• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl Glitch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudkipRocks

The evil fury of Mudkips kill!
Years
  • I read this magazine, and said something about DP glitches. I can't remember what it is but it said that the Big N will probably have sorted it out when comes out in the UK. Hopefull (>.<)

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • i got a couple of questions

1.how the heck did they find out the Missingo Glitch in pkmn Red/Blu?
    2.I live in Australia so if i buy D/P in a local shop will it be european or U.s Version?
    3.Can some1 Explain to mehow the gliches work? (On D/P)

Last edited:

[Phantom Upheaval]

I friggin need new avy and sig
    Years
  • You can also go to Hall of Fame without beating Goyou or Shirona.
    Simply use the door glitch, and keep going up.(from Goyou's room)
    Not new, but it's useful for lazy people.

Years
  • hmm.. I HATE IT when people release glitches before the US version is out... coz it means we dont get to use these glitches!!! waah!
    ALso, was the enerald dublicating glitch released before, or after the US version came out; because then we might know if they will/wont be bothered to fix it up...
    ~NekroBoi~

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2007
    I shall try all the glitches sometime and tell you how they go. Won't try and find anymore though. Also if your so worried about getting your save game wiped then buy a gba flash cart like Supercard (one ive got) and download a rom then before you do glitch just make a copy of your save file.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Ha i have a first bacth diamond tried both gliches darkai and shemi work.
    Also i got stcuk and didnt erase my game and going thoguh the black nothingness i got out about 45 minutes later.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I got into this problem at the E4's Pokemon Center, I'll just post it here in case anyone else gets the same problem. I'm not sure if anyone's already posted this but here goes:

When you enter the Union Room and then exit it, after restarting, your game will for some reason save outside the Pokemon League building instead of the Union Room on the second floor. And then from now on, if you enter any of the second floors on any of the Pokemon Centers, you will find that it will automatically walk you off the actual Pokemon center floor into the black area underneath. Like this: Clicky

This is how to fix it. (Found on this Nintendo page)

"If your character becomes stuck in the wall in the 2F of the Pokemon Center, try the following:

Diamond/Pearl Glitch thread

When this happens, without saving, turn off the power.
    You will restart the game at the last place you saved.
    If you return to the second floor and it happens again, take the following steps:

After returning to the last place you saved, without going to the
    second floor of the Pokemon Center, please stand in front of the
    Contest Meeting Hall (コンテスト会場) in the northern
    part of Yosuga City (ヨスガシティ)

Enter the Contest Meeting Hall, and talk to the female receptionist
    character, the first one on the left. Then, when you hear news of
    the Super Contest (スーパーコンテスト), select "Quit" (やめる).

When you do the above procedure, it should stop the
    wall glitch on the 2F of the Pokemon Center from occurring."

I think this glitch also work similarly to the E4 glitch, you can explore the black area and get to different places.

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I have been reading this topic and I want to say this: Nintendo (for the US version and other English versions) will definitely fix these gltiches but I have been thinking. Diamond and Pearl use Wi-Fi which means linking up with people from America and trading Pokemon. Now they won't want to trade away their special event legendaries but if they can clone, they would be more than happy to give one of them away. So, I thought about cloning. But I didn't think it would work. Now this glitch has been exposed. It is however, impossible to fix. I have thought about how it works and this is what I have got: The two games run on the DS clock so if you use the cloning cheat, what happens is before you turn the clock forward (I would think it to be backward), your Pokemon to be cloned is saved in it's current spot. But when the time is changed, it is as if you have continued your game. Now it's something to do with this that clones your Pokemon and the only way to fix this glithc is to use in-built game time which Nintendo have decided not to do and use the in-built DS clock instead of in-built game clocks like ruby, sapphire and emerald etc. I exposed a cloning glitch in Pokemon Emerald (yes, the English version) and now me and my brother can share legendaries! Well, I just want to know, how do people play D & P before thet are released? Do you use a ROM? Some people have them on their DS beore it's released and they're American. I am English (I live in New Zealand, next to Australia) and I never knew about that sort of thing apart from that at EB Games today, I found a pre-owned Japanese version of Pokemon Ruby. Anyway, that's my input on glitches.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Well, I tried the Darkrai/Sheimi glitch the other day, and almost died due to unclear instructions, but I caught them anyways.
    So, there should be a way to catch Aruseus with this glitch, right?

Last edited:

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • I think i answered my own question (Question 3).

When the makers made the game the tiles arent always set as "walls" or "water" they put certain decimals to that before its classified as a "wall". so maybe when they were putting in the decimals they made a mistake with the door and made it surfable (and if i am right the decimal for "water" would be 4) and you cannot get off until you land on a C (walkable) or a 1 (un-walkable) so when you land on the blackness they must have made it a C because maybe they were a bit lazy so you can walk anywhere you want. so when youre walking in differant reigons they need to load a new tileset but if you dont go through a door it doesnt get enough time to load (which explains why when youre supposobly in the 3rd elite 4 room its all black) but when you go under ground it reloads the tiles properlyand when you go up it would be re-loaded good so you can just walk to the island and find darakai or whatever its name is..

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
  • Well, I tried the Darkrai/Sheimi glitch the other day, and almost died due to unclear instructions, but I cought them anyways.
    So, there should be a way to catch Aruseus with this glitch, right?

What? The instructions sucked?

You haven't been reading clearly, have you :shocked:

Anyways, it is NOT recommended to catch Aruseus with this glitch. Why? When you finish battling/catching the Pokemon, you don't leave, right? Actually, you're supposed to automatically leave. It's strange, eh?

The reason is because the E4 Glitch loads a new map, and does NOT do what the event does. It just does whatever it pleases.

It is not recommended trying Aruseus, and this is the bugger, because while you can use FLY to exit out of that place, or go to the boat, because it's located somewhat in Tengan Mountain (making it virtually impossible to fly) and because you can't use Escape Rope, Poison Orb, or whatever, you're stuck catching it, or dying. Yep, you have to die to escape that.

If you catch it, you get stuck in that map, and you can't leave, or go into the cave, because it's technically invalid thanks to the map.

I got this info, somewhat from the GameSpot forums. I'm not posting a link, because it's illegal here to post them if they have something to do with other forums. I think it's due to advertisement.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016

Anyways, it is NOT recommended to catch Aruseus with this glitch. Why? When you finish battling/catching the Pokemon, you don't leave, right? Actually, you're supposed to automatically leave. It's strange, eh?

The reason is because the E4 Glitch loads a new map, and does NOT do what the event does. It just does whatever it pleases.

It is not recommended trying Aruseus, and this is the bugger, because while you can use FLY to exit out of that place, or go to the boat, because it's located somewhat in Tengan Mountain (making it virtually impossible to fly) and because you can't use Escape Rope, Poison Orb, or whatever, you're stuck catching it, or dying. Yep, you have to die to escape that.

If you catch it, you get stuck in that map, and you can't leave, or go into the cave, because it's technically invalid thanks to the map.

I got this info, somewhat from the GameSpot forums. I'm not posting a link, because it's illegal here to post them if they have something to do with other forums. I think it's due to advertisement.

Erm, sorry, I read the instructions from some blog, not yours. ^^;
    About the Aruseus stuff, yeah, er... I forgot about the stairs and the "In-The-Mountain" nonsense. :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007

Don't mind if I correct you?

Now, there is no boat. Yes, you can't fly out. and No, you don't automatically leave the beginning dimension, as it is simply A large piece of glass hovering high above Spear piller. I should know, I own the game (And thanks to AR and the event codes, and eBay for shipping Pearl all the way over from Tokyo to here in Texas).

And to completely cancel it out from being accessible through the E4 glitch, the floating piece of glass (A.K.A. The "Beginning Dimension") is, like I said, "High" above spear Pillar, and therefore, you would appear under the Glass Piece after coming up from underground.

Hope I cleared up some stuff.

Years
  • Don't mind if I correct you?

Now, there is no boat. Yes, you can't fly out. and No, you don't automatically leave the beginning dimension, as it is simply A large piece of glass hovering high above Spear piller. I should know, I own the game (And thanks to AR and the event codes, and eBay for shipping Pearl all the way over from Tokyo to here in Texas).

And to completely cancel it out from being accessible through the E4 glitch, the floating piece of glass (A.K.A. The "Beginning Dimension") is, like I said, "High" above spear Pillar, and therefore, you would appear under the Glass Piece after coming up from underground.

Hope I cleared up some stuff.

I was talking about other Pokemon events, thank-yew-very-much...

Anyways, I read that some time ago, before I tested the AR codes (I do own the game too, yay for importers :D)

But, I don't understand the rest. What else are you trying to contradict?

Also, this isn't my theory, just a guy named MasterMew (I think? Someone in GameSpot, not PokeCommunity, that's for sure)'s theory.

Anyways, any more glitches guys? We're running out XD

redha

Mad Trainer
    Years
  • emmm Those anyone have the aruseus glitch,although when i used cloning glitch my pokemon were gone!

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    emmm Those anyone have the aruseus glitch,although when i used cloning glitch my pokemon were gone!

About the Aruseus glitch, just look above. >_>

And about your cloning, you mught've done it backwards. (i.e withdrew when you should've deposited, etc.)

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • I know a glitch for cloning items in D/P:

Get a Ditto and a Pokémon that knows Thief, Covet, etc. Attach the item you want to clone to Ditto. Then go to route 209 (I'm not sure) and use the VS Seeker to fight a couple. THey'll have a Meditate and a Machop. Get the Meditate out of the way, then use Ditto's Transform to turn into Machop. Use Thief or Covet in your Ditto. Then just kill the Machop. After battling, both your Ditto and your other Pokémon should have the item attached!

I think this happens because when you use Thief or Covet in a trainer's Pokémon, he/she will get the item back when you have another battle. But this won't happen with your own Pokémon, that's why you need to have Ditto. I think it copies some data of your foe that makes the game think it is your foe, so it returns the item to Ditto.

I didn't discover this glitch, I just saw it in YouTube, so credits are for the one in the video.

I found the glitch here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=3MBUafaenKc

redha

Mad Trainer
    Years
  • About the Aruseus glitch, just look above. >_>

And about your cloning, you mught've done it backwards. (i.e withdrew when you should've deposited, etc.)

emm. mr.j i didn't found how to catch aruseus,but its only said that catching aruseus is not recomended,
    even it's stuck,i used a gba flash cart so it's not risky at all.
    can u tell me the steps to catch aruseus.

btw when i used my cloning glitch,it works on my biidaru,but when i tested in palkia its always gone(if u are sick of this cloning trick u don't have to answer it but the aruseus one tell me.)

can i ask one more question,if use gba flash cart(super card)can the game use via pal park?

anyway thanks.

Years
  • emm. mr.j i didn't found how to catch aruseus,but its only said that catching aruseus is not recomended,
    even it's stuck,i used a gba flash cart so it's not risky at all.
    can u tell me the steps to catch aruseus.

btw when i used my cloning glitch,it works on my biidaru,but when i tested in palkia its always gone(if u are sick of this cloning trick u don't have to answer it but the aruseus one tell me.)

can i ask one more question,if use gba flash cart(super card)can the game use via pal park?

anyway thanks.

Your spelling sucks. I cry very very much :(

I kid. I don't konw what you're doing, and I don't try these glitches, because I'm very very lazy. I'll answer some questions though.

Firstly, no one knows any glitch whatsoever to Alseus, and even if they did, it's not recommended because a) You would appear under the glass, get screwed, and never be able to fly out, and b) because no one has found the way yet.

And I haven't tried the cloning glitches, so I don't know what you're doing wrong, but you're probably doing one step wrong, that you haven't done with your other Pokemon.

Lastly, no, you can't use the GBA Super Cart and use the Pokemon Emerald. :disappoin

It also has to be Japanese, BTW. Poor poor John.

Anyways, hope I answer the questions, and hopefully we can close this thread, and make a new one about Pokemon Diamond ENGLISH VERSION! OMG.

And yes, I was kidding about closing this thread. Might as well use this for future discussion of glitches. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back