• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Debating use of legendaries

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Naah Rayquaza is actually quite cool ;) He's probably inspired by the Chinese dragons.. He's far better than Groudon and Kyogre anyway. What are those supposed to look similar to?

-Kaka-

Worlds Best Footballer
    Years
    I think Legendaries are fine as long as you use them in your own game and dont use them in competitive games because its give you an edge and to me its cheating

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I limit my use of ubers to the uber tier, to maintain fairness.

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
    Naah Rayquaza is actually quite cool ;) He's probably inspired by the Chinese dragons..

Agreed, he's no azure dragon (Seiryu) but definitely mythology inspired. However, if Rayquaza (may fav of the legendaries) is based off a Chinese dragon where's my Black Tortoise (Genbu), White Tiger (Byakko) and my guess is Moltres is probably based off the Vermilion Bird (Suzaku).

And I've been looking at Tiers myself these days... they really do make a difference. Even so, all the guys I like/want to use range from border line-under used anyway. And after all the insane breeding and studying stats I did for Emerald I had to face facts that some Pokemon simply: Have too many weaknesses, are simply outclassed in said roles and are just too weak stat/movepool wise to properly stand up to well known monsters seen in versus and their overcompensated behinds.

Of course that won't stop me from IV and EV raising the guys I want to play with and working with them regardless of the outcome. But I guess that's what sets apart a casual Pokemon player from a competitive/meta game Pokemon player and from a damn stubborn Pokemon player.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Perhaps Raikou could pass as your White Tiger? ^^

HeroBlue

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Legendary Pkmn feel mystical in Animé, but in games they are kinda normal. I don't use them in games or anywhere else, they feel too overpowered.. All i need is a Dragonite and Sceptile : )

kody

Teh offical overuser of >.<
    Years
    I think the only worthwhile legendaries to use would be raikou, and suicine because you get them at a low level,they're hard to get,unlike The lati@s poke'mon which you just repel off pokemon with you b putton glued down..But "uuber" poke'mon should stay in your pc.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That's some good opinions, kody! Then of course, there are no bad opinions ^^ yours just are the same as mine.
    slight off-topic warning ahead:
    (@HeroBlue In the anime, even Dragonite is special, right? At least in the Venustoise episode in the premiere season.)

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
    It all depends on what legendary you are talking about.
    Usually, the ones you shouldn't get too addicted to are the ubers, such as Dialge, Kyogre, Lugia, Mewtwo ect...

The minor legendaries, such as the beast and birds, have around equal strengths to the regular Pokemon.

Noisuf Ekop 993

Still a cheater.Back on peeps.
    Years
    That's kind of where I'm coming from. It's like everybody has them, so they aren't really "rare legendaries". If all pokémon suddenly would go real, like, Dialga, Deoxys and Arceus would be the most common ones in peoples teams... Did Gamefreak mean for us to use them this much? They are, after all, the strongest ones, and they can be obtained in one way or another.

I dont think gamefreak meant for us to use them this much, or were expecting all this cheating gear to get them.

I personally dont care, and use legendaries in my party.

Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Mew
    Mew (shiny)

Thats my party. I use no mercy. At all. :-)

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2018
    Depends on the legendary, I don't generally keep using all legendary but I usually have at least one Legendary in my team once I find it because its level is usually around the level of all my other Pokemon at the time that I find it.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    I use legendaries ingame (not in pearl/diamond) R/B/Y, G/S/C - never played R/S/E/LF/FR
    but when i'm fighting my mates i never use legendaries - i'm against ubers

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    The label given to pokemon as legendary does't affect me in many ways.

The label "Uber" (too good for the competitive metagame) is what I avoid, I don't play in the Uber metagame (due to being unbalanced) so I never touch Ubers.
    Pokemon are treated quite unfair just for being labeled as 'legendary' it's the Ubers that should be looked down upon instead of poor suicune... xD

I use 4 legendaries at the moment and I do battle with them, if the person has a problem with it, I gladly teach them about tiers.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    ^Agreed. The uber metagame is basically Attack Deoxys RIPPING through almost any wall in existence and Arceus being an annoyance.

I also think the "one legend a team" limit is totally bogus. On one hand people are saying "legends are normal pokemon, we only dislike ubers!" and then they go limit these "normal pokemon." Yay double-standards!

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I feel bad using ubers and legendaries even in-game. Sure, uber vs. uber battles are fine, but I'd stick to standard rules. My ubers sit in my pc, looking pretty.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't like any legendaries, uber or not. I usually see the Legendaries in my game as a way to gain a bit of experience, nothing more. Occasionally I'll catch them and let them rot in my PC. But yeah, I don't like legendaries.

shadow25

Breader
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    i only use them to rase up pokemon holding the exp in the pokeleage

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I just think legendaries and especially ubers are so common that I feel non-unique using them. I want an unique team, that I feel good with. But I guess some (many) people feel good with their more or less hard-to-get legendary species.

SOme legendaries aren't much used at all, mind you. Ex Raikou, Articuno, the Regis (if I'm right)

Back