• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dial up or highspeed internet?

shu

so alone so lost inside
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    do you have dial up or high speed internet? I have dial up it sucks.(its the worst thing ever)

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I have have high speed internet and I love it. I used to have dial up and it was the worst.

Years
  • highspeed! really love it, although it's sometimes slow, at least it's better than dial - up, heck I still remember the good 'ol noise it makes while connecting.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    highspeed! really love it, although it's sometimes slow, at least it's better than dial - up, heck I still remember the good 'ol noise it makes while connecting.
    I hate that noise it sounds like all life is dying from the earth.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Highspeed. When I had dialup I used to bring a book with me to the computer to read while I was waiting for online games to load. xD

Ayselipera

Although I was just mentioning to someone how I like the sounds of dial up. I guess it just brings back memories from when I had it.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Unlimited broadband, yay. I used to have dial-up a few years ago, I hated it so much.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I have highspeed interwebz.

Even though it ain't sticking to its name, it's better than that crappy piece o' crap dial-up.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I haven't had dial-up for nearly six years. My family upgraded when I got my first computer back in late summer of 2004.

It was quite a pain, but it's a lot harder to get addicted to the internet when it's taking up your phone line and keeps on getting disconnected, so there is some good to it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I don't think I've had a dialup connection since I was in middle school. o_0;

Highspeed FTW!!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • High speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

People still have dial-up? o _o

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
  • I've got Dial up, but anyway, in my area, Highspeed internet has a limit with the amount of gigabytes (I think its gigabytes, or is it megabytes? >.<) you can use, while my dial up is unlimited. :D

Take that Highspeed internet! 8D -slapped-

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I have Highspeed Internet, I really hate Dial - up it is such a slow-poke, sheesh. I mean, come on! But that is all some people can afford. At least you have internet correct, no? Some people don't even HAVE internet so we can't really complain can we.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I have anything faster than a Dial-up. The one I have is a wireless broadband, and that falls in the high speed category.

I remember having Dial-up back in 2000. It was sooo slow... At least I'm satisfied with what I have now, but dial up never satisfied me and only left me with annoyance and pain.
    Dial-up also doesn't let you use a lot of services and a lot of features that broadband high speed internet lets you use, so it's sad to me if some people are still forced to use Dial-up in order to have internet connection, specially for the costs.
    I advice everyone to upgrade to the high speed broadband or better if they can afford it with ease, since that would make the whole internet a little bit better.

Back