• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkrai's Balloon [PG-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Miharu held her breathe when the Poison Powder had came by and watched the ends of the battle. Seems that not all of them had never seen a pokemon before. And it seemed that she was right when she thought they were near New Bark. Interesting.

"I never lived there, although I went there a couple of times," stated Miharu. "We should probably find a way out of this forest and onto a path, most likely I will be able to direct us to where ever it is anyone needs to go."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Since nobody else was acting, Christopher decided that he'd better once again take the lead. He nodded to the others and set off in the direction where the trainer and Chikorita had disappeared.

The forest was rather dense, but it became less and less dense as Christopher walked on. The yellow sunlight told him it was early afternoon by now. Looking up into the sky isn't always the best thing to do when walking straight forward though. Suddenly, something was in his way and he walked straight into it, hitting his head and tumbling backwards. Shaking and rubbing his aching head, the little Pikachu looked up. A sign?

Good thing he could apparently still read as a pokémon. "East to... East to New Bark town!"

He looked to his right and saw smoke rising from a small village in the distance. Smoke? Were they having a big party with a fire... or was there a fire going on?

He looked back to see if anybody else had followed him out to the route and if they had spotted the sign and the smoke from New Bark. Then something completely different caught his eye. Something hovering over the houses in the distance... something very small but glimmering in the sunlight. The pink balloon.

"The balloon! It's there!" he shouted and pointed. Why... why would it be heading towards what looked like a fire going on? Did it want to put itself in dangerous situations? Christopher gulped.

"Maybe this is a game after all..."

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Looking around, Lars ruffled his feathers nervously. That Pikachu was going off on his own way again, to do... something. That would definitely bring him closer to that Trainer and her psychopathic Chikorita. But on the other hand, staying here would leave him open to who knows how many other dangers... and he wouldn't have anyone to protect him! At least if he went with that Pikachu then he might get some protection... convince the Pikachu that he deserved saving...

After a significantly long pause, Lars shook his head. The Pikachu was disappearing into the trees. It was definitely now or never. So Lars chose 'now' and half-fluttered, half-ran after him; he would need to learn to fly some time soon, but that could be done after he had some kind of defense.

Years
    (OOC: I'm alive, I'm alive! Venomire hasn't posted for a long while. 0.o)

Christopher had rushed off towards the direction of the female Trainer. Ayumi and a few more others followed the yellow mouse. Just then, the Pikachu halted in his tracks and perked up at a rather rugged and weather-worn signpost.

"East....East to New Bark town!"

So they were near civilization, but that seemed a bad thing to Evan. He didn't want to go near any humans for a while, after what just happened. The Pansage scampered up to the front of the group and stopped behind the Pikachu as they both noticed the pink balloon drifting above the houses. It was heading near what looked like a puffing cloud of smoke that trailed out from behind human infrastructures.

"The balloon! It's there!" Christopher cried out. Evan noticed the Pokemon somewhat gulped, if he could say so himself.

"This is such a childish game. Whoever made us Pokemon and that balloon must be as crazy as an upside-down Spoink. Why, Tepigs would fly!" Evan muttered.

"Maybe this is a game after all..." Oh I agree pal. A seriously stupid sadistic game made for humans to nearly become a tamed Pokemon for circus antics!

"What a freak show we've become.." He didn't expect that last trail of thought to exit his brain through his mouth but what's said was said. Evan stumbled forward and what he saw held his breath. They were high up above New Bark town with the path winding downhill. He could see the cottages with windmills at the roofs and what seems to be a laboratory with a fancy blue roof. That's New Bark!! He waved his arm back to the rest behind him to come over. Everyone had to see this.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    "Yeah..." Christopher said as a response to Evan's muttering. "It's all very weird. But we can't just do nothing, can we?"

His stomach grumbled and he clutched his arms around himself. "Uh, I for one would like to find some food. Anybody spot some berries here? Otherwise we'd better go downtown. I've never been to New Bark, but there's that famous professor's house, isn't it? He's probably nice to pokémon!"

Christopher tried to spot the pink balloon again. "The only ones who can get up there anyways are Lars and Kris, right? And if they were to try to ram or touch the balloon it might pop... I think we should just follow it and let it be until something seems to threaten it. Though, that smoke from the village doesn't bare good..."

He turned to Evan. "Are you with me?"

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns
    New Bark Town

-----

"The only ones who can get up there anyways are Lars and Kris, right? And if they were to try to ram or touch the balloon it might pop... I think we should just follow it and let it be until something seems to threaten it. Though, that smoke from the village doesn't bare good..." Christopher said as I floated up to him.

"Uh...why doesn't the smoke bare well?" I asked and paused for a moment, "Oooh! You mean something's on fire! I get it now." Wait for it, my brain will compute what was just said in a second, "Oh, wait! Fire?! That's not good! We should go-hey, does anybody else feel like eating a salad right now?" I incquired as my mind drifted off into space again. I looked up and saw the balloon. Ooooh, maybe I should go and get it? Wait, tried that already and I completely failed. I couldn't wait to become a Reuniclus and grow arms. Wait, scratch that, I didn't plan to be a pokemon for that long.

"Hey, let's go to Prof. Elm! If there is a fire, we can help! If we help, we might be rewarded! Maybe the reward could be help with getting the balloon! Oh...then i'll want to work on my telepathy so that we can tell them that..." I started to strain my brain and sent a single word: Cheese! I didn't send it to anyone in particular, so I was hoping that somebody got it. "Did anybody hear the thought I just sent?" I looked around, hoping that at least someone did.

OOC: Uggh! I need to fihure out this color-coding thing!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Deciding that the majority of the others, or at least Evan and Kris agreed, Christopher nodded and began walking the road down towards New Bark. The afternoon sun shone yellowish on his fur, making him almost glow in the rays. He didn't really think of keeping watch for more pokémon trainers... hopefully some of the other pokémon did. Christopher was mostly thinking about his growling stomach, and even forgot about the balloon above New Bark for a moment. He was sort of excited to meet professor Elm actually, since he had been hearing about the man many times but never seen him in person. Not that he would be able to understand them... unless he had some sort of machine that could understand pokémon speech? Come to think of it...

"Actually, I... I want cheese."

Christopher stopped for a moment, hearing himself say that. From where had that thought come? Uh, he was a mouse pokémon after all, so maybe it wasn't that weird.

"Uh, I mean, actually, the professor might have some sort of machine that can make him understand us! Don't you think? He's a professor... it sounds just like professors to have something like that."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu glanced at Chris when he questioned if Professor Elm had a translation for pokemon.

She shook her head. "None of the professor do," she stated. "If we did, the invention would be all over the news. Plus, we would be able to talk to the pokemon about anything. No need for researching as we do."

Miharu blinked. She just realized that she might have, pretty much, told them that she was a professor herself.

Miharu stared hard at the smoke coming from New Bark Town. "Smoke coming from New Bark Town is something that happens. It is a pretty small town and all everyone uses are chimneys..."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Christopher blinked at Miharu's words. "Oh..." he said. "I hadn't thought of that, about the smoke, hehe... But how do you know so much about the professors? Have you met professor Elm?"

He looked at her with widened eyes. She seemed very wise. He wondered if she was older than the rest of them, or simply had read an awful lot.

"In any case... he's got to have pokémon in there, doesn't he? From what I recall, he gives out pokémon to new professional trainers! So we can talk to them and maybe they can make him understand our problem."

Christopher suddenly felt he was desperate to find something good from all this. He didn't want to walk around plainlessly, running from trainers or angry pokémon.... he wanted to eat, once again.

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Thoughts of cheese...

-----

I turned to Christopher at the cheese comment. Perhaps my thought got through to him? Well...it was time to try another. This time I sent it directly to Christopher. 'Yes, Christopher, cheese. Maybe Professor Elm will give you all the cheese you want if you go to his lab with the others?'

"Uh...I kinda know Professor Elm. After all, I did obtain the title of Unova region champion, so we met. Only a few times though...mainly when he talked to Professor Juniper." I said as I thought. Now I was starting to miss being a human even more. Damn balloon. I turned back in the direction of New Bark Town and began to float towards it.

"I'm going to New Bark Town whether you come or not. So, feel free to follow."

OOC: May not be on much in the next week. Normal people get on more during break, but I get on less. Blame my dad for not having internetz -.-

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu blinked. Unova region champion? That was why his name sounded familiar.

"Professor Elm and I are colleagues," she said in order to response to Chris's question. "I am a pokemon professor, although I specialize in Legendary Pokemon. If we are going to be throwing titles around," the latter statement was directed towards Kris, "then perhaps I should introduce myself formally. Mizushima Miharu or Miharu Mizushima, current legendary pokemon professor, past champion of the Kanto region."

With that stated, Miharu started walking after Kris while sighing all the while. "I am following Kris. Anyone else would like to come?"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Christopher leaned his head a little to the side when he listened. So he was standing here with the champion of a region and a pokémon professor? Gosh, he shouldn't have been fooled by their... rather baby-like appearances now. A Solosis and an Axew with big eyes, even if they weren't exactly joyful eyes. She didn't seem to have much emotion in her. Maybe that made her a very focused and good professor. As for Kris... could he be a champion really? He seemed pretty nervous for being an advanced pokémon trainer. Well, maybe Christopher had just read him a bit wrongly.

Either way, to Christopher they were still pokémon like him right now and he wasn't the one to think one person was more worth than another. He had been raised to be kind to everyone regardless of title. He would probably forget who was the champion and who was the professor soon anyways.

"Yeah... let's go to New Bark then," he said with a small smile and continued walking.

They went on until they were really close to the town. The laboratory was on the outskirts, thankfully, so they didn't have to wander deep into the town and risk getting seen... or caught. The Pikachu made sure the coast was clear before he jumped over the fence outside the house, and rushed into a bush near a window in the garden. He waved to the others to come as well.

Years
    Oh! So it seemed that Evan was with 2 famous Champions! He was nothing big when he was human and stayed the same now that he's a Pansage. Christopher mentioned about cheese and hunger suddenly came to him as if it was waiting for him to remember it. He needed some food and water, he was getting exhausted from the recent happenings.

According to the Axew, they were going to meet Professor Elm who was a friend of theirs. A speech bubble about a translation machine hung in the air but the monkey took no note of it. He continued to stumble ahead of the path, his mind wandering aimlessly in and out of the conversation behind him. He sauntered alone and his gaze now on the balloon that was now very close to the smoke. It hovered over the aerial dust particles before an upwind blew it off course towards the woods behind New Bark. It seems that the balloon was not to be trifled with. They reached the end of the road and a trail forked off towards the entrance of New Bark Town.

"Finally..." Evan breathed. They had reached the town.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Christopher crept closer to the window of the laboratory and jumped up to sit on it. It was open. This was exciting, just like an adventure book! He was sneaking in somewhere. he felt like a stealthy thief when he blinked to the pokémon who were left outside, and jumped inside the house.

It was a big room, with no pokémon or humans in it. The walls were lined with machines and benches. Christopher noticed some pokéballs though, laying on a table. Interesting! This looked just like it... like if it was here that new trainers got their first pokémon. His eyes widened.

Just then, footsteps was heard, and a male voice. The professor was coming. Where could Christopher hide? He tried to jump up to the window again, but being stressed up, he failed and instead hid beneath the table with the pokéballs.

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Lab rat

-----

"I am a pokemon professor, although I specialize in Legendary Pokemon. If we are going to be throwing titles around," Came the voice of the Axew girl, Miharu. For some reason it would be strange if she evolved...it's just hard to picture a female Fraxure or Haxorus.

"Huh? I wasn't just throwing titles around, I was merely stating how I knew Professor Elm." I explained as I watched Christopher jump into the window of the laboratory. What was he doing? Did he have no common sense? You don't just wander into a Pokemon Professor's lab that you don't know when your a pokemon and have no way to communicate with them. Especially alone. At least Miharu and I had an okay chance. I floated towards the window in time to see Christopher cowering under a table. In. Plain. Sight. That's exactly what I meant.

I stared as Professor Elm entered the room, completely missing the fact that there was a big yellow mouse under his table. He seemed as high-strung as always as he walked over to his computer and a stack of papers, among other things you'd expect him to have.

I then noticed what was on the table Christopher was under; three pokeballs. They must have been there for new trainers. Why on a regular table though? Why not in the machine that he normally had them in? Perhaps he had just caught them and forgot to put them in there, or maybe it was because the trainers would be here any minute and he figured he could have them out for them or something? I hoped it was the first choice, or else Christopher would be doomed.

It occured to me then that the girl we encountered in the woods was a rookie trainer, so that means she had just gotten Chikorita from Professor Elm. Which either meant that those were there to replace the first ones or there was a second batch of trainers coming in, which would explain why they were on a table...

"Christopher! Get out of there! NOW!" I urged as I looked around to see if anyone else was coming. There was no one else yet, but who knew how long it would be until either Professor Elm saw him or someone else came.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Christopher heard Kris urge him to get out of there. But there was the professor! Wasn't he the reason they had come here?

"Can't we ask him for some food?" Christopher hissed to Kris, but remembered mid-sentence that... "Oh, right. He won't understand us."

Instead, Christopher made an effort to carefully tip-toe back towards the window. But the professor was turning around! Christopher gulped, lounged himself back to underneath the table as quietly as he could and just managed to hide his electric tail before the professor nearly stepped on it. Whoa. Elm must really be absent minded... or have a lot to think about today. He didn't seem to check the floor on which he was walking. Christopher hoped the professor wouldn't look out the window and spot Kris... or maybe Kris could send a thought telepathically to the human?

Anways, Christopher was starting to realize there wasn't much he could do here and followed Kris' advice... by dashing out of the room the other way. Into a corridor.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu sighed slightly. It seemed that she was invisible as Chris nor Kris (LOL) noticed that she was right behind Chris. Well, not exactly right behind, in the same area as Chris, but same difference. She was close enough to hear Elm muttering about how the professor meeting was tomorrow and what he was going to present...Miharu winced. She had totally forgot about that. Well, that will be slightly annoying. It's not like she could go up to them and say, "Hey guys. Yeah, I'm a pokemon now. Coolio, right?" Pffft, no.

She watched as Chris ran into a corridor and knew he probably, might, get lost. She sighed slightly and glanced at Elm. He was still muttering about the professor meeting and was on his computer, typing something up. She guessed it was a good time as any to sneak out. Plus, Elm was the second most forgetful and spazzed out professor out of all of them (the first was Professor Oak). The only way he could notice Miharu, or Chris, was if they attacked him or something and THAT might not work. Miharu rolled her eyes at her senior professor's carelessness (although, Oak was much much worse) and walked into the same corridor as Chris.

"The way to the exit is that way," Miharu stated, pointing a finger(?) at the left side.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Christopher noticed Miharu's presence and let out a sigh of relief. Then he realized what she was saying, as he pressed himself to the wall like if he was in an action movie or something.

"You've been here before?" he asked and blinked. "Right.. you're a professor too. Funny, it makes me think of you as an old woman when in human form!"

He giggled a little, not thinking about that him saying what he was thinking might come off as mean. His giggling was probably heard by anyone near the corridor... except for the busy professor, perhaps.

"Um, alright," he said, calming down. "You mean we should get out of the lab again? I've never been here before, it's pretty cool actually! I wonder how many rooms there are... and if they've got more pokémon here... maybe we could talk to them!"

He started to walk in the opposite direction from what Miharu had pointed out for him... but then somehow, rather uncharacteristically, managed to come to his senses and turn back towards her. He nodded, showing that he would follow if she wanted to lead the way out.

((OOC: Christopher getting on your nerves yet? xD ))

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns
    Bad lab rat, bad!

-----

"JEBUS FREAKING CRIPES! Is there something wrong with this Christopher kid? How old was he, like five?!" I whispered to myself as I watched Christopher make the completely wrong choices. Seriously, why did he act like this?! It could get annoying after a while.

'Christopher, follow Miharu out...NOW!' I pushed the thought towards Christopher and saw him turn, ready to follow Miharu. Had I done that, or was he being strangely out of character? Either way, it was a good sign. That is, it was until Professor Elm turned around and looked straight at Christopher and Miharu...

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Miharu sighed. "Yes, I have been here unfortunately. And I am sixteen." Whenever she finally introduced herself fully, many people thought she was joking when she said that not only did she pretty much conquer all of the leagues (except Unova) and she was a legendary pokemon professor. She then had to list really difficult equations in order for others to believe her (and that was with great skepticism still too).

Miharu glanced back at Elm in order to see Elm staring at the both of them. He then started muttering, saying something about seeing things. Miharu rolled her eyes.

This was Elm, ladies and gentlemen.

Miharu led the way to the exit, assuming that Chris was going to follow her.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back