• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Darkstars [1] Nirvana: Mystery Of The Depths (1st Beta Available)

What do you think about this hack?

• Woah, its amazing, I NEED to play it!

Votes: 56 49.6%
  • Great hack.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Good hack, like the other hacks in this forum.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Below average.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I don't like it. >.<

Votes: 11 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
  • Too right. And i won't fix them. I'm fed up working alone. I'm going to pause Nirvana.

*Sigh* I knew it. Every single time we start working on a hack, on ANY hack, it eventually gets paused because of some stupid reason. Well, I can only speak for myself, but I'm getting sick of it. Either we're working on this hack, or we're not. If we're not, then let me know right now, seeing as I have other hacks and teams that could use my time. If we are, then stop screwing around, get the team back together, and stop pausing production!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    *Sigh* I knew it. Every single time we start working on a hack, on ANY hack, it eventually gets paused because of some stupid reason. Well, I can only speak for myself, but I'm getting sick of it. Either we're working on this hack, or we're not. If we're not, then let me know right now, seeing as I have other hacks and teams that could use my time. If we are, then stop screwing around, get the team back together, and stop pausing production!

Listen pal, it's not my fault. I can't work on Nirvana alone. I did the tilesets, the maps, the o/ws, eh i can't work anymore i'm fed up. I can't script to fix the bugs Kyle left. So don't blame ME. I did my job as well as i could. I'm sorry for your inconvinience, but you didn't reply to my message that the beta is out. That's why i'm pausing Nirvana: Because only BZ can work on it, and his sprites won't help the first beta's bugs. What can i say to Kyle? He said he is busy with school. So i have no scripter, because Vesper got bored of hacking. There is nothing i can do but pause the hack for now.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • Listen pal, it's not my fault. I can't work on Nirvana alone. I did the tilesets, the maps, the o/ws, eh i can't work anymore i'm fed up. I can't script to fix the bugs Kyle left. So don't blame ME. I did my job as well as i could. I'm sorry for your inconvinience, but you didn't reply to my message that the beta is out. That's why i'm pausing Nirvana: Because only BZ can work on it, and his sprites won't help the first beta's bugs. What can i say to Kyle? He said he is busy with school. So i have no scripter, because Vesper got bored of hacking. There is nothing i can do but pause the hack for now.
    Well Ray try this, I will try and help as much as i can. I can compile scripts for you i'm not a newbie at that. I'm learning scripting and i will get better, i promise. What other things need doing?
    i will try and help you out on them. If you choose to accept my help, thats great it's back on. If you want to wait thats perfectly fine with me. I have given you my options now it's up to you.
    Oh Ray one more thing...
    And finally, to all who made me love hacking, and made me stubborn enough to continue with this hack.

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    ...Did you take Mimbletonia from Harry Potter?
    Just asking.
    And hang in there man. What you should try is learning some scripting yourself; it's not that hard. Anyway, hope your help comes back soon. In the meantime you could try just getting the maps done, up to you.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ...Did you take Mimbletonia from Harry Potter?
    Just asking.
    And hang in there man. What you should try is learning some scripting yourself; it's not that hard. Anyway, hope your help comes back soon. In the meantime you could try just getting the maps done, up to you.

You think i don't know that i should start learning scripting?

And Ben., i never said i'll stop the hack. Stop and pause aren't the same words.

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
  • Okay, take the beta down now; I don't mean to be forceful, but you are in no way ready.

Firstly, I found the beginning far too rushed - I didn't get to move once (apart from the great adventure of walking across my house) until I'd finally met Ray and got to the next day. Why not have a day of your Mum being really worried about something, and you don't know what, then perhaps you go down to the beach or something. Then Taz comes (you obviously don't know who he is yet) and comments on the view, then warns you of danger. You return home, not really unnerved by this news and go to bed, but wake up in the middle of the night and see that Pokémon, then hear your Mum scream. At least there would be some sort of introduction that way. Whilst the graphics were great, I didn't even get the chance to admire them when my character was being pushed around.

You said there were bugs - but geez, there's loads! I enter one house and exit Ray's house. I go in the PokéMart and get OAK'S PARCEL. I enter a house and instead of the door opening (the door doesn't slide open for the PokéMart, either) I get the sound of a slide door. There's a tree that shows your reflection in it. Then, just to top it off, when I choose Sandshrew I receive an Eevee - yes, an Eevee - and Squirtle. Confused, I try to check the summary of the Eevee and the game crashes.

I recommend you rethink what you've done so far and try and make it more realistic, along with smoothing out some of the bugs before releasing a beta. Once you fix all these, I'm sure a beta will be fine.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, take the beta down now; I don't mean to be forceful, but you are in no way ready.

Firstly, I found the beginning far too rushed - I didn't get to move once (apart from the great adventure of walking across my house) until I'd finally met Ray and got to the next day. Why not have a day of your Mum being really worried about something, and you don't know what, then perhaps you go down to the beach or something. Then Taz comes (you obviously don't know who he is yet) and comments on the view, then warns you of danger. You return home, not really unnerved by this news and go to bed, but wake up in the middle of the night and see that Pokémon, then hear your Mum scream. At least there would be some sort of introduction that way. Whilst the graphics were great, I didn't even get the chance to admire them when my character was being pushed around.

You said there were bugs - but geez, there's loads! I enter one house and exit Ray's house. I go in the PokéMart and get OAK'S PARCEL. I enter a house and instead of the door opening (the door doesn't slide open for the PokéMart, either) I get the sound of a slide door. There's a tree that shows your reflection in it. Then, just to top it off, when I choose Sandshrew I receive an Eevee - yes, an Eevee - and Squirtle. Confused, I try to check the summary of the Eevee and the game crashes.

I recommend you rethink what you've done so far and try and make it more realistic, along with smoothing out some of the bugs before releasing a beta. Once you fix all these, I'm sure a beta will be fine.

Why would i do that? But I know you're right. But i don't know if i have time or courage to work more on the intro.

Thank you for the idea, and we know all bugs. I am going to delete the beta now.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Hey Ray,i believe you can continue this hack.Courage???you can do it if you want to.I know you can.The idea for this hack is very good and it will be such a waste to pause this hack.And do not worry,take all the time you need to work on them,remember,you are making this hack because you want to do it,it is not a privilage.
    Good Luck Ray

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey Ray,i believe you can continue this hack.Courage???you can do it if you want to.I know you can.The idea for this hack is very good and it will be such a waste to pause this hack.And do not worry,take all the time you need to work on them,remember,you are making this hack because you want to do it,it is not a privilage.
    Good Luck Ray

It's not only about that. There are too many problems with the hack. I can't proceed with the second beta because the tileset of Umbris screws up when i try to play the game. So that means i have to start over for the 4th time!

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • It's not only about that. There are too many problems with the hack. I can't proceed with the second beta because the tileset of Umbris screws up when i try to play the game. So that means i have to start over for the 4th time!
    Oh dear, can i help in anyway?
    or should i just carry on with the sprites?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Current Status: I am remaking the hack, i'm adding new areas, new o/ws and i'm adding new events on Solana.

I will not give this up. Even if i'm working alone with only Ben helping me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back