• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Void OOC

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
  • All the fun and discussion goes here. Questions, comments, chat, late SUs, all fall in here.

Though it had been attempted in the past, the Pokemon League had never accepted a gym comprised primarily of Dark Pokemon. The leaders argued that the temperament of the type is simply too unstable, that they are untameable, that allowing Dark types to accumulate in such high numbers within a single building could potentially be fatal. While some aspiring gym leaders took their rebuttal with a polite nod and declaration that they would be on their way Esthin Roschel would not be so easily denied. His assertive, aggressive tendencies proved to be beneficial, as when he was denied a Leaders' License a third time he took action. Working for days on end with little rest he set out to create a team of Dark Pokemon, and only Dark Pokemon, to prove that they could indeed be tamed and trained. Despite hardship and difficulty along the way Esthin managed to fill six Pokeballs with Dark type Pokemon, make them all obey his commands, and even more impressive, train them to follow orders with as much precision as a military unit. These six he took directly to the heads of the League and demonstrated his success. Impressed, they finally accepted, making Esthin Roschel the first Dark type gym leader.

Construction began immediately. Esthin chose to base himself in the Hoenn region, taking over Tate and Liza's gym in Mossdeep City as they desired to retire from training and instead open a psychic surgery clinic. Their gym was bulldozed and construction began immediately on a new building, larger, darker in color to reflect the nature of the Pokemon that trained within. One year later the gym was complete. Esthin chose to use no trick floor or warp tiles. Instead, his policy was train hard, become stronger by the day, and it wouldn't matter if a trainer were to challenge him or not, for they would not win. Over time he earned followers, others to train in his gym under him. Quickly they grew into a powerful manifestation of dark energy. One would walk into the door and feel all hope and optimism drain from their body. As soon as they left they would recover quickly, shaken, but otherwise unharmed. Word of the unnerving occurrences eventually reached Lance, Champion of the Johto Elite Four. That was when the investigation began.

Lance hired a man to go to Esthin's gym, now known as the Void Gym, to inquire about training under Esthin. He was accepted, and began gathering information. Lance noticed from his weekly reports that he seemed to grow colder at an alarmingly fast rate until he abandoned the project completely, fully consumed by the training of his Dark Pokemon. That was the final straw. Now regretting his agreement that the Void Gym ought to be given a license, he appealed to the other League leaders to have it repealed. He was shot down immediately as they quoted Article 4, Section 6 of the Rules and Regulations Regarding Gym Leadership: Once a gym is licensed, said license may not be taken without evidence of foul play or danger to the leader, trainers, or civilians.

All seemed lost. Lance knew he could not simply burst into the Void Gym and demand proof that it was dangerous and should be destroyed. He would need to be far more clever. That was when he came up with the idea to contact a number of young men and women who had not begun training, the offspring of successful trainers and gym leaders, and tell them that he would sponsor their progression, as long as they would begin immediately and in the Hoenn region. When he got four replies he would tell Professor Birch to keep four special starters for them, and to give them to those who could produce proof that they were Lance's sponsored few. But they would have to hurry. There were dark clouds reported to have formed over Mossdeep City that would not disperse. The crime and suicide rate had risen, and people were beginning to disappear. Whatever was happening there was reaching critical mass, and something had to be done to stop it. There was even tell that Esthin had done the same as Lance and sent five of his own gym trainees, previously unallowed to have their own Pokemon, to seek out and derail Lance's trainers. At any cost, Esthin warned them, they had to keep them from getting any proof at all that his gym was dangerous to himself or anyone else.

To summarize: Either you're one of Lance's new trainers, or Esthin's trainees. Lance's trainers, try to get to the gym. Esthin's trainees, try to stop them. Lance's trainers have the benefit of choosing from a greater variety of starters, while Esthin's may only start with a Dark type. What they have after that is up to them.

I know there are more starters than there are spaces available. That's so you can take your pick.

Moves with asterisks (*) may be replaced with an egg move, chosen by me at random. However, your SU will have to be good.

Lance's Trainers

Breezy.
    Lizzie Jordan

Azura
    Spr_4p_240.png

Leer, Ember, Smog, Helping Hand

Spoiler:

LordSephy
    Sephy Deldar

Shimmer
    Spr_4d_447.png

Force Palm, Detect, Bullet Punch, Dark Pulse

Spoiler:

Strikit
    Fyora Roschel

Razor
    th_razor.png

Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Ice Punch

Spoiler:

Esthin's Trainees

X75flames
    James Johnson

Houndour
    Spr_4h_228.png

Leer, Ember, Howl, Fire Fang

Spoiler:

Anti-Hero
    Niki Alabaster

Absol
    Spr_4p_359.png

Feint, Leer, Scratch, Megahorn

Spoiler:

eveelution
    Christopher Royel

Murkrow
    Spr_4h_198_m.png

Confuse Ray, Peck, Astonish, Pursuit

Spoiler:

Strikit
    Karis Renoira

Taz
    Spr_4d_261.png

Tackle, Howl, Mud Slap, Poison Fang

Spoiler:

Rules and Expectations

1. Please, no godmodding. Nobody likes that.

2. I reserve the right to eliminate you from the RP if you godmod more than once. There is only one warning for that.

3. I understand basic mistakes, but please try to have fair grammar and english.

4. The RP has been rated PG-13 not only for mild to moderate violence, but also because I expect a bit of maturity here. Slight cursing is not punishable by law, but keep it to a minimum.

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Yay! We have an ooc board! ^^
    Also, don't forget to mark which pokemon are taken!

On another note, I just realized that you pick the egg move that replaces the (*) move. I must have accidently missed the part of you chosing. I just put Confuse Ray for the egg move. I'll change that and let you pick a random egg move if you'd like. -_-'

steffyace

You can call me Meg
    Years
  • I am sorry Strikit but I can't Role-Play on your thread anymore. I am super busy lately, sorry.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    There will be a good amount of reading, but I'm up to it. :)

Should I start from the beginning, and with what pokemon?

Strikit

Years
  • Since steffyace left, you can have Eevee. We're not far in, so it shouldn't be that much of a change. In case I erased the catch on Eevee, I don't remember if I did, it must evolve into an Umbreon. Or, you could switch sides, in which case it can evolve into whatever you want.

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
    Years
  • Sorry for the misunderstanding in my last RP post, I should have been more clear that I ment lizzy nodded in our direction, a little short sidedness on my port

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Haha, sounds good, I think I might switch over to Lance's side since there are only 3 there, and change Eevee to an Glaceon when the time is appropriate. I'll write an SU asap.

I might have read it already, but is it each person (Lance and Esthium) that is recruiting our characters? If and when should I jump to Lances side? Within the SU?

Also is it okay if I link you to my fanfiction for RP sample (the fanfic in question is in this case is on this forum)? I've RPed here before, but I'm sure the posts for such are gone now. Though there is the more recent stuff too I think. XD

Strikit

Years
  • You're given the Eevee by Esthin in your first post. It's almost like the regular get Pokemon, beat gyms story, except there's a higher motive here. So take your young Eevee, do the challenges, then switch sides at some point, whenever you like. It can then evolve into Glaceon.

Your fic will be fine for an RP sample, one can still tell someone's writing style from that.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Okay, sounds good :)

I should hope to have something up by 1 or 2 am. XD

EDIT:

I'll provide good reasoning, but I will make my character 12 years old, so I hope you don't mind. ;)

EDIT2:

Well needless to say, it is up, hope you like it ;) (and finished it 10 minutes to 2am)

EDIT3: (lol) I just saw the note on the very top saying about late SUs going in here, would you still like me to put it here instead?

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • Pokemon Locations

Route 101

Zigzagoon
    Spr_4d_263.png

50% male, 50% female
    Levels 2-4
    Common

Wurmple
    Spr_4d_265.png

60% male, 40% female
    Levels 3-5
    Common

Poochyena
    Spr_4d_261.png

25% male, 75% female
    Levels 2-4
    Common

Weedle
    Spr_4d_013.png

50% male, 50% female
    Levels 2-5
    Uncommon

Pidgey
    Spr_4d_016.png

50% male, 50% female
    Levels 2-3
    Uncommon

Starly
    Spr_4d_396_m.png

40% male, 60% female
    Levels 2-5
    Rare

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Haha, nice.

Another question, if I wanted my character to be confronted by Professor Birch, should I let you do his response, or should I get your permission first before I use him? It's really only to instigate my character's side changeover.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Ooh, Strikit, I should tell you. The reason that Christopher is scheming right outside your door, is so that you can slam open the door and snarl at him.
    Also, good job organizing the pokemon on the route.
    (And if a starly can be found on your route, then that means that eventually I may be able to evolve Murkrow! Mwahahahaha!)
    I've been feeling very Mwahaha-ish lately. Even in the real world. Even wierder, is that I don't mind.

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • Birch is a NPC, so use him whenever you like.

In Karis's next post, that will be duly noted.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Yay! I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun! Also, were do you suppose Lance's trainers will be by the time that Esthin's trainers arrive in LittleRoot Town?
    Edit;
    Oops, got to go! I'll be on later today!

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
    Years
  • I would assume we will probably be at least on the next town over, I know I don't see any pokemon I want on route 101, but that's okay, I take it slow on catching pokemon anyways.

Back