• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2008
    I use translhextion (hex editor), tabular (table manager is a good one too) and notepad (just for translation notes) and nothing else. Well, in the screenshot, because I had to use poketext, narctool (in the poketext pack), dsLazy (to unpack and repack the nds file) and a lot of others until I find the these ones.

...the narc might be a bit more complicated (if it's a problem) you probably know that natriums narctool is for narc with filenames pokemon uses narc without filenames. so if thats a problem a rewrite is needed. for constant size stuff you could avoid it by just parsing the narc and replacing the data (i do that in pokedspic). poketextds(WIP) will need a full narc implementation though which is one reason why its not released (the other is the fact that i am to lazy to write a crappy gui)

LoadingNow, thanks for the answer. I wil try this pokedspic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    rapid progress in the narc rebuilding front looking quite good already
    does anyone want to test the new poketext which is now more easy to use? i still need to tie the modules together but in the ind you will be able to convert the narc to xml in utf-16 edit that and rebuild the narc from that. maybe there will be some speed issues i've not yet tried with the whole file in that case there will be an option to dump and reinsert just one or few files.

SkH

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    does anyone want to test the new poketext which is now more easy to use? i still need to tie the modules together but in the ind you will be able to convert the narc to xml in utf-16 edit that and rebuild the narc from that. maybe there will be some speed issues i've not yet tried with the whole file in that case there will be an option to dump and reinsert just one or few files.

Oh my yes yes of course of course!! I want to translate so much thank you!!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2008

I can do it!!! Maybe this new version will work for me...

tajio

Sugoi~!
    Years
    sorry if i'm being ... you know ... but i can't go through the whole post to find out if where getting close to D/P rom hack ... has anyone found a way to do it yet :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    yes new poketext is not out yet - and it got a little delayed because I had to work on other things the last few days. But anyway it's back on track and i got all modules tied together for the first time now the ndstool caller the new narc module the crypto and the table module.
    seems to work quite well. The rebuilt rom does not crash and displays the correct text. So yeah nds->xmltext and xml->nds works now.

Time to think about a ui.
    What do you think: a) Pokepic way (use seperate program to edit the xml) or b)direct editing?
    The first option would have the advantage that if anyone ever manages a script editor the script editor could just edit the xml and have poketext write it back.
    The 2nd would obviously be more newbie friendly.

Years
    sorry if i'm being ... you know ... but i can't go through the whole post to find out if where getting close to D/P rom hack ... has anyone found a way to do it yet :)

If you haven't gone through the topic then don't post. We know you didn't read through it so you don't know, but this thread is almost nothing but posts like this

yes new poketext is not out yet - and it got a little delayed because I had to work on other things the last few days. But anyway it's back on track and i got all modules tied together for the first time now the ndstool caller the new narc module the crypto and the table module.
    seems to work quite well. The rebuilt rom does not crash and displays the correct text. So yeah nds->xmltext and xml->nds works now.

What do you think: a) Pokepic way (use seperate program to edit the xml) or b)direct editing?
    The first option would have the advantage that if anyone ever manages a script editor the script editor could just edit the xml and have poketext write it back.

If they're newbies, they shouldn't be hacking, so I'd go with the first one.

SkH

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008

Ah good, an info. Thanks.

I would be pleased with the direct editing. But you can make it maybe first the direct editor and later the Pokepic way, or the ability to change mode in the editor.

Also can you search for the accent characters and add to the table file? Like the " é " but we have got it before because of Pokémon. For example: á í ö ü ő ű ó ú

These chars. I would be very VERY pleased. These characters needs for my translation to Hungarian.

Thank You very much!

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years

I recommend the PokePic way, gabe_k is right, unless you understand the basics you shouldn't be hacking it. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back