• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Well gabe i meant in general vista is fancy. Also.. an un released script editor?! Damn you should have released it to keep teh noobs that thin they are teh l33t haxors away. But whatever destinyt guides the fates of hacking. Damn poeticness and word making ftw. Aha lol off track. But whats new in the world of d/p hacking gabe?

Years
  • Well gabe i meant in general vista is fancy. Also.. an un released script editor?! Damn you should have released it to keep teh noobs that thin they are teh l33t haxors away. But whatever destinyt guides the fates of hacking. Damn poeticness and word making ftw. Aha lol off track. But whats new in the world of d/p hacking gabe?

As far as I know it onlz shows the script in hex? I never really tryed since I only had a spanish rom...:shocked:

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
  • I'd like to see a Text Editor, Map Editor, Pokemon Editor, Trainer Editor, Event Editor, Tag Editor, AND Tittle Editor rolled into one! (And if Possible; a Music Editor) Not to mention the ability to change the graphics a bit.
    Kinda like RPG XP.
    All the tools into one!
    I said RPG XP so you can get an idea of the interface. That would be PERFRECT!

I use POKESAV, and an (R4DS) it is related to ROMs so don't ask.
    Sence I can edit the .SAV directly and then load it via R4DS I can save in one spot and change where I am on a map!
    I have found out that there are 3 coordinates X, Y, and Z.
    Stairs and Coastlines (Where you walk on the waves that crash on the sand) are ALLWAYS Z=x.5
    Replace "X" with current height.

It would be cool if I could edit the Pokemon Daimond and Pearl games!
    I could create a 4-town and route map with custom events, texts, and labels. Then I could show it off and play it on the go!
    I hope these tools come out soon!

I use the cheat code: RUN THROUGH WALLS (Yea the R4DS also supports Action Replay Codes) and I found out somthing intresting!
    The ENTIRE WEST-MOST Section of Sinnoh has a MODELESS and TEXTURELESS Sinnoh! You can run into wild Pokemon there and travel the routes without colosions! YOU CAN EVEN SAVE IN THERE(Though I would not reccomend it!) and fly out of there.
    If you head to the EASTMOST SIDE of SINNOH this will flip you *%&(! YOU WILL WARP to the EAST SIDE of SINNOH!
    If you head north you will reach the inside of buildings I guess?
    And South the same (Once again, a guess)
    Both NORTH and South I will need to test.
    For some reison the cheat code will not allow me to walk through walls in the Battle Tower and the game on occasion stops my movement but then after 2 seconds of resisting will allow me to progress.
    I'd like to see another code that allows me to WALK Thrugh Walls and DISABLES ALL COLLISIONS (INCLUDING inside of the BATTLE TOWER)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'd like to see a Text Editor, Map Editor, Pokemon Editor, Trainer Editor, Event Editor, Tag Editor, AND Tittle Editor rolled into one! (And if Possible; a Music Editor) Not to mention the ability to change the graphics a bit.
    Kinda like RPG XP.
    All the tools into one!

Sence I can edit the .SAV directly and then load it via R4DS I can save in one spot and change where I am on a map!
    Stairs and Coastlines (Where you walk on the waves that crash on the sand) are ALLWAYS Z=x.5

I could create a 4-town and route map with custom events, texts, and labels. Then I could show it off and play it on the go!

I use the cheat code: RUN THROUGH WALLS (Yea the R4DS also supports Action Replay Codes) and I found out somthing intresting!
    The ENTIRE WEST-MOST Section of Sinnoh has a MODELESS and TEXTURELESS Sinnoh! You can run into wild Pokemon there and travel the routes without colosions! YOU CAN EVEN SAVE IN THERE(Though I would not reccomend it!) and fly out of there.
    If you head to the EASTMOST SIDE of SINNOH this will flip you *%&(! YOU WILL WARP to the EAST SIDE of SINNOH!
    For some reison the cheat code will not allow me to walk through walls in the Battle Tower and the game on occasion stops my movement but then after 2 seconds of resisting will allow me to progress.
    I'd like to see another code that allows me to WALK Thrugh Walls and DISABLES ALL COLLISIONS (INCLUDING inside of the BATTLE TOWER)
    All you are talking about is what you want, without knowing how actually hard it is to do it.
    -_-;

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • D/P map hacking

How to hack maps of D/P

i know how how to hack maps in D/P

firstly we need a rom extracter

than we find the .narc file for the maps

than we edit the maps using a tool
    which iam going / probably make

Years
  • How to hack maps of D/P

i know how how to hack maps in D/P

firstly we need a rom extracter

than we find the .narc file for the maps

than we edit the maps using a tool
    which iam going / probably make

LOL. That's simple -_-; finding the bmd model isn't the problem, I even gave out offsets for the maps. But you'll need to make a 3d modeling tool, you'll need to figure out how the model references the textures stored in feilddata/areadata/area_map_tex/map_tex_set.narc. Good luck, knowing the narc isn't enough. Don't get people hopes up by saying you know how to find the narc, all your doing is proving that you know how to look through narc files.

I'd like to see a Text Editor, Map Editor, Pokemon Editor, Trainer Editor, Event Editor, Tag Editor, AND Tittle Editor rolled into one! (And if Possible; a Music Editor) Not to mention the ability to change the graphics a bit.
    Kinda like RPG XP.
    All the tools into one!

Nobody's gonna make it for you, make it yourself. Oh, and don't forget a script editor. It's pointless posting in here about what you want to see. EVERYONE WANTS A MAP EDITOR OR A SCRIPT EDITOR. NOBODY HAS A MAP EDITOR. A few people have a script editor, but it won't ever be public.

Well gabe i meant in general vista is fancy. Also.. an un released script editor?! Damn you should have released it to keep teh noobs that thin they are teh l33t haxors away. But whatever destinyt guides the fates of hacking. Damn poeticness and word making ftw. Aha lol off track. But whats new in the world of d/p hacking gabe?

LOL. Vista is more useless then it is fancy :P Anyway, yeah, new in dp would be I figured out a bit about pointers in narcs, so that's kinda cool and stuff...

Last edited:

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    This might not be the right place, but anyway... how can I rip the battle backgrounds from Diamond version? I know it's possible, I just don't know how to do it.

By battle backgrounds, I mean this->

Also, is it possible to view entire maps? Similar to this->

Years
  • This might not be the right place, but anyway... how can I rip the battle backgrounds from Diamond version? I know it's possible, I just don't know how to do it.

By battle backgrounds, I mean this->

Also, is it possible to view entire maps? Similar to this->

You can rip the backgrounds by looking around for them in a rom "unpacker". I recommend tahaxan, as it has a built in viewer. And no, you can view maps in ndsbmd, but without textures, and that picture you posted is actually 3 maps.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I'm getting better at the dimensions on the hex editor, all we need to do is find the offset for the Movement Permissions. The Movement Permissions have movements that are an obstacle and movements that are passable.
    Btw, I'm using an AR code that turns all movement permissions in the game to "00"
    Here's the code:

94000130 FCFD0200
    12056C06 00002000
    D2000000 00000000
    94000130 FCFD0100
    12056C06 00001C20
    D2000000 00000000

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
  • Hi All!

Just wanted to say good luck with hacking D/P. It looks really hard, Although I cant hack RSEFRLG properly yet -_-;. Anyway, You're doing a great job.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJ91990 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking
    Kinda like RPG XP.
    All the tools into one!

We all would, but are you actually contributing to this topic, or are you trying to give us your christmas list >.<? A little early, considering its July.

Last edited:

lostsoul5673

blahblahblahblahblahblahb lah
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    Wow, all 45 pages, I've read it all, and I have a hex editor and maybe I can be of some help, even if little... Hex editing is confusing, can someone give me some tips?

Years
  • Wow, all 45 pages, I've read it all, and I have a hex editor and maybe I can be of some help, even if little... Hex editing is confusing, can someone give me some tips?

I'd recommend just getting a ds rom unpacker (I recommend tahaxan), look for stuff that has an important looking name, and play around with it.

lostsoul5673

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    Well, I used DSlazy before and was working on customs song for GH: OT, it's easier than this. Yes, I had a .narc unpacker for this reason, but it was confusing to me since it said something to me unable to crate file or something. Forgot where I saved it... It was command line since I found no gui, and I sort of understand cmd...

Years
  • Hmm... I have a DSlazy gui <.< Anyway, to edit the narcs in the files just either search for part of the narc in the file, or in tahaxan it shows the offsets.

lostsoul5673

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    Okay, what do I do with the runtime/dll files, I put them in system32 and go to run and install them?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back