• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dawn of Champions

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Dawn of Champions
    Supporter Only Style

What We Need

Currently, Luke (Danja) and myself, are working on a supporter limited style available to those who supported the community by donating. As the idea has already been approved by some administrators, we received permission to start working on it. This thread is in relation to the new style, Dawn of Champions, and ideas on what we should add to it. We will be in need of your ideas, as we are currently stuck on what to add and what to edit, to help better this style to make it the best we can make it. With that said, that is where you come in.

Obviously, we will be asking for your ideas. So, you will need some idea of what the basic color scheme will be. Right now, the only thing that we have done for a banner is the following. Please know that this may or may not be the final banner. However, it will be something like Bewitched and the style will have a banner on the left and a banner on the right. On top of that, the style will be a fluid style.

https://i40.tinypic.com/28juci.png

^ So, please feel free to give us your critique on what you think of that banner and what should be done to further this style to make it one that PC is worth having.

More information found here
    Detailed information found here

Last edited by a moderator:

Zet

Years
    well since I've already told Lukey-boy my idea for a colour scheme over msn. Heres my own idea, for each like forum section, why not use one of different champion's pokemon, like Charizard for NU/W Garchomp for Other Entertainment etc

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Zet, that's unreasonable, because it'd require active code to change the forum icons.

ああ、そうだ。ホウエン地方のチャンピオンの名前は「ダイゴ」だよ!「ツワブキ」はちがうよ!
    Ah, yes! Hoenn's Champion's name (in Japanese) is Daigo. Tsuwabuki is his last name. (Your Bulbagarden reliance after having me tell them to you, Nick, is very disappointing. D;)

D: I just copied and pasted the ones you gave me. ;;

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    It's possible with vBulletin already (since 3.7?), but it's a hassle to go with forum-specific icons particularly since it'll affect the other styles as well.

Exactly, which is why it would be a hassle. D:

But the main dilemma is the tcat (Category) and thead (Thread Header) images; the colours to be specific. Since the header has a variety of colours any would go good (except maybe yellow). I'm not that good with colour-coordination, You and CME are probably yhe only ones that I know who are good at that. D;

Years
    you know you love me enough to do it ;D is there a way where it won't effect the other styles?
    Not if it's a plugin. Maybe with stylesheet changes, but that's going to be a real hassle for them.

By a fluid style, what do you mean, Aura? I would like to see rounded corners, if possible. Oh, and has anything been decided on fixed-width? It could look nice with a floating body over a stationary background, although I find Fixed-Width Styles to waste screen space.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    Not if it's a plugin. Maybe with stylesheet changes, but that's going to be a real hassle for them.

By a fluid style, what do you mean, Aura? I would like to see rounded corners, if possible. Oh, and has anything been decided on fixed-width? It could look nice with a floating body over a stationary background, although I find Fixed-Width Styles to waste screen space.

Well we're planning on keeping this as a fluid style, and when I say fluid I mean that it stretches across your monitor and it has no fixed width. So it's compatible with most common screen resolutions. However that might change, we might go through a few variants and such we'll let you know on that final decision later on abit.

Examples of fluid styles are Ampharos' Starry Night and Bewitched.

I used to love fixed-width styles, but know I'm starting approve of fluid styles so yeah... ^^;;

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I know it's only just a start, but I don't like it. Your choice of colours is really bland in my opinion, and the use of diagonal streaks + circles just doesn't work well.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This is another possibility for a header. It was the original Luke made a while ago. (My personal favorite)

Years
    Aura, that looks awesome. I'd like this to take a glassy approach, with glossy theads, etc. How dark was this meant to be? I'm not a fan of the dark styles....

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    Aura, that looks awesome. I'd like this to take a glassy approach, with glossy theads, etc. How dark was this meant to be? I'm not a fan of the dark styles....
    I don't really like the idea of glossy threads. I don't know why but it seems unoriginal to me. I think a dark them would be better for the forum as we already have too many light themes.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

As a matter of fact, the actual skin itself is not dark at all. Just the background and the rounded corners. Though, that may change.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I'm not a fan of the dark styles....
    I am.

I don't think this site has a theme with a black background. Point is I would like to see a dark theme, and I thought this was going to be one, but apparently it's not. :(

Oh, and awesome banner.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I am.

I don't think this site has a theme with a black background. Point is I would like to see a dark theme, and I thought this was going to be one, but apparently it's not. :(

Oh, and awesome banner.

I wouldn't say that it's not a dark skin seeing as how it does have it's dark aspects but since Luke is really the one who's making the main graphics, it's up to him to decide. So far, the only thing I have been doing was giving him my thoughts on what he's made, picked colors, and chose the font (which is still in debate). But, yeah. It's really wherever Luke takes it.

Back