• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkrai's Balloon [PG-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Miharu sighed as people, pokemon, started to rush off. It was really only her and perhaps two other pokemon still in the clearly. Sighing, Miharu walked, not ran, after them. While she was walking, she noticed something out of place in the grass. She looked closer by moving near it and saw that it was the Pansage who was apparently knocked out. Miharu started shaking the Pansage while asking;

"Is Pansage alright?"

Miharu sighed inwardly. They were never going to get things done.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Christopher the Pikachu glanced back quickly and saw that the Sewaddle was following him. Success! He knew that fellow had some sense of playfulness in him! And Alex was following as well. But... where was Ayumi? Just as he thought that, she came running past him, even faster. Whoa, she clearly had a goal in mind! Christopher wondered what it could be.

Looking back again, he didn't notice that he ran over something. His feet hit the thing on the ground and he stumbled over it, tumbling several rounds around before being stopped by a green bush. Christopher shook his head, slightly whirly. His eyes focused and he spotted something on the floor among the grass and leaves. A bag? It was made of leather and brightly white. It looked really out of place in the green and brown forest. Christopher crept closer and wondered who could have left it there.

Just then, a loud noise was heard from further ahead. It sounded as if someone was shouting out of joy. It didn't sound like a pokémon... Then, the sound of breaking branches was heard. Clearly this was someone who wasn't used to traversing forests and couldn't take a silent step here to save their life. A face emerged from behind the trees. It wasn't looking directly at the Pikachu, but it was just a matter of time before it spotted him.

Christopher's brain processed several thoughts during the next second. The first was: Oh, a human! She can probably help us! The next thought was: Oh, human. Maybe she won't understand us. The third and most grasping one was: Human... in forest. What did young human girls with eager faces do in forests? And clenching pokéballs in their hands... what... did that mean... that she was going to...

And then 1+1 became 2. It was her bag. Ahaaa, Christopher felt happy about himself for coming to a sensible conclusion. But that was until the girl spotted him, sitting next to the bag.

"Uh... hi?" the Pikachu said.

The trainer's eyes widened.

Would Adam, Alex and Kris notice the human before she noticed them? Had Ayumi spotted the human?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Lars, Rufflet M

Lars gulped. The clearing was filtering out fast, and if he was going to make any sort of decision, it had to be made now. Noticing that most of the people were running off after Christopher the Pikachu, he first wondered whether he should just stay here... at least, if he stayed here, he wouldn't have to go with them. And hopefully he could hide from anything else that came around looking for something to... erk... eat... Looking clearly upset, Lars quickly scanned the area again, more frantically now, in search of any human being carrying a large shiny metal object. There was nothing there except one or two Pokémon. But now the thought was into his mind, it would not get out, and he was growing steadily more unnerved.

What if there is someone here? Someone... who wants to...

Instead of finishing that charming thought, Lars gave a tiny chirp of alarm and scrambled along as fast as he could. He obviously couldn't fly yet, his wings weren't developed or coordinated enough for that, and Rufflets weren't built for running. He could only hope that they wouldn't decide it was just easier to leave him behind, with... with...

Years
    Evan felt himself being roughly handled. Somebody was shaking him. "Urghhhh...." The Pansage slowly and painfully opened his eyes. Shaking him was the Axew he had seen previously in the clearing. Evan rubbed his forehead and back which ached badly. Looking around, he sat up and asked the Axew, "Where am I?" After saying that, he felt slightly giddy and slumped against a thick tree root.

He was in no state to walk, not even try to look for that irritable balloon. How could he possibly manage to keep up with the others? Then he noticed that Christopher was actually right next to him, but the Pikachu's attention wasn't on him or the Axew. Following the line of vision, he realized that Christopher was staring at.....a human! It was a Trainer and was probably trying to catch either one of them or all.

Gotta run, not gonna be caught and stuck in some Trainer's ball forever. Evan began to panic, causing his wounds to douse him in agony. The Axew still continued to look worriedly at him. He reached out his arm to steady himself the Axe Jaw Pokemon as he tried to stand up. He wobbled for a moment and staggered to the nearest tree in an effort to hide from the human girl. Speaking to the Axew, "Run, go. Don't worry about me, I'll do fine. Escape while you can!" He panted and puffed as he inhaled and exhaled sporadically. Even talking seemed to be too much for him, but he had to move on.

Spinning to face a tall thick tree, he rummaged through the brambles and found a little hiding spot within the network of creepers and tree roots. It was a small den, able to fit 2 or 3 other Pokemon that same size as him. It was covered from outside view by the undergrowth and a bramble bush could make a screen door. The interior was comfy and the earth was soft. Evan broke of bits of the bark walls to create holes as shelves to store food and stuff. This could be my home! He thought happily at his own creativity. The the reminder of a Trainer lurking outside froze him. Quietly, he shuffled to the darkest recesses of his den, so if anyone would care to peer within the undergrowth, they wouldn't see him. Not knowing what was going on outside, he decided that staying very silent and still would be the best option. Sooner or later, the girl would have to go off.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu sighed slightly. She realized that a human girl, most likely a trainer, had come and was staring shockingly at Chris. However, she didn't really think anything of it. Perhaps she could still write in English and would be able to explain...nah, most likely that they might experment on her to see what made her turn into a pokemon. Even if she was a fellow scientist. However, it was evident that the Pansage was hurt as he wobbled slightly, although Miharu didn't show concern in her face and eyes. Miharu glanced at the trainer who was shocked at Chris when he started talking. That either meant that she really was a beginning trainer and hadn't seen a wild pokemon yet, that this was not a place where one would find a Pikachu, or somehow Chris had talked in English and the trainer could actually understand him. Hopefully it was the latter.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns

An actual human!

-----

I looked down to see Miharu, Christopher, Ayumi, the Sewaddle...Adam, I think, a Pansage and...really everybody. The new thing was, besides the Pansage, a human. She was staring at Christopher, Miharu and the Pansage, probably thinking of capturing them. Time to see if I can push a thought.

I floated down to them, keeping an eye on the balloon as I did so, and stared the trainer right in the eye. 'Hello. There is a long story behind all of this, but we are not pokemon. I don't think you should attempt to capture any of us if you meant to do so.' I had no idea if I was able to push a thought, so I guess I would find out. I turned to everyone else, "Perhaps we should go?"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The trainer's face suddenly broke up into a smile. "Lot's of pokémon!" she exclaimed. "And here I thought I was lucky to catch a Sentret on this route, but these are.. I don't even know what kinds these are!"

She pulled up a pokédex and started to try and take their data, but the pokédex displayed an error on most of the pokémon. The only one she really got a reading on was the Pikachu. "What ARE you?" the girl asked the other pokémon.

Christopher was about to answer, when Kris came floating down and stared into the girl's face for a moment. She simply looked confused. "Perhaps we should go?" Kris then said, turning to the others.

"I dunno, she seems friendly enough," Christopher said, shrugging his shoulders. "Hey, excuse me, miss," he said and took a step towards her.

The only reaction they got was: "Go Sentret! Go Chikorita!"

And two pokémon were sent out of their pokéballs, to land in front of the human-pokémon group. The Chikorita was clearly a female one, while the Sentret was a male one who looked a bit roughed up. He turned back to look on his trainer, as if he didn't really understand why he should oblige her.

"Hey!" the Chikorita snapped him out of it. "Our opponents are THAT way! We're on the same team now, remember?"

The Sentret raised an eyebrow and seemed not a little bit unsure. Would he fight the Pikachu and the others or would he run away into freedom as fast as he could? Or even help the other wild pokémon?

Chikorita sighed and turned to stare at Miharu, Kris and Christopher. The girl shouted: "Let's capture them all! Use Razor Leaf!"

Wait, what? She was actually going to battle them, pokémon style? Christopher swallowed. He didn't even know how to use his attacks! And she apparently didn't understand what they said... dang. Chikorita nodded and jumped up into the air while swinging her leaf around. Razor sharp leaves emerged and went straight towards the human-pokémon. How did they fare?

Christopher's instincts told him to take a leap to the side, so the next moment he noticed what his own body was doing, he was one meter to the right, pretty much unscathed. "Whoa," he said. "I'm fast!"

((OOC: Actually, you are free to "bunny" every NPC here, as they are not main characters ^^))

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns

First Fight!

-----

Well, either I couldn't push a thought or this ***** didn't really care. The bad thing was that I had no idea how to use my attacks. This sucked.

"Hey, Sentret, Chikorita! Would you like to know a secret? We're not pokemon!" I yelled in the two pokemons' direction, using anything I could to both stall and get the message through to this chic. I turned and began to float away, only to be attacked by a Razor Leaf. It missed, but it was still enough to make me stop.

"Oh no, you're not getting away that easily!" I turned again and again began to float away, this time into the trees. I ducked behind the trees before I could be attacked again, then positioned myself. If I couldn't use actual attacks, i'd have to make do. I flew out of the trees at full speed and rammed the trainer in the face.

"In yo face!" I said as the girl fell backwards, before standing up and brushing herself off. I floated back into the trees and decided to come from the opposite direction.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I screamed as I flew out of the trees. The girl ducked, and I ran straight into another tree, where it felt like I was stucck there forever when it was really only a second or two.

"I WILL EAT YOUR FACE!" I charged the girl again, and she held out a pokeball in my path. I tried to skid to a stop, which didn't work very well since I was in the air. The pokeball made contact and I went inside it. Only for a second as I rammed it from the inside and burst out of it.

"You asked for it!" Somehow I picked up the pokeball and hurled it at the girl's face. It bounced off, made her stagger backwards, and left a big red mark. "Like I said, not pokemon!"

Years
    Evan had somehow fell asleep in his comfy little makeshift den, but was woken by sounds of battle from outside. The bushes shielding his hideout was suddenly battered and raged by sharp leafy discs that came from nowhere. His cover was off, everyone outside could spot his den many steps away.

He cautiously pop his green head out and peered at the trees around him. Evan swerved his gaze to where the commotion was. It came from where he fainted at. The trainer! Christopher! Kris! That Axew! Were they alright?

The monkey quietly crept out of the thick undergrowth and once he thought that he was at the right place, burst his head out of the bush he was in. Again, from nowhere, green grass discs whizzed past his head, nearly cutting him. He swiftly ducked down before calming himself. "I nearly got killed!" He gasped before slowly putting his head out again. This time nothing flew past and he immediately leaped out of the foliage. He realized what was happening. The girl had sent out a Chikorita and a Sentret, that looked like it was a Magikarp out of water in this scenario. Probably just caught... The Chikorita was obviously the reason for nearly beheading him. Evan's eyes furrowed into a stern frown. Oh, that Chikorita won't get away with it. He lunged forward, his leafy tail shooting out as a tendril and he swerved to slap the Pokemon with a Vine Whip. She cried in shock and pain before released a flurry of spiny leaves at him. He got grazed badly but was not injured by it as bad as he thought. That's right, I'm Grass type too. So none of your attacks work on me. The Pansage smirked.

Evan then notice the Solosis ramming the girl's face and lobbing a Pokeball at her, which bruised her. Christopher the Pikachu had also dodged an attack from the Chikorita. That human girl was bent on catching them, but she had to be told that they weren't Pokemon! The Sentret just stood there doing nothing and Evan did not know what to do. He walked up to the Sentret and tried to negotiate with it, but before he could speak, it rake its claws at him and flung him to the nearest tree. The last thing he saw before blacking out(again), was a red-and-white ball landing right in front of him and glowing a beam of red.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Whatever the hell was going on, Alex was NOT coming out from behind the tree. He had rushed after Christopher as quickly as his stubby little legs could take him...but it showed he wouldnl't make it anytime soon. However, when he arrived at the little battlefield, everyone battling everything, he did the sensible thing...

And rushed over to one of the trees and dove behind it, hands covering over his head. He discovered his arms and legs could be pulled into his body. Maybe if he lay REAL still, they'd think he was a rock.

Pleasedon'tfindme, pleasedon'tfindme, pleasedon't find me...He chanted in his head, eyes closed tight. He wasn't a fighter. Never was. He didn't even know if he could do anything.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu sighed at the trainer, but her pokemon gave her a clue as to where they were. They were obviously in Johto, especially if the trainer had a Chikorita and a Sentret. Since the Sentret looked fairly uncertain, it must have been just caught. With the sounds of the ocean she heard when she "woke up", they must be near NewBark Town. Having at least a rough estimate of where they were, Miharu felt a little bit calmer...right up until the Chikorita threw Razor Leaves at them. Miharu flipped high enough to avoid the Razor Leaves and landed slightly wobbly. She still wasn't exactly used to the body yet. She looked at the Sentret, it seemed that the Chikorita was focusing on some of the others now.

"I think Sentret should know that we are not exactly pokemon," started Miharu. "Sentret might think of us as insane, but we are, were, humans. If Sentret's trainer does not leave, we will have to defeat Sentret and Chikorita." Miharu shrugged slightly. "We outnumber Sentret and Chikorita, but technically most of us had not battled ever, and none of us are completely comfortable with their new bodies."

Sentret looked shocked. "You guys are humans? If you're trying to pull a fast one on me, then I'll scratch your face in!"

Miharu sighed. "I am not "trying to pull a fast one" on Sentret. I am not sure what we can do to convince Sentret, but we are, were, humans."

Sentret looked hesitant. "What are your views on humans capturing pokemon?"

Miharu shrugged. "During my own journey, I made sure that each of the pokemon I captured wanted to come with me on my journey. As I can tell with Sentret, the trainer did not ask Sentret if he wanted to journey with her. If I had captured Sentret and Sentret did not want to go with me, then I would let him go. If Sentret meant my views on humans capturing pokemon in general, that I feel that it is okay as long as they have the pokemon's consent."

The Sentret pondered whether or not to believe Miharu and opened his mouth to say...

((OOC: RCHP can choose if Sentret believes Miharu. XD))

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The Sentret pondered whether or not to believe Miharu and opened his mouth to say...

"I think... you might be right."

Some leaves and a vine whip came flashing by them but Sentret didn't seem to care about the battle going on beside him, he only looked at Miharu with a wrinkled eyebrow. ((OOC: Uh, do they have eyebrows though? XD))

"I was caught... just a moment ago. I didn't even have time to heal and rest before getting thrown into this... all this. But thinking about it..."

He looked back up at the eager human trainer, who was directing her Chikorita against the other pokémon. She glanced questioningly at him. Sentret finally smiled back.

"So you've been a trainer too?" he asked Miharu. "Well then... I'll follow my own trainer and defeat you now!"

And with that, he jumped up and flung his thick tail in some kind of slap towards Miharu's face, blindingly fast.

Meanwhile, the Pikachu who had once been a boy called Cristopher jumped aside as Evan and Chikorita lounged at each other. ((OOC: Can we just pretend Christopher and Evan know each other's name? ^^')) That Pansage really seemed to instinctively know what to do. Then, suddenly, he was knocked out and a pokéball wrapped itself around him. Evan was gone. Inside the pokéball. Christopher gasped.

"How... she... captured him!" Was that a good or a bad thing? He didn't really know but... Evan wasn't a pokémon! He was a human, for Ho-oh's sake! "I'll show you!" Christopher said, jumping towards the Chikorita. She smiled and flung her leaf at him, somehow making him flinch in midair and land on his nose in the dirt. Chikorita giggled.

"You think this is fun?" Christopher asked angrily. "The pokémon in there... he isn't a pokémon! He is human!"

"Oh yeah? And I'm a giant rock snake! Roooaar!" Chikorita replied and came towards Pikachu in a tackle.

Christopher instinctively dodged again, and Chikorita stumbled over the wobbling pokéball on the ground. Wait a minute. It was wobbling! Maybe Evan wasn't completely caught yet?

Christopher felt hope coming back. He had seen Miharu talk to the Sentret as well, but now it had attacked her. He would fight as well. His cheeks started to sparkle... he hit himself with the paw. What was that? Oh, right... the cheeks were where the electric shocks from Pikachus emerged! Chikorita got back up on her feet and stared at him and the trainer shouted something. Christopher's cheeks sparkled and crackled and he was just about to send a shock towards her... when he spotted Alex.

The tiny Darumaka was curled up behind a tree. Christopher wouldn't have seen him if he hadn't jumped to the side to avoid attacks. His arms and feet were gone, but he seemed to be almost shivering. Christopher totally lost his focus and instead dove to avoid yet another attack from Chikorita.

"Why aren't you attacking? What are you doing?" Chikorita shouted, annoyed.

"I don't want to fight you!" Christopher said. "Kris! Eat her... leaf, will ya?" And with that, he jumped off towards Alex, picked the motionless ball of red fur up and quickly climbed a tree with him. Christopher was amazed at his own climbing skills; as a boy he had been more than great at it, but to climb a high tree without many branches when carrying someone else? Cool.

He put Alex down safely on a broad branch close to the stem. There the boy would be safe and away from the fight. Christopher was pretty sure that Chikoritas couldn't climb trees. Sitting next to the Darumaka, he peered down at the surprised Chikorita and stuck out his tongue playfully.

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Psychic salad!

-----

"Kris! Eat her... leaf, will ya?"

"Huh?" I turned at the mention of my name, before I registered what had been said. "Alrighty then!" I soared towards Chikorita, putting on my best 'I'm psychotic and amz going to eatz you' face. When I got to her I went to her leaf, somehow managed to get my mouth around it, so I guess it was inside the green stuff now. I bit down and held on, nibbling a bit. I didn't need to know the move Bite to know how to eat someone's face.

"Mmm, salad!" I exclaimed as I continued to 'eat' Chikorita. She didn't really taste that good and I wasn't really eating her, but it was still enough to freak her out.

"AAAGH! GET OFF ME! GEEEEET OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFF MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" She screamed as she flailed around, trying to shake me off.

Time to try it out. I let go of her leaf and drew back a bit, before launching a pinkish-violet wave that hit her in the face. Yes! I knew I had this whole psychic thing down once I launched that pokeball at that *****'s face, without even touching it.

"Time to try out some more moves!" I said as I generated a barrier that enveloped everyone of us humans-turned-pokemon. I had used Reflect, so damage from physical moves would be cut. Oh, yayz! I used one last move, which I was surprised I was able to use. I generated a weird purple-ish ray that enveloped Chikorita for a moment, before it disappeared and her eyes glowed purple, a typical sign of confusion. I knew how to use Confuse Ray!

"Garsdjkbnhfdllarfjndsflns CHEESE!" Chikorita said in her stupor. This whole confusion thing seemed much funnier when you could understand the pokemon.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    Ayumi went back towards the group, contented with the berries she has found laying on the forest floor. Was she ashamed of eating things off of the floor? No. She's a Pokémon now, and she couldn't care less where what she's eating came from wherever that is. She followed her tracks back and noticed that she had traveled quite a distance. But she shrugged. It's not like the others were in dire danger, and that it would be their last time together, right? Well, not exactly. As soon as she made it back to the group, everything looked horribly wrong. FIrst of all, there was a female trainer, which could've meant two things: she either came there to train, or she came there to capture. Either way, Ayu wouldn't like her "friends" to be hurt and/or captured. She turned her attention towards the group, and noticed two additional Pokémon with them. One was green and had a leaf stuck on its head, and the other looked like a squirrel-thingy. She never really was that good in identifying Pokémon.

Suddenly, someone shouted, "Kris, eat her..." but Ayumi wasn't able to hear the rest of the sentence because her mind told her to EAT as well. Her legs went wild and ran aimlessly towards the squirrel-thingy, apparently hoping that it had food on him. She rammed the creature with a full-force Tackle, making it skitter sideways a little. Then her mind processed the rest of the sentence, "...leaf, will ya?" She turned her gaze towards a green blob thingy who was munching on the other green thingy's leaf. Oooooh... she thought, well that was embarrassing. Suddenly, the squirrel-thingy retaliated with a smack of its tail on Ayumi's face. "Yes, Sentret! That's it. Keep going!" the trainer said. Ayu figured she must be talking to the squirrel creature who had just smacked her in the face. Which reminds me. "Owww!" she exclaimed, as her never-before-been-hit face has been hit by a strong smack of a thick tail. She rubbed the spot where she'd been hit. "What'd you do that for?" she half-sarcastically asked the Sentret. "Because my trainer told me to." he sarcastically answered, before hitting her again with his tail. This time, Ayu was able to dodge, but only by a hair's length. He was fast. Way fast. The green blob caught her attention again when it shot a pinkish violet wave towards its opponent. If only I knew how to use any of my attacks... she thought, but her thinking was immediately disrupted when the seriously fast Sentret hit her with a really fast smack by his really fast tail. The result? Ayu's face got smacked down on the cold hard ground. Did it hurt? Hell yeah it did.

It took all of her willpower to stand back up again. She was furious. Not at the Sentret. At herself, and whoever's fault it was she became a Munchlax. If she was still human, she would've been at home, cooking something for dinner, or fixing her collections. If she knew how to make her attacks work, she would've been able to fight this darned Sentret. Without her knowing, she started wagging her finger, which was normal. As a human, Ayumi, without her knowing, would waggle her fingers when she was frustrated. Her friends, I mean, her classmates, would know when she was starting to get furious because she would start that waggling thing. Her mom told her that someday, that habit of hers would pay off. And apparently, it was about to. After a few moments, her finger started to glow, and the ground started to shake. Violently. The Sentret fell hard on the ground, facefirst, and it took a great amount of power for her to remain standing up. She wasn't able to see how the others were doing because she was still mad, and she had no idea what just happened.

Years
    Evan regained his consciousness a few minutes later and found himself in a room of pure whiteness. Where am I? He was confused; he was in a small room that was spherical in shape. It was getting quite claustrophobic too. The room felt to him like a hamster cage and he had no idea what kind of room this was. This was very strange. The interior of the room was pale grey, with a groove in the middle of the walls. Actually, there were no walls. The whole place was circular! As Evan spanned his view around, he then noticed a blackish dot, the size of his Pansage palm if not slightly smaller. It looked like it was engraved into the sides of the room and was located right in the middle of the groove. Evan touched it hesitantly. It felt sleek.

He tried to find a way to escape from this place. He slowly touched the 'walls' before knocking cautiously. He rattled sharp metallic sounds of the 'walls'. Metallic? Why this place is getting weirder by the second! It finally dawned on Evan that he was somewhere he should not and would never want to be in- a Poke Ball! He realized that the dot he discovered was the button to unlock the technological capsule and the reason why the interior was so high-tech and metallic was beause it was a Poke Ball! I have to get out of here!!! "Help!! Somebody help me! I'm not a Pokemon!" Panicking, he instinctively started battering and hammering the 'walls' with his fists.

After a while, he said, "Hey, I have powers. Why don't I use them to my advantage?" Starting to get the hang of it, his green tail transfigured as a strong vine and he started whacking and slapping the sides of the capsule. In rising frustration, his hands started to help in the job of escaping. He crazily raked and scratched the surfaces of the ball and his tail continued to whip and crackle. In a desperate attempt, he body-slammed himself against the Poke Ball and then, the room started to rock and sway. It rolled a few rounds before stopping and with more determination in his eyes; the Pansage dealt a strong blow from his Vine Whip against the black button. The capsule released its lock on him for a second before clamping down on him. Not giving up, the fury of a desperate Pansage within him took over his body and for a few moments, the Grass-type Pokemon raged about inside.

The leafy sprout on his head shone brightly for a few seconds as it charged with energy and rainbow-coloured leaves sprinkled out from the foliage and blasted the interior of the capsule. The button shattered to smithereens under multiple impacts and Evan found himself flying out of the room into the outside. He was momentarily blinded by the drastic change in light and everything around became larger. Soon, he was back in the forest and to his right on the ground, an opened Poke Ball lay there with it's hinges cracked and surface covered in specks of dirt.

The same Sentret and Chikorita were still battling with the others. Apparently, that Trainer was bent on capturing them. She and her Pokemon ought to be taught a lesson, especially that Sentret who almost gotten him into trouble with that darn ball. Evan now knew how caught Pokemon felt. Bored, lonely and claustrophobic in that tiny amount of space. He saw Christopher the Pikachu with a Darumaka on a tree branch. He then shifted his attention to the Solosis who was nipping on the Chikorita's leaf. She was shrilling at him to get away and he seemed to like her hysteria. Also, he noticed that the Solosis had also managed to unleash his innate powers and had hurled a blob of psychic energy at her. The Chikorita became confused by the psychic energy and kept blabbering stuff that Evan could not make out.

On the other hand, Ayumi the Munchlax had arrived with a pile of berries and was now fighting with the Sentret. Somehow, she was waggling her finger and a huge power was summoned, causing everything to vibrate violently and shake. "Earthquake!! EARTHQUAKE!!" Evan yelled above the noise as he scurried for somewhere to shelter from falling branches and toppling trees. A big Sitrus berry bombed from a tree limb and landed in front of him. "Ooh, a berry. Might be useful." He mumbled and took the berry in his arms. The Pansage temporarily took refuge under a large plant that had leaves the size of umbrellas. He heard long twigs and broken chunks of bark and foliage raining down around them. The ground continued to groan and roar and hairline fissures started to appear in the soil. After what seemed like eternity, the quakes finally came to an end. Evan staggered and wobbled out of the sheltered spot and walked with some difficulty as he was still trembling all over from the shock the earthquake gave him. The Trainer was still intently staring at all of them, her Sentret and Chikorita were positioned for any sudden attacks. The Chikorita did not look ruffled, as if the quake did nothing to her, she probably was used to all these battling surprises. The Sentret was bristling, especially at the Munchlax who appeared to not know the commotion she created.

Evan remembered his motives and started to attack the Chikorita. The Trainer caught his movement and dished out a command. His opponent dodged his Vine Whip deftly and shrieked in his ear. He cringed with his hands covering his shivering ear as the Chikorita swished her leaf and flying leaf razors came towards him. The Pansage ducked and he glared at her rudely. She looked shocked and taken back by his insolent look. Evan then launched a flurry of purple, orange and crimson leaves at her. The flittering leaves burst around the Chikorita and she was covered in a multitude of rainbow-coloured energy. She countered with more grass discs that grazed his arms and legs.

The Trainer then shouted, "Ok, that's enough. Go, Poke Ball!" Oh no, she won't. The Pansage jumped up and used his left leg to kick the ball. The ball flew in another direction towards the Sentret and clocked him on the head. The ball beamed a red laser but the aura was reflected off the Sentret, as it was already caught and obviously cannot be caught twice, and the ball went dim and dropped to the earth. "Arrrrrgghhhhh! These wild Pokemon keep using up my Poke Balls! Ugh!" She then smiled slyly as she uttered another order and the Chikorita then a twist in mid-air as a purplish cloud of poisonous dust formed around the vicinity. Evan knew what the cloud was- a PoisonPowder. He warned the others, "Watch out. Whatever you do, do not breathe in the cloud!" He took in a huge breath and covered his nose and mouth with his hands. He closed his eyes so as to prevent them from being stung. He let out a cough as he struggled to move forward without inhaling the dust. Once he got close enough, he unleashed a burst of shimmering colourful leaves that exploded into fireworks and sparkles around him and the Chikorita. She cried in pain as she was flung backwards by the impact of the Magical Leaf. She stopped producing the poisonous powder but the purple cloud still enveloped the whole area. Evan gagged as he tried as much as to not breathe in the intoxicating cloud. I hope the wind blows it away soon. Where was that Rufflet? He could use some moves to blow everything away.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Alex didn't expect to be pulled away as quickly as he did. HEll, he didn't even expect to be noticed. However, in the middle of the tree was better than on the ground, near the danger. One eye opened to see he was with the Pikachu, Christoper. He unfolded his arms and legs from his body and gave a sigh of relief.

"Thanks..." he said with another sigh, looking over the branch and saw that the battle had gone to hell really quickly. He winced as the purple cloud wafted over the field, holding his breath while he did.

What now...he thought to himself. Would e really be able to fight? Could he even use any attacks?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    This wasn't good. This wasn't good at all.

Lars seemed to just stand there, watching wide-eyed as the battle raged on directly in front of him. It seemed almost like he was too paralyzed with fear to even run for his own safety... though chances are he really was. That trance was only broken when his mind convinced him into seeing that the Chikorita was looking over at him in a menacing snarl, when in reality it was just looking around at all the Pokémon. Stifling a terrified squeak, the bird Pokémon gracelessly lunged for the nearest source of cover.

This nearest source of cover just so happened to be a tree. It had seemed like a good hiding spot at first... until he noticed A. something that looked strikingly like a Darumaka huddling there as well, and B. that Pikachu from earlier swooping in to deliver a smiting to what was supposedly the Darumaka. Once again far too startled and disoriented to make any sort of triumphant escape, and therefore leaving himself completely open to attack (or worse, interaction) from some of the other Pokémon, Lars sat there in a little trembling ball of feathers, not sure exactly what to do.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    "Thanks..." Alex said.

"It was nothing," Christopher said with a smile, before suddenly grabbing hold of the stem of the tree due to it massively shaking. An earthquake? Here?

Then he saw that the Darumaka suddenly held his breath. What was that for now?

Turning around, Christopher saw a pink cloud come floating up through the crown of the tree. "Ah, that looks cute!" He waggled out on the thick branch in the tree and tried to poke it. Before his little finger reached it though... he saw Evan on the ground. He was holding his breath as well, frantically looking around. Finally, Christopher's brain added things together, and his hand quickly retracted. The cloud was spreading out though.

Lars the Rufflet was sitting close to them in the tree, Christopher then noticed. ((OOC: I think?)) He would surely blow the poison cloud away if it got near him! But Christopher and Alex could do no such thing...

"Let's get down again!" Christopher said to Alex and began climbing down the tree. "It's floating upwards and spreading out!"

When he got down, he saw that the Sentret was pretty much out. The trainer saw it as well. She wasn't happy. She withdrew the Sentret into its pokéball. Chikorita didn't seem all well either. From Evan's gesturing and the Pikachu's instinct to suddenly hold his breath, him too, it was now clear that the poison cloud came from the Chikorita. Something snapped inside the normally kind and happy Christopher. He had never really thought about what wild pokémon felt like when trainers were battling them. Maybe they were like the Sentret, liking it more or less eventually... but they weren't pokémon. And this human and her Chikorita, they were hurting his only friends here. He was angry now.

Ignoring the pink dust still around them, Christopher let out a squeak (it would have been a growl, but he's a mouse...) and charged forward. When the Chikorita countered his soon-to-be-tackle with her leaf, he instead let out an unprepared jolt of electricity through his cheeks. It hit Chikorita straight on and seemed to make her dizzy. A Thunder Wave?

Then he stopped right in front of her. "You will pay," he said, totally stealing the line from any movie or game he'd played. He fired up his cheeks once more... and let out a concentrated shock through the grass pokémon. Of course, it didn't hit hard, seeing as Chikorita is a grass type, but it hit alright.

The trainer seemed to finally realize she was on the losing side. "Chikorita, let's not give a damn about these weird wild pokés and go back to New Bark instead! You've gotta heal up and I've gotta fetch more pokéballs from home!"

With that, the girl turned and ran back through the thick leaves of the forest. The Chikorita snorted and shook her head in an effort to focus. Christopher stood by Evan's and Ayumi's side and did nothing to stop the grass pokémon as she followed her trainer with one last stingy line: "We're not finished."

When they were finally gone, a sort of silence seemed to settle itself down where the human-pokémon stood. Christopher breathed out. Then he turned to the others. "You guys were awesome! You can fight like pokémon do! Uh, maybe I did too," he added, realizing that. "Awesome."

"By the way," he continued. "Did you hear that? We're near New Bark, I swear! Should we follow them? At a distance, of course."

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    Everything happened so fast. One second someone was smacking her face with a tail, then all of a sudden she was standing with Christopher, and a green monkey. Wow, she thought. A lot of things has happened so far and she still doesn't know everyone's names. She made a mental note about that. Learn everyone's name in the group. The trainer that was supposed to capture the group was now walking away with that green creature thing with a leaf on its head following her. She made a mental note about that, too. Get to know Pokémon's names.

The forest was now silent. After all the commotion that had just occurred, everything had grown a lot calmer. "You guys were awesome! You can fight like pokémon do! Uh, maybe I did too," Christopher said, breaking the cold silence that formed within the group, "Awesome," he added. Then that's when Ayumi started wondering if she did anything to help the group in that battle. She shrugged. Hey. At least everything's fine now, she told herself.

"By the way," Christopher suddenly said. "Did you hear that? We're near New Bark, I swear! Should we follow them? At a distance, of course."

Ayumi thought hard. She didn't hear anything about New Bark. But based on her knowledge about world geography, she knew that the town of New Bark in Johto was in fact near a forest. And further inside that forest is the ocean. That must mean Christopher's right. They were near New Bark. Ayu gave herself a pat on the back. Hah! I'm a Munchlax who knows a lot!, she thought. She decided to quickly answer Christopher's question, before they notice her thinking to herself. "Sure. But can we eat when we reach the town? I'm kind of starving." she added.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Christopher laughed a little at Ayumi's question. Then he heard his own stomach grumble.

"Actually, that might not be a bad idea. There's got to be some people who want to feed some hungry pokémon. Hey, isn't there anyone here who lived in New Bark before they became pokémon?"

Christopher looked around and realized that he hadn't seen the Buizel or the Sewaddle for a while. He wondered where they had gotten too. Maybe the human trainer had caught them? He was terrified at the thought. But then again... maybe it would be cool to be a pokémon traveling on a trainer's team... he'd want to be a trainer himself one day. At least in imagination. Surely it couldn't be that bad being a trainer's pokémon?

His stomach grumbled again. If he had a trainer, he would surely be fed, at least. He suddenly wondered what time it was, and looked up into the sky. Noon... probably. Far from breakfast time. Lunch. He had to find lunch!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back