• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Minor Update (v1.1.3)
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when setting custom music for a battle through a battle rule.
  • Fixed an issue with low HP music ending when Pokemon with critical HP is on the field, but a healthy partner Pokemon is sent out, or a partner Pokemon is healed out of the critical HP zone.
  • Added the "endBGM" Command Key to be used in a midbattle hash. This can be used to fade out and end the current BGM without immediately playing a new one.

Days
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Hello! I apologize in advance if I'm bothering you, I just need a little help with the midbattlescript. I've tried to follow the explanations as closely as possible, but I don't understand much, probably because English isn't my first language and I haven't been coding in a game for long. I mainly want to understand where I should write the scripts for battles.. (I hope I don't sound like an idiot by asking this question.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hello! I apologize in advance if I'm bothering you, I just need a little help with the midbattlescript. I've tried to follow the explanations as closely as possible, but I don't understand much, probably because English isn't my first language and I haven't been coding in a game for long. I mainly want to understand where I should write the scripts for battles.. (I hope I don't sound like an idiot by asking this question.)
Theyre written within their own battle rule. You can look at one of the example battles provided in the guide to see what this looks like.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Hello! I've been playing around with this script, and have been absolutely loving it so far. I was curious if there was a way to have multiple mid-battle variables during one battle (ex. Using one to track the number of player's misses with moves, and another to track the number of items used by the player); would I be able to add a temporary variable to a hardcoded script, or would I have to manually edit the Midbattle Overwrites script to add more mid-battle variables?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hello! I've been playing around with this script, and have been absolutely loving it so far. I was curious if there was a way to have multiple mid-battle variables during one battle (ex. Using one to track the number of player's misses with moves, and another to track the number of items used by the player); would I be able to add a temporary variable to a hardcoded script, or would I have to manually edit the Midbattle Overwrites script to add more mid-battle variables?
Only one variable is coded into the script. However, you can always just use the regular $game_variables in a hardcoded script if you wanna do something more elaborate.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Only one variable is coded into the script. However, you can always just use the regular $game_variables in a hardcoded script if you wanna do something more elaborate.
Thank you for the update! I've encountered another problem, unfortunately; when I try to use the hardcoded script version of "setSpeaker" to set the speaker to a Trainer Type, it crashes with this error: 1713577871319.png

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Well, what does the code look like?
Right, sorry about that. Here's the code:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Right, sorry about that. Here's the code:

Spoiler:
I'm assuming the only reason you're using :ELITEFOUR_Agatha instead of a battler index is because you want to use a different sprite from the the trainer sprite? If that's not the case, you should just use an index, it's much simpler.

Anyway, this just seems like there's a bug when using ID's instead of an index. I'll probably have already fixed it before you read this, but there's an easy work-around you could use that I'll describe anyway:
Ruby:
scene.pbStartSpeech(0)
scene.pbShowSpeakerWindows("Kasa", 1)
scene.pbShowSpeaker(:ELITEFOUR_Agatha)
This would accomplish the exact same thing, just done in more parts. You start the speech from the player's perspective (index 0), which means no sprite slides on screen. But before any dialogue starts, you just change the player's name window and then force a sprite to slide on screen with pbShowSpeaker. This mimics what you're trying to do with just pbStartSpeech alone if it wasn't bugged.

EDIT: Bug is now fixed.

Last edited:
Back