• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
Okay, one question, when I open Pokémon DP in the Nitro Explorer, which file contains the text?
And am I correct when I say that the data is byteswapped - little endian?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Trying to use thenewpoketext to get the files I need for pokedspic and I do everything a tutorial says and i get the tmp-"romname" folder but nothing appears in it. Can anyone help?

diando

Hey I urgently need a front sprite for Ash for Diamond . Does anyone where to get one?

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
I will wait for however long it takes.

btw is there anything i could do to help?
Well you could try to help figure out what some of the unknown values used in event files are for.

Trying to use thenewpoketext to get the files I need for pokedspic and I do everything a tutorial says and i get the tmp-"romname" folder but nothing appears in it. Can anyone help?
Do you have the rom in the same folder as thenepoketext.exe?

Ok now I have all of the hacking tools but how do you open .narc files?
Well you can use NDS editor to unpack the .narc But that won't really help you unless you want to figure out the formats yourself. The narcs are opened by whatever editor you are using (if they say they use the .narc)

For example, in PokeDSPic you load the relevant .narc.

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
Years
okay people, i beleve that now we have enogh knowlege to make a map editor.
here are the things you can edit with Advance map compaired with stuff we have now:
map editor function= my model editing, Ebag's triangle grass(texture x, y, z), pichu2000
script editing= SCV's ppre
map viewing= nsmbd vewer
map music= that guys youtube video
So we should now try to make a map editing tool!

man

Scrafty the Beast
Years
Ok i really need help now. I'm a noob at all of this and there is something wrong with the poketex. First i open it up. Then I click open rom. Then this screen pops up and saying that it can't oopen the rom. I really need help I'm trying to hack the D/P rom sprites. Thanx for your help.

man

Scrafty the Beast
Years
Can someone send me a rom that is compatible with the poketex because i have three different roms and they all don't work on the poketex. All I'm trying to do is make some mods to the original sprites. Then I want to try it out on my ds chip. Please help I'm in dire need of it. :)

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
Can someone send me a rom that is compatible with the poketex because i have three different roms and they all don't work on the poketex. All I'm trying to do is make some mods to the original sprites. Then I want to try it out on my ds chip. Please help I'm in dire need of it. :)
First of all don't request roms.

Second, if you want to change sprites why are you using thenewpoketext?

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
I'm not I'm actually using the regular poketex and it wont let me open any of my roms.
You have to use the right list for offsets. Search this thread for Poketex anf you will find a list of offsets for the US version.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
Follow the directions. It says to put msg.narc in the directory. You don't open any rom with it.

But again, that has nothing to do with editing sprites.
He speaks of PokéTEX, not New Pokétext. The first one edits sprites, the second one edits text.

By the way, now that I have the game opened in Nitro Explorer, what file contains the text? I can't seem to find msg.narc D:

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
Great, I got it to work!

Can I change the table to my liking? I want to add some new characters to the game. The xml it creates is in Unicode, right.
Anyone knows where the font graphics is stored? Hope it's not compressed >.<;

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but can you do proper scripting where you make the events yourself and place then and everything yet?
Also, I wanted to ask if you have figured out how to do movement permissions or anything like that.

By the way, can't wait for that Map Editor mentioned a page back.

Years
okay people, i beleve that now we have enogh knowlege to make a map editor.
here are the things you can edit with Advance map compaired with stuff we have now:
map editor function= my model editing, Ebag's triangle grass(texture x, y, z), pichu2000
script editing= SCV's ppre
map viewing= nsmbd vewer
map music= that guys youtube video
So we should now try to make a map editing tool!

By saying you think that we're ready for a map editing tool you're proving that you haven't done your homework.

man

Scrafty the Beast
Years
Ok now I can change the colors of my sprite but how can you change the hero sprite into pikachu and how do you change the starter pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back