• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
Years
  • mmm ok i will try my best
    But I CANT CHANGE THE HERO COLORSS!!!!
    this is what i do
    1.- open room
    2.-select the poke hero and change the cap colors to black and gray
    3.- i click SAV ROM
    and put the room in my ez5 and play it

but nothing happen
    i hack the starters and elite four and that work fine but sprites no

Darksun45230

Story Developer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    Go here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3385991&postcount=407

That is my post with a "translated" PokeTEX that I made... it should work fine, and if you still cant figure anything out, then post again, and I shall try to help. ;)

I've been fooling around with this. I was able to modify the colors and even the sprite itself using the .Poke files that came with the download. I'm surprised not a lot of people mention this. However there are some small flaws when using the Unk1 and Unk2; those are super-imposers that replace the regular sprite pattern with the one you were modifying. Making it possible to replace Rowan with Professor Birch/Oak, even replace the Hero's sprite or change it's colors (I wanted a dark Sprite so changed him to look like a French 80s Goth.)

In order to do this however you need to modify all the Hero's sprite patterns. And since the PokeTEX I downloaded came with only a few sprites of the R/S Trainer I had to ignore the fact that he returned to his original sprite whenever he talked to someone, Surfed, or even looked up.

It's a work in progress but it should be masterable given the right hacker. On that note I would love to see more .Poke files that replace the Trainer. I'm interest to see what others have come up with.

EDIT: I've uploaded my French 80s Goth color changes. Notice that there is more then one file. You need to super-impose your Sprite using Unk1 in order to make the changes. What I did is basic but it gives the Trainer a much better look. However you won't be able to change the portrait/back portrait as of yet. I have yet to run into a program that lets you do it for D/P.

Last edited:

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • Can you send me a screenshot of your creation darksun?
    How can i change the sprites?thats what i want to know just that

Rizaria

Rogue waffles stole my soul...
    Years
  • Help with hacking

I was wondering if I could get a little help, as I've yet to read the answers to my questions in this topic or elsewhere. *could be blind though*

In any case, I didn't start fiddling with Diamond 'til yesterday...namely 'cause my real one went missing, so...used PokeSav to make one work for me. [I have my reasons, it's not actually 'cause I play Pokemon anymore..xD;]

On to the point, I want to do one of two things: either A. Change the character sprites, or B. Change the colour of existing sprites.

With Tahaxan, I have looked through the rom but can't actually find the character sprites, just everything else really. ^-^; If anyone knows where and what they are, please let me know.

If not, I need help with the palette thing. I downloaded PokeTEX and have used it...but, when looking at the list of sprites, no matter what I click, it doesn't show them in the program at all. Which means I have no idea what I'm seeing, nor do I know how to edit them.

In other words, just a simple tutorial for how to change colours simply would be nice. But I'd appreciate any help really, pretty much just wanna satisfy my curiosity is all. x3

Years
  • I was wondering if I could get a little help, as I've yet to read the answers to my questions in this topic or elsewhere. *could be blind though*

In any case, I didn't start fiddling with Diamond 'til yesterday...namely 'cause my real one went missing, so...used PokeSav to make one work for me. [I have my reasons, it's not actually 'cause I play Pokemon anymore..xD;]

On to the point, I want to do one of two things: either A. Change the character sprites, or B. Change the colour of existing sprites.

With Tahaxan, I have looked through the rom but can't actually find the character sprites, just everything else really. ^-^; If anyone knows where and what they are, please let me know.

If not, I need help with the palette thing. I downloaded PokeTEX and have used it...but, when looking at the list of sprites, no matter what I click, it doesn't show them in the program at all. Which means I have no idea what I'm seeing, nor do I know how to edit them.

In other words, just a simple tutorial for how to change colours simply would be nice. But I'd appreciate any help really, pretty much just wanna satisfy my curiosity is all. x3

so the pallets basicly? someone made a tool for this, and i believe that there've been some offsets posted in this thread

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • But how can i change the sprites i dont know how.
    Can someone explain me?please this is my last vacation day :D
    I dont understand very well poketex(thats what i use)

P.D. when you open the cyclisthero.poke,it look like mine?
    i put a image

Years
  • But how can i change the sprites i dont know how.
    Can someone explain me?please this is my last vacation day :D
    I dont understand very well poketex(thats what i use)

P.D. when you open the cyclisthero.poke,it look like mine?
    i put a image

i think we've cleared up that nobody really knows :/ I'd say just modify the bytes at the bottom, then click save poke

Rizaria

Years
  • Yes, I've tried another tool with the list of offsets from PokeTEX, but it didn't do anything.

Again, might be down to the fact there's alot of programs but little to no instructions...

Darksun45230

Story Developer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    I've noticed that the text itself is the Sprite in data bytes. Could it be possible to reprogram an entirely new Sprite using the bottom half? I'm not that skilled with hacking tools but I'm sure it's possible.

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • yeahh i did it!
    i change the color of the hero and moms hair
    i check it and it is like it put it
    and i change the rival sprite for the contesthero sprite

thanks for your help and attention gabe and dark

now other question,where can i find more sprites for the poketex program.i am lookin for ash sprite or gary

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • first open poketex
    after that open the rom
    now select a sprite or character and in the colors table change the colors
    when you finish go down where say EXTEND and there click sav rom
    to change the hero look for the sprite "HERO", no "pokehero"

Rizaria

Years
  • I've tried that. But Hero doesn't even have any colours...and unlike the screenshot you posted earlier, sprites never appear in the top left of the program for me at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back