• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia

Dialga or Palkia?

• Dialga

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • Palkia

Votes: 79 44.6%

• Total voters

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    You can't even spell Dialga right. Get a life, Noob.
    I smell a flamewar coming. And Diaruga is just another way to type Dialga with western letters, as ''L,'' IIRC, doesn't exist in the Japanese language. Small things like that don't automatically make someone a n00b. -.-
    That opinionated dude PokeWarped who has to fight with everyone.
    Fighting with everyone to prove a point isn't bad, but when you have no point to prove, then it might be. =P

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    That opinionated dude PokeWarped who has to fight with everyone.

Ahh! I'm a monster!
    But what did I do? I'm just trying to prove my points from IMO.

And I didn't say Gyrados is a water/dragon. I said he should be.
    Read throughly next time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    You can't even spell Dialga right. Get a life, Noob.

Uh.. who wants cake...? But anyway, I agree. People need to stop using the Japanese names, especially since they probably don't even know how to pronounce them. But you labeled him correctly, Arceus almost automatically makes a noob.

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years
    Ahh! I'm a monster!
    But what did I do? I'm just trying to prove my points from IMO.
    get a life noob dosent really sound like something used to prove a point

Uh.. who wants cake...? But anyway, I agree. People need to stop using the Japanese names, especially since they probably don't even know how to pronounce them. But you labeled him correctly, Arceus almost automatically makes a noob.

noob is such a loose word....anyone can get called it for any reason >>

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    I think Palkia kicks ass. His Spacial Rend move looks awsome and sounds awsome. And not only that it does a lotta damage. Ecpecially having the lustrous orb and using it on a dragon type. Then ultimate pownage. :]

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    Palkia so owns Dialga. Just like Mew owns Mewtwo, Suicune owns Entei, Lugia owns Ho-Oh and rayquaza owns Deoxys.

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
    You can't judge them by appearances unless you want to be stupid.

None of them are better than the other. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and type qualities.

Personally, I prefer Palkia. I have always held a preference for Water types, and a Water/Dragon hybrid is rare - the only other being Kingdra. But Dialga is the only one of its kind - a Dragon/Steel hybrid. No doubt that is one of the factors that makes it so popular in the Poll.

Years
    Palkia so owns Dialga.let me correct you dialga owns palkia palkia is a robot alian with a face of a ugly fish Just like Mew owns Mewtwo, Suicune owns Entei, Lugia owns Ho-Ohho-oh is just plain aswome! ho-oh so owns lugia and rayquaza owns Deoxys.i am not going to commenton this i well just say -_-

just commenting on those thank you for reading post ^_^

chibi

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    i have a shiny dialga, i love the look of it when its shiny, green blue ish.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Diaruga is just another romanization of Dialga's Japanese name so basically the pronunciation is the same as Dialga's. Also, if someone happens to own the Japanese game and can actually understand, I don't think they should be forced to use the English names, many of which are rather bad. (especially the D/P ones. -.-) Oh, and judging by your post, you don't know how to pronounce Diaruga, either, seeing as you don't know that in Japanese Dialga and Diaruga are pronounced the same way because they're just two different ways to write the name in Western characters.
    Palkia so owns Dialga. Just like Mew owns Mewtwo, Suicune owns Entei, Lugia owns Ho-Oh and rayquaza owns Deoxys.
    Actually, depending on the movesets of Mew and Mewtwo and the form of Deoxys, Mewtwo can own Mew and Deoxys can own Rayquaza. If a standard mixed sweeping Deoxys is holding Focus Sash, there goes your Rayquaza even if it uses Extremespeed. And as I already stated, a Dialga with the right moveset would actually beat Palkia in battle. Comparing two Pokémon by putting them in a fight against each other still doesn't prove anything, by the way. >.< Let's say we have a Dewgong holding Focus Sash versus Rayquaza. Dewgong would be able to OHKO Rayquaza with Ice Beam, but does that make Dewgong better than Rayquaza? I don't think so.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Palkia has an ugly head,byut better type. Dialga has a better head, and ok type. Im going for Dialga.

Back