• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Design a Hoenn Mega Evolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
  • Username: Nidoking76
    Pokemon: Mightyena
    Type: Dark/Ghost
    Stat Changes:
    HP:70> 80
    ATTACK:90>110
    DEFENSE:70> 70
    SP.ATK:60> 80
    SP.DEF:60> 60
    SPEED:70> 120
    Ability: Speed Boost
    New Moves: Curse
    Name & Location of Mega Stone: Rusturf Tunnel in Hoenn.
    Description: Mega Mightyena's body is now completely black, except for two green eyes and gray diamond shapes across it's body. When it runs, it leaves a trail of black smoke along behind it. This same black smoke is constantly coming off of Mega Mightyena's body. It's head is much larger, and Mega Mightyena has many rows of teeth, like a shark. When at full health, Mega Mightyena is said to make maniacal cackling.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Username: SnowpointQuincy

Pokemon: Ludicolo
    Type: Water/Grass
    Stat Changes*:

80 --- X -- 80
    70 -- +0 -- 70
    70 -- +10 -- 80 (*130* Fur Coat would boost his defense between 150 and 217 at Lv.50)
    90 -- +40 -- 130
    100 -- +35 -- 135
    70 -- +15 -- 85

Ability: Fur Coat (increase defense by 50%)

New Moves: Amnesia

Name & Location of Mega Stone: Ludicolomite. Given after beating Mirror B. and his quartet of Ludicolo.

Description: Fur Coat would boost his defense to between 150 and 217 at Lv.50 (Effectively making his Base Defense 130) Mega Ludicolo focuses on bulk. 80/130/135 defenses (accounting for his ability) is great. He already has Giga Drain to heal. And Synthesis too.

Mega-Ludicolo doesn't have Swift Swim or Rain Dish anymore, but still benefits from Rain Boosted Hydro Pumps/Scalds. He also has a place on Sun Teams. Synthesis gives him 2/3 HP recovery in Sun. Normal Ludicolo is used on Sun Teams to counter Rain Teams. Mega Ludicolo can still do that and get extra healing from Synthesis.

Mega-Ludicolo can thrive on Rain and Sun Teams, counter enemy Rain and Sand teams with Grass attacks and huge defenses.

Appearance: His Poncho covers his arms, thus his ability. He is much wider. His Lillypad has drooped a bit, mirroring the loss of Rain Dish as an Ability. He may, or may not have Maracas.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just a question, should we include information about uses as well as the appearance of our mega in the description section? Quincy got me wondering.

Years
  • Just a question, should we include information about uses as well as the appearance of our mega in the description section? Quincy got me wondering.

Up to you. The more thorough you are, the better your chances. Try to be as detailed as possible!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You said they must be native to Hoenn so I assume that means we can do the Gen I and Gen II Hoenn dex Pokémon too? Also why aren't Magnezone and Froslass on that list of exceptions?

Username: OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
    Pokemon:
    Kingdra
    Type:
    Water/Dragon
    Stat Changes*:

Hp: 75
    Attack: 95 -> 100
    Defense: 95 -> 115
    Sp. Attack: 95 -> 130
    Sp. Defense: 95 -> 115
    Speed: 85 -> 105
    Ability:
    Slumber Whirlpool (inflicts Whirlpool damage on the opponent when sleeping, based off it's dex entry of how it creates whirlpools with it's yawns).
    New Moves:
    Draconic Whip (special type move, Power: 100 Accuracy: 70 May cause flinching)
    Name & Location of Mega Stone:
    Kingdrite, found in the underwater around Sootopolis at night (8:00 pm- 12:00 am)
    Description:
    It regains the 'wings/fins' from it's Seadra days. It's tail grows longer, decorated with blue sapphires. On it's forehead is an emerald that glows when using special attack moves. It's body is now a dark blue, symbolizing it's time in the abyss called the ocean.

Years
  • You said they must be native to Hoenn so I assume that means we can do the Gen I and Gen II Hoenn dex Pokémon too? Also why aren't Magnezone and Froslass on that list of exceptions?

Just accidental miscues - sorry about that. Edited, and I also added Rhyperior. For people who have already submitted entries, I won't be judging them until the end of GT, so feel free to edit them to your liking throughout the week. For further clarification on this issue, because it seems there are a lot of questions flying around, you can pick any Pokemon from this list, the Hoenn Regional Pokedex, which was specified in the first post. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Username: Keiran

Pokemon: Dusknoir
    Type Ghost/Dark
    Stat Changes:

Attack: 100 -> 140
    Defense: 135 -> 155
    Special Attack: 65 -> 75
    Special Defense: 135 -> 155
    Speed: 45 -> 55

Ability: Dread Aura; All Pokémon on the field have their Ability changed to Mummy
    New Moves: Soul Burn (Ghost, Physical, 60 BP, Lowers enemy Attack and Special Attack by one stage; deals Ghost and Fire damage, can only affect the target once until they switch)
    Name & Location of Mega Stone: Dusknite, Mt. Pyre at night
    Description: The evil looking face on its stomach opens its mouth. Its reaper cloth is unraveled a bit, and inside its hollow body is a faint light that attracts lost souls. It attacks by trapping opponents with reaper cloth, mummifying them as it drags them into the afterlife.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • Username: Ephraim225
    Pokemon: Mega Seviper
    Type: Poison/Dark
    Stat Changes: +30 Attack, +30 Sp. Attack, +40 Speed
    Ability: Keeps its non-mega ability.
    New Moves: None.
    Name & Location of Mega Stone: Seviperite. Found by first defeating Pike Queen Lucy in the Battle Frontier. After this she'll be available to battle unrestricted by the Battle Pike's rules. Defeat her and her Mega Seviper with a Zangoose in your party to get her Seviperite.
    Description: Its tail now has an end resembling a pike (the spear, not the fish) which is long and sharp. The patterns along its skin are now far more intimidating, and its fangs are longer, sharper, curving into half-circles. It's able to use its coils like a spring, letting it bounce, which represents its bolstered speed and force.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think I got it right, tell me if I need to fix my Mega Mightyena. The only problem I see with it is the fact that Mightyenaite does not roll off the tongue well...

Looking good! There's really very few things you can do right or wrong here, let your imagination run wild and you're golden. n__n I'll add new entrants in tomorrow, way too late tonight, struggling to keep my eyes open haha.

UPDATE: Mega Metagross confirmed. Please make sure if you decide to create a Mega evolution for Metagross, it doesn't resemble the existing one - scan can be found here.

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Pokemon: Cacturne
    Type: Grass/Dark
    Stat Changes:
    - HP: 70
    - Att: 115 (+30)
    - Def: 60 (+20)
    - SpA: 115 (+30)
    - SpD: 60 (+20)
    - Spe: 55 (+0)
    New Ability: n/a
    New Move(s): Wood Hammer is learnable through level up (@Lv71 - Destiny Bond takes Cotton Spore's place); Hammer Arm and Drain Punch are now learnable through breeding.
    Name & Location of Mega Stone: Cacturnite; one located stuck between the outer walls of Mirage Tower (remember: can only be found at night), others sold by Poke Maniac in the Desert Underpass for 100000 pokedollars.
    Description: Cacturne's body coloration turns into slightly darker shade of green. He now looks more slender (for his cap, think Robin Hood, but not exactly) and his spikes longer and more prominent. Claws are seen at the end of his arms and sharp edges have replaced the old circles of his smile. Around his neck is a spiked collar, extending down to a short cape/shawl at his back...and thus explaining those suitable stat changes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Username: acatfrommars
    Pokemon: Electivire
    Type: Electric/Fire
    Stat Changes: +52 Speed, +24 Attack, and +24 Special Attack.
    Ability: Overdrive (When hit by a fire or electric type move, boosts the user's attack power by 4x).
    New Moves: Electric Kick, Fire Storm
    Name & Location of Mega Stone: After you defeat the game, you can enter the Thunder Pokemon Gym leader's gym. There will be a secret passageway to find the Electrvite (the mega stone_.
    Description: Electivire will grow four more black tails things, and will be able to move super quickly. Its eyes will be red, and the two bulbs on its head will turn to Devil-like horns. There will be a metal coating around its wrists.

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
    Years
  • username:dragonnite
    Name Mega Gallade
    Type Physic/Fighting
    Stat Changes +50 defence +50 Atack
    Abilty:Cross Blade (Slashing moves may(30% chance) hit twice and may(10% chance) stop atacking to block a physical atack)
    New Moves:Not many but i would like a thunder cut
    Name of mega stone:Galldite
    Description:Arms Spike out into long blade that rotate at a point.Green part of his body grow into a leather like armor. arms become more thiner. and body is thiner. to allow faster runing. the abilty matches its type well being part psychic allowing it to tell when theres incomeing attack

this is an idea where adding to pokemon xy pc too!

Last edited:

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • Hope the sign ups werent cut off yet. So, this is a mega evolution for Mightyena... but the catch is it's got two different forms. Kind of like MewTwo and Charizard, but these arent version exclusive, and also there is only one mega stone. The form it Mega Evolves into depends on what time of day it is, day or night. The first one is the Night form, and Ill be working on the day form soon.

Mega Mightyena Night Form
    Username: SuperEspeon.
    Pokemon: Mightyena
    Type: Dark type
    Stat Changes: +60 Attack (giving it base 150) and +40 Speed (Giving it base 110 speed)
    Ability: Moxie
    New Moves: Foul Play, Hone Claws, Knock Off, Pursuit, Torment, Parting Shot, Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Switcheroo, and Topsy Turvy.
    Name & Location of Mega Stone: Mightyenamite, given to you after defeating Maxie the second time (Pokemon Ruby), or after defeating Archie the second time (Pokemon Sapphire).
    Description: Mightyena is now perched on it's hind legs, and has developed a set of well defined, carved muscles rippling it's body. Essentially, Mightyena has become a werewolf. It's said that on a night of a full moon, a long, beautiful howl can be heard from miles, recognizable by all the hurt and emotion that strains within the howl because of all the darkness in the Mightyena's heart.
    What I tried to do with this mega evolution was make all the improvements that were needed for Mightyena. I made it's stats less... just, average, by making 2 certain stats much higher, rather than equally distributing the 100 BST. Also, I improved it's move pool quite some, seeing as Mightyena doesnt have access to as many STAB moves as we'd like, even by TM. Finally, I gave it the design Im sure everbody has wanted or at least thought about: Mightyena Werewolf! Also, the staggering attack stat coupled with the Moxie boost should be killer in the meta game, but is balanced out by the fact that Mightyena's defense stats are still relatively weak, and untampered with.

Mega Mightyena Day Form

Username: SuperEspeon.
    Pokemon: Mightyena
    Type: Dark type/Fire type
    Stat Changes: +50 Attack (giving it base 140) and +30 Speed (Giving it base 100 speed), and +20 Defense (giving it base 90 Defense)
    Ability: Drought
    New Moves: Sucker Punch, Fire Fang, Flare Blitz, Will O Wisp, and Flamecharge
    Name & Location of Mega Stone: Mightyenamite, given to you after defeating Maxie the second time (Pokemon Ruby), or after defeating Archie the second time (Pokemon Sapphire).
    Description: Mightyena's black fur has now been replaced with flowing and crackling flames that billow in the wind. His eyes now glow a tingent orange, a stark contrast to his grey skin. His paws are still black, unchanged. The tips of his ears are frosted an orange-y red. It's said that when Mega Mightyena runs, the billowing flames can be seen against the horizons from 50 miles away. For this form of the Mega Evolution I had a different approach. I distributed his stats a little more, and gave an interesting flare (pun intended) to him that I don't think anyone's thought of before (a complete contrast to the last form)... A fire Mightyena! It's ability is interesting, to say the least. This evolution was meant to give Mightyena a lot more type coverage, seeing as his normal self can only learn dark type moves and normal type moves. So, yeah that was really bugging me, and this idea sprouted.

Username: acatfrommars

Electrivire was introduced in 4th gen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: acatfrommars

Unfortunately, this doesn't meet the requirements, as the Pokemon chosen must be from the Hoenn regional dex, and Electivire only would've been okay if Electabuzz was in the Hoenn dex, but it is not. You still have two days to remake your entry, though. :]

Years
  • Unfortunately, this doesn't meet the requirements, as the Pokemon chosen must be from the Hoenn regional dex, and Electivire only would've been okay if Electabuzz was in the Hoenn dex, but it is not. You still have two days to remake your entry, though. :]
    Can Mega Magcargo still be entered because I realized it's a second gen Pokemon...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back