaded the attack by swerving sideways.

"Charizard, get close to Typhlosion and use dragon claw!" Carol called up to her soaring Pokémon. Charizard roared, a small puff of flame appearing from its mouth. Then Charizard dived down, flying at a rapid speed towards Typhlosion. As it flew, Charizard's claws began to get that green-ish blue energy around them. Charizard slammed into Typhlosion using both the force of his body as well as his claws. Typhlosion's feet scraped the ground as his back hit the tree.

"Grab its claws, Typhlosion!" Shelby shouted. Typhlosion smirked and suddenly latched his own paws on Charizard's claws. Charizard looked surprised. "Now hit it in the face with flamethrower!" Shelby shouted. The tide of the battle was slowly beginning to turn. As Typhlosion released the attack, some of the fans cheered in the stadium while others who were rooting for Carol booed. As the smoke from the heavy fire attack cleared, it was clear that Charizard had taken the attack dead on. Typhlosion panted heavily and waited for his opponent to get up.

"Charizard, I want this battle finished!" Carol shouted as Charizard slowly pushed himself up. "Overheat!" Carol called.

Suddenly Charizard began to glow orange. Shelby blinked slowly. Typhlosion doesn't have a strong attack like that…the only moderate one that could match up would be flamethrower, she thought. Shelby let out a breath to clear her head. "Just burn it to the ground, Typhlosion!" Shelby called. She had no idea what Typhlosion would do, but she hoped the Pokémon had a plan.

Typhlosion growled and suddenly the flames on his back burst to full power. The small flames that still resided on the trees and grass in the field flickered to life. Typhlosion roared to the sky while Charizard charged its attack. Then Typhlosion unleashed a flamethrower in the crack of the ground. Typhlosion didn't stop until the fire had turned into smoldering lava. Shelby watched slowly as Typhlosion then spun around on the field, burning everything in the area.

"What?" Carol whispered. She blinked, snapping out of her state and then looked at Charizard who was almost ready. "Ha! It's over!" She shouted over the bubbling lava and fire.

"BAKUN!" Typhlosion roared. Suddenly the fire exploded in an eruption from the ground. The heat of the stadium pushed the fire upward, just as Charizard's roaring overheat attack slammed down towards Typhlosion who stood in the middle of the volcanic-like field. The two attacks met in a clash of fire, sending a roaring wave of wind rushing away from the explosion. Some of the fans screamed and others hid down behind their seats.

There was a loud thud, but the remains of the blasts were still in effect. Shelby choked on the smoke and lifted her shirt over her mouth and nose. There was a gust of wind, and the smoke cleared. Both Pokémon were down and trapped under small bits of rock and stone.

"…Neither Pokémon is able to battle, therefore—"

"B-bakun," Typhlosion grumbled as he pushed himself up from the rubble. Shelby carefully looked over at Charizard, and saw that it hadn't moved. The fans slowly began to poke their heads up and look. Then, a loud cheer befell the crowd.

"Charizard is unable to battle, Typhlosion is the victor!" the referee called, waving down one of the flags. Shelby blinked and stared at Typhlosion. Typhlosion turned and looked at her. Shelby looked at the ground before her, and saw that it was still rather hot.

"Typhlosion!" Shelby called. Typhlosion hopped down to all fours and ran over. He leaped at her and slammed them both to the ground. "Ugh, you're fat," Shelby complained. She got Typhlosion to move and the patted him on the back.

"Kun, bakun!" Typhlosion said happily.

Carol recalled Charizard, and then walked around the side of the arena and to the referee. Shelby jogged over with Typhlosion at her heels. She stuck out her hand toward Carol, who shook it and smiled.

"That was an excellent battle," the referee commented, taking out one of the tokens. He handed it to Shelby and congratulated her. Shelby quickly stored it with the other two she had received. Then he turned to Carol and congratulated her on a match well fought. Shelby quickly returned Typhlosion, and then they walked off the stage and to the resting area. Shelby and Carol immediately headed up to Nurse Joy, keen on healing their Pokémon.

(OOC: Anyone care to bet me that Typhlosion doesn't say "bakun"?)

Last edited:

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
  • Nova had been walking around since his last match, feeling restless after dropping his pokemon off with Nurse Joy. Casting a glance at the time on a nearby clock, Nova gasped; he'd forgotten about registering his pokemon for the next round! Nova did a complete 360 and sped off towards the registrar, hoping he wasn't too late.

With the Ranger in sight, Nova slowed down, panting slightly. The guy looked rather irked, likely because of Nova's late arrival.
    "Nova. You need to register, you just barely made it before we forfeited the match to Gaz! Select your pokemon on the computer over there, and hurry! The match should've started 4 minutes ago!", the man stated, pointing to a computer next to him. Nova quickly entered in his name on the computer, and watched as his details came up. Nova entered the pokemon he was going to use, then walked away.
    'Phew, that was close...Ahh, I still need to go grab my pokemon!', Nova realized, then charged over to Nurse Joy.

She saw him coming, and withdrew a tray from below the counter, his pokemon were ready to go. Nova grabbed them, thanked the nurse, then ran off towards the rock arena. 'Okay, I'm all set...Let's hope this Gaz guy isn't too ticked off at me', Nova thought upon entering the arena. He had slowed to a fast walk, and apologized to the referee for his lateness.

Gaz reacted first. "Keep your cool guys!" ,Gaz yelled out as he threw his two Pokéballs' into the air. A star-shaped pokemon appeared, Nova recognized it as a Staryu, the other pokemon was more familiar to Nova, a Growlithe. Nova took a deep breath, then held his pokeballs for all to see.
    "Machamp, Houndoom. Let's go!" ,Nova called, releasing his two pokemon. Nova watched as the two trainers pokemon appeared on the screen.

"Begin!"

"Cosmo use Tackle on Machamp!" ,Gaz ordered to his Growlithe, he looked eager to start, "Staryu cover him by using Water Gun on Houndoom." Gaz's pokemon reacted quickly, and Nova responded with equal speed.
    "Machamp, get the Growlithe with Karate Chop! Stop it in it's tracks!" ,but with Nova reacting to Growlithes attack, Houndoom was hit with Staryu's Water Gun, but still stood strong, sliding back a little.

As Nova watched the puppy pokemon, he couldn't help but wonder if it was out already. Nova's thoughts missed the mark by a long shot, Growlithe got up slowly. The commentator was just as surprised as the crowd.
    "Wow! What a hit from Machamp, stopping Growlithe in its tracks with such power!" Nova wasn't a bit surprised by his Pokémon's power and was ready for Gaz's next wave of attacks in which he responded after a quick think.

Gaz ordered his Growlithe to attack with Flame Wheel and Water Gun. Growlithe's body began to burst into flame as he charged towards Machamp, while Staryu span it's body shooting water at the Houndoom with quick speed.

"Machamp block the water gun and Houndoom stop Growlithe!" Nova reacted and his Pokémon were quick at the orders, without fail. Machamp jumped in front of Houndoom, blocking the water. Houndoom ran around Machamp, intercepting the fire type, and then the fire burst up into a large sphere from the Pokémon's collision. Nova was tired of getting attacked, and made the next move, "Houndoom attack Staryu with Crunch while it's distracted. Machamp use the time with Focus Energy." ,Houndoom jumped into the air and attempted to catch the Staryu in it's mouth but the water type span away and span towards Houndoom using Rapid Spin to knock it back out of the way.

Gaz looked briefly at Machamp, noticing it was focusing it's energy. Gaz ordered his Growlithe, an attempt to stop focusing, it looked like. Growlithe couldn't attack quick enough, Machamp had finished charging energy and Nova made his next move. "Machamp use Mega Punch on Staryu!" ,Machamp gained a boost of power from focusing, then rushed to the Staryu and with it's fists shining a glowing white, punched the Pokémon and the Staryu flew across the field, finally smashing into a large boulder, fainting it. Nova grinned and pumped his fist, his side was doing quite well.

"Staryu is unable to battle." The referee announced, with Staryu's picture on the screen in the stadium having darkened, signaling Staryu's defeat. But Growlithe hadn't finished his attack yet and jumped at the Machamp, biting down into his leg, injuring him and causing a lot of damage. Gaz then returned his Staryu, but with the speed of this battle, Nova was already making his move, with Houndoom sending a burst of flame at Growlithe, unfortunately since it was a fellow fire type, there was minimal damage received. Nova frowned slightly, he hadn't thought of resistances.

Gaz reacted quickly, this was his last chance, "Cosmo use Flamewheel on Machamp!", the Growlithe burst into flame once again, a powerful looking Flamewheel was about to hit. Charging at an alarming speed, it smashed into Machamps' injured leg, causing him to fall down. Nova watched as Machamp met the ground, sighing once it did.

"Machamp is unable to battle." The referee announced. On the screen in the stadium, Machamps picture darkened. Nova reached for Machamps' pokeball, thanking it for a good job as it was engulfed by red light. Nova returned his attention to the battle, nodding at Houndoom. Houndoom jumped into action, Gaz looked surprised that Houndoom had attacked without receiving orders, and could only watch as Houndoom sank his teeth into the smaller pokemon, a devastating Crunch attack. All eyes were on Growlithe, waiting for a result. Growlithe struggled to regain his footing, and once it did, the battle resumed.

Nova figured that 'Cosmo' couldn't take another hit, so he chose to wait for Gaz to move.
    "Cosmo use Flamewheel and finish this!" He bellowed out to his pokemon, the Growlithe's body lit up in fire once again and charged towards Houndoom.

As the Growlithe came ever closer to Houndoom, Nova then made his move. "Houndoom, Fire Blast!" He confidently said to his Pokémon. Star-shape like fire came out of the Pokemon's mouth and collided with the incoming Growlithe. As the attacks collided, a huge explosion of fire washed across the field.

Taking a minute for the smoke to clear, Houndoom was shown standing strong with Growlithe having fainted. Nova sighed, his second round had ended in a win.
    "Growlithe is unable to battle. Houndoom and Nova win!" ,the referee announced to the crowd. Both sides recalled their pokemon, thanking them for their efforts.

The stadium burst into cheer, witnessing such an intense battle. The two trainers walked towards the center of the arena.

"That's probably the best battle I've ever had. I've learned a lot about myself today." Gaz stated. Nova nodded and smiled. The referee came between the two, presenting Nova with his token. Nova waved a goodbye to Gaz, and walked away from the arena, with a grin.Being quite satisfied with the match, Nova retreated to the pokemon center, his pokemon had some healing to do.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Jake watched the names appear on the screen. He found his name swiftly, and saw that it was matched up with a girl named Jade. He also saw he was in the Fire Arena. Farran was one of the people with at the lab with him, and she battled before him against some kid named Ant.

Her name sounds tough even. Hopefully she can give me a good challenge for this round. Maybe I'll pull off this double battle, we'll see I suppose…

Jake walked towards the arena slowly with Aether riding on his shoulder once more. He walked past a lot of item stands, when one of the merchants shouted Jake over to him.

"I see you have that Eevee on you kid, and I have evolutionary stones here that all evolve Eevee!"

"Really? That actually sounds pretty good, how much are they?"

"Two battle coins from the tournament! Each one has their own specific type, ranging from water to psychic types!"

A Psychic type! Wow, I didn't even know Eevee's could evolve into that type. Well, a powerful Psychic type could provide a strong back bone for my team.

"Which ever one makes Eevee a Psychic type hold on to for me. I'll be back when the tournament is over."

"Sure thing kid!"

Jake continued down the road and right to the entrance of the Fire Arena. He saw a large TV screen broadcasting Farran and Ant's match. Jake ran in quickly, seeing that it was Ant's Charizard and Farran's Linoone left in the battle. A giant flame came up, and Farran left her corner to protect Linoone, which swiftly received a disqualification.

Darn, I was hoping that she was going to win too.

Jake continued towards the corner where Farran once stood. The heat from the fire was extreme, and sweat was running down his cheeks. He saw Jade staring at him from the opposite side.

"Ready to go Jake?" Jade asked with a smile.

"You bet I am," Jake responded.

The referee stood back on his stand and announced the rules. "This will be a double battle, with each trainer using two Pokemon at once. There will be no substitutions. And to clarify, leaving your corner is an instant disqualification. Now….COMMENCE!!!!"

Jade threw her two Pokeballs into the air, where a red armored bug and a floating ghost appeared.

"You like my Scizor and Haunter? Jade asked with a smirk.

"Sure?" Jake answered sarcastically. "Anyways, Hypnotic and Tactical come on out!!!"

Out of the bright white light, Tactical the Nidoran and Hypnotic the Poliwag both appeared. Both looked extra excited for the match, as they knew that they were well experienced in the art of double battling.

These two have great synergy, and hopefully I can pull that out of them today. That, and with Hypnotic's resistance to the heat, maybe I can endure the conditions longer than them.

"Scizor use Steel Wing on Nidoran! Haunter use Shadow Punch on Poliwag!"

"Both of you dodge the attacks!!!" Jake ordered.

It was too little too late for Tactical. Scizor came in at high speeds, and didn't have the time to react for a dodge. It was thrown against a rock, which shattered from the force of the blow. Hypnotic, on the other hand, had ample time to dodge. Little did it know that Shadow Punch never missed, and therefore couldn't dodge it. It caught up to Hypnotic and struck it into the ground.

Speed and accuracy. Crap, this isn't good for me. Looks like dodging won't happen, and I just have to counterattack.

"Water Gun on Haunter! Poison Sting on Scizor!" Jake called out.

Both projectiles flew at Jade's Pokemon quickly. Jake appeared to have the upper hand, until Jade had some quick thinking.

"Quick Attack Scizor! Haunter Shadow Ball!"

Scizor dodged the Poison Sting swiftly and landed back in its original spot. Haunter, on the other hand, launched a shadowy blob at the Water Gun. They collided, and the sheer force imploded. Both Pokemon were shot back.

"Use this chance! Poison Sting Tactical!"

"Haunter get up! Scizor uses Aerial Ace on Poliwag!"

Both trainers uses the opportunity to attack the injured Pokemon. Tactical's Poison Sting hit Haunter's weak defenses with a lot of power. Scizor's Aerial Ace threw Poliwag through multiple stones. Both Pokemon managed to get right back up though.

"This would be a good time for our combination attack! Do it you two!" Jake ordered out.

"What are you talking about!!!" Jade screamed.

Tactical hopped on Hypnotic's head once more, and they charged towards Scizor. It was causing too much trouble for the two to handle.

"Scizor, Metal Claw now!!!"

The tower of Pokemon collided directly with Scizor before it launched its Metal Claw attack. Scizor was instantly shot into the wall behind it, while Tactical was thrown off of Hypnotic's head, leaving Hypnotic unharmed from the attack.

"Shadow Ball on Nidoran Haunter!!!"

"Water Gun Hypnotic!!!"

The two attacks collided once more, and again imploded on the two of them. Haunter was thrown into the wall, while Hypnotic was thrown into the ground. The judge looked at the two Pokemon as both struggled to get up. Haunter fell back down though.

"Haunter is unable to battle! It is now Poliwag and Nidoran vs Scizor! COMMENCE!!"

"Scizor, Quick Attack Nidoran now!!!"

"Poison Sting Nidoran!!"

Nidoran shot its Poison Sting at Scizor, but it did nothing. Scizor is part steel type, and poison moves have no effect. Scizor hit Tactical head on, throwing it through multiple rocks. Tactical couldn't get up.

"Nidoran is unable to battle! Poliwag vs Scizor….COMMENCE!!!!"

"Bubble Hypnotic!"

Hopefully I can kill its speed a little bit…

"Steel Wing Scizor!!"

Scizor charged into the Bubble attack head on, but Jake's strategy was working. It was losing a lot of speed from Bubble's side effect. Sadly for Jake, it wasn't enough for the moment. Hypnotic was hit head on into a rock again.

"Hypnotic!!!!" Jake called out.

Hypnotic struggled to stand up, but it reached its feet huffing and puffing. Suddenly he was engulfed into a bright white light. (OoC: Good lord alliteration XD)

"No way!!!" Jade called out.

"Yes way!" Jake shouted excitedly.

Hypnotic started to grow in size, losing its tail and growing arms and hands. His legs extended and his head changed shape. It finally came out of the light. Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl!!!

"Well then, COMMENCE!!!" The judge yelled.

This is going to make the battle a lot more fun for me…

"Water Gun Hypnotic!!"

Hypnotic's new Water Gun had at least 5 times the power of that when it was a Poliwag, and it had a lot more speed. It flew into Scizor head on towards the fire, but a rock stopped it from falling in. Scizor scurried away from the fire as quickly as possible. It seemed to be a little relieved from the coolness of the water though.

That's it!! Scizor hates fire!! My water attacks are just cooling it down, well new strategy time!"

"Steel Wing Scizor!!"

"Use Double Slap Hypnotic, and make sure to aim it so Scizor gets near the fire!"

Both charged each other at around equal speeds. The two Pokemon's attacks collided head on. Sadly for Scizor, Hypnotic's attack seemed to prevail, as it hit multiple times instead of just one. Scizor wasn't taking much damage, but it kept getting closer and closer towards the fire, until it was on the very edge of the pit. Scizor started to lose its balance, and Jake decided to take advantage of this.

"Pound Attack now!!!"

Hypnotic Pounded Scizor into the hot lava, where it instantly flew out of the lava. Scizor was overwhelmed by the intensity of the heat, and collapsed where it landed.

"Scizor is unable to battle!!! Jake and Poliwhirl are the winners!!!!"

Jake charged towards Hypnotic on the field, where he was immediately overheated and sweating. Hypnotic shot a few Bubbles out to cool him off.

"That evolution couldn't have happened at a better time, and I'm so proud of you!!!"

Jade walked towards Scizor and pulled out its Pokeball. She first gave it a big hug, and then returned it. She continued towards Jake.

"That was a risky move. Scizor could have been hurt. I'm glad it isn't, but still!!" Jade said in a scolding manner.

"I'm sorry I guess then…" Jake said hesitantly. He knew his victory was won fair and square, so he didn't care much at all.

The referee approached Jake, holding another coin in his hand. He extending it towards Jake, and dropped the coin in.

"Congratulations, you are moving on to Round 3!"

"Thanks," Jake said. He liked the occasional praise.

Jake walked out of the Arena with Hypnotic by his side. He was clenching his crucifix around his neck, and his mind was racing.

I'm really doing it mom. I just wish you could be here…

A tear ran down Jake's face, but it wiped it quickly so no one would see it. He saw the Stone Seller a couple yards away, and promptly went up to him.

"Oh, you have a Poliwhirl too eh?" He started. "A Water Stone or a Kings Rock can evolve it. One will make it part fighting type, the other will keep it as a pure water type."

"Well, I've got two coins now-" Jake started.

"They can be redeemed after the tournament, so I'm afraid you will have to wait a little bit longer."

"Oh, well then hold onto that one for Eevee and a Water Stone for Poliwhirl."

"Sure thing kid, good luck in your next match!!"

Jake walked back towards the Pokemon Center to heal up Tactical and Hypnotic. They were both hurt pretty badly in their fight, and he knew they needed it. He handed the Pokeballs to Nurse Joy, and he sat on the couch to relax.

Fighting type, eh? Well, that could come in handy. Two more victories, here I come!!!

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    RP Master Announcement:

Hey there guys!
    Since PC (Poke Community) is running rather slow lately... (that + a slow internet connection due to my ISP) means that I havent been able to keep my eye on the forums as usual..
    That, means I usually get fed up of clicking refresh until it finally loads the webpage -_-

I heard that PC was having a few problems lately, so let's hope they are resolved soon.
    But either way, The RP will not stop, Everything will be running as normal..
    Just considerably ... Slower.. -_-

Nonetheless... The tournament shall go ahead as planned.
    Next round will mean the elimination of some RPers, as we edge closer to the final :)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Announcement: The draw for the next round has been made. The next round has not started yet, You may meet with your fellow trainers and discuss your battles in the mean time. An announcement will be heard shortly. Thank you.

The four arena walls will be lowered, the stadium will be 4x bigger than you previously fought in, and consist of all four elements.

BATTLE 1: JESS vs SHELBY

BATTLE 2: NOVA vs MIJAAN

BATTLE 3: ELLIOT vs JAKE

BATTLE 4: GAV vs ANT

The winner of Battle 1, will face the winner of Battle 3 in the Semi Final.
    The winner of Battle 2, will face the winner of Battle 4 in the Semi Final.

FAN FAVORITE POKEMON OF ROUND 2:

Nova's Houndoom
    houndoom.png

Reward: Extra Winner's token

Mijaan stood and watched as the next few battles were announced, along with the Fan's Favourite. It would seem that his opponent's pokemon performed the best last round.
    'Not good..' Mij thought as he continued to watch the announcement screen in the trainer's lounge. It was the quarter finals now and Mij was hoping to atleast face shelby before the tournament was over. 'Looks like she's got jess then..'
    After replay clips were shown on the screen, it seemed the highlights were hyping up Ant and Gav's match as the biggest battle of the tournament so far.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Brock appeared on the screen.
    "Ladies and gentlemen. The rules for round 2 will now be announced.
    Each trainer can now add an additional pokemon to his tournament registration team, Bringing your registered pokemon total to 4.
    If you do not have 4 pokemon, please contact Nurse joy and you will receive a rental pokemon for the duration of the tournament."

An image of a few pokemon scroll along the screen, Buneary, Rattata, Pidgey, Goldeen, Oddish... the images fade..

"You will select 3 out of your 4 pokemon to battle against your opponent.
    Much like the battles that I hold in my gym, the rules we be three complete 1 on 1 battles against your opponent, where both trainers return their pokemon at the end of each battle and choose another pokemon from their selected 3, until two battles are won and a winner is decided."

Round 3 will begin soon, Brock's image fades and more replays of previous battles are shown.

Mijaan knew exactly what he was about to do, He ran over to the registration desk and registered princess for the tournament. This time it was brock sitting at the desk.
    "Uhh.. werent you just on tv?" Mij questioned and brock laughed. "It was a pre-recorded message!" Mij said as he realised.
    "So, which 3 pokemon will you register?" Brock asked mij, who didnt seem to have any idea, but then he quickly wrote three pokemon down on the form brock had in his hand. "Good luck!" Brock said smiling, as mij walked away.
    'I wonder what will happen in round 3'... Mij thought.

Registration, go!

Winners Token Prize Changes

Stone Store

Moon Stone 2
    Fire Stone 2
    Thunder Stone 2
    Water Stone 2
    Leaf Stone 2
    Glacier Stone 2
    Dusk Stone 2
    Sun Stone 2
    King's Rock 2
    Dragon's Scale 2

Travel Stand

Bike 3
    Mount Moon Rail Pass 2
    Skateboard 1

Pokemon

Eevee 4
    Charmander 5
    Bulbasaur 5
    Squirtle 5
    Cyndaquil 5
    Chikorita 5
    Totodile 5
    Torchic 5
    Treecko 5
    Mudkip 5

TM Stand

TM - Fire Blast 3
    TM - Flamethrower 2
    TM - Blizzard 3
    TM - Ice Beam 2
    TM - Earthquake 4
    TM - Psychic 4
    TM - Thunder 3
    TM - Thunderbolt 2
    TM - Doubleteam 1
    TM - Rain Dance 1
    TM - Sunny Day 1
    TM - Hail 1

Last edited:
    Years
  • As the announcement was played, Shelby immediately began to think hard about which Pokémon she was going to enter as her fourth. She knew that a lot of people were probably going to expect her to use Pidgeot, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to or not. Another thing she noticed was her next opponent; Jess. She clenched her teeth as she thought of the previous battle she had fought with that same girl. That was when we were inexperienced though, she reasoned with herself, now I'm sure we at least stand a chance.

Suddenly her stomach rumbled. Shelby blinked and grinned sheepishly. Then she snuck away from the people who were gathered around the TV and headed off towards the food stand. She hadn't realized that she was hungry until after her battle, so she figured that she could take a quick lunch break and look around a little while before heading back to the stadium to battle. She had to admit, she was a bit nervous for this battle. She didn't want to lose, but knew that there was a big possibility that she could.

Soon she came up to a food stand again. She got something to eat and drink, and then she headed towards the Pokémon Lounge. She looked at some of the other people's Pokémon before heading to a larger area (obviously for larger Pokémon) and releasing her entire team.

Marshtomp sprang out happily crying its name. Eevee yawned and cuddled up close to Shelby. Typhlosion lay down in the sunlight, basking in the warm heat. Nidoking sat down close to Shelby, eyeing her food. Pidgeot flew up to a tree that was conveniently located there. Finally, Raichu came out with little sparks generating around it. Shelby leaned back against Nidoking's large foot, and observed her team.

I need to know which Pokémon I'm going to enter, Shelby thought. She knew that she probably wouldn't enter Eevee—she was still too young and inexperienced. So that left Marshtomp or Pidgeot. If I face Jess, I'd probably want to use Pidgeot, she thought, taking a bite out of the pizza she had gotten. Then again, I want Marshtomp to get some experience too, she groaned and smacked her head against Nidoking's leg. Nidoking grumbled and looked at her curiously.

Soon she had finished her food and was simply watching Eevee climb all over Nidoking. She stroked Typhlosion's coarse fur and thought. Typhlosion lifted his head and set it on her knee, looking up at her questioningly. Shelby then knew which Pokémon she was going to use. She stood up, Typhlosion following her. Then she recalled each of her Pokémon.

"I think I'll go check out the stands," she murmured to herself as she walked out of the lounge and to the little booths and shops that had been set up. Shelby walked past the food, until she saw a sign that caught her eye. It advertised Pokémon for tokens. She thought about the three tokens she had as she approached the crowd that had gathered around the booth. There were several Pokémon there. Shelby took out her Pokedex and recorded the information on them.

She saw that there was a Charmander, Chikorita, and Mudkip out of their pokeballs. She looked closer and saw that the sign advertised almost all of the starters as well as Eevee. Wow, Shelby thought. She noticed that there were several other pokeballs on display, and she figured that they were the other starters. The crowd began to dwindle, heading off in separate directions.

"Hello miss, what would you like to look at?" the guy asked. He carefully recalled the three that were already out.

Shelby shook her head. "I'm not really sure. I sort of want to balance out my team, so I'd probably want a grass type. Well, that is, if I even make it far enough to get the amount of tokens," she said, noticing the "price" for the Pokémon.

"Haha, well, here they are." He pressed the buttons on each of the pokeballs with a leaf on it. In three flashes of light, a Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and another Pokémon Shelby hadn't seen before appeared. She checked her Pokedex and found it was called a Treecko. Bulbasaur looked to be a bit aloof, happily looking around and not really paying much attention to anything. Chikorita looked at her curiously. Treecko began to cause trouble, hopping around and goofing off.

"Wow," Shelby murmured, looking at each of them.

"As you can tell, they each have very…interesting…" the man grabbed Treecko, "ahem, personalities." Shelby smiled a bit and agreed. Chikorita cocked its head to the side curiously. "That one there is a female. The other two are males. It's hard to come by a female starter," the man stated proudly.

"I think I've heard of that," Shelby said. "Well, if I manage to scrounge up enough tokens I'll drop by again and decide." The man nodded and recalled the Pokémon. Shelby turned and walked away from him, heading back towards the stadium so she could register her Pokémon.

I really liked that Chikorita, she thought as she walked through the doors. She saw Mijaan at the desk, but before she got there he had been swallowed up by the crowd. I wonder what Pokémon he's going to use, she thought as she walked up to Brock.

"Hello, which three Pokémon would you like to register?" Brock asked.

[FONT=&quot]"I want this one to be my fourth," Shelby said, scribbling the name of the Pokémon down. "And I'll put these three in battle," she said, writing the other three names. Brock nodded and said good luck to her. "Thank you," Shelby said as she turned and walked away, thinking about how to go about her upcoming battle.[/FONT]

Last edited:

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
  • As Nova watched the announcement play on the screen, he couldn't help but grin as Houndoom was displayed as the fan favorite for the round. Nova took special interest in the fact that the arena will be not only be four times as big, but also will have four different elements to fight in! As Nova's excitement for the next round built, he didn't see who his opponent would be, much to his dismay. However, immediately following the round pairings, Brock appeared on screen, explaining the rules for the nest round. Nova frowned as he heard he would have to register a fourth pokemon, 'I don't have a fourth pokemon trained…oh well, at least I don't have to use the fourth', Nova thought, then abruptly turned around and exited the area.

Nova stared towards the sky as he walked, trying to determine what to do with the free time. Then, from the corner of his eye, Nova caught a flash of light. Looking over at the source of the light, he saw Shelby speaking to some pokemon, presumably hers. 'Hmm, so that's the Nidoking that was favorite of round 1 huh? Looks strong, hope I don't end up facing it next round. That's not a bad idea she's got there, I think I'll send out my pokemon too! In a different area, of course', Nova thought, then proceeded to walk towards a ring of trees in the distance, the cover looked good, and it was out of the way too. Nobody would be bothered too much by Gyarados, hopefully. As Nova jogged over, he figured it couldn't hurt to release his smaller pokemon, and retrieved a pair of pokeballs from his belt, and threw them out in front of him. Aipom and Skitty appeared in a small red flash, hopping excitedly.
    "Aipom!", Nova's favorite little monkey cried out. The trainer simply laughed at Aipom's antics, while sweat dropping at the cat's behavior. She seemed to be showing off something that was beyond Nova's ability to comprehend. Nova redirected his gaze towards his target area, which was getting ever nearer. Skitty seemed a bit irked that her OBVIOUS beauty was being ignored. Nova payed no special interest, however, and continued jogging.

Not a minute later, and the trio were at the ring of trees.
    "Hey, come on out! Gyarados, Houndoom, Machamp!", Nova said. 3 bursts of light signaled the appearance of the powerhouses of Nova's team. Looking over each of his team members, Nova decided to speak. "Okay, for Round Three, I have to choose a fourth pokemon to register. So that means, along with Houndoom, Machamp, and Gyarados, one of these two will have to enter also. Your thoughts, guys?", Nova declared as he pointed to his two small pokemon. The three larger pokemon looked over both Aipom and Skitty. The cat looked positively terrified in the face of the menaces that were her teammates, it soon became apparent she wasn't the right choice at all, and the pokemon seemed to agree, casting disapproving looks towards Skitty. Aipom, on the other hand, was busily hopping around, punching the air with both hands and tail. 'He is very…energetic, to say the least. He looks like a fighter, at least', Nova glanced a Machamp, who nodded back at him, Aipom had the approval of Machamp. 'A good start', Nova thought.

"Alright, Aipom! You are in the line-up!", Nova said, patting Aipom on the shoulder. Aipom giggled for a few seconds, then Gyarados roared her approval as well. Everyone in the area flinched except Machamp and Aipom, surprisingly. Aipom hopped up and down again, then climbed to the top of Nova's head, grinning.
    "Hey, what're you doing up there?", Nova asked as he attempted to remove the pokemon from his head. Aipom clung to Nova's head as if it were a banana, minus the eating part, of course. Nova gave up on removing Aipom, and just as he was about to head back, a familiar red-head appeared.

"Hey, Nova! You're doing pretty good, I see!", Lucien complimented.
    "Yeah, you could say that, did you enter also?", Nova asked, redirecting the focus to Lucien, he didn't like being the center of attention. Lucien shook his head no, claiming he was only here to eat and watch matches. Nova sweat dropped at this, but didn't press any further.
    "Ah, hey, I have to go register my fourth pokemon for Round Three, wanna come?", Nova asked. Lucien nodded, and Nova returned his pokemon to their pokeballs.
    "So, what was with that Aipom sitting on your head?", Lucien asked, slightly laughing, it must've looked funny.
    "Nothing special, he just wouldn't come off so I left him there", Lucien nodded again, and the walk towards the registrar was filled with silence.

As Nova and Lucien got ever closer to the registering area, Nova pulled his pokedex from his pocket. Lucien looked over to see what Nova was checking, and found a picture of Aipom on the screen. Lucien sighed, remembering Aipom's reaction towards him earlier. Just as Nova finished the check, he looked up to see someone registering, it looked like Mijaan, but he couldn't be sure, 'I wonder if he's my next opponent?', Nova thought to himself. As Nova closed the distance between them, the person in question turned and left. But another familiar face greeted him, Shelby. Although, she too finished registering before Nova and Lucien got there. Then, another familiar face was found, Brock!
    'Absolutely crazy…and wasn't Brock on TV just a little bit ago? How would he get set up so quickly? Weird…', Nova pondered.

"Hey, I would like to register my fourth pokemon, here it is, and here are the three I will use in the battle", Nova said as he wrote down his choices. Brock thanked him for registering, as Nova turned to walk away, Lucien following right behind.
    "Lucien, you had better watch. You might miss out on some epic battles", Nova said calmly.
    "Don't worry, I have no intention of missing Round Three", the redhead replied.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • I hurried to the Pokemon Center with excitement. My team was doing very well and I was very proud of them.

"Can I help you?" Nurse Joy asked.

I quickly looked up and took Landscape's and Brakken's Pokeballs off my belt and placed them on a tray. "Yes, can you heal my two Pokemon please?" I asked.

"Of course," Nurse Joy said with a nod. She took the tray of my Pokemon and hurried into the other room.

I just turned to look at the TV monitor that was in the lobby.

"The second round matches are now concluded!" the announcer said. "We will now announce the battles for the next round - match one will be Jess against Shelby, match two will be Nova against Mijaan, match three will be Elliot against Jake, and match four will be Gav against Ant."

My jaw dropped as I realized I would be competing against Shelby. I remembered the first battle against her and I easily won that, but when I was a Dark trainer, I was defeated by her and Mijaan. She had grown strong over the time that we battled and I inticipated that she had caught and even evolved a few of her Pokemon. I heard about the evolution of her Pidgeotto into Pidgeot as well as the evolution of Quilava into Typlosion, but what about her other Pokemon? She was a strong trainer and I had to accept that. There was a good chance I wouldn't make it through this round.

"Ladies and gentlemen. The rules for round 2 will now be announced. Each trainer can now add an additional pokemon to his tournament registration team, Bringing your registered pokemon total to 4. If you do not have 4 pokemon, please contact Nurse joy and you will receive a rental pokemon for the duration of the tournament." I looked up at the monitor as Brock, Gym Leader of Pewter City appeared. "You will select 3 out of your 4 pokemon to battle against your opponent. Much like the battles that I hold in my gym, the rules we be three complete 1 on 1 battles against your opponent, where both trainers return their pokemon at the end of each battle and choose another pokemon from their selected 3, until two battles are won and a winner is decided."

So I was allowed to use another Pokemon. I didn't want to include Fang because he's my newly caught Pokemon, so I should use Victor in my next round.

I turned back to the counter just as Nurse Joy returned with my Pokeballs. "Oh, here are your Pokemon," she said with a smile. I placed the Pokeballs on my belt and turned back to Nurse Joy.

"Could I register my fourth Pokemon please?" I asked.

"Of course," Nurse Joy said sitting down on the seat and beginning to type something into the computer. "What Pokemon is it?"

"A Beedrill," I said. "With the nickname Victor."

Nurse Joy nodded and typed it into the computer. She then looked up to me. "All set." she said. "What Pokemon are you going to use for the next round?"

I leaned down and whispered my choices into her ear. She nodded and typed it in.

"Thank you," I said. I turned around and walked out, ready for the next match against Shelby.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • (OOC: This is the battle between Shelby and Jess.)

Finally after what seemed like hours, it was Shelby's time to battle Jess. She stood and walked over to the referee. On the other end of the stadium, she saw Jess standing there. Another referee was talking to her. Shelby's referee led her to one end of the stadium, and suddenly Shelby was standing there facing Jess. She beat Brock where I didn't, Shelby thought. She silently observed the field, she also beat me. Suddenly there was an uproar from the crowd, and without even realizing it the match had begun.

Jess had taken a Pokeball off her belt before Shelby realized it and threw it forward. In a flash of incredibly bright light, her Beedrill buzzed in the air looking ready for the battle. That Beedrill is strong, Shelby thought. It overcame its weaknesses the first time I battled, but this will be different. Shelby took a Pokeball off her belt and threw it forward. In a flash of light, Marshtomp appeared on the field, happily calling out its name.

"Let the match begin!" the referees shouted and the crowd roared.

Shelby regarded the Beedrill carefully. Alright, this Beedrill won't have terribly affective attacks, but still...Shelby let out a breath, knowing that she needed to be careful.

"Marshtomp, let's hit things off with an ice beam!" Shelby called out, knowing the attack would be super affective on Beedrill. Shelby watched the icy blast fly toward Beedrill, hoping against all odds that the attack would hit its mark.

"Dodge it, Victor!" Jess called out. The speedy bug quickly flew out of the way of the ice beam and countered it by flying down at Marshtomp at its top speed.

Shelby almost cursed. How could it get so fast?! she asked herself. "Marshtomp, use-"

But it was too late: the Beedrill smacked Marshtomp right under his chin and sent him flying across the stadium. Marshtomp landed with a loud thud on the ground and got to his feet, whimpering painfully from the fall.

Shelby's teeth snapped shut, tightly clenched. This is not going good for me! She let out a breath then, realizing that in order to win this, she had to stay calm.

"Alright Marshtomp, let's try that one more time!" Shelby shouted. "And this time, you use your speed as well!"

Marshtomp nodded and Shelby watched as it began to build up another stream of ice. Shelby's gaze moved over to Victor, who was buzzing around.

"Now!" Shelby shouted, watching as the ice once more shot in a stream towards Victor.

Use your needles as a barrier!" Jess called out to Victor. The Beedrill quickly pulled its needles together and formed an X. The ice hit his needles full on and when it cleared, ice covered Victor's long needle-hands.

"Yes!" Shelby shouted.

"Wait a minute, Shelby," Jess called out from across the field. Shelby looked up and noticed that Jess was smiling. Finally realizing that Victor wasn't in the spot he was hit, Shelby looked around hesitantly.

"Where'd it go?!" she shouted.

"Victor, now!" Jess shouted in the air. Shelby looked up and saw the Beedrill flying like a rocket down at Marshtomp. Its needles were still in the X shape and Shelby realized that Victor was going to hit Marshtop with the ice.

"Alright, we can deal," Shelby said quietly. "Marshtomp, just stay where you are!"

Jess smirked in a confident way, almost sure that her attack would hit dead on. Suddenly, as Victor drew closer, Shelby finally saw the opening.

"Use Take Down on Victor's arms!" Shelby shouted. Marshtomp leaped off the ground, slamming into Victor.

Shelby saw Victor slam into one of the trees that covered the field, and suddenly she had an idea.

"Victor!" Jess cried out.

"Marshtomp, dive into the water over there!" Shelby called, pointing to the still pond. Marshtomp nodded and ran over, leaping into the still water.

As Marshtomp disappeared under the water, Jess looked over to the trees. "Victor, do what we trained for!" Jess shouted.

Victor launched out from the trees and seemed to be quite hurt. Bruises covered his wings and some ice still remained on his needles.

Victor flew around over the lake and leaned over to dive in, needles pointing forward.

Shelby smiled. "Marshtomp, use Take Down, now!" she shouted. There was a loud splash and Marshtomp had jumped out of the water.

But Victor quickly flew out of the way of Marshtomp's oncoming Take Down.

"Too slow," Jess laughed. "Twinneedle and get it away from the water!" Victor swung both his needles forward and smacked into Marshtomp. The water Pokemon let out a cry and flew away from the water and collided on the ground.

Shelby stayed silent as all of this happened. I knew Marshtomp wasn't exactly the fastest on my team anyway, she thought as she watched Marshtomp skid backwards.

The dust slowly cleared, and Shelby watched as Marshtomp began to slowly push himself up. "Alright buddy, give this one last go! Try for a Muddy Water!" Shelby shouted, hoping for the best, though she almost knew the battle was finished.

Marshtomp raised his hand and quickly focused on the pond nearby. It started to sway and the water pushed up almost like an invisible force was carrying it.

Victor just cocked his head to the side, unknown that the giant wave was rearing up behind him.

"Victor, watch out!" Jess shouted.

Victor only turned his head and was soon hit by the giant tidal wave. Marshtomp jumped up and quickly shot down an Ice Beam at Victor who was trying to get out of the mighty wave.

A small grin spread across Shelby's face as she saw this. Alright! Nice comeback, Marshtomp! Shelby thought enthusiastically. Suddenly Beedrill shot out of the wave and directly for Marshtomp, dodging the ice beam as it went. Shelby blinked in surprise. "Marshtomp, you have to--"

Before she could get the order out, Beedrill slammed into Marshtomp. Shelby watched as her Pokemon got thrown back into the water, resurfacing only to appear to have been defeated. Shelby clenched her teeth as the referee called it in Jess's favor. Jess smirked a bit as she recalled Beedrill. Shelby clenched her teeth and recalled Marshtomp, getting her next Pokemon ready.

The crowd roared excitedly as Jess took out another Pokeball. Shelby noticed that her Pokeballs were stickered with different colors, shapes, and designs. This Pokeball she held had a pink flower with several vines around it.

"Alright Brakken, you're up now!" Jess shouted as she threw the Pokeball forward. In a flash, Jess's giant, and angry Venusaur appeared on the field. It let out a ready roar and faced Shelby.

Dang, Shelby thought. Jess's Venusaur is strong. What Pokemon could I used against it? ...I know! Shelby got a Pokeball off her belt and threw it forward. In a flash, Nidoking appeared, facing Brakken with a determined expression.

Shelby heard the crowd roar. She smiled a bit as she remembered her first battle. Alright, here goes something, Shelby thought as she looked at Nidoking. This time, I'm going to use the stadium as my advantage, she thought. Thought she knew that she had the slight underhand, she was determined to win. "Nidoking, let's start things off with a bang!" Shelby shouted. "Get in there and use dig!"

Nidoking roared and suddenly leaped up in the air, slamming his horn down on the ground and burrowing under. Venusaur looked around in a slightly startled way. Wait for it, Shelby thought.

Jess shook her head and smiled slightly. "Venusaur, just wait to sense the vibrations in the earth," Jess called to her Pokemon.

"Nidoking!" Shelby shouted. Suddenly the stadium began to shake as Nidoking began to trash about under the ground. Venusaur cried out and began to look around rapidly. Venusaur may look very powerful, and may be powerful as well...Shelby thought, analyzing the battle quickly, but it still needs to learn to strategize better! "Now Nidoking!" Shelby shouted. There was a tremendous ripping sound as Nidoking flew out of the ground and slammed up into Venusaur's underbelly. Venusaur cried out as it slammed against a rock a few paces away.

Venusaur fell to the ground flat on his stomach but looked up at Nidoking angrily.

"VENUSAUR!" it roared angrily as vines whipped out from under its giant, leafy back and wrapped around Nidoking. Brakken lifted him up angrily and threw him towards the pond of water.

"Nidoking!" Shelby cried as the giant, purple Pokemon crashed into the water. Shelby knew that Nidoking was part Ground and the water had a big effect on him. Even if Nidoking was a poison type and had a big effect on Venusaur, Shelby realized that Nidoking was even more affected with water than Venusaur was with poison.

Suddenly when Shelby thought that the match was over early, Nidoking roared and burst out of the water, slamming his giant tail on the ground angrily. What? But the water...Shelby thought, blinking. Jess even looked surprised. Shelby let out a breath and the said, "Nidoking, let's go for another dig!"

Nidoking roared and leaped into the water. Several people cried out, Shelby being one of them. Jess blinked, unsure of what had just happened. Venusaur looked puzzled as well. After a few moments of silence, Nidoking leaped up from the ground, slamming into Venusaur's side with his massive horn. Shelby looked at saw that the water in the pond slowly began to drain into a hole in the ground. How did Nidoking do that? Shelby wondered, completey awestruck. The lake was the only body of water left.

"Alright Nidoking, go to the rocks!" Shelby shouted.

"Brakken, grab it with your vines!" Jess called to her Pokemon.

Almost as swift as Victor was, Brakken lashed out its vines but before he could grab Nidoking, Nidoking spun around and grabbed Brakken's vines.

"Yes!" Shelby shouted.

"I was expecting that," Jes shouted. "Use Solarbeam, now!"

Brakken roared and a large beam of white light shot from its giant bulb. Just as Nidoking looked up, the beam hit him and sent him flying into a pile of boulders.

"Nidoking!" Shelby shouted.

Shelby clenched her teeth, that was one of the fastest charged Solarbeam attack I've ever seen. She watched as the dust cleared, small bits of rock falling off of Nidoking. Nidoking roared angrily, staring down Venusaur. Things really aren't looking good for me now, I have to finish this off soon! "Nidoking, get close to it and use double kick!" Shelby shouted. Nidoking nodded and charged towards Venusaur, who now looked slightly drained of energy.

"Brakken, block the attack with your vines!" Jess called.

Shelby smirked, finally! Just as Venusaur grabbed Nidoking with his vines, Shelby shouted, "Nidoking, get close to Venusaur and use Horn Attack!"

Nidoking roared and struggled in Venusaur's grip, until he finally got close enough. Suddenly he slammed his horn directly into Venusaur's giant flower on its back. Venusaur roared in pain, throwing Nidoking away and shaking furiously. Nidoking skidded back against the ground, digging his tail in to stop himself.

"Let's finish this! Nidoking, double kick while Venusaur's still dazed!"

Brakken, shake it off quickly and use Razor Leaf!" Jess shouted quickly as Nidoking jumped.

Brakken shook his head and as he did, he fired several sharp leaves at Nidoking. It hit Nidoking head on and made him fall back.

"Nidoking!" Shelby shouted. "Use Dig!"

Nidoking roared and dug down into the ground.

Jess smiled. "When do you learn?" she asked. "Sense its vibrations, Brakken! It's going to come underneath you!"

Brakken nodded and walked away, but suddenly the ground shook and Nidoking jumped out of the ground, behind Brakken.

"I-Impossible!" Jess shouted.

"NIDOKING!" the purple monster roared as he hit Brakken straight in his back. Brakken roared and wobbled before falling to the ground.

"Brakken!" Jess shouted as the referee called this match to Shelby's favor.

"And when will you learn? I used that tactic earlier, huh?" Shelby called over to Jess. She gave a thumbs up to Nidoking, who roared happily. Both trainers recalled their Pokemon. Many fans were booing, but an equal amount were cheering. Shelby let out a breath and watched as Jess threw her Pokeball, send out her massive Torterra. Shelby felt a sense of déjà vu as she saw this. She chucked her own pokeball as well, staying silent as Typhlosion roared, appearing out of his pokeball.

"Round three...begin!" the referee called, waving his flags.

"Typhlosion, get to the fire area now!" Shelby shouted. Typhlosion roared and hopped down on all fours, running over to the fire area before Torterra could even catch up with him. Now you'll know true speed, Shelby thought, looking fondly at her Pokemon.

Not so fast!" Jess shouted. "Landscape, use Magnitude!"

The Torterra roared and slammed its foot against the ground, sending a large vibration through the earth. The ground split and headed straight for Typlosion and before he could reach the fire arena, rocks were shot up from the Magnitude attack and slammed into Typlosion.

"Baku!" the blue and tan Pokemon shouted painfully as it stumpled around on the ground.

"Typlosion, are you alright?" Shelby shouted. The blue Pokemon got to its feet and nodded.

Shelby frowned as she noticed something. Typhlosion looks way too confident...She crossed her arms then. The fans looked on curiously, wondering what was going on. "Typhlosion, do NOT get overconfident! That'll lose us the match for sure! Remember what happened the first time you fought Jess and her Pokemon?" Shelby asked. Typhlosion looked at the ground, and then slowly nodded.

"Kun! Bakun!" Typhlosion cried.

"Good, now give 'em a flamethrower!" Shelby shouted. Typhlosion roared, and suddenly sent a jet of flame straight out of it's mouth, slamming into Torterra who roared painfully. Jess cried out, shocked that the attack had happened so fast she hadn't been able to think. "Now then, let's go for the fire area!" Shelby called over the roaring flames. As the fire died out, Shelby noticed that the grass around Torterra had begun to burn brightly.

"Torterra, give it another magnitude!" Jess called.

Typhlosion, who was standing on the edge near the lava, cried out as the ground began to shake once more. He fell over, falling into the lava below. Shelby's eyes went wide. "No! Typhlosion!" she shouted. She heard several people gasp, but she was too focused on the safety of her Pokemon.

"Let's finish this!" Jess shouted. "Use Magnitude once more, full power!"

Torterra roared and reared up only to slam both of his front feet into the ground. The ground shook and the ground broke up, trees rooting up from the ground, water draining back into the pond as well as draining through a hole to the lava area.

"Typlosion!" Shelby cried as the water splashed into the lava pit Typlosion fell in. Smoke filed from the pit and the lava lost color, the top changing into a crusty, gray seal.

Shelby gritted her teeth and Jess laughed from across the field. "Looks like its over!" she said.

"Torterra wi-" the referee started, but suddenly, the ground shook and the crust around the lava split.

"Baku!" a roar came from the pit as it exploded upwards. A ball of fire appeared above and landed on the ground. Typlosion raised his hands up to the sky and roared.

The crowd was silent with shock.

Shelby stared at her Pokemon. Typhlosion panted heavily, his coarse fur was singed from the lava. No wonder! Shelby thought suddenly. His fur is so thick...She let out a slow breath. "Typhlosion, are you alright?" Shelby asked.

"Bakun!" Typhlosion roared. The flame on his back suddenly burst to life, roaring in a blaze. Shelby grinned and then suddenly thought of something. Typhlosion stood, and glanced back at her.

"Typhlosion, get behind Torterra by using flame wheel! Push him over to the fire area!" Shelby shouted, watching as almost suddenly Typhlosion burst into pure flame. With a roar, Typhlosion ran towards Torterra, who was frozen while it waited for a command from Jess.

Jess just smiled and did not give a command as Typlosion spun forward. Landscape looked at Typlosion with an angry look.

Once Typlosion was close, Jess called out, "Wood Hammer, then Magnitude!"

Torterra spun quickly and Shelby gasped from the large Pokemon's speed. Typlosion was too shocked but continued forward. Shelby's face formed a mask of shock as Typlosion's flaming body was smacked aside from Torterra. The giant Pokemon then raised its foot and slammed it into the ground, causing another fissure. Almost as soon as Typlosion hit the ground, he was back up in the air as several rocks knocked into him. Shelby was shocked that Typosion's fire didn't do much damage on Torterra's body.

"Torterra's is a ground type, remember Shelby?" Jess shouted from across the field. But Shelby was too preoccupied with Typlosion who shook painfully on the ground.

"Ty-Typlosion?" Shelby shouted.

"Let's finally finish this match, Landscape," Jess shouted. "Bullet Seed."

Dammit, I had forgotten that, Shelby thought silently. She knew that Typhlosion really only had one option left for a grand finale, but Shelby also knew something else. The attack would come with a price, and plus she wasn't sure how powerful it would be because Typhlosion was getting to be so tired. Shelby let out a breath to calm herself, and watched as the bullets flew towards Typhlosion. "Burn 'em away," Shelby called. Typhlosion snorted and set a jet of flame toward the attack, stopping it in its tracks.

"Bakun?" Typhlosion asked, looking back at Shelby from the corner of his eye.

"Burn it to the ground," Shelby stated simply.

Typhlosion roared so suddenly, several people in the crowd gasped. In the blink of an eye, Typhlosion was back by the lava. Jess, finally figuring out what Typhlosion was about to do, ordered another magnitude attack. Typhlosion simply leaped up in the air, shooting a jet of flame in the cracks that the magnitude slowly created. Soon, the rock began to heat up and met, forming the same lava that was now trapped under the cooled rock. This lava travelled down the long crack, heading towards Torterra. Jess told Torterra to move, and it moved aside, heading towards the water area to help cool down the fire.

"BAKUN!" Typhlosion roared, pumping his arms. Suddenly he was diving down straight for the lava, slamming into the crusty surface. Everyone gasped as lava shot up moments later. Rocks slammed into the ground, hitting Torterra as they did. Shelby waited as the smoke from the attack slowly began to clear. I can't afford to get my hopes up, she thought, but nonetheless, she still wanted the match to be over.

When the dust finally cleared, Torterra laid on the ground, out of the match.

"Torterra is unable to battle," the referee called.

"W-What?!" Jess shouted, but quickly calmed herself with a deep breath. "Oh well, I tried." She raised her Pokeball and recalled Landscape as the crowd roared and booed.

The referee walked up to Shelby as she recalled Typlosion. "Congratulations," he said.

Shelby blinked in surprise. I did it...no, we did it, she thought with a smile on her face. "Thank you, sir," Shelby said. She took the token from his hand and turned to Jess. She stuck out her hand and they shook.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Mij headed over to the arena, the fans were cheering on as he entered the stadium, Nova was already there waiting.

'Man...' Mij clenched his fists, thinking to himself as he walked towards the center of the massive stadium. 'I hope my parents are okay! As soon as we're done here, I'll get enough tokens to get a rail card and go to cerulean first thing tomorrow!'

"Hey Mij!" Nova was waving at him, Mij nodded and smiled back. Only then did Mij realise the fans were chanting Nova's name.

"Nova... Nova... Nova..."

'This kid... Despite the fact he doesnt look that great he's already advanced this far, the fans seem to love him and his houndoom... They must have incredible skills!' Mij's thoughts went from the slight hint of fear to overconfidence. 'Nonesense... This battle will surely be over in a matter of minutes. He can't top our skills. He won't deny me MY goals!!'

"Alright... Call out your pokemon!" The referee signalled and both trainers unhooked a pokeball and stood ready. "Remember, win or lose, you both return each pokemon after the first battle and you can't call upon them again."

"Prepare to lose Nova!" Mij shouted... "Let's go Seadra!!

"Gyarados!" Nova called out as he launched a pokeball in the air...

"Seadra Vs Gyarados, battle 1!" The referee watched as the pokemon appeard, he then waved a flag up and down, "BEGIN!"

Watching as Gyarados loomed over its opponent with fierce intimidation, Nova seemed happy enough. But quickly, without receiving orders, Nova's Gyarados charged in for the first attack! Lunging forward with a tackle attack showing relentless fury, Gyarados smashed through the rocky floor as Seadra leaped out of the way, in the direction of the water.
    "Gyarados!" Nova called out to his dragon-like powerhouse. "Now's not the time to be reckless! Focus!" The angry Gyarados seemed to calm herself slightly and look back at Nova, then turning to face it's opponent and awaiting instruction.

"Seadra, Maybe we can use that gyarados' temper against it!" Mij called out to his water-type pokemon. "Show her you're stronger than she is! Water gun!"
    "Match Seadra's water gun Gyarados!" Nova responded and the two pokemon fired off jets of water at eachother, equal in power they collided and both pokemon were forced back slightly.

"Hydro Pump!" Seadra heard Mijaan's command and shot a massive blast of water at her foe, Who was hit directly but didnt seem to take too much damage.
    "Another!" Mij's Seadra could only perform long distance repetative water-attacks and they werent getting him anywhere, So he decided to take advantage of the situation.
    "Gyarados, into the water!" Nova called out, Mijaan responded with a similar command and now both pokemon were underwater facing off. Cameras placed underwater gave a distinct visual image of what was happening there. Gyarados and Seadra simply stared eachother down awaiting further commands.

"Hydro Pump!" Commanded the confident Mijaan, who watch as Seadra send a shockwave of water towards Gyarados. 'Hydro pump didnt work that well underwater...'

"Now then, Gyarados lets show them what we've got!" Nova shouted.. But Mijaan was quick to reply.
    "Use your speed seadra!" Mij's command was muffled in the water but Seadra managed to work out what he'd said. She shot towards Gyarados with tremendous speed and darted past her. Gyarados became slightly frustrated at this and attempted to tackle the fast-paced seadra, who was unharmed.

"It's too fast Gyarados! Surface quickly!" Nova's command had gyarados leap into the air from the water, almost in slow motion everyone watched Gyarados' body leap from the water and the full length of her snake-like body was in the air. Cameras flashed and the fans cheered as she roared, Eventually crashing into the water head first, it came down on Seadra fast and managed to clench it's teeth into it's foe. Seadra screeched in pain as gyarados continued to dive deeper into the water and eventually collided with the bottom of the pool. When Gyarados released Seadra she quickly shot upwards and leaped onto one of the ice platforms floating above them. Gyarados stayed below and circled the ice platform, then she sunk into the depths of the pool.

"Give it everything you have Gyarados! Don't let up now!" Nova called out. His foe was weakened and now seemed the time to strike.

'Seadra looks in pretty bad shape...' Mij thought to himself. 'I don't know if she can take much more of...' But before he could even think up a strategy, Gyarados smashed through the ice platform with a relentless Hyper Beam attack from below. Smashing ice everywhere and sending seadra high into the air. Gyarados surfaced and watched as seadra fell into the water not too far from her, she sunk her head into the water and watched her foe sink into the water unconcious.

Nova 1 - 0 Mijaan

'...I can't lose yet.' Mij clenched his fist. 'We need to turn this around...'

"Return... Seadra..." Mij hesitated to say as he shot his pokeball's red beam at her. He'd lost the first battle so quickly he was in shock.
    "Great job Gyarados!" Nova recalled his pokemon. Winning this battle 1-0, Nova clearly had the advantage here.

"Well... Alright then! Let's see what you make of Princess!" Mij rolled princess's pokeball along the ground and out popped his female poison-type pokemon, Growling and waiting.

"Aipom, it's your turn!" Nova shouted as he threw his normal type pokemon's pokeball into the air. Gasping, the fans clearly expected to see Houndoom in this round after his success in the previous round, but now they had their doubts. Aipom playfully relished in the Spotlight, but it was shortlived as Princess had began closing in. Running on all fours, she stormed towards her foe and quickly leaped up into the air, with a fist full of mud she slapped Aipom across the face and it knocked him back quite a distance, skidding along the ground Princess turned herself to face Aipom once again.

"Alright!!" Mij called out, the sheer force of the attack seemed to have caught Aipom by surpise and he was hit quite hard, which seemed to be giving mij and princess the edge early on this battle. Aipom climbed to it's feet and rubbed its face with it's tail. Mij shouted, "Follow it up with a-"

"Aipom, Double Slap!" Nova interupted shouting at the top of his voice, called out to his Monkey-like pokemon who leaped in and angrily struck Princess across the face with it's tail twice. Princess slapped him back and both the pokemon continued to strike with force. Aipom was dishing out lashing blows for it's small size, Princess didnt quite expect something that looked so young to be so strong, she took a few steps back which left Aipom feeling it had the authority.

"Hang in there Princess!" Mij's voice seemed desperate. He had no idea what Aipom was capable of and it seemed to have backfired. "Try ice beam!"

"Ice beam!?" Nova seemed shocked as he saw the blue poison pokemon shoot ice from her mouth, smashing into Aipom and leaving it stunned slightly. Upon looking up, Aipom saw Princess charging in to follow up the attack, and within seconds she lunged forward and smashed Aipom in the face with a mudslap attack.

"Aipom!" Nova cried out. "Hang in there!"

Aipom, disorientated, climbed back to its feet but it looked like he couldnt see very well, he was stumbling back and forth. In its own confusion it managed to trip up and fall back to the ground.

'This is perfect' Mijaan suddenly triggered an idea in his mind. "Don't let him up Princess. He can't hurt you while he's in this state!"

Sure enough, Princess's mudslaps were as effective as ever, but Aipom couldnt seem to see it's opponent and was smacked around pretty bad, with more mud to the face from each blow, but he wasnt done yet. He leaped into the air and pounded his tail fist into Princess's head as hard as he could and rolled away. Princess flinched quite abit from the attack, she didnt expect it.

"Shake it off!" Mij said, as Aipom seemed to be regaining his sight. "Take him out while you can!"

"Aipom, Double Slap!" Nova commanded and aipom landed two powerful slaps on the nidorina. She was looking startled again, but before Aipom could land another attack, Mij had a command of his own.

"Princess, finish this with another ice beam!" In a flash of blue light, Princess shot an ice beam attack at Aipom who didnt seem to be able to avoid the attack. He became frozen solid.

"Aipom is unable to battle!" The referee waved his flag and Nova looked on in shock. "The winner is Mijaan and his Nidorina!"
    The crowd went wild, this meant they'd get to see Houndoom in action during the third battle.

"Aipom, nice job," Nova said, recalling his pokemon quickly.

"Return Princess," Mij called, grinning slightly at his Pokémon. 'Alright, we can do this, Umbreon against Houndoom!!' Mij thought, quickly grabbing Umbreon's pokeball. He tossed it on the stage, and everyone watched as Umbreon came out of the ball in a flash of white light. Some of the fans cheered, but you could tell they were waiting to see Nova's Houndoom.

Nova had tossed his pokeball as well. Several people gasped as the shape of the light morphed into something that definitely wasn't a Houndoom. Some of the fans booed, but others gaped in awe of Nova's Machamp. Mij clenched his teeth and silently cursed. This was totally not a good type match up, especially for the final battle.

"Let the match…begin!" the referee called, sending down his flags.

"Alright Umbreon, let's start off with Shadow Ball!" Mij called.

Umbreon nodded, and quickly formed a ball of dark energy in his jaws. Moments later, he released the energy, sending it flying towards Machamp at a high speed. Nova ordered Machamp to dodge, and then use Karate Chop. Machamp complied, quickly leaping out of the way of the attack and running towards Umbreon at full speed.

"Umbreon, dodge it!" Mij shouted.

Though Umbreon tried to, Machamp was just too close too fast. His large hand slammed into Umbreon's back, sending Umbreon crashing to the ground. Mij cried out, shocked that his pokemon had fallen so suddenly. The fans cheered in the background, urging on Machamp and Nova.

"Let's finish this off!" Nova shouted. He pointed towards the injured Umbreon. "Give it a mega punch attack!"

Mij's eyes went wide. "No! Umbreon, hurry and roll out of the way!" Umbreon's eyes snapped open and, just at the last second, he dodged the attack. "Good job! Now hit him with a quick attack!"

Umbreon quickly seemed to vanish from the spot he used to be in. He charged for Machamp, slamming directly into the muscled pokemon's chest. Machamp gave a cry and fell back against a boulder. Umbreon leaped away quickly, ready to attack again on Mij's next command.

"Now hit it with a Shadow Ball!" Mij called.

"Machamp, get up and use Counter!" Nova shouted.

Before Machamp could get up, Umbreon had the attack charged and flying over the field. The round ball of dark energy slammed into Machamp, creating an indent with the large pokemon hit a boulder.

Suddenly Machamp roared and stood up. Mij ordered a Faint Attack moments before. Umbreon slammed into Machamp, but the attack was redirected back towards Umbreon. Umbreon cried out as the attack slammed into him, sending him smashing into the ground.

"Machamp, let's end this with a Mega Punch!" Nova said loudly.

Machamp nodded, quickly assembling the energy in his fist. He ran for Umbreon, giving a loud battle cry. Machamp slammed his fist down, causing the ground to crack and Umbreon to give an almost sickening cry. Several people in the audience cried out, standing up in their seats.

"Umbreon!" Mij cried out, watching with horror in his eyes.

And just like that, it was over. Suddenly time slowed down for Mij as the referee called the match in Nova's favor. He blinked slowly, the world out of focus. Mij fell to his knees, slamming his fist in the ground, why aren't I stronger?! He recalled Umbreon silently, and then stood up to go shake hands with Nova.

"Nice battle!" Nova grinned shaking Mijaans hand, but Mijaan simply blanked him. Walking away, mijaan had once again been hit by failure, his overconfidence had gotten the best of him.

(OOC: Credit for the battle between Umbreon and Machamp goes entirely to Scarecrow, as i did not want to decide exactly how the battle would end. ^^
    Thank you Shelby!)

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Elliot had finished getting his Pokémon healed and headed back to the competitor's area. When he got there, he decided to look at the screen with the newest listings, but something else caught his attention. He could rent a Pokémon for the battle. He thought that Lentus would need a rest, and before heading over to the registration area, looked who he would be fighting against. Apparently it was someone named Jake, though the name didn't sound familiar, and he'd be fighting him in the third round. He looked to see what arena they would be fighting in, but instead found out that they would be engaged in all four.

"Interesting..." Elliot thought. "Hopefully I can take advantage of that."

He decided to head over to the registration place, and register his Pokémon, as well as get a rented one. He decided to rent an Oddish, as he had not yet worked with a grass type, and he had heard that they were usually obedient. Once he registered his three Pokémon, he received the rented Pokémon.

"It's too bad I won't be able to introduce myself to it, before the battle starts, because of the stupid rules here." He thought.

Elliot's stomach growled, he had been fighting for the better part of the morning, and was already getting hungry. He decided to buy a hot dog, at the cantina, inside the competitor's area. Because he had enough time, he decided to watch the first battle. It was Shelby vs. Jess. Quite a few people were cheering at the mention of Shelby's name, and what seemed like a few minutes, Shelby had won the match. Elliot was more engaged with his food than the match however, but did notice the time, and thought it best to head down, to wait for his name to be called.

He noticed another boy, about his age, also waiting, Elliot recognized him as the mouthy kid who had received a Pokémon from Dr. Marley. Though rather than frustrated, or annoyed, he looked determined.

Finally hearing the call for the round three contestants, Elliot entered the tunnel, followed behind by Jake, seeing as no one else was going around this round, he knew who he would be facing. When they finally reached the end, Elliot moved to the points that were intersecting the grass and ice/water arena, and Jake moved to the Fire and ground side amid giant cheers.

"Well since there is only one battle arena now, at least we won't feel left out." Elliot thought.

The referee appeared out of the tunnel, and with his mic, announced to the now bigger crowd the round's start.

"Will both competitors send out their first Pokémon!" He announced.

Elliot sent out the rented Oddish. It turned around as though expectant.

"Hey there Oddish, I hope you don't mind battling for me, I'm sure you'll be a great help." Elliot smiled, as he pulled out his Pokedex. "Now what sort of moves do you have?"

"Oddish knows poison powder, sleep powder, stun spore and mega drain." The Pokedex said.

"Oddish!" The Oddish said excitedly waiting for the Pokedex to finish.
    "Hmmm interesting moves there." Elliot said inquisitively, wondering about how he can work that into his battle strategy.

In the distance, Elliot saw Jake send out a Poliwhirl. This nearly made Elliot sputter in laughter, a grass type versus a water type? Not the smartest of match ups.

"Begin the match... now!" The referee called, now among yells and cheers of approval of the start of the round, from the crowd.

"Okay Oddish, we'll start with a grass attack to weaken it faster, use stun spore." Elliot called.

The Oddish began running towards its opponent on the ground arena portion, Elliot couldn't hear what Jake had called, but the Poliwhirl was also now heading in the direction of the Oddish, in the ground arena as well. Elliot wanted it to time properly so that Oddish would not be attacked in the process, though didn't know what Poliwhirl was planning to do.

When noticing the right distance for their attack, Elliot cried "Now!". The Oddish obeyed, sending out its stun spore, before it could land however, the Poliwhirl sent out a water gun, that hit Oddish, which sent it to the fire side arena. The stun spore still managed to land on Poliwhirl, but at the moment, it was having little affect, as it was now using water gun again.

"Dodge it!" Elliot called out.

The Oddish managed to dodge it, but in the process, was dwelving deeper into the fire portion of the arena.

"Jake must know that he can't defeat me on moves alone, so he is using the arena against me!" Elliot thought. "Well I'll just have to drag him out to the grass side.

The Poliwhirl seemed satisfied with the Oddish's current predicament, though was starting to realize its own limits due to the stun spore. This gave a chance to Elliot.

"Hit it with mega drain, Oddish!" Elliot called.

The Oddish obeyed and hit the paralyzed Poliwhirl, square on, clearly taking much damage, as the move was super effective. In the process, this had also healed Oddish to some extent. Elliot was pleased with this result, and the crowd seemed to realize what was occurring too, as their cheers grew. However the Poliwhirl was not down and out yet, and noticed Jake calling out another move.

"Oddish dodge it!" Elliot called, but it was futile, the Poliwhirl had already succeeded in entrapping the Oddish, with use of the environment. The Poliwhirl then used double slap, several times.

"Agh... no!" Elliot called out. "Oddish mega drain again!"

But it was too late, the Poliwhirl, used pound, which sent towards the fake volcanic like fires, getting burnt in the process, it got up and just managed to move away from the flame, clearly burn on the side. But then it collapsed again.

"Oddish is unable to battle, first part goes to Jake, now please call out your second Pokemon." The Referee called, amidst cheers.

Elliot and Jake recalled their Pokémon.

"Wow, you almost had it, Jake just had the battlefield down pat." Elliot spoke to the now absorbed Pokémon.

On the other end of the arena, Elliot saw Jake yelling out loud, for his triumph.

Elliot decided to send out Iggy ((Charmeleon)) as his next Pokémon. It appeared to be excited to battle. When it saw Jake send out its male Nidoran, Iggy's tail began to burn more fiercely.

"Begin the match!" The referee called.

"Okay Iggy, let's try to pull off something like we did in the previous round and head towards the grass arena." Elliot said.

As though anticipating this, like he had seen it before, Jaked called out to his Nidoran to attack using horn attack, before Iggy could get started.

"Okay Iggy, use flamethrower when I tell you to." Elliot said, watching the Nidoran approaching quickly. As soon as it stepped on the grass, Elliot called out. "Now Iggy!" To which Iggy sent out a jet of flames at Nidoran's feet. It managed to get hit a bit, but Jake had called out again.

"Jump over it and use horn attack!" Jake called.

"Iggy watch out!" Elliot called out, watching the Nidoran springing its feet back.

((Continued with Jake's post))

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back