• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Detention?

Detention?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • No.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I forgot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Have you ever gotten detention at your school? If so, why?

Nope, I haven't.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    There are two types of detentions at my school. Receiving the normal one just means they have to miss out part of lunch or something similar. There are also afternoon detentions which are more serious.

I've received one afternoon detention and it was for a conflict I had with someone.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Umm yes. Once in Year 2 of Primary School. I was a smartass to someone after they got detention for not doing their homework sooo... yeah. :x I still kinda remember it too.

Vie

Years
    I got that quite often a few years ago...lemme see.... I offended my teacher, I 'forgot' homework and yeah..I better don't mention the rest ^^°
    But I learned to behave now. =]

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Oh. Just one time. I forgot to bring a reading material. And the Discipline Master kinda got in the bad mood that day, so yeah. I stayed for like, half an hour or so.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Luckily, there is no such thing as detention in my school. If there would be, I'd probably have to stay in school longer every day. I don't really see the point of detentions though, it's not like staying in school longer is so terrifying (sp?) that someone'd never forget to do their homework again.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    Yes, Evilyn, that is the correct spelling ;)

In first grade, I got an after-school detention because I helped my friend Joelle on a test. It sucked xP I didn't even think they were allowed to give first graders detentions.

Then in 7th grade, I got four Silent Lunch Detentions, as in I had to go to a different room and eat my lunch. That wasn't too bad. I mostly got it for not doing my homework, or yelling at another student, or getting caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was a Christian school, so they were really strict. I had a temper back then so if I wasn't afraid of getting expelled for cussing someone out, I'd have done it XD

This year (11th grade), I got a detention for chewing gum. It was a different Christian school, so they were a TON more strict than my old one. The funny thing is, my ex-BFF was chewing gum a seat ahead of me and he didn't catch her. Anyhoo, that one wasn't as bad, because I just hung out in the teacher's room and talked until everyone else who had had 1-hour detentions (I had a 2-hour) left, and in our school, a teacher and a student can't be in a room together because of a certain situation that happened a while ago, so I got to go home early :D

I've gotten like 15 demerits...25 is a suspension. I guess I'm not as innocent as everybody thought I was. Or maybe I just always get caught at the exact wrong times XD

I'm not a bad person, really. Although when I get demerits/a detention, I go 'Dangit, I messed up again'. But that's it. I don't feel very bad about it.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Yes i have!
    Our whole class got detention because someone threw an ink cartidge at this kid. I wouldn't blame them if they did it on purpose.

But since we had the worst sub in England she made us stay behind for 15 minutes, and then sir came in and said some stuff something around the lines of "OK 7w1 why are we all going to be out school late for?", some nerdy kid replyed that nothing happened, to try and look cool.(No it wasn't me :P) Then subby got mad and then made us have a class detention.

The next day sir sent us out one by one, so not really a class detention, and it actually wasn't that bad....

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Nope. The thought of going to school Saturday morning terrifies me.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    One detention for being tardy to my classes three times.

My father was mad for no reason...

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I'm not even in high school yet and I have about ten detentions. XD

Eight of them belongs to lunch detention. The type of detention says it all. I actually asked for some lunch detention. You can seriously catch on work and talk to the teacher. :-]

The other two are because I was caught trespassing at night and cussing at one teacher. I've learned my lesson. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    No, never. Usually the only reason I got called to the main office was because I was named "Student of the Month."

My, how things have changed since high school... bwahahahaha...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No, but only because not doing homework wasn't really the worst thing that happened around our school XD You only did if you like kicked footballs at the windows, had a fight or something. Which happened about 2 or 3 times every week. Good times...

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    Yes, in middle school, for rolling my eyes at my teacher/talking/not having my homework all in one day.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I've never had one, but my form group has had about 4 class detentions. All in the math department.

Back