• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga - Glitch? Or just plain lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
  • i just chucked my master ball cos i cba to battle legendarys after i battle a trainer and dont heal. i had loadsa ultra balls but no pokemon to sleep or paralyze it so i just thought "oh wat the hey" and chucked it. turned out to be a bad idea as it took me over a week to get giratina. worth it though

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Dude that's awesome, congrats on the lucky catch! I've become a bit of a legendary hunter on my HG game but I have never caught one at full health with an ultra ball.

Pingouin_7

The catch rate of 30 was for Platinum, in Diamond/Pearl, Dialga and Palkia had lower catch rates
    No. It's 30 everywhere.

Every other legendary catch rate is 3 or 5 but Dialga & Palkia's is 30.

Not as lucky as some might have thought but still pretty lucky. :D

It's the same as Chatot.
    So you'd consider catching a Chatot on the first try with an Ultra Ball to be lucky?

Catching Dialga on the first turn with an Ultra Ball has 7.843% of success.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    So just now I was up atop of Mt Cornet, and after finishing the battle with Cyrus rather easily, I went into battle with Dialga. Here's what freaked me out :S

I went into battle starting with a Pidgeot level 49, that had 12HP left, and seeing as I was planning to use the master ball, there was no point trying to keep it alive, when I had 5 others. But seeing as I had time to spare, and a few ultra balls left, I decided to throw one, to see what happens. Dialga was at full health, so I was surprised when the ball rolled once while Dialga was inside it. It rolled again, which confused me. It rolled a third time, and I was lost for words. Then it was caught. I didn't know what to say, I was so confused.

However, I think this may be a glitch. I don't know how it could be, but it's not often you catch something at full health, with an ultra ball, that has a catch rate of 30. Last time I played this I was failing with ultra balls when it was in red health.

Views and verdicts?
    Your pretty lucky,man.
    Congrats on the new Dialga! :D

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I do that with most of my catching (one ultra ball often does the trick) and yeah you got lucky. That once happened to me on Emerald, full health Rayquaza caught first try great ball.

Bedazzled

Master of magikarp
    Years
  • luckyyyyy. it took me all my ultra balls to catch mesprit, while it was asleep with barely any hp. and I keep about 75 ultra balls at all times. D:

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
  • yeah its possible, it also happened to me once in ruby i guess, with groudon or rayquaza, dont remember. I think you should have saved it, it was your Lucky dialga!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    The chance of catching dialga/palkia at full health in an ultra ball is 2.80% chance,Rather lucky.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • I think this happened to me in Plat.

Being at lv. 70 both Dialga and Palkia were going to pulverize me, so I just threw balls at them. I didn't wear down hp, and I think I threw a max of 3 balls combined, and caught them both.

You're not alone. ^_^

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Yup, that was luck. I managed to capture Dialga and Palkia like that in Platinum. Well, I did hit them like once, but still.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Luck is a curious this, no? ;D

You got lucky, but don't be surprised really. Dialga and Palkia are the easiest to catch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Luck is a curious this, no? ;D

You got lucky, [S-HIGHLIGHT]but don't be surprised really. Dialga and Palkia are the easiest to catch[/S-HIGHLIGHT].
    Yeah it is said that Dialga(in Diamond), Palkia(in Pearl), Giratina(in Platinum) are easier to catch, but had nothing to do with high catching rate. The reason is those trio are programme to be easier to catch. Like Ho-oh and Lugia in Hg/Ss(respectively).

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    You are just pretty lucky. A glitch wouldn't cause a catch rate for a single PokeBall or a Pokemon to go up (if it was a glitch every one of your PokeBalls would probably have a 100% catch rate). So stop being lucky! jerk :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back