• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Descrimination against girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachi

is made of gold
Years
  • Notice that in R/B/Y you can only play as a boy.

This is a club for people who don't like that.

Comments?

Aggron91

init
    Years
  • there wasnt realy the technology about then to have the two different designs probably, notice as the graphics improve in the games, the idea creeps along about a grl character, it must have been easier for nintendo just to use males at the begining...

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I dont see what the fuss is all about. The machine that you play them on is called a game boy but nobody makes a fuss of that, so why turn this into a crime?

Years
  • I know that most pokemon games only has a boy to play with! BUT.. they changed this so you could be a boy or a girl! but if you want on R/B/Y think of the character as a girl with a hat on!

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • i reckon nintendo thought that pokemon was a bit more a boyish game.they didn't think that girls would like it.

Kiri

Breeder & Berry Grower
    Years
  • Well, way back then computer games were only really aimed at boys; and I find the RBY character is transformed when it has a girl's name.

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
    Years
  • MewMan, you bumped the topic...

*Get's mod/s-mod/whoever's online*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back