• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death Note

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
  • I think I started reading the manga some four days ago...went through it like a wildfire...finished today. Thank goodness for having time to waste.

Now I'm sad. L is dead. ): His death was utterly anticlimatic. He deserved better. And there are still a lot of unanswered questions...who the hell he was, for instance.

Until those questions are answered, I am in mourning. -puts on black shirt-

Ayone else peeved at certain sudden, ruthless character deaths?

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I really don't get mad unless the character was someone I liked or someone that was significant to the story. The only way I would get over it would be for the story to actually get better.

Mainichi

ショボショボ
    Years
  • Death Note is amazing at killing people off in an instant.

I was very sad at L's death, even though someone in an IRC channel a long time ago totally spoiled it the first time I watched the opening.

"Who's the cute guy with the nice black hair? L?" -Me
    "He dies." -Someone else

>.>

Go L :)

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • Well, I started watching Death Note because my friend um, "tricked" me into it. I'm kinda glad he did, that was probably the best anime/manga I ever watched/read (yes, I bothered to watch and read it. It was so intense and I loved the ending. o.o

It can't be that hard to figure out who's my favourite character. *points at avatar*
    Spoiler:

Misa was just plain annoying though.

Last edited:

Mainichi

ショボショボ
    Years
  • I did go "NUUUUUUUUU" outloud

But I was by myself.

Oh yes, the first ending, brought me to my love for Japanese music.

誰にも見れない夢を見て~ -shutup-

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I'll take a potato chip.........AND EAT IT!!!!! Epic xD

I want to watch Death Note, I need to watch a good anime so I'll check it out..Some how..

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I physically cried when L was killed off D;

Death Note was a great anime, hopefully the rumors of a new series with different characters are true.

Zet

Years
  • you might wanna put spoiler tags in for the spoiler you just did D: not many people have actually read/watched Death Note before and I guess they don't want to be spoiled by seeing a spoiler.

I liked Death Note from the start, though I think I was told to watch it by a friend, among many other things but Death Note was always a must get for me

Years
  • I adored Death note up until Mellow and Near, then it seemed to get a little too much for me. I found they were repeating theymselves a little and though I loved the character's they introduced there after, I really lost that excited feeling I got whenever I watched/read it. I dunno, I read it all, but it kinda lost its spark for me when they brought in Mello and near ;-;

Hauyser

http://hauyser.deviant.com/
    Years
  • L was a nice character and he was gorgeous, but light was the character for me. *ebilness*

Mainichi

ショボショボ
    Years
  • I used to always hate Light.

Same with Mello and Matt.

After I watched the whole series twice, I don't know, I really started to like the all.

Near is the man for me though >:)

Years
  • Light did grate of my nerves a bit now and again, but when you look at it, Death note wouldn't be half of what it is if Light were not the character he was. I took grasp on that after hurling every insult at him after L XP

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
    Years
  • Death Note is what got me into the Chaos Realm my favorite characters were : L, Mello, Near , Matt , and Beyond Birthday if he is counted.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I just started watching Death Note and all I can it's that it's prolly one of my favorite anime I have ever watched. I like it to the point where I'm hooked.
    My favorite character is Light, but I might like L more once I see more episodes with him.

Back