• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga - Glitch? Or just plain lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    So just now I was up atop of Mt Cornet, and after finishing the battle with Cyrus rather easily, I went into battle with Dialga. Here's what freaked me out :S

I went into battle starting with a Pidgeot level 49, that had 12HP left, and seeing as I was planning to use the master ball, there was no point trying to keep it alive, when I had 5 others. But seeing as I had time to spare, and a few ultra balls left, I decided to throw one, to see what happens. Dialga was at full health, so I was surprised when the ball rolled once while Dialga was inside it. It rolled again, which confused me. It rolled a third time, and I was lost for words. Then it was caught. I didn't know what to say, I was so confused.

However, I think this may be a glitch. I don't know how it could be, but it's not often you catch something at full health, with an ultra ball, that has a catch rate of 30. Last time I played this I was failing with ultra balls when it was in red health.

Views and verdicts?

Years
    You just got lucky, there's always a chance you can catch a pokemon at full health, even legendaries, it's just very very unlikely. Congratz! :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2012
    Why are some people so lucky when it comes to legendary catching D:
    Probably the chance of catching Dialga was around .0000001% (exaggerating) which became dominant when you tossed your ultra ball :D

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Dialga and Palkia are the easiest Legendaries to catch. It wasn't a glitch it was just luck.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    Yeh, thought so. But just now I restarted my DS thinking I'd saved recently, and ended up in front of Dialga again, but it didn't work that time. But this time I managed to catch it in a pokeball with little under half health :P Getting quite lucky recently, seeing as I only had 8 pokeballs and 3 ultra balls on me ;)

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Dialga/Palkia are pretty easy to catch. Gratz though for being very lucky and catching it at full health in an ultra ball.

Years
    Yeah, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina were pretty easy to catch in their respective games, but I never caught one of them at full health before :P
    Congratulations!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    You can do the same thing with a regular PokeBall. It's not impossible, just very rare. (Though holding up + B helps your chances ;) )

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Even though you got lucky, it's a totally rare occasion, and should be savored.

Anyways, good job. I've always got the worst luck. XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm guessing you were on Diamond, in which case, you were incredibly lucky.

The catch rate of 30 was for Platinum, in Diamond/Pearl, Dialga and Palkia had lower catch rates

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    You simply got luck.
    It already happen the same things to me, but with a Pokeball.
    I freaked out.

Edgar7878

The name is Butch not Pingas.
    Years
    nope, it isn't a glitch. Dialga's catch rate is higher than the other legenderies. I catched it with my first ultra ball.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Though they are the easiest legendaries to catch, it still takes luck to catch them at full health in anything besides a master ball. Heck I've had legendaries with 1HP and Paralyzed or something and still took half of the like 50 Ultra balls I threw at them, and some made me restart at least once on top of that.
    So yeah, Dialga and Palkia are easy to catch compared to other legends, but catching one like you did is still really lucky.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Lucky as hell...but i know someone who will only use pokeballs to capture any pokemon so then again...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Lucky as hell...but i know someone who will only use pokeballs to capture any pokemon so then again...

I do that :P nearly all the pokemon I have are in Pokeball's
    I Always carry the max amount of Pokeballs you can... So i have more money for other stuff aswell :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back