• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darnit, where's his dad. Discussion Time.

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Okay we all grew up watching pokemon. And I'm pretty sure we've all had this question in our head once or more.

. Where the heck is ash's dad?

Well we may assume a few things..

.His parents got divorced.
    .His dad died.
    .His mom can give birth without a man. (Which would be freaking weird.)

Let us discuss. :3

-Edited for language. You made your points fine; you don't need the extra language.

-Char.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Many have speculated both Giovanni and Oak. I think he will eventually be revealed.

Arukas

ラドクリフ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    His dad most likely ran away with a hot young super-model when ash was born.

Agreed?

Dragonbane

Beards are now mandatory
    Years
    It was mentioned in a pokemon DVD commentary that Ash's dad will be revealed.
    But...I think Ash's father is Goku from DBZ. :[

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I thinks its Prof.Oak as why is he always so nice??? But if it is Giovanni then *dun dun dun!!!!* he is sooooo gonna kill him for almost killing Team Rocket in every eppie that would be 582 or more....WHAT?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    According to what I've heard GSC happened a few years after RBY. it's kind illogical that silver's the dad...

And I believe Silver or maybe Michael from the Shadow Lugia game is Giovanni's kid. the scientist on FR says that he has red hair.

this, however is the extent of my knowledge, and I am currently harassing Uxie for more input (he's being stupid slow about it though...XP). Until then, I support the Mr. Mime idea- It would explain why he gets along with with the pokeymanz so easily...

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Giovanni being Ash's father is largely because it's implied in Pokemon Live!, a poorly done musical of the Pokemon anime. It in no way even hinted in the actual anime.

I don't really see why it matters. It's been shown many times that there are tons of professions in the Pokemon world that require lots of traveling. I think it's best to assume something logical like that, instead of guessing at the character who would add the most drama.

Professor Oak doesn't make sense. Delilah, Ash's mother, used to be his student. So not only is there a probably vast age difference (though Oak does look pretty young for a "grandfather", but toss that up to anime physics), but ethical issues too. Are they good friends? Sure. They live in a small town and have a history. Lovers? No way.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    According to what I've heard GSC happened a few years after RBY. it's kind illogical that silver's the dad...

And I believe Silver or maybe Michael from the Shadow Lugia game is Giovanni's kid. the scientist on FR says that he has red hair.

this, however is the extent of my knowledge, and I am currently harassing Uxie for more input (he's being stupid slow about it though...XP). Until then, I support the Mr. Mime idea- It would explain why he gets along with with the pokeymanz so easily...
    Not that Silver.

The Silver that meets up with Richie in "Chronicles."

Ricky429

Turtwig lovers unite!!!
    Years
    Probably at the end of the series as a test of his skills he will meet and battle his dad for one EPIC episode.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    I think that Silver just might be Ash's father after all. Here's my explanation:
    Ash's game counterpart is Red, and where do you find Red in G/S/C?

Mt. SILVER!

In all seriousness, I remember in that interview last year it was said that Ash's father would appear if the writers felt the need for character development.

Back