• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Detention?

Detention?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • No.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I forgot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I've gotten only one detention, and that was for being tardy three days in fifth grade. Since then, I don't think I have gotten another detention, but I did have some close calls.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Nope. Im a goodie goodie. Always getting good grades. The teachers love me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The only reason I got a detention was due to the fact that I was late four times or more to school. My school has this really retarded way of dealing with lates.

You're allowed three lates per a marking period.
    On your fourth late, you get one detention.
    On your fifth late, you get two more detentions on top of your prior detention.
    On your sixth late, you get in-school suspension.

You'd think that they want kids to be in class, which is the reason behind giving a detention to the students who exceed the amount of allowed dates. However, that's clearly not the case since they give out in-school suspensions (when you are required to sit in a small classroom known as In School all day long). It's retarded.

Never got in-school yet.
    Got about three detentions Freshman year.
    Got about six detentions last year.
    Got three detentions so far this year.
    Skipped three or four of them.

Personally, I think giving detentions out for being late is ridiculous. Especially due to the fact that it's usually not the student's fault for being late, but their parent's.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I've never had a detention. The closest I ever got was because I forgot my homework a lot, and that was just during either elementary school or middle school.

Years
    Official detentions? No. Detentions with Math teacher? More than I can count. Reasons? A large variety ranging from not doing homework to failing almost every test to skipping some detention sessions with her...

Brownies

bye PC :D
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    I never got a detention before, and I'm not planning to get one.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Well, before I dropped out, I got a number of detentions for a few different things. Most of the time it was because I was late, but there were times when they were for being disruptive in class, fighting, wagging school/class or not doing homework.

Back