• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    ahhhh i need help, i beat the 7th gym but the problem i have is that the team Galactic guys werent outside the lake entrance as i came through, it was as if that part had already been done(im playing a used game btw) but i dont have the storage key, and the guy outside the team Galactic hq isnt there either so how do i get this key!? all i wanna do is get to the area where dialga is, dont i have to go through there hq before i go to the mt?

Last edited:

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    that didnt work, it wont let me there, im in Mt. Coronet now, and i just crossed the two bridges and theres a blockage "cave painting" in front of the next part of the cave entrance. so i cant go any farther.

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    thats what im not sure bout, bc this is a used game from gamestop i just picked up where it had been left off, 6 gyms where already beat, i just beat the 7th, now im trying to figure out how to get the key to the HQ haha. do i have to go to all 3 lakes before i can go any farther in the MT/get the key?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    pokeradar question

I'm hoping this topic goes here if not I'm apologizing in advance. There is a grid for shiny hunting dealing with numbers from 1 to 4 with your character in the middle
    4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
    4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
    4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
    4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
    4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4
    4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
    4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
    4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
    4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
    Four being your best chance to encounter the pokemon your chaining. Is this method 100%? I tried chaining by this method but to no avail the chain broke. Has anyone come up with a better method? I'm currently trying to chain an eevee in the trophy garden and I know it's one of the hardest pokemon to train. Any advice on chaining and has anyone had success by following this chart?

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
    There are a couple of developed methods on it, just look around a bit. I forgot the exact links, but they're around here somewhere.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    You need a lot of patience...A LOT
    As long as you only go to the furthest away square from yourself you should be fine. Avoid the 4's and reset if nothing shows up. Don't think "ahhh, that one's good enough!" Cuz...it probably isn't :/

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    so avoid the fours cause I heard that they have the best chance of keeping your chain going. My longest chain was 20 and it was broken because of that darn four

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    If they're on the edge of the grass, or in a corner, you should avoid them. I think your grid is just saying that the farther away the tile is, the more likely it is to be the same pokemon. Go to the farthest grass that isn't on the edge or corner, and you should be fine. Just remember that it takes a while, and sometimes the chain breaks for no real reason, so you've got to be patient.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    You need a lot of patience...A LOT
    As long as you only go to the furthest away square from yourself you should be fine. Avoid the 4's and reset if nothing shows up. Don't think "ahhh, that one's good enough!" Cuz...it probably isn't :/

Avoid the fours? I thought it was only step on a patch when there are three others. :|

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Avoid the edges, try and go far away, but no more than 7 steps away, stay in the same kind of patch of grass (don't go from moving a lot to moving a little), reset if you're unsure. Also, chains can break suddenly, so even if you're doing it right, it has a chance of breaking (it does this to me a lot for ralts.)
    This should help you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wruW8rzRAxA

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Avoid the edges, try and go far away, but no more than 7 steps away, stay in the same kind of patch of grass (don't go from moving a lot to moving a little), reset if you're unsure. Also, chains can break suddenly, so even if you're doing it right, it has a chance of breaking (it does this to me a lot for ralts.)

thanks for the vid! I see why my chains were breaking....I was messing up by picking the four across and or up and down from me! Going to go try again!

Got another question....sorry for the double post but can you get a shiny pokemon with a chain of 26? I've heard somewhere that people would just do 20 and get results just that it would take longer than forty. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Got another question....sorry for the double post but can you get a shiny pokemon with a chain of 26? I've heard somewhere that people would just do 20 and get results just that it would take longer than forty. Can anyone confirm this?

You can encounter a Shiny with a chain of 1. The lowest I've ever gotten was 9 and my brother got a Shiny at 3. However, the closer to 40, the more likely it is to encounter a Shiny. Some people probably play it safe by stopping at 20 and resetting, hoping to get lucky. But it does take longer to find one at 20 than one at 40.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back