• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Oops :P didn't realise you had to select game type BEFORE you loaded narc files, I was loading the files and then choosing platinum.

Works great now :P brilliant tool, thanks SCV!

Thanks Calebpresent um...do you know how to get sprites from other games and put it on pearl, like jolteon for the hero as an example.

Just insert the sprite sheet with pokeTEX (load it by clicking the load poke button, then click unk1 to overwrite the old sheet)

Not sure about jolteon as hero, isn't that sprite off a completely different game (although the hero in my game is now the hero from ruby, caus he is much cooler :P. So who's to say that sprites from pokemon dungeon team or whatever it's called won't work :P)

Last edited:

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
  • Can someone give me sprite sheets of different pokemon so I can change the look of my hero character. Thanx for the help!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Perhaps this is a bit too soon to be asking this but, I am looking for a tool to edit the locations of Pokemon in Platinum...
    I basically just wanna make a "493" version of Platinum, so I guess I need to know how to begin... There isn't much in the way of D/P/P hacking tutorials so I really don't know how to approach this...
    I'm guessing I need a tool to edit the PokeDex locations too?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    There are already tools for DP that do that roland, no doubt it won't belong before they are made compatible with diamond.

When you say 493 you intend to include legendaries as wild pokemon? Rather than events? Seems a little odd :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    well, for example, with bloody diamond, there was a <1% chance to find mew in the one forest
    ***2nd post***

Ok, so after a little research I have come to find out that certain Diamond files do in fact work in Platinum, so I am now taking a new approach that could cut my work load by 99%

But I need to know 2 things:
    1.) What file(s) inside the rom contains the encounter rates and locations?

2.) What file(s) inside the rom cantains the pokedex area information?

A better explaination for 2.) would be: when you go into the pokedex and select a pokemon, and then goto area to see where you can catch it it highlights a section of the map. I need to know the files that control that...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Yea, I have nitro explorer along with like 3 others that let me rip the rom wide open! ;-P I thought that was the encounter file, what I wonder is why there is a Diamond and Pearl encounter file in Platinum o.0 (it's seems there is 3 encounter files) but I'm not really concerned about that, my next concern is that Pokedex Area info... What files are they?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Does anyone knows how to convert bmp to poke for PokeTEXenglish?

I think if it is properly indexed you can just rename it, but don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% sure (I know there is a way seeing as I have done it, I just can't remember how right now.... yes I'm an idiot sometimes).

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Ok, I have a lot of the tools I need but do we have a visual script editor that will work with Platinum? (something similiar to XSE)
    I honestly don't think I could do the hex-editing...
    And has anyone found the pokedex area file yet?
    I'm sorry if it's listed in this forum somewhere, I am going through page by page and am currently on 18...
    EDIT: I also need some sort of evolution editor...
    Found Darthatron's Evo Editor!
    Still need a script editor and something for the pokedex area's...

Last edited:

Hazard7

Purple Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I think if it is properly indexed you can just rename it, but don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% sure (I know there is a way seeing as I have done it, I just can't remember how right now.... yes I'm an idiot sometimes).

I tried that and it didn't work.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    While I was on page 34 an idea struck me, is it possible to hex edit the offsets of the pokedex area locations?
    If so is an address list available?
    I guess I still need to know the file if I were to do it though... And come to think of it a D/P pokedex hex list might not work for platinum...
    Still scouring the thread, on page 36 now... Any help with my previous post would be appreciated...

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    While I was on page 34 an idea struck me, is it possible to hex edit the offsets of the pokedex area locations?
    If so is an address list available?
    I guess I still need to know the file if I were to do it though... And come to think of it a D/P pokedex hex list might not work for platinum...
    Still scouring the thread, on page 36 now... Any help with my previous post would be appreciated...

I don't think people have bothered with that kind of detail yet, there are some slightly larger things that need to be worked out first, such as:

-Mapping
    -Scripting (Although SCV's brilliant tool has gone a long way towards this being finished)
    -Inserting sprites for trainer and pokemon fronts and backs for battles (PokeDSpic platinum will only allow you to change pallets at the moment)
    -Editing wild pokemon in platinum without crashing the new areas.

P.S. I can't believe I started doing all this in order to slightly customise my brothers Diamond game and I have ended up getting quite interested in this, I don't even play pokemon, I just enjoy the editing of things, I let my little bro do all the actual playing :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    I don't think people have bothered with that kind of detail yet, there are some slightly larger things that need to be worked out first, such as:

-Mapping
    -Scripting (Although SCV's brilliant tool has gone a long way towards this being finished)
    -Inserting sprites for trainer and pokemon fronts and backs for battles (PokeDSpic platinum will only allow you to change pallets at the moment)
    -Editing wild pokemon in platinum without crashing the new areas.

P.S. I can't believe I started doing all this in order to slightly customise my brothers Diamond game and I have ended up getting quite interested in this, I don't even play pokemon, I just enjoy the editing of things, I let my little bro do all the actual playing :P
    I'm pretty sure it has been done, the Bloody Diamond mod, had a fully operational pokedex, and if I knew the pokedex files I would just rip em out but I would like to make some changes to some of em...
    ***Second Post***
    I have officially gone through 69 pages in this thread and I still can't figure out how to edit the pokedex area locations like Buffy did in his hack!
    And I would like to add some text boxes to one of the NPCs in Sandgem town so that you can obtain the NationalDex from him, but I can't quite figure out how to do it...
    I'm pretty sure this is all I have left to figure out for me to begin my hack...
    ***Third Post***
    And I have now come to find out that Darthatron's Evo Editor and PokeSpam's PokeShop2008 works with D/P but not Platinum! The Evo Editor gives me a runtime error 380 everytime I open the Platinum rom! I am officially going to curl up into a ball and cry...

Last edited:

Champion Victoria

Puella docta
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2011
    This may be a silly question, but is it possible to change the player sprite/model in Platinum to somebody else--say, one of the multiplayer avatars? If it's possible, then which tools would I need in order to accomplish this?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    This may be a silly question, but is it possible to change the player sprite/model in Platinum to somebody else--say, one of the multiplayer avatars? If it's possible, then which tools would I need in order to accomplish this?
    After reading all 69 pages yesterday, from what I gather, you could use PokeTEX or a hypothetical alternative that I think would work... I believe you could use Tahaxan to locate the exact file you want, and the main character sprite, once you know where both are you could then use NDS Editor to Extract the one you want, then rename it by hand to the main character sprite, and reinsert it back in to the rom... That is only theory though, as sprite editing is not contained in my studies...

Now after a good night's rest, I am still stuck where I was but I shall now begin placing all 493 Pokemon in Platinum and hope that someone helps me with my problems by the time I am done (if not my hack is stuck at that point)

Feel free to IM me at Aim: Roland0928, MSN: [email protected], Yahoo: RolandHazoto

Champion Victoria

Puella docta
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2011
    Hm, I suppose that *might* work. I was thinking for something more direct, like the sprite editors for the GBA generation games, but I suppose I'd try this.

Of course, I have to track down which .narc file has the sprites/models to begin with... any ideas?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    That my friend you would have to backtrack through these forums and find yourself... Only because I don't recall... Apologies...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back