• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darmanitan vs Chandelure

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Who do you like better?

The fire type Physical Powerhouse - Darmanitan - or Chandelure, the fire type Special Powerhouse.

I have a Darumaka but I might replace it later with Chandelure if it's any good.

Which are you gonna use on your team (or another fire type)?

If this isn't in the right section please move it moderators. Thanks!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It would be nicer if you looked around more or at least read the rules to know what goes in Pokemon Gaming Central and what doesn't. Moving to Pokemon General.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Chandelure's design better than Darmanitan's. Anything that comes off of 145 Special Attack, which is higher than Alakazam's and Porygon-Z's, is bound to tear a huge hole in your opponent's health.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Chandelure all the way. For one, Litwick didn't Fire Punch my team a million times when I was underleveled for a while. Two, it's beginning stage (Litwick) is adorable (Darumaka is adorable I guess, just not as adorable). Three, Chandelure kicks ass.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I'm not really a big fan of either. I'd be more inclined to pick something along the lines of Volcarona, perhaps.

You don't get Volcarona for a long time though :(

I would use it if it evolved earlier but I don't wanna be stuck with a Larvesta my whole pre-elite 4 in-game. It doesn't evolve until something crazy like level 60!

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Chandelure is a much cooler Pokémon in my opinion. I never really liked Darmanitan to begin with. Its design isn't that likable, in my opinion.

Lightias

-_-
    Years
    Darmanitan. Darmanitan is faster, and Sheer Force pushes that 140 Atk to obscene levels that it does not even need secondary effects.

Years
    You don't get Volcarona for a long time though :(

I would use it if it evolved earlier but I don't wanna be stuck with a Larvesta my whole pre-elite 4 in-game. It doesn't evolve until something crazy like level 60!

Good point, it's a shame though cause it seems like a really cool Pokémon :(

Haha a level 60 Larvesta would be crazy - I can see why you wouldn't want to go with that option :P

To answer your original question... I'd definitely go for Chandelure :) It's typing is pretty unique and plus I really dislike Darmanitan's design lol :)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Chandelure tied with Zen Mode Darmanitan.

Zen Mode Darmanitan has 140 base Sp. Atk., almost as much as Chandelure with 145 base Sp. Atk. Sure, you have to get Darmanitan to half its HP before it converts, but it also gains great Defense and Sp. Def. (105/105 compared to Chandelure's 90/90). It's also not as fast as Chandelure in Zen Mode, but hey. It's got ~much~ better HP, which sometimes makes all the difference.

Years
    Chandelure~
    They're beautiful with a neat cry in the game.
    I love their design overall while darmanitan is just kinda... creepy. I guess that can earn points, and I hear they're quite effective. They're just not my type.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Chandelure is much better. One special attack from him after a nasty plot. And he can take out any of your pokemon with one hit.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Really you had to pick these two?
    I mulled over this decision during my White Playthrough I ended up choosing Darmanitan and I'm glad I did I swept the E4 with pretty much just him.

So i'll have to choose Darmanitan though I have EV'd a Chandelure and it is nothing short of godly, I plan to Ev a Darmanitan soon.

Back