• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    To all the Mac users out there, here is a little preview of what I'm working on.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
    Years
  • This is probably a stupid question, but where can I find a working version of NarcTool or PokeDSPic? I've extracted my Diamond rom and want to use some of the menu/stat elements in my game - that ISN'T a hack, but with Pokemon Essentials. NarcTool closes as soon as it starts and I can't find PokeDSPic anywhere.
    I was looking through this topic and saw someone mention "TLP", what is this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Well, I am happy to see how big effort are you putting to the subject of DP hacking, but I don't like the way some of the tool makers respond to people who don't read 40*25 posts plus some more. You just call them ignorant kids and go away. I hope I didn't insult anyone, but I just don't like such rude behaviour.

If I were you, I would consider a new thread being opened, with someone active as a thread creator so he or she can update the first post regularly with some kind of summary. It takes ages till you get some infromation stuck between 40 pages in a bunch of "i am happy cant wait" posts. Think about it.

Years
  • Well, I am happy to see how big effort are you putting to the subject of DP hacking, but I don't like the way some of the tool makers respond to people who don't read 40*25 posts plus some more. You just call them ignorant kids and go away. I hope I didn't insult anyone, but I just don't like such rude behaviour.

If I were you, I would consider a new thread being opened, with someone active as a thread creator so he or she can update the first post regularly with some kind of summary. It takes ages till you get some infromation stuck between 40 pages in a bunch of "i am happy cant wait" posts. Think about it.

I know I end up sounding like a jerk, but the point of the thread is to talk about DP hacking, not for someone to come in every day and say they're sorry they couldn't read through the last 20 pages. If they care about knowing what's going on in DP hacking enough they should read it, it's plain and simple. As for the "ignorant kids" if you look at my profile you will get an ok idea of what I'm talking about. If I say I'm working on a map editor (which I'm not anymore) then asking me repeatedly won't speed up the process, it will just make me angry. I do not mean to say that everyone who hasn't read through the whole thread is an ignorant kid, I mean the people who still request tools and so on from me, and when I tell them that they weren't released ask why. I'll just clear this up now, If someone hasn't released a tool, it's because it doesn't work, or it just sucks. Anyway, I'm sorry for seeming like a jerk, but I get a lot of crap about the programs, so I tend to assume that everyone asking is a "ignorant kid", which I have seen is not always the case, but it is unfortunately common.

Years
  • Someone else is doing a map editor, they are more capable then anyone from PokeSpam. I appreciate your support, but we don't want to end up the EliteMap to they're AdvanceMap, So for now we're going to focus on scripting.

EvilCrazyMonkey

D/P Hacker-in-Training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Just wondering, what computer language do you use to code PokeSpam applications? If C or C++, what GUI toolkit?
    I can help code applications if needed.

Years
  • Mostly Visual Basic 6 and VB.NET, but I just started learning C#, so I might do some tools in that. Also, I posted some map editing stuff in the tutorials section today, it just needs to be approved.

EvilCrazyMonkey

D/P Hacker-in-Training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Mostly Visual Basic 6 and VB.NET, but I just started learning C#, so I might do some tools in that. Also, I posted some map editing stuff in the tutorials section today, it just needs to be approved.

Ugh, Visual Basic... I'll learn the gist of it to help program some apps.

Years
  • eh, VB's really not that hard. Anyway, I was playing around with the 3d models and I did a bit.

I changed the mart to a house... the textures didn't come with it tho :( And I also did a few more mapping things to route 201

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    A few posts ago you were saying how important is to keep on topic and this topic is DP hacking. Who is ignorant jerk now? :P Not really. Well, good job with the house, by the way ;) I am looking forward to the script editor as well. Umm... will the scripting be much different from the GBA scripting?

Years
  • I'm pretty sure scripting will be different, maybe not from the way the language looks, but the giving items thing is being very annoying >_< That's really all I've tried so far, giving mapping a few last experiments.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Now now, guys let's try to get along.

Nice job on the mapping, Gabe_K! This is coming along really well!
    Good luck to everybody diligently working on hacking Diamond and Pearl, I'm extremely proud of you all!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back