• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] >}>}>}> Dark Rift 5.09! - September 2023 <{<{<{< (PATCH, Download to fix 5.0)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
I've played what I believe to be the latest release of the demo (still v4? I can't find v5.) and have experienced some of the reported bugs, such as freezing in various places (very annoying at times). I know it's a demo, but it was really annoying not to have anything on the map. There was no labels of towns or routes, even of the ones I'd already been too. I went in circles at times because I forgot where I'd been.

The story itself is interesting and the characters aren't bad but there's some spelling issues here and there a lot of "you're"s being written as "your"s. The new pokemon are greatly affected by the dark and nuclear stuff going on, but some of them leave a lot to be desired design wise. It looks like they were made on MSPaint, and they very well might've been. I only mean it as constructive criticism, but working on the art will give it a more professional feel.

A few of them look pretty cool though and I wish more of the game was done. I'll be checking back in to see if anymore has been added.

Oh, and as for the new pokemon, I'd vote for the swallower fish if I had to, but I'd be interested in seeing a nuclear/ghost type.

Thanks for all the feedback! Most of the artwork for all the fakemon, world, and battlebgs have been completely redone with better quality. I know it's been a while since I've been back on here, but I just wanted to say that the 5th release is Finally almost complete. I originally wanted to just finish the whole game in the next update, but that was one of the reasons why the 5th Dark Rift update never got out previously.

Also, there may be a swallower fish in the next update....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
This game stoped developing? Tried to getting to the download link but couldnt downloading the game

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
This game stoped developing? Tried to getting to the download link but couldnt downloading the game

if you would look just above your post you would see that this is far from the truth

also i was able to download it just fine so idk what the issue is with you failing to download it

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
so in the little ive played of this so far i really only have 1 minor gripe with it being the lack of a speedup button, mainly cuz it feels like some animations drag on for a good while and menu scrolling at times feels like it takes forever (most notably the jukebox so far)

its not to say i think the game needs a speedup option but it could benefit from one i daresay

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
so in the little ive played of this so far i really only have 1 minor gripe with it being the lack of a speedup button, mainly cuz it feels like some animations drag on for a good while and menu scrolling at times feels like it takes forever (most notably the jukebox so far)

its not to say i think the game needs a speedup option but it could benefit from one i daresay

A speed up button is a good idea, I'll keep it in mind! thanks!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
geez can,t continue now from here i'm stuck here after the Terrmodren boss battle
2022-02-22_2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
geez can,t continue now from here i'm stuck here after the Terrmodren boss battle
2022-02-22_2.png

Hi Reino! I saw your awesome let's play and it helped me find and fix some bug issues! The Terrmodren fight does lock the game on Jay's story path. It'll be fixed in the next update!

P.S. I hate to say this, BUT Everyone MUST RESTART their game when the Next Update comes out as I've added and modified A TON of stuff from the Story to the Pokemon from when you get your starters all the way to the Ombrix Desert. I'm workin as hard as I can to get the next release out as soon as possible without bugs!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Nice pretty sure i will restart and going to start a new lets play after the update is coming out

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
looks like nice game
are there gyms in this game and if yes how many badges in this version?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
just downloaded the game a few mins ago. Upon startup this error came up: Script 'SpriteWindow' line 218: RuntmeError occurred file name is nil.
how do I fix this?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
just downloaded the game a few mins ago. Upon startup this error came up: Script 'SpriteWindow' line 218: RuntmeError occurred file name is nil.
how do I fix this?

Hi Jhev,

Thanks for reporting this. I'm looking into it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
how do I fix this?

Seems like your game is missing a sprite. I just tried to recreate the error by downloading it on my other machines, but they seem to run okay. Have you tried deleting the game and reinstalling it? If the issue still persists let me know!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
how do I fix this?

If your still having the error. Try deleting your save file from C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Saved Games\YOUR GAME NAME. I think you might have on old save from a different game clashing with Dark Rift.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Planned Future Changes for the Next Update!

All difficulties will be tweaked. Casual Style will be renamed to "Normal" Style and will play a lot more similarly to a normal Pokemon experience. "Moderate" Style will be adjusted to be the middle ground between "Normal" and "Challenging". "Challenging" will remain fairly unchanged in difficulty; however, Terrmodren and Saturn will be getting a buff.

There will be a new Difficulty added called "Nightmare" which will be extremely painful. It will also give even more rewards than "Challenging" Style.

>"Challenge" Style was supposed to be "challenging, but fair. This difficulty was designed to prevent the Players Party from being One Shot by Opponents and to prevent the Player from One Shotting the Opponent. This style also heavily requires knowledge of Dark Rifts Systems and typing.

>"Normal" Style (Previously Casual) will no longer lower opponent levels as heavily and will rely less on Dark Rifts new core Systems. Example: All Pokemart Prices have been brought back to Normal Pokemon Pokemart prices. The Capture Rate will be Normalized to Pokemon standards as well (Possibly even increased).

>"Nightmare" Style will be the new Hardest Style in the game. It's very similar to Challenge mode; however all opponents are possibly 1 level even higher than in Challenge mode. This Style will not try to prevent your Pokemon from being One Shot and will punish bad type match ups. Non-Supereffective attack damage will be reduced by 25%.

==============================================

GENERAL CHANGES:

>EXP Changes:
Exp gains across All Difficulties has been increased by a substantial amount. This isn't like a small 2% increase. All exp increases were adjusted per difficulty because of the Level Differences. Grinding is NOT difficulty and Dark Rift was Never Designed to be a game where Grinding is the focus for these Difficulties.

>LEVEL Caps:
To compensate for the increase in exp gains All Gyms will have a Level Cap before you beat them. Starting with a Soft Cap (Cuts exp in half) then a Hard Cap (where exp stops) this is to prevent Players from Over Leveling, but to help Players level up their other Pokemon fast so they may take them on their Journey. This has been put in place to Stop Grinding, but keep Dark Rift balanced.

>New MODIFIERS:
-Poke Death: When fainted Pokemon cannot be revived; however can be revived for a price.
-Match Game: Non-Supereffective attacks are reduced by 25% for the Player.
-Possibly more modifiers to come

>WILD Encounters:
-Route 100 and 100 (East) have had a bump in level as they were useless on Challenge mode when caught.
-All Routes will have less Grass and Reduced Encounter Rates to prevent annoying encounters.
-New Fakemon introduced into 4.5 Routes to improve on encounter diversity.

=================================================

Extra Notes:

-We want Dark Rift to be able to be a fun and enjoyable experience for all players! Dark Rift and all of these changes to Dark Rift are far from perfect, but we're doing are best and we've been listing to all the feedback so far! If there's more feedback you'd like to give, feel free to hit us up in the Dark Rift Discord Chat!
https://discord.gg/bbhjfueeuW

-Some of these changes listed above are subject to change; However, we will put the Final Massive List of Patch Notes on the Wiki once they're Official and in the game!

-These are Only SOME of the Changes planned.

------ Stay tuned for more info on the Next Update 4.75 (It's called 4.75 as a Quarter increase to the 5th Update) ------

Back