• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Darker Than it Seems: New Dawn's Shadow [M]

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
  • Added test subject codenames to the new "World Buildy Stuff" section in the OP, in the event you decide to make use of them. Most notably, that's how the majority of Team Deus would refer to the hybrids as opposed to calling them by name.

Also removed the starter reservations as it as been a few weeks and nothing has come of them yet. You are still welcome to post an SU regardless, just note that someone is now able to snipe those starters if they so choose.

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • Here's my SU, hope I made it in time and that its good! I changed it up a bit, decided to go with water/fairy than pure fairy.

Emiko Fujioka

Spoiler:

Appearance: Emiko has long sky blue hair reaching to her hips and a few bangs, framing her face and right in between her eyes. Her hair used to be loose, but when she got injected, she started to braid her hair together with some of her pearl accessories that appeared after the experiments. She has warm ocean blue eyes, but if you look closer, you can see a faint cherry blossom pink outline around her pupils, emitting from one of her typing's. Her figure is small, but she does have some athletic muscles under her skin, her height reaching merely 5 feet and 2 inches tall, a couple inches shorter than an average female her age. Her skin is paler than others due to the dna of the Pokemon injected in her, the skin tone is light and the pigment is pale white, it used to be fair, but after she was shot with a certain Pokemon's DNA, her skin turned paler. On each of her wrist she has a couple pearl bracelets, a couple used to tie her hair, and she also wears a pearl forehead band, which she sometimes moves to be around her collar line like a necklace, the pearl accessories looking exactly like Primarina's pearls. She also has pearl anklets, but these are connected to smaller pearls that wrap around her foot.

Personality: Emiko has a compassionate and gentle soul, helping out people when time allows it. She has a timid nature and strays from loud people who tend to attract attention, the opposite of what she wants. She is very loyal and friendly when you become her friend, but to a stranger, she will barely make a sound unless spoken to with minimal emotions shown, although she will respond kindly when she is helping someone, no matter who they are. Emiko is very intelligent and creative, and loves to sing whenever she can and practiced gymnastics before a certain event.

Background: Emiko was born in Alola and used to live with her single mother and older brother, her father leaving them right after her birth. She would help around the house when her mother got ill and her brother was out working, her father having taken most of the savings, leaving them with almost no money, so she couldn't go to school at the time. Whenever she finished her chores, she would go out to the forest nearby and practiced gymnastics while singing before returning to her house. Somehow, her brother managed to raise enough money to get her gymnastics equipment for her to practice with it in the forest, knowing how much she likes to be near flowers. Gladly, she took it and practiced every day and soon, she started to do jobs that required either a waitress or cook to help her brother with the bills as she grew older. At the age of 11, her mother died from her illness, leaving her brother and herself to live in their small house. Her brother was optimistic and encouraged her to not give up, that is what their mother would have wanted, so she heeded his words and keep working, going to train every day after finishing her jobs. She didn't know that the next day after, that quote would put her to the test, leading to the beginning of a new life.

Hybrid Typing: Water/Fairy
    Hybrid Ability: Liquid Voice
    Hybrid Moveset: Sing, Aqua Ring, Acrobatics, Disarming Voice
    Attack execution: She has two support and two offense attacks. For the support, she will sing from where she is to put everyone around her to sleep, but if she wants to put a certain person to sleep, she has to be close enough for them to hear her voice and for Aqua Ring, she will use her hands by placing them on her target and summoning beads of water, controlling them to form rings of water around them to heal, but how much is healed depends on how much energy she has. The offense, one she has to fight close combat and learns it thanks to her gymnastics training, and the other one she also uses her voice, but instead of singing, she lets out a screech of pink waves and hearts towards her opponent.

Spoiler:

Starter Pokemon:Alolan Vulpix
    Starter Name: Kyuubi
    Starter Gender: Female
    Starter Moveset: Powder Snow, Tail Whip, Moonblast (Egg)
    Starter Ability: Snow Cloak

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • 9shstV9.jpg

Name:
    Elena de la luz Lluviera

Appearance:
    Elena stands at 5'0" with a weight of 125 lbs. She owns long, thick, ivory-dyed hair that's rarely let free save for the shower and rest. Never has she paused to learn to tinker with hairstyles, hence the messy ponytails and buns. However, her hair matches well with the light tuscan skin coating her body spotted by freckles. Baby blue eyes pop out as a result of her color palette, but can be described as rather dull in shine. Furthermore, her chestnut brown eyebrows provide the true color of her hair.

The young adult's wardrobe consists of long sleeves, whether shirts or button ups, and denims. Either small boots or slip-on footwear she sports, although it's normally the latter due to their ease of use.

Personality:
    Were the bilingual woman not too much of a coward then perhaps she wouldn't avoid conflict or be sitting on the fence the majority of the time instead of stating her true beliefs.

Fears aside, Elena is a responsible young woman with a mind ready to be stimulated. Ambition and success drive her. Motivate her. When problems or tasks arise Elena tackles them in that instant or as soon as they emerge. Consequently she accepted stress and patience as good companions. However her social life suffered to the point of being nonexistent. Thus her family is all she believes she needs and as a result puts them above everything else. This has caused Elena to come off as clingy, awkward, a worrywart, and not to forget jealous and envious. The girl is very self-conscious as well, with various aspects of her life.

Despite it all, Elena carries a sense of optimism that allows her to keep going obstacle after obstacle. But do not let this demeanor fool you. Elena is a fragile and sensitive woman who refuses to acknowledge such stress is present. Perhaps that might be why she speaks to her dolls and objects.

Background:
    Out of Mr. and Mrs. Lluviera's love came their first child and blessing, Elena. She grew in an environment the Lluvieras knew all too well - living paycheck to paycheck and looking for new job prospects, all while raising a child. Despite the living conditions, papa Lluviera refused to let Elena experience the hardship. He dedicated his being to working like a mule, earning any penny he could to put into his family. Meanwhile mama Lluviera took the role of an endearing housewife who smothered Elena in love and attention.

Unsurprisingly another sibling emerged years later. Consequently Elena's given attention was diminishing, yet standards rising. She acquired a new role as the eldest sibling; to carve a path to success for her sibling to follow behind, but easier said than done. She was pushed to succeed and papa Lluviera rigorously spent hours on end harping her to achieve perfection.

Elena's mind flourished. Intellectually she was growing by leaps and bounds, seeking both the attention and recognition from her papa that she had been deprived of. If it wasn't an achievement he paid her no heed. This resulted in Elena's academic perfection, constantly showered by compliments and words of encouragement that kept her going. Unfortunately that's all Elena was great at. Socially she was a wreck, for instance. Friends were rare and hard to keep with her schooling taking priority.

Life was shining for Elena. Ambition and energy were at an all-time high in addition to finally growing closer with her parents not as a daughter, but as a friend.

But it would come to a cease. Having been ditched on a date and made to pay the bill, she meandered back home with a clouded mind. As a result she left herself vulnerable, a sitting duck for anybody to kidnap.

And so it did happen.

Hybrid Typing:
    Poison
    Hybrid Ability:
    Effect Spore
    Hybrid Moveset:
    Baneful Bunker • Sludge Wave • Poison Jab • Poison Fang

Attack execution:
    Baneful Bunker: Although unable to hold to it long, Estelle can create a transparent forcefield with a viscous, periwinkle liquid oozing from it.
    Sludge Wave: An eggplant-colored pool begins to materialize around Elena. With it she can send a few waves of it with hand motions.
    Poison Jab: Her hands glow purple, ready to jab her opponent.
    Poison Fang: As implied, Elena's teeth glow purple and small fangs take shape

Starter Pokemon: Riolu
    Starter Name: Tia
    Starter Gender: Female
    Starter Moveset:
    Poison Jab (TM move) • Quick Attack • Endure
    Starter Ability: Standard: Inner Focus​

Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
  • Yes, I finally put the link for in the OP. Once I few more people get their starting posts up in that thread I'll make another post to move the story along.

Evily

Years
  • About the typing, if our character has one typing, will they be able to gain a second later or like reveal they have a second typing?

Evily

Years
  • Also, is it ok if I change some things on my character quickly? And are they all wearing the same outfit in the beginning or their own outfit?

Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
  • Yeah, if you want to change some things that's ok. I'll just recheck it afterward to make sure everything's ok.

The characters are wearing their own outfits. Deus never cared about their disposable test subjects enough to give them special suits. And due to Pokémon logic, nobody's personal clothes were destroyed by testing.

Years
  • I'm still here! Things have just stopped, though. It's a little sad, as DTiS has always been a rather fast paced game. Where is everyone?

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
  • ff0dcddd1d57c22bb5c09beecae0a4a4.png
    Name: Flame.
    Personality: Flames a pretty relaxed guy he isn't that scared that he got kidnapped he's just sad that his baltoy got taken away from him other than that he's acting all cheerfull and making annoying noises so that the scientists might get annoyed and release him and his partner pokemon baltoy.

Background:Flame was born in Lavaridge town with his older sister being Flannery but at that time his grandfather was the gym leader who was soon retiring, Mr, Moore (The Grandfather) wanted Flame to be the gym leader Flame didn't want to be a gym leader because he thought it would be boring so that night he took his baltoy and ran away, he ran until he reached Petalburg City he stopped to rest in the pokemon center, he sat on the chair and eventually fell asleep when he woke up everyone was gone he stood up and tried to leave the pokemon center but right when he was about to leave he felt someone pinching him and then Flame passed out.

Hybrid Typing: Fire-Fighting.
    Hybrid Ability: Contrary.
    Hybrid Moveset: Overheat, Superpower, Close Combat, Hammer Arm.
    Attack execution: Mostly hand to hand combat occasionally uses Overheat if there are multiple opponents.

Starter Pokemon: Baltoy.
    Starter Name: Deception.
    Starter Gender: Genderless.
    Starter Moveset: Harden, Confusion, Rapid Spin, and Ice Beam.
    Starter Ability: Levitate.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2019
    Name: Caelan Garry
    attachment.php

Appearance: She is 5'6" with pale skin and soft green eyes, uncharacteristically full of life after the inhumane experiments. Her thin arms belie her years of training, the muscle tone barely noticeable. She wears a short white skirt with green frills. Caelan once had brown hair, but it grew back long and blonde after she was infused with Electric-type DNA.
    Personality: She has a warm, gentle, and selfless personality, maintaining a positive attitude and smiling in any situation. The suffering was nothing, since she's just grateful to be alive.
    Background: At 10, she didn't want to travel the region. She was comfortable right where she was, growing up in a happy Saffron City home with two loving parents. That changed at the age of 12, when she learned of a terminal illness that would claim her in 4 years. Instead of a Pokémon journey, she began a race against time, practicing the martial arts and doing whatever she could to slow her deteriorating health. She was driven not by a fierce will to live but by a desire to keep her parents from worrying. As Caelan thinned, she compensated by building herself up, so that she would appear to them the same daughter she'd always been, going through countless hospital visits and hiding the pain of her condition behind a smile. If she kept these two things intact, her physical body and this façade, the last years her family spent with her would be happy ones. Her plans changed when she found out about a potentially life-saving treatment in the Sevii Islands.

Hybrid Typing: Electric/Water
    Hybrid Ability: Water Absorb
    Hybrid Moveset: Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Bubble Beam, Whirlpool
    Attack execution: To use Whirlpool, she envisions a rotating force in her palms before they explode into water tornadoes. She normally executes Thunderbolt with a quick thrust of the index finger but can channel the electricity through her opponent at close range. When Caelan focuses on her target with Thunder Wave, small sparks escape her body and make the air heavier. She blows bubbles with a toy wand.

Starter Pokémon: Mareanie
    Starter Name: Lox
    Starter Gender: Male
    Starter Moveset: Haze, Peck, Venoshock
    Starter Ability: Merciless

Attachments

• 5fMpHJA - Imgur (1).jpg
      5fMpHJA - Imgur (1).jpg
      44.6 KB · Views: 113
    Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
  • I'm still here, my next post is currently a WIP. Been busy with work/traveling lately. Things should be calming back down soI should be able to get the post up this week.

Could you expand on Flame's personality and Background? There really isn't much there to go off of. I'm also going to have to request a replacement attack for Flame's Ice Hammer, as an Ice type move doesn't quite make since for a Fire/Fighting hybrid. Now, if he were to gain Ice as a third type later on that move would be acceptable, but with his current typing, not so much.

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
  • I'm still here, my next post is currently a WIP. Been busy with work/traveling lately. Things should be calming back down soI should be able to get the post up this week.

Could you expand on Flame's personality and Background? There really isn't much there to go off of. I'm also going to have to request a replacement attack for Flame's Ice Hammer, as an Ice type move doesn't quite make since for a Fire/Fighting hybrid. Now, if he were to gain Ice as a third type later on that move would be acceptable, but with his current typing, not so much.

Yeah I will expand and I will change Ice hammer to Hammer arm

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If there is still room, I would like to join now. It seems that things have slowed down a bit with the RP. I will have to come up with a character first though, but if it is still active, I will join if room.

ElBurrito

Years
  • Back