• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Wait, what's the difference between tablet and phablet? Is it the position of the main keys from the center to the left?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Wait, what's the difference between tablet and phablet? Is it the position of the main keys from the center to the left?

A phablet is a phone/tablet hybrid, like the Samsung Galaxy Note I, II, and III. Phablet mode is when you have the nav bar on the bottom at the status bar on the top. This has become standard in all Google tablets. Tablet mode is when the nav bar and status bar are unified and has been discontinued.

Hmmm i`ll give this a try who has built a desktop? my brother builds em a lot im building
    my first one.

I have -- just be sure everything is compatible and be sure when you're seating the CPU on the motherboard to use a good amount of thermal paste on the CPU. You don't want to misapply that. I applied mine years ago and it's still solid.

Years
  • Wait, what's the difference between tablet and phablet? Is it the position of the main keys from the center to the left?
    Phablet is essentially the phone UI on a tablet.. except that you have the tablet notification bars instead of the single phone UI bar, but the notification bar is small and at the top like a phone.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
  • I have -- just be sure everything is compatible and be sure when you're seating the CPU on the motherboard to use a good amount of thermal paste on the CPU. You don't want to misapply that. I applied mine years ago and it's still solid.[/QUOTE]
    yes i do know that

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Okay gotcha. And yeah, assembling a PC is super easy. You just need to know how to get what into where, and your golden.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    It all depends on what you want. Mid range you'd go for an i5, high end an i5. After that, the GPU, motherboard, casing, cooling system, ram, and case are dependent on what you need the PC for.

Years
  • Building a PC is all about how you want your computer to run, and not just something that someone tells you to build.. what are you trying to build? Are you building a PC for gaming? Perhaps excessive video production? You're gonna need different pieces of hardware for whatever your custom PC's purpose is.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Was that a jab at my typo, cause I just noticed it. >_<
    Seriously though, my modest side tells me that's really not needed. I mean I asked a lot of obvious things in here lately, even if I've shown some competence.

Years
  • It's all good, Elendil :) I talk about a lot of obvious things as well, so I can relate.. and besides, we all come here for our love of technology, so even if it's something we've talked about before, then it's all okay in my book :D

And in other news, I'm gonna be rooting my tablet just for the hell of it.. this time I won't tell my mom xD

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yeah telling parents about community tech fiddling is not a good idea. Even if its an obvious one. I've skinned XP months ago, but my dad only found out now that he's able to make XP look like anything he wants. Went on a virus rant, but its all cool.

Years
  • Oh, if you think that's bad.. my dad just goes to Google to search for websites like Youtube and Yahoo instead of typing in youtube.com or yahoo.com. He thinks its easier to do that, when really it's just a little more work to do IMO.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yeah, but your father doesn't ironically know how to use the internet or such when he's been programming since 1980. :|

Years
  • My brother and I are the techies in the house :p but usually my mom always goes to him for advice instead of me.. dunno why though ;;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Might be your too good. Like you could explain something which sounds simple to you, but might not sound so for her, and then your brother could say it easier. Or anything really. Don't feel too bad, at least you're the family techie.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    My mom and I are the family techies. She's a network/systems administrator for a credit union and she's been doing it for so long. If anyone has a problem, they ask us xD

Years
  • Fortunately, my father is technologically competent (I mean, he works in the IT field), but that led to me being a technologically unaware teen growing up, until I started taking courses on the stuff late in high school.

Now, hardware-wise, we're roughly on par with knowledge, but he's got the edge in development (he's picked up enough SQL to . I have an edge in networking knowledge, but mine is more networking theory while his is more practical applications of networking. He understands networking just enough to get by. There were points where I knew enough about hardware and software to get myself the A+, a CCNA, the N+, and several of the Windows Server and other Windows OS MCP certifications, but money has been the biggest obstacle and now I probably wouldn't pass the CCNA because of how much I have forgotten, and would probably barely pass the A+ because the test questions on the A+ have changed considerably from the 701 to the 801.

EDIT: OH MY MERCY THIS TITLE. I have had days at work where things just snowball and a few have started with a jammed printer or 3. Then it snowballs into a label printer giving me sass and sometimes it's followed by power supplies sparking at people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back